TXU Energy Retail Logo

TXU Energy Retail

Having problems with TXU Energy Retail?

+1 800 818 6132 (Residential)
+1 855 750 0899 (New Customer Sales, Residential)
+1 888 399 5501 (Business / Commercial)
+1 855 881 0489 (New Customer Sales, Business)
+1 800 316 2135 (Property Management & Apartment)
+1 800 711 9112 (Construction & Builder)
6555 Sierra Drive
Irving, Texas

Complaints & Reviews

Scam charges

About a month ago I received my new bill, they apparently switch system or something. My bill has always been extremely high. I had called in the pass and said that I thought there was something wrong with my meter because my light was crazy high. Some lady with a foreign accent told me that everything was okay with my meter. I ask to see if they could come and look at it. She flat out told me no. So I get my bill and it states that I am a commercial customer. I was pissed off. My bill had stated my name and then under that DBA SOUTHERN OAKS APTS, where I lived years ago. I just thought that they need to remove that line. Well I started looking at my previous bills and sure enough they all stated PARTNER ADVANTAGE, Some said BUSINESS RATE. It was in small print that I never even saw it. So I called my said they would fix it. I asked for a credit, they told me that they would put in a request to the billing dept. I followed up within a week. They had me set-up a residential account. I got my bill today and guess what it still says COMMERCIAL ACCT. I called again. She told me that I was a residential account but it didn't list a service address??? I asked again about my credit. She stated that the mistake has only been since Jan 09 that someone did the research. She said that I had been a residential customer before that. I asked for an email address and she said no we don't have one!!! I asked for a fax number so that I could send her the proof that my bill said BUSINESS RATE. She then gave me an email address. She said that the ESCALATIONS Dept would be calling me back about my credit. I would love to switch companies but they all ask for high deposit.

Over billing

I received a bill for four times the norm from TXU and I immediately contacted them with my concerns. At...

Billing me for wrong address

I tried to setup an account with TXU Energy because they had the "cheapest" plan, but had problems doing it - they could not give me an account number. So I emailed them to cancel the order, and now I have service with Reliant.

TXU however went ahead and setup an account for me for a different apartment number. I have gotten a bill for over $350, and after spending several hours on the phone, sending emails and a fax, I have gotten nowhere with
them. I don't even know who lives at that other apartment.

TXU customer service is the worst ever. Reliant could set me up in a few minutes and they are able to answer my questions very quickly.

• Cd
    cds100 Mar 14, 2012

i agree they were very rude an poor quality service..everyone i talked to had an additude like they did not want to work there an half of them i couldnt understand ...they over billed me for there mistake txu uuuuu suck seriously...stay away from them...

OVER DUE REFUND

OUR HOUSE WAS DISTORYED BY IKE ON 9/13/2008. ELECRIT SERVICE WAS CANELLED WITH TXU OCT/NOV. LAST BILL RECEIVED IN NOV. FROM TXU HAD A $47.38 CREDIT BALANCES.
IT IS NOW 3/2/2009 AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND CHECK. I
STARTED CALLING IN DEC. OF 08. I HAVE MADE OVER 15 CALLS NOW BUT TO NO EVEAIL.
EACH PERSON I TALK TO TELL ME “ YOUR REFUND WILL TAKE 4 TO 6 WEEKS
‘.

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE.

TONY GILLESPIE
ACCT NO.[protected]
SERVICE ADD: 100 W. 7TH ST.
KEMAH, TX 77565
MY PHONE NO. 713/870-3578

CC: HOUSTON BBB
TX. UTILLTY COMUSION
NBC CH. 13

• Jm
    JMS44 Mar 09, 2009

Tony,

I feel your pain. We moved from the Houston area to the Dallas area and closed our account in Spring on Novmeber 30, 2008. TXU sent me a statement in December showing this account had a credit of$115, but I never received it. I started calling towards the end of January trying to get this credit issued to me. I was given the run-around everytime. I spoke to no fewer than 5-6 different people every time I called. There was always a reason as to why they couldn't help me. Either the "system" was down, or they didn't have access to refund information...whatever lame excuse they could give to transfer me to someone else. Each phone call lasted for several hours, most of that time on hold, or dealing with a "customer service representative" who barely spoke English. If I did get any resolution, they would say exactly as you stated, "allow 4-6 weeks to process your refund". Very frustrating. Finally, after threatening to call the Better Business Bureau and my attorney, I got someone who reluctantly helped me. I got a call from a lady (who spoke very clear English) from a local area code here in Dallas who said she needed clarification on my mailing address so she could send me my refund. Apparently it had been recorded several different ways and she didn't know which address was correct. (Surprise, surprise!) So there has to be local offices that you can get to without dealing with the headache and non-stop run around you get with the 1-800 number. See if you can find it, continue to be persistent...and Good luck!

• Kr
    KRISTI May 01, 2009

We moved from Magnolia in Feb. back to Dallas. I put in a disconnection with TXU on Dec. 28, 2008 for service to terminated Jan. 05, 2009... They NEVER terminated my service and they have sent me a bill EVERY month since!! Now the bill is over $1200.00! I've called and called. They said they would investigate being the kilowatts that were used each month were over 1500!! We didn't even use that when we were living there.

When I had service connected in Oct. 2008 they sent me a bill for the "estimated billing" thing they did when IKE hit...which our service wasnt even connected then! TXU is a mess!

And just to let everyone know an electric provider CANNOT estimate your bill unless your meter is not accessable...!!! So what TXU done (or maybe it was CenterPoint, don't really care...) was just sit on their butts and send people a bill for service they didn't have or use!

I filed a complaint with the PUC and they told me it was illegal for a REP to "estimate" a bill without trying to access the meter...AND that most meters now are those "Smart Meters" and they can just read them from their office without having to come to your house!

JUST TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

Fraudulent billing pratices

I'm gone several months of the year. TXU had permission through ACH withdrawal for my bill each month. I was gone February, March, April and May. My bills range from $20.00 to $127.00. No problem, the were paid. TXU said they thought the meter was dead, so they replaced the meter and re-calculated the bill with me then owing close to $1, 000.00. When I leave for weeks or months at a time, I cut the circuit breaker off, except for the area of my telephone and freezer/refrigerator. I called and spoke with them, by name time and date. They brought it down to $500.00, Still not good. I asked them what kind of problem did my meter have, was is mechanical problem? I am not responsible for mechanical problems. The recalculation was in their favor. My electric will be cut off on 4 Dec 2008.

• Hi
    Hillory Dec 10, 2008

TXU Mistakes Result in Loss of Power for 3 Days, 4 Nights

I have been through hell over the past 3 days and 4 nights because of this company. They mistakenly turned off my electricity and acknowledged that it was their mistake. However, they had absolutely no sense of urgency about correcting the situation.

On December 6, I submitted an online order to transfer service from my apartment to my new home. The order was to go into affect on Dec. 19 and I received an online confirmation with the new account number.

On December 30, Oncor arrived at my new home to remove the meter. The service tech. explained that they had received a move out order from the previous tenant, but that he would put the job status as incomplete to provide me time to contact TXU and get the situation straightened out. I immediately called TXU (call logged on cell phone on 12/30 at 5:15 p.m.) and spent 20 minutes working through the situation. Someone at TXU had input the incorrect service address when setting up the move order from my transfer request. My billing address was correct, but the service address was listed at a location in a city in West Texas! The rep. was supposed to correct the service address and make arrangements to ensure that my power was not disconnected.

Unfortunately, this was only the beginning of my nightmare with TXU.

On 1/9, I arrived home to find the power cut off. I once again contacted TXU and was informed that the service address had not been corrected and that an entirely new account should have been set up (even though I had an entirely new account - it seems to me that it just needed to be corrected). The representative accused me of not calling on 12/30 because there were no notes in their system (even though I have on my cell phone log evidence that I called). She acknowledged that this situation was their mistake but they refused to do anything to rectify the mistake until Monday. She informed me that Oncor did not have crews to do move-in requests over the weekend. I was told they put this on a priority order and that I would not be charged for the priority (how sweet of them considering IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE!)

I was advised to make other living arrangements for the weekend. I asked if they would reimburse me for a hotel room and was told that I would have to front the money and then submit my expenses to the claims department for them to review IF they would reimburse me. First of all - I just moved into the house. I don't have the money to front for a weekend hotel stay. Second, I have pets, and most hotels do not allow pets (not to mention they were already agitated from the move - to keep them in a hotel for the weekend would be cruel). So, I had to stay in my house without electricity in near freezing nighttime temperatures for the weekend.

I lost everything in my refrigerator (including my Jenny Craig meals), I lost plants that I brought in from the freezing weather and I lost time to work on my home. I was unable to shower for the weekend since the water heater is electric and I could not sleep well because I was unsure that my cell phone alarm would wake me (it was all I had since my regular alarm is electric).

Despite these problems, I waited out the weekend and called TXU on Monday, 1/12, to ensure that someone would be out to reinstate the meter. I was told they had until MIDNIGHT (potentially yet another night without electricity)! I reminded them that this was a priority order to rectify THEIR mistake and that electricity needed to be reinstated by the time I returned home from work.

Sure enough, when I got home from work the electricity was still off. So much for a sense of urgency from TXU!

I called TXU and, after 30 minutes, discovered that Oncor had come out and would not install the meter because the breakers were on. Excuse me?!? The breakers were on when they removed the meter! Add to that the fact that NO ONE informed me in our earlier calls that the breakers needed to be turned off and NO ONE called me to report that it was a problem. Had I not called, I could have been waiting all night for someone that was not going to show up. The TXU rep. advised Oncor that I was home and had turned off the breakers so that someone would come back out that night.

Then, I received a call from a service tech from the city in the West Texas city where the service was originally and mistakenly listed! For about 45 minutes, I was convinced that the order had been placed in that city and that no one was coming to install my meter. Yet another night with no power, no heat, no shower, no sleep.

Somehow, that was straightened (I'm convinced more due to Oncor than to TXU). I finally spoke with a sympathetic woman from Oncor who tried her best to pin down a time for me - to no avail. The tech showed up at 9:30 p.m. on 1/12. Here's the kicker - he told me that Oncor absolutely works over the weekend - that's when they get the best overtime! TXU lied about the priority order and they lied about Oncor not working on the weekend.

TXU's mistake was not only an extreme inconvenience to me - it caused me undue emotional and physical stress. If customers make a mistake and don't pay TXU on time, the company turns off their service. But, if TXU makes a mistake, they correct it when they feel like it and don't care how it affects the customers. All I got from TXU were patronizing ###s who said "I'm sorry, " but demonstrated absolutely no sense of urgency or ability to solve the problem in a manner that would cause me the least amount of inconvenience.

Most upsetting to me is the fact that there are several points along this path where TXU could have easily made this situation better instead of progressively worse - and they failed at every one of those points. (1) Whoever transferred my online information for the original move order should have stopped a second to double check the address information. (2) On 12/30, the account address SHOULD have been corrected in the system and/or notes made to the account to ensure that power to the correct property was not turned off. (3) If teams don't work over the weekend, then Oncor has NO BUSINESS turning off power on a Friday. (4) TXU should have been more helpful and less patronizing. I needed fast solutions and solid answers - not apologies, vague answers and an "I don't want to be bothered" attitude. (5) During the multiple conversations I had with TXU and Oncor, SOMEONE should have told me to turn off the breakers on Monday. (6) When the breakers were on, someone should have called me to let me know that a hold was placed on the order and they could not proceed until the breakers were off. I should not have had to find this out because I placed a call to see what was going on. (7) Who's telling the truth? Did the people at TXU simply not want to go through the trials of getting someone out to me on the weekend, or was the Oncor guy mistaken? I tend to side with Oncor since they made the most effort to by sympathetic and helpful once they were advised how I had suffered from TXU's mistake. And, who lies to customers about getting a significant amount of overtime?

• Oncor shut off my energy because they said we owed them $230. We were never notified of this charge. Our energy company is AMbit.
    Oncor said we Tamperd with our meter.
    The Oncor guy was not giving us any information and told us that he was going to take "HIS" electric box away from me. So he detactched the meter from the wall. I called Ambit asking them of these charges they said we are current on our bill. So my next question was why would we TAMPER with a meter if we always pay our bill?? why would we need to tamper with it??
    So I called ONcor they treat you like your guilty until proven innicent!!
    I told them I didnt not know where my meter was how to use it or how to even TAMPER to change the reading!!!
    I told them I wanted my electricity turned back on right away we had just bought groceries and they all were spoiling and my animals were getting sick as Texas heat is bad enough outside let alone in a house with out air!!!

I demanded Oncor to prove to me that I even TOUCHED my meter ever...
    They said no matter what I had to pay the $230 and could desput it at a later time!
    The Oncor guy laughed in my face as he took my box off my house he was very rude.
    I paid he $230 JUST TO GET THE ENERGY TURNED BACK ON AS I KNEW I WAS NOT WRONG AND WOULD GET MY MONEY BACK!!!

Oncor left us without energy for 5 DAYS!!! had every excuse as to why they couldnt turn it back on. First was they didnt know the Code to get into the comunity. ( they knew the code when they wanted to turn off the engery).. They then said the meter box was taken off the poll so they couldnt turn it back on.. If you remember me telling your earlier the Oncor Guy got mad and said he was Taking HIS box back..

So unprofessional and they screwed up yet wasnt willing to even hear what we had to say...

The company after 5 nights got the energy turned back on, after the fact all $400 of my groceries spoiled and my pets stoped eating bc they were soooo hot and now were sick!

So I lost $400 $230 and pet docter bills! ALL BECAUSE ONCOR THOUGHT I TAMPERD WITH MY METER>
    THEY NEVER COULD SHOW ME PICTURES OF ANYONE TAMPERING WITH IT>>

IM VERY ANGRY AS TO HOW A COMPANY CAN ACCUSE A CUSTOMER OF SOMETHING THAT THEY DONT EVEN HAVE REAL PROOF OF!!!

I originally called to set up a service turn on date for an apartment that I was moving into. Due to ertain circumstances, i did not move in. I called TXU 4 days before service was even suppose to be turned on. I order it to be cancelled. I have now been fighting with TXU for almost 6 months now. Because the person that took the original call to cancel service did not notate my account properly and I was billing for a month of service. I have provided every documentation that TXU asked for including a letter from the apartment complex showing I have never lived there. They are now saying that because they show NO notation in their system that I called to cancell service I am liable for the amount due. This is horrible business practice. Their employee messed up my account because he did not notate it and submit it properly and the customer pays the price. My next move is Corporate Office... They have now sent me to a collection agancy, which is now going against my credit report. I am so frustrated with the way I have been treated with Customer Service. I will never use TXU again and neither will any of my family and friends. If I had the money, I would hire an attorney because to me this is now a principal matter now. I work for a billing office and customer service and we would never treat out customers as poorly as TXU has treated me.

Terrible experience

Yesterday I was working at my kitchen table and a male walked up to my door with a clipboard and a necklace ID stating he was employed by TXU.

I only answered the door because he had seen me and I simply wasn't thinking. I also knew my neighbor was watching from across the street. He had a stack of Reliant bills and stated our home had been picked because we pay our bills on time and our neighbors 'blahupblah' and the other side 'upblahup' had signed up with him. He wanted me to sign up offering me a $100 Visa which would take a month to receive and only after I paid my first bill. He appeared angry that I refused to allow him in my home, and knowing my husband had just pulled in I continued talking so he would leave without a 'grudge' He wanted me to give him my ss or dl to which I stated that would never happen. His answer was 'in this world people give those numbers all the time' I replied in my world people get ripped off by giving them all the time. I then told him I wasn't interested, he was offering me a penny in savings per KWH and I was in a contract with Reliant so he said don't worry the 150 charge for canceling will be paid for with the visa and you will save so much that the extra 50 is nothing. I told him thanks anyway but I don't do business that way, in fact I apologized for taking up his time. He answered with 'What are you going to do check us out, just give your dl number and you want have to worry about you ss' I got in the house and quickly shut the door, as he continued to complain as to why I just wouldn't go for such a good deal. He scared me. i immediately contacted TXU, who never answered my email or phone call.

RIP OFF !!!! SCAM BILLING!

Okay this is my story with this messed up company. They think they can just cheat people out of there hard...

Billing

I have called TXU month after month to get my bill straight because every bill that I have received have been estimated. I talk to someone different every month and every month I have to tell them my story over and over because apparently they dont bother to add notes on my account. They have told me that they will send somone out to do a re -read and I still cant get no adjustments made to my account. I have been promised that this will be resolved, I have sent them emails and nothing has been done. They came and changed my meter out on the last week of october and yesterday I saw the # and it was 01166 telling me that I dont use more than 1000 kilowatts per month but though every month since July they have been charging me over 2000 kilowatts and then for the month of September when we were without power for 2 weeks it came out higher than every other month. I dont have central air in my house I only use one window unit and I leave it off all day because I work. So therefore I know my bill cant be 400dlls or over every month. I dont know what else to do and I dont want to switch companies because I dont want this to go on my credit but I think I will have to because this is ridiculous and Im not going to pay something that isnt RIGHT!!!

• Fe
    fedUP Dec 23, 2008

I am so tired of TXU doing this... I knew I couldn't have been out here going through this alone! I just got off the phone with a "supervisor" for the umteenth time year... no one has answers and the company "oncor" which reads the meters are unreachable... the attorney general must be receiving hush money for this!

Billing discripancy

I had requested for TXU electricity service for my appartment on 10/28/2008 . I set up my account and asked them to activate the service from 10/31/2008 .But within 1 hour I called them up to cancel my account. That time they said there will not be any charges. But today I received a bill from TXU charging me $25.41 where as I did not even used their service for a single day. When I called them, they said they had processed my account which they charged my as "connection fee" and they started billing the wattages upto 3rd of november [I dont know how they can charge for cancelled account]without cancelling the account on the same day. If they can process the activation within one hour then how did they take 6days to disconnect my account? They have charged me wrongly and not accepting their fault and when I asked them to waive it off as it was their mistake, they could not cancelled the account on time, they just threaten me to destroy my credit history. I am new to USA and I am really disappointed with the services TXU provide. And I want a real justice to my problem without leaving a mark on my clean credit history.Please do the needful

• De
    dee dee Nov 14, 2008

This is not unusual. TXU charged me for months after I had moved out. They said I called on the day I said to cancel in question, but there were no specific notes as to why I called. Every other company got my cancellation or transfer information except TXU. Now, my daughter is going through the same thing. She is at home about 10% of the time which includes her sleeping time because she is a full-time student. Her electric bill is outrageous. When she told them she only has the refrigerator and stove plugged in they say that the bill is about right - which was about $170. She has her sockets covered up. She has a TV and a stereo that she keeps unplugged until she uses them which she has not been able to enjoy because of overloaded classes. However, TXU still claims that it is basically the refrigerator and the stove costing this much money. She tried to get them to tell her how this could be true and the customer service woman just starting talking saying that some of the things she has plugged up pull more energy than others. TXU is not a fair company.

[Resolved] over charging

txu has a problem of estimating the cost of electricity and they and comquest have estimated an electric bill...

Very poor customer service

I tried to sign up for TXU energy services and their customer sign up department is a joke. I have had to call 15 times and give "ALL" my information over and over, to start a new contract because the last time I called the information could not be found in the system. You would think that they would place competent people in customer service to service the customers. NOT!!! I really don't understand why this company is still around. If I had employees like they have answering my phones my company would be BROKE and out of business. No one speaks english, no one understands anything, no one can give you a firm - for sure answer. They assure you the problem is fixed and it never is. You wait the 5 days and no package. You call again and push for english speaking person and still get someone that speaks english but understands very little and whose communication skills for english is NONE EXISTENT!!!

TXU needs to hire people that 1. Can provide exceptional customer service 2. Can speak the language that the person on the other line can or can communicate in ENGLISH, which is the given language here. 3. They need a follow-up department 4. They need to send feedback letters to customer requesting service or already have service ( or is it that they really don't wanna know what kind of service they are providing)

• Th
    TheTruth Jan 31, 2009

The absolute worst cutomer service ever, bar none, I was on hold one hour and ten minutes..I then disconnected. They posted my payment to the wrong account and disconnected my service twice over it. I called seven times to resolve the matter each time I was told it was fixed, I then found myself literally in the dark. Avoid TXU, a very frustrating enocunter. Moreover, they outsource- good look with communicatine.

• Ev
    evelina93 Feb 18, 2009

If they're going to keep you on hold for thirty-five minutes, and pass you all around the poorer-paid parts of the globe like a cosmic football, they ought to figure out some wait-time music that doesn't sound like something from Nintendo 64: Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

It's pretty clear, in speaking to the service people, that they hate TXU as much, if not more, as they hate you; and maybe even more than YOU hate TXU.

Terrible customer service

I was so unhappy with the service at TXU Energy, the wait was terrible, and not able to get information that I needed. After waiting to speak to a supervisor, I found myself waiting over 20 minutes again. I eventually hung up and called back again and was still put on hold. Not happy with this service at all.

• Le
    leah Jul 16, 2008

To whom it may concern

On Thursday July 10th at 2:30 pm center point energy turn off our electric at 2:45 pm I called TXU and talked to supervisor Vicky at that time she gave me an order # 1-4noxct and told me that our lights would be back on by 10pm, that she was sorry for the inconvenience and that somehow when we transferred our service back in May from 16815 Forest Bend ave, Friendswood, TX 77546 to 11910 23rd street Santa Fe, TX 77510 the representative did not send the correct paper work to Center Point letting them know that TXU was our provider.And they had it listed as a non provider address, so therefor disconnected the power. Also to my understanding and my account was classified as inactive. I was never made aware of this and I thought nothing about it because I received a bill from you stating the amount of electricity used and that I had a 171.00 credit.
    On Friday July 11th at 9:00 am I called TXU and told them I still do not have electricity they told me it would be on today.
    On Friday July 11th at 11:00 am I called Center Point Energy and spoke to Lahni a representative from there company and she informed me that she was showing to order for me or for this address, that there was an order but that TXU back dated it and at close of business on Thursday that order was kicked out because they don’t take back dated orders. But she informed me that with a “ walk around order ” from TXU that they could have our power back on within 4 hours. At that point she told me that if I would like to call TXU on 3 way she would be glad to speak with the supervisor about what to do so that our power could be turn back on as soon as possible, so I called and we both spoke to supervisor Jesse and he told us both that the walk around order would be sent right away and that my power would be on today.
    On Friday July 11th at 5:00 I spoke to George and he told me that the orders had been sent to center point and that power would be back on. But if they where not back on then get a hotel room and that TXU would reimburse me for it, I then told him that it would have to be two rooms since my dad lives here also and that I also have dogs so that I could not stay in a hotel.

On Friday July 11th at 5:20 I called center point energy and spoke with them and they informed me that they had still not received the walk around order but that they had received a move in order for Monday. She also informed me that if they would just send the safety net paper work that they would turn our power on, even on Saturday.
    On Friday July 11th at 5:45 pm when the power was still not on I called back and spoke to supervisor Omar and told him what center point told me and he told me that 4 orders had been sent and that is all that he could do when I confronted him with the fact that center point told me that they have not recieved any orders from TXU he became very rude and basically told me that nothing else could be done until Monday. I then hung up on him because he was so rude.
    On July 11th at 6:15 pm I called back again and they informed me that the system was down and there was nothing they could do for 3 to 4 hours.
    At that time I went and rented a generator so that my family at least had some lights.
    I then went to Mal - Mart and bought a window unit.

I lost all of the food in my stand up freezer and all of my food in my refrigerator
    I am also out the money for the generator, the gas for the generator & The air conditioner
    not to mention all the mental strain and stress this has caused me and my family

on Monday July 14th I spoke to supervisor Vicky and she informed me that after the power was back on to fax all my receipts and expenses along with a letter to the claims department and that I would be reimbursed for my losses. And she gave me two numbers 979-507-9715 and 1-800-232-9488. To fax them too

Lack of customer service

After having had our power disconnected without notice we complied with all of TXU's requests. We spoke to two customer service reps and were given the same information. If we made a payment before 4pm we would be able to have power restored before midnight. Additional fees were never disclosed. We made payment as directed and called at 3:45pm to advise them of the cash pmt. They then proceeded to inform us that for $10 they could put in a work order to have the power turned on but they could not guarantee that it could be done the same day, but for $89 they could do it by midnight and TXU could not afford to absorb the cost. These stipulations were never disclosed by customer service on our first two calls. We were them informed by a supervisor that we had to have the payment post by 2pm to have the power turned back on the same day. We were then transferred to a case manager who told ud the cut off time was 3pm. When I asked to speak to someone in the corporate office to file a complaint I was told that they had no such office and she was the end of the line. We have had MANY issues with TXU, most of them TXU errors without apology. Now that the customer service has moved offshore we will be taking our business elsewhere. If a company is going to screw the public out of so much money they should have the decency to keep the jobs in US where we need them to pay for the outlandish electric bills!

• Gl
    GLENDA WINCHESTER Sep 12, 2008

THE LAST BILL I RECEIVED FROM TXU WAS 5/08. I CALLED THE MIDDLE OF JUNE AND ASK FOR A BILL AND WAS TOLD THE ACCOUNT WAS CURRENT? OKAY, MAYBE I OVERPAID?
    IN JULY, I CALLED AGAIN, AND MY DAUGHTER MAID A CALL AND THEY COULDN'T GIVE US AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
    I ASK FOR A BILL EVERY TIME! IN JULY I CALLED AGAIN AND NO ONE COULD FIND ANY RECORD OF MY ACCOUNT???? I ASK THEM TO SEND ME A BILL, ONCE AGAIN!
    THIS WEEK, I RECEIVED A CALL FROM NATIONWIDE RECOVERY SAYING MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN TURNED OVER TO THEM FOR COLLECTION??? I PAID WITH A DEBIT CARD AND ONCE, AGAIN CALLED AND TALKED WITH EBIA. FOR 2 HRS, WHICH I SPENT ON HOLD MOST OF THE TIME, SHE INFORMED ME THAT I OWED $1021.99 AND I TOLD HER I HAD PAID THE COLLECTION AGENCY. SHE ASSURED ME THAT I WOULD RECEIVE THE FINAL BILL I HAD REQUESTED FOR 3 MONTHS, SO I COULD SWITCH SERVICES. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A STATEMENT, AS OF YET AND I DON'T KNOW
    WHY? SHE ALSO ASSURED ME THAT $1021.99 CLEARED UP MY ACCOUNT! I AM SOOOO DISGUESTED WITH YOUR LACK OF COMPLIANCE, SINCE MY CREDIT SCORE IS IN THE 800S AND I HAVE A RECORD OF PAYING MY BILLS!
    NOW, I AM PLEADING WITH YOU TO CHECK THIS OUT...FIND OUT WHY I DIDN'T RECEIVE A BILL FOR 3 MONTHS AND CAN'T GET A FINAL STATEMENT SHOWING THAT MY ACCOUNT IS PAID UP? I WILL BE HAPPY TO TALK WITH ANYONE WHO CAN CLEAR THIS UP !! G. WINCHESTER

• Ry
    Ryan Hadley Dec 02, 2008

Greetings, All!

I am very sorry to hear about your trouble relating to your TXU experiences. Unfortunately, TXU doesn't seem to care about their customers and their issues. They were once a giant monopoly here in Texas, as was Reliant. But since deregulation, you have the power to choose your electric provider.

I work for Stream Energy via Ignite (the marketing arm), a competitor to TXU and Reliant in Texas. Unlike those two companies, Stream Energy does not advertise. They rely on word of mouth referrals from their customers to spread the word about the company. I am a Director with Stream Energy, and I'm here to offer you all a solution to your energy nightmare.

TXU charges in upwards of 13.8 cents to 16 cents for some month to month plans. The kicker is that sometimes they lock you in for a low rate, but when that rate ends, they don't tell you about it and put you on some plan for a ridiculous rate. Reliant is similar. My mother was on a low rate forever, and when she called Reliant, she found out that her contract had ended and they had rate hiked her to over 15 cents per kWh!

Let's assume you're on a Competitor's 12 month fixed rate plan. To be generous, I've calculated an annual electrical expenditure based on a 14.0 cent, 15.0 cent and 16.0 cent plan.

A Competitor

.160 (16.0 cents) x 1000 kWh = $160 x 12 months = $1, 920
    .160 (16.0 cents) x 2000 kWh = $320 x 12 months = $3, 840
    .160 (16.0 cents) x 3000 kWh = $480 x 12 months = $5, 760
    .160 (16.0 cents) x 4000 kWh = $640 x 12 months = $7, 680

Instead of paying those rates, how would you like to pay 12.6 cents per kilowatt hour instead? Let's run the math on this and see what it comes out to be.

Stream Energy Fixed Rate plan @ 12.6 cents (12 months) (Houston might be a cent more per kilowatt hour. I will check on this)
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 1000 kWh = $126 x 12 months = $1, 512.00
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 2000 kWh = $252 x 12 months = $3, 024.00
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 3000 kWh = $378 x 12 months = $4, 536.00
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 4000 kWh = $504 x 12 months = $6, 048.00

As you can see, the saving are huge in comparison. You should not be forced to pay a higher rate for your electricity to fund your electric company's advertising costs.

If you are interested in saving money with Stream Energy, please visit the following website to Enroll for Service with Stream Energy. Http://hadley.igniteinc.biz/

My name is Ryan Hadley, and when you sign up for service, I will be personally responsible for monitoring your service plan. If your rate is about to expire, I have tools that let me know when it will expire, and when that time comes, you will be made aware of the new rate after your 12 month fixed rate is completed. It is my honor to service and support you.

If you have any questions or comments, please, do not hesitate to call me or email me regarding your electric service. I am here to help!

Kindest Personal Regards,

Ryan Hadley
    972.979.3531
    [email protected]

• Te
    TempleTX May 13, 2011

TXU has been an absolute nightmare to deal with! We had the same problem as CVresendez; when the power at my late father's empty house was shut off unexpectedly, we got hit with exorbitant undisclosed charges for turning it back on, and TXU even charged a new deposit by claiming the only way for my brother out-of-state to arrange payment was for a new account holder to be set up (at additional expense) since my father had died and could no longer pay the bills himself!?! In the two years that the house sat empty, the bills varied widely, although nobody lived there-- the kicker was that the bills went from double digits to triple digits in the final months, after there were no furnishings and no appliances of any kind left in the empty house. Despite repeated complaints and questioning by us, TXU could offer no explanation for the horrific final bills, then offered us a $50 "shut up and go away" account credit-- which they NEVER posted to the account, referring our account to collections for $50 after service was terminated!!! T XU made our grief over the loss of our parent even worse, through their horrendous lack of ethics and service. Somebody should launch a class action lawsuit against TXU for fraudulent practices!!!

• Mi
    MissyL Jul 26, 2012

After a high pressure door to door salesman repeatedly came to my house, I agreed to switch to TXU as my electricity provider. After locking in a 12 month contract with a penalty for early cancellation, I realized the salesman misrepresented several things to me, including the amount of my rebate and the cost to cancel with my old provider. Basically, it cost me money to change to TXU. When I complained and provided proof of the misrepresentations, TXU told me "too bad".

A year later my contract has expired and I went online with TXU and selected a new plan for a slightly lower rate. One day later, after locking me in, I receive a letter from TXU that says "thanks for selecting our new plan. By the way, since you have been late at least once in the past 12 months we need a $400 deposit". If I had just chosen to go month-to-month and not selected a cheaper plan I would not have been charged a deposit. I called TXU and the representative said "I can waive that. That was just charged because you did that online". Hey guess what - she was wrong and she didn't waive the deposit. When I complained to TXU I was again told, just like last year, that their employee was wrong and I was stuck with the charge. And, once you pay a deposit, they will keep the money for 12 months. If you are late EVEN ONCE during that 12 months they will extend the deposit time for another 12 months. In essence, never be late, even a day, or your deposit will be theirs for another year. Yet you also pay a late fee each time. Plus “Jay” (employee id 17378) responded to my complaint about the new deposit by rudely asking me “Do you EVEN read the notices you receive??”

So basically I have chosen TXU twice, and both times it’s ended up COSTING me money. TXU's customer service is non-existent and they can apparently make promises to you that they will not back up. Even though I have their door-to-door salesman’s promises in writing, and even though the promises their employee made to me were on a recorded call, TXU’s response is “oh they were wrong”. I cannot believe I signed up for another 12 months. This will be the last time.

Scam and cheating

Concerned Business Owner involved in a dispute with TXU Energy since March 4 2005 to present as of June 2...

Fraud and scam!

TXU blatantly deceives consumers into plans and contracts that are unreasonably expensive disproportionate to...

They did not fulfill their contract

In August 2007 we purchased a new home before we sold our existing residence. We had TXU Energy as our electrical service provider at our existing residence. We signed up with TXU Energy for service at our new home, and we contracted for their Summer Savings 24 Plan at that home. This plan provided a reduced charge per kilowatt hour and we were under contract for 24 months. We sold the first Hills home in late February 2008. I called and asked that the account and service to that address be closed as of the first week of March 2008. TXU then closed the accounts on both of our residences and we were without electricity at our new home. I spent numerous hours on the phone to their customer service department trying to get our power back on. We were without power at the home where we actually lived for 4.5 days, beginning on March 6, 2008. Their customer service was very unhelpful. After the power was restored, TXU did efficiently reimburse us for hotel and food expenses for the time that the power was out by issuing a credit to our account. However, they are now showing that we closed the account for our new home, even though the account closure was their error, and that voided the Summer Savings 24 Plan. They no longer offer that plan and have put us on a much more expensive plan. After more than two hours on the phone to their customer service department on 5/1/2008, in which they transferred me to numerous wrong departments and cut me off twice, I was informed in no uncertain terms that they refuse to reinstate us on our less expensive plan. To me, this is a breach of contract and very poor customer service. TXU customer service operators have a certain script and if the issue is beyond that script, they just won't help you and won't provide you with contact information for someone who can.

• Je
    Jeff Aug 29, 2008

TXU loves to try and sign you up, they will be warm fuzzy and your best friend.
    Call if there is a problem with billing, service or have a question - ha. They might as well answer by saying you have the wrong number. My wife got hung up on ( which I have seen her be rude to service reps, but she wasn't on this one). I called and was also ditched.

We'll call you back. No call back.
    We'll get someone with you. Yea whatever!

Bottom line is go with other providers, all TXU is is a broker! And one with piss poor service.

• Ry

Ryan Hadley
    972.979.3531
    [email protected]

Switched to wrong plan!

TXU called me on Jan. 31, 2008 and informed that the plan that I was on, Flex Protect, was being...

Scam billing!

A payment was made to my account in January and was returned for account not found. I contacted my bank because TXU said my account didn't have the funds. I contacted my bank which sent a detailed note stating that the amount was paid. There is still a $25.00 charge on my account and if not paid my electricity will be turned off Feb 15. But conveniently, TXU can't pull up how past bills were paid, so they have stuck me with a bogus bill! I have never not paid the bills I owe them and always pay early. The supervisor I spoke to didn't really care, and basically told me I will pay the bill. When asked if I can switch my service to another company, I was informed that I would owe $200.00 for a cancellation fee. That being said, my deposit was the standard $215.00.

• Di
    Disgruntled Feb 03, 2009

We went back to TXU recently and have been disgusted by the horrible service, in addtion they charged us more than double what our normal month's useage is historically. When trying to explain and get some kind of resolution, I've spent much time on hold and the same response over and over. I might as well be talking to a recording. When our contract is up we are moving service.
    I don't get it, this is a company that's been around as long as I can remember, when did they stop caring about their customer and doing honest business.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices