TXU Energy Retail Logo

TXU Energy Retail

Having problems with TXU Energy Retail?

TXU Energy Retail reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 16, 2006. The latest review Letter of credit requested. was posted on Apr 30, 2021. The latest complaint txu a/c heat protection was resolved on Mar 23, 2018. TXU Energy Retail has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 90 reviews. TXU Energy Retail has resolved 63 complaints.

TXU Energy Retail Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 818 6132 (Residential)
+1 855 750 0899 (New Customer Sales, Residential)
+1 888 399 5501 (Business / Commercial)
+1 855 881 0489 (New Customer Sales, Business)
+1 800 316 2135 (Property Management & Apartment)
+1 800 711 9112 (Construction & Builder)
6555 Sierra Drive
Irving, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TXU Energy Retail Customer Service. Initial TXU Energy Retail complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TXU Energy Retail above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TXU Energy Retail. Discuss the issues you have had with TXU Energy Retail and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TXU Energy Retail Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

TXU Energy — Early Termination fee after 27 Years!

Avoid this company at all costs! My wife and I have been married for 26 years. I was a TXU customer prior to...

TXU ELECTRICAdded 650.00 dollars to account without customer knowledge

Added 650.00 dollars to account without customer knowledge. account was set up for an agreement but was unable to make the payment at that time so they chose to charge our account a deposit which was not informed to us the customer instead we receive to different bills with two different amounts. Then when we asked for help or extension we were not granted the request because of prior late charges which does not seem fair for a customer who has had this service for more than 9 years it just does not seem fair as a loyal customer for so long. That is why we are thinking of changing service to someone who will respect us as a customer.

• Mr
      mrs.cabrera Jun 03, 2016

account was set up for an agreement but was unable to make the payment at that time so they chose to charge our account a deposit which was not informed to us the customer instead we receive to diifferent bills with two different amounts. Then when we asked for help or extention we were not granted the request because of prior late charges which does not seem fair for a customer who has had this service for more than 9 years it just does not seem fair as a loyal customer for so long. That is why we are thinking of changing service to someone who will respect us as a customer.

• De
      DELORES TRIMBLE Jan 27, 2012

STATEING THAT I OWE A TXU ELECTRIC 150.33 WHICH I DON'T I HAVE HAD THE SAME ELECTRIC COMPANY WHERE I LIVE FOR 7 YEARS.

TXU — billing

We received our bill last month and it was 371.32 and I was researching other options because we cannot...

TXU Energy — late bill claim

From [protected] I was a customer of TXU Energy in Fort Worth, TX. During that time I had my share of problem...

TXUQuick, get his money beore he dies!

I have been a TXU customer for over 4 years and hadn't had a major reason to complain about their service until was diagnosed as being terminally ill and was no longer able to work. Upon learning that I was terminally ill, TXU immediately applied a $600 deposit requirement to my account after I missed the due date for one bill by a week. Perhaps I shouldn't have told them that I am dying and that the medication that keeps me alive needs to be refrigerated. Anyway, when I couldn't immediately come up with $600 plus the cost of the electric bill (around $260) they turned off my electricity even though I told them that I was able to pay the bill for power used but wasn't able to find the money for the deposit they insisted upon. Their customer service reps understand very little English (I believe they are located in India or Pakistan) and even the supervisors exhibit no signs of being human beings. They want their money and if they get even the slightest hint that you have a medical issue they will turn off your supply and impose a deposit so huge that no one who has real medical problems can afford to pay it. Don't get me wrong - I am happy to pay for what I use even if it takes me a few extra days to find the money. But to be told that I need to pay my bill plus future bills 3 months in advance "just in case I die" is inhuman! I would advise averyone who is not in their mid 20's to stay well away from TXU. At the first sign of any medical problems they will cut you off without a second thought!

TXU Energy — Unfair practices

I was disconnected for not paying my electricity bill of $123.47, a payment made by direct deposit on the 4th...

TXU Energyover charging

I am a rental property owner, the only time the electric service is in my name is durning vacancies. My unit was vacant for 2 1/2 month during oct 15, 2009 through Jan 7 2010. I recieved a bill from TXU 1 yr and 3 months later stating that I own them 799.00 for my usuage during that period of time. Keep in mind this unit was vacant durning that time. I call them and told them this must be a mistake, they told me I have to pay this amount, there is noting the can do. They said they sent me a bill in Jan 2010 with this charge, which I never recieved, even if this bill was lost in the mail why would they wait 1 year and 3 months to send me a letter. What kind of business pratice is this. Now because it has been over a year they say there is no way to determine if the meter was read wrong or reasons for this. If they had not waited over a year to bill me maybe this could have been resolved a lot sooner. There is no way a vancant 1200 sqft home can use 800.00 worth of electric in a two month period, when it is vacant. They have the worst customer service I have ever seen,

• Updated by [email protected] · Mar 22, 2011

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. I would like to see if I could help.

Please email me at [email protected] so we can discuss.

Thanks,

TXU Energy — Ignores credit letter requets

I have purchased a house that we are going to remodel and flip in Keller Texas. The electric provider is Tri...

TXUTXU PUT ANOTHER PERSONS BILL ON MY CREDIT!!!

I received a letter from TXU stating that i owed them for a bill at an old address. The dates for the bill that the electricity was charged, I was not occupying the residence.

I called TXU and they told me that I could have more than one account in my name and that they received a letter from the resident there stating that this was my bill. I was then told that in order for them to investigate this, I would have to send proof that this was not my bill.

I sent a copy of the lease with the residents name and info that were living at the residence at that time, copies of receipts of their down-payment and rent payments, even a letter from the landlord stating that she was renting the property to the resident at that time.

I also sent copies of bills that i was currently paying with the new address that I moved to. Also sent a copy of the moving service bill with the date stating i had moved from this location the year before the bill in question.

During this time, I had my own service through TXU at my current residence.This is the same service that was transferred when i moved. I was current on my TXU electric bill when i received this letter.

I was never told that if i didnt pay the bill, even though it is under investigation, that my electricity will be shut off. I never received the results from the investigation.
        My electricity was then shut off because I didnt pay the bill that was under investigation.

Since then, this bill has been put on my credit. I sent all the info they asked of me. It is UNACCEPTABLE that a complete stranger is able to write a letter and pawn their bill onto someone else!!!

TXU Energydelayed billing, incorrect meter reading, not returning credit

TXU is the most crooked electric company there is. My problems started with TXU when they put me on a delayed billing (which I didn't not ask for) in late 2009. I would receive a bill the early part of the month which would not be due until the latter part of next month (example, would receive the bill in January 6 wouldn't be due until Feb 27) before the bill date was due I'd receive another bill (received Feb 6 not due until March 27). Called them many times to see why this was happening. Was told I was on a delayed billing plan because they were "updating" their system. Told them I didn't want on that plan to take me off, I wanted the bill to arrive beginning of the month due at the end of the month like normal, long story short . . . every month I called for the same reason. And even though I was on "averaging" my bill was always around $250 - $350 but the total amount due according to them was around $700 because of the 2 bills associated with "delayed billing". Even when I paid it before the due date, they had their system so messed up my bills were always around the $700 mark. In May 2009, I was charged twice! They said it was because of the billing system and that I was responsible for it. Now mind you, I still hadn't been able to get off the delayed billing plan even though I've called every month! Finally at the end of July I was able to get off the plan and was required to make 3 payments to get caught up for that month to have a "normal" billing cycle! Absolutely boggles my mind, I know damn well I've paid at least 1 to 2 extra months but try explaining that to the customer service department. They're response was . . . you don't understand, let me explain your bill to you. I understand all right, you're ripping me off!!
          Got off averaging because of the high bills every month (I really think they rip you off with the averaging thing) only to lose $80 because the bill was $220 (averaging for the month) when the actual bill was $134.00 and I had a $17.13 credit. Was told to pay the $220 because when I received the bill I was still on averaging . . . was reassured that I would get the $80+ back on the next bill and then my bill would be month to month like normal. I have yet to receive the credit back, they tell me that they don't owe me any credit.

To keep the electric bill down, I've been freezing my ### off the last 2 months with my thermostat set at 60 to 65 for a few moments to get the chill out and then it's off the rest of the day and night. (Yes, even when we had the snow and ice and got down into the teens). My bill went from $134 (Dec) to $179 (Jan . . .even though nothing had changed over the last month) to $240 this month. They tried to tell me that it was the appliances, then it was because the thermostat was set at 60 to 65 and the heating element had to work double time even though it wasn't on very long, then was told that it was the same as last years even though I was on averaging and kept the house nice and warm and this year I froze. Son read the meter an according to my records I'm being over charged 685 kwh. They're sending someone out to re-read my meter (at my expense) but I doubt very much if I get any response to TXU. What a rip off company. Will definitely be switching when my contract is up in November. Never had a problem with them until this past 1½ years and I've been with them since 1988. TXU definitely needs to be investigated!

• Updated by [email protected] · Feb 14, 2011

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with our company. Please email me at [email protected] so I can look into this matter for you.

TXU Energy Lufkin TXbusiness misconduct

Today we received a bill saying we owe $1, 311.97. Our bill averages out about $250 to $290 a month, we have never been disconnected or any thing of that nature. When we called to find out why our bill was this high we were told that we had to pay a deposit since we have been late twice in the past 12 months( only 2days the first time and 1 day the second time due to how our pay periods from our employers are, we are a paycheck to paycheck family). We never signed anything to acknowledge this and this policy is nowhere on the paperwork provided to us. Due to our long standing service with them we were told years ago that a deposit wasn't necessary and it was waived. What kind of practice is this? We now have until Dec. 29th to pay the deposit, this month's bill and $200 of next month's to keep our electricity on. We have 2 15-month old babies and a 10 year old that we now have to figure out what we going to do with since our electricity is going to be cut off...who do we contact to defend us from this company?

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 21, 2010

I am sorry to hear about your experience with TXU Energy. I would
                like to help you resolve your issues. Please feel free to email me at
                [email protected] with a contact number and I will be happy to contact you
                at your convenience.

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 22, 2010

We would like to research your account further to help resolve your issue, however we cannot locate your account without more information. Please email me so we can discuss.

I am sorry for your frustration and again I would really like to help .

• Su
                subliminal_threat Dec 22, 2010

Greg,
                we appreciate it but is this going to be another round of insanity that we have been dealing with for the past 2 days?

• Su
                subliminal_threat Dec 21, 2010

I went to no avail, my wife is going when she gets off of work tomorrow...she stayed on the phone with them all afternoon to only get "we will call you back in a few minutes" response and then we never got a call back.

• Tr
                Trissycat Dec 21, 2010

Have you tried going down there in person and talking to them?

TXU ELECTRIC — Billing and Customer Service

OMG... I have just given up with TXU! They must be the biggest idiots in the world when it comes to just...

TXU EnergyErroneous Charges

Set up automatic bill pay for my electric bill and received my first statement after that showing that my checking account would be drafted on a certain date. Cool. That day came and the attempt was made to draft the account but for some still unexplainable reason it didn't work. TXU tried several times to draft and it never worked. Unfortunately for me that cost me a $25 fee each time for 4 times. I didn't find out that it wasn't being drafted until after getting a disconnect notice. Called TXU customer service. Never got to speak with an American citizen on our soil. Guatamalan rep said to fax bank statement showing I had plenty of money in the account and fees would be removed. Did that and no go. Subsequent phone calls have been useless. Still can't speak to an American or anyone who gives a rat's ###. Not my fault and I am being treated like a deadbeat number. Bottom line, customer service is nowhere as slick as they think it is.

Just try to find a physical address where they have an actual customer service rep you can look in the eye. Doesn't exist. Good luck if you have a problem.

• To
                  Tori Chadwick May 28, 2010

TXU is well known for this. They continue to get away with it due to thier bully tactics and to save a buck so the top execs STAY rich attitudes. I SWITCHED my service to AMBIT Energy. filed a PUCT FORMAL Complaint, a BBB FORMAL Complaint, and blogged about those sorry TXU Execs. It's funny cause an American keeps calling me now with a sweet sothern drawl appologizing and wanting to make it all better. Fat chance! They need to pay me the executive salary for all the time I have waisted on them and due to thier outrageously high rates I paid for years, and then give me a huge FAT BONUS for absolutelu no reason at all like they do thier blood stained fanged execs!

TXU — iThermostat

Service tech. came out to the house on Saturday 5/22/10 and replaced my thermostat. He established a...

TXUOver billing

This is the most crooked electric company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I was very skeptical about signing up with to begin with, but they had supposively "changed" their ways and wanted the customers to know this. I live in a 1, 000 sq ft apartment and my bills have been in excess of $260 a mos! I have called repeatedly and questioned this. I have not even ran my A/C or heat in over a month. I even requested that they come and check my meter or give the benefit of doubt and see if someone is tapped into my electric. I was informed that it would another 4 weeks before this could happen. I cannot even get out from under them without having to pay an additional fee. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! No matter what they say on the commercials they are still ripping people off!

TXU Energy — WAY OVERCHARGING

I live in a one bedroom apt by myself and work 8-5pm. I keep my room temp at about 72 and my bill average...

TXU — Harassing phone calls

I few months ago, I switched my office building's electric service from TXU to Reliant Energy...

TXU Energy — Billing Scam

When I opened my business in 2008, I was required to place a 125.00 deposit on my account for two years. It...

txu / oncorelectric usage overcharged

received bill for last three monthsis $2244.86... 3 times higher that the previous 9 months combined...???? what is the root cause???

Am i one of the smart meter projects?

have fotos but cannot attach...

• Cs
                      cshane70 Mar 22, 2010

I was bill twice for kwh. Oncor has admitted to the mistake but says cant do anything about it. They say its up to TXU billing deparment. They are no help what so ever. Is customer service for TXU even in the U.S.? How can these companys get away with stealing?

TXU Energy & Oncor — Billing/Service

In a horrible display of customer service and business practices we faced a horrible ordeal just yesterday...