TxTagfraudulent charges

J

Being a country girl, I very rarely take a toll road. This was the first time in years & didn't even realize it as a toll road until I couldn't find a way off of it! When the bill came (including fees for not having a tag)
I went online to pay my bill, that part of TxTag system was broken. I called to pay it over the phone, again there was a system issue. Spoke to a "live" person & even she couldn't process my payment. But, she did give me a discount on my bill & I mailed in a check. All is good, right? Wrong! I recently received a bill from an attorney regarding a $21 passed due amount with a $475 fee attached to it! The $21...Was my "discount" that the lady on the phone gave me. I called the collection agency/attorney only to be told there is nothing they can do, I just need to "pay my bills". Now, TxTag seems to have absolutely NO record of my initial call &/or issues that I was having trying to get this paid in the first part.
I can guarantee you, TxTag, that I will drive 100s of miles out of my way to NOT EVER get on your roads again! I will also Shout It To The Rooftops to EVERYONE that I know to not take your roads. POOR, POOR, POOR Customer Service & Cheaters at that! Shame on you for taking advantage of so many people!

• Ro
    Robert A. Haney Sep 18, 2021

You think that is bad? I live in OHIO and was sent a bill for tolls. Haven't been in Texas since 1987. None of my vehicles have been either. Called and wrote them---just pay your bill. OK send me a photo and I will pay it. We don't have to do that. You must prove your truck wasn't here. OK I live in Ohio and you say my truck is registered in Louisiana. I send you ohio truck registration (valid for a year) and proof I was at work during the toll violation. TXTags says pay up or we turn you over to collections and ruin your credit. This is extortion and fraud. SOMEONE needs to investigate this corrupt agency.

• Si
    sisterann Jul 18, 2019

I purchased a Bash scooter and live in Corinth TX just south of Denton TX in Denton County. I am years old and now have 35 miles on the scooter. I got my new tag in the mail and I threw away the Temp tag on it in the garbage. Now I get a toll charge saying I owe a charge for a toll road GARPKWY which is an interstate that goes around Houston Texas. I have never been to Houston Texas much less on a toll road in Houston TX on the Memorial Day weekend May 27 2019. I called them and ask them to look at the photo of the so called vehicle this charge was on because it sure wasn't my scooter and they hung up on me. TX TAG is pulling license numbers and making up charges on them and mailing them to the registered owner. I do not owe any toll charges as I just plain wasn't there. Explain this to me. I am going to the News stations about this. When I tried to make a police report here on the charges of a stolen tag they police officer acted strange and suddenly wanted me to go somewhere else to make the charge as I thought the charge must have been on my new RAV4 I just got last December. After going online to check further I couldn't get any photo of the toll with the tag but could a copy of the bill. After trying to make the report to the police they told me the charge on the plates was to a motorcycle. I became confused. Now I find that it is on the scooter. You are out of your mind if you think I will pay this. Next you will have more charges on my scooter as well as late fees and I won't pay them. Now I'm going to look into charges on my vehicles for charges as they are probably making extra on the T tag as well that is registered to me. I am not dropping the fraudulent charges you are doing and let you get away with it. This needs to be stopped. TX TAG is a crook. I am also contacting an attorney in the matter.