Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Logo

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org

Having problems with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org?

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2007. The latest review Payment not reflecting in system. was posted on Nov 2, 2021. The latest complaint this truck is driven by an illegal alien! was resolved on Jul 12, 2011. Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 84 reviews. Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org has resolved 1 complaints.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Customer Service Contacts

1888 468 9824 (Customer Service)
+1 214 210 0493 (International)
+1 866 590 5155 (Deaf & Hard of Hearing)
12719 Burnet Road
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Customer Service. Initial Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org. Discuss the issues you have had with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgBilling

I have recieved a second statement with different account number two months ago. When I called they said it was because my tag was removed from my vehicle which is incorrect. Then I recieved it again with more fees and when I called how they say that its because of $6 toll from 3 and a half years ago!!! I'm sorry what?! Supposedly they were mailing me statements for those $6 for 3 years which I never recieved until 2 months ago! $50 something in fees for last month on those $6 plus new ones for this month. Absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE! To top it off customer service supervisor was beyond rude and kept on interrupting me and just kept repeating himself even when I was trying to make sense of all this nonsense .

Respond

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag tolls on 130 around austin from i-10 to i-35 in georgetown.

I have been overcharged several times when traveling from I-10 to I-35 on 130 toll road around Austin. My most recent travels were on June 7, 2019. The overcharge is on Bluebonnet Plaza NB and Skyline Plaza NB. I am pulling an RV fifth wheel, 42 feet in length. My TxTag # is [protected] and my license plate on my truck is TX KXX3399. I do not carry the fifth wheel's transponder in it as I was told by TxTag not to, it would be charged based on my truck's license plate. I have a total of four axles which show the total charge should be $44.32 and I got charged $51.71. Bluebonnet plaza charged me $20.24 and should have been $15.17 and Skyline Plaza charged me $9.27 and should have been $6.95. All charges from Mustang Ridge up to Georgetown are correct. When I reviewed the charges for June 7th, on some readings it shows my truck's license plate, and on others it shows the transponder ID. Please provide me an explanation as to why these charges do not match TxTag's own calculator for the same route and refund any excess charges please. My account # is [protected]. Walt Aldridge, 9852 Mulhouse Dr Schertz, TX 78154; [protected]. Thank you.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag customer service

The customer service in this department is unbelievably incompetent.

I received the attached email. Notice there is no claim number on it and a phone call must be made in order to process, but you need your claim number (8 digits). Also, the website says my account was closed due to inactivity so I must do this over the phone. However, when I called the number I received a prompt requiring me to answer if I was over 50 or not. I are REQUIRED to answer in order to proceed - then it takes you to a commercial for a Medical Alert Company and you cannot end the commercial until you speak to them. This is insane.

Then I called [protected] and spoke to a very nice person who was no help at all in trying to get my account re-actived so that I could pay the new balance. The phone message prompts me to stay on the line for a survey after the call. Which I did, but when you try to answer the questions by pressing the appropriate number - it does not register! It says "you have not answered the question". I have spent over an hour on this to do ONE THING - $20 to my account! And it's still not accomplished so I will just wait for the bill in the mail and not bother to claim the $11 in unclaimed property.

There is such extreme incompotence at ever level of this process - from data administration to website to phone prompts to overall processes. Someone at the executive level should lose their job.

txtag customer service
      txtag customer service

Respond

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orglate fees when I never received a bill

Account number: [protected]. I received two late fees on my txtag bill but I never received a bill to being with. My bill went from $2 to now $7 and when I spoke to 2 Tx tag representatives about getting the late fees waived they said it would not be possible and offered no assistance. They were rude and callous. This was a rare occasion that I used the toll and I will never use it again. What is ridiculous is that they have my email address on file but never bothered to send an email stating there was a late charge or bill. When I asked about this they stated the system automatically places the mailing address as a default payment delivery method. That is very convenient as they charge $1.15 to mail out a bill. This is ridiculous and fraudulent.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtx toll rd

I have been dealing with the Tx Tag institution for over a year now trying to resolve a billing issue which I thought was finally resolved in March. APparently not, as I just got another bill with more late fees for a total of nearly $50.00. My issues began a year ago when I had an issue with a HCTRA tag on my camper. I have a HCTRA tag on both my vehicle and my camper. HCTRA waived their fees and contacted Tx Tag according to their records and I called Tx Tag to resolve their portion. I paid what they asked and then still continued to receive bills. I paid again in March on 2019 and the fees were deducted from my bank. TxTAg is not claiming, they didn't get any communications from HCTRA, didn't get my payments, didn't have record of my last phone call in March, nor do they have record of the supervisor who called me two days after my last call to tx Tag to resolve my issue. I don't what's up with this agency, but the internet if full of complaints of the same nature going back years. I have been dealing with this one issue for over a year. All customer services says is they can't resolve this issue unless I pay MORE MONEY! That's not going to happen, however, maybe a good class action and a complaint with the Tx Attorney General might solve this agency's problems. SHut them down, gut it and start over again. Stop harassing me with bills, , late fees and threats of action for nonpayment. Ive' attached a record of my payment in March as proof you deducted money from my account. LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY

tx toll rd

Apr 10, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — txtag toll fee

This company has put fees on this account for any reason that they could drum up. I have an EZTAG account and...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgcustomer service center

October 2018 I received a toll charge bill for a car I sold in 2016. I called TxTag Customer Service Center and told them it wasn't my car. They told me I'd have to fax them proof I sold it. So I got their fax number and sent them a cover letter explaining how I sold the car, who I sold it do and the date, and a photo copy of the title transfer and receipt proving I'd sold it. I called back a few days later and was told they didn't receive it. So I went back to the fax machine and sent it all over again. About a month later, I received another bill so I called them again and was told they never received it and that they would need an official document from the state of Oregon DMV of my title transfer (something no one I'd talked to previously had mentioned). Cool, so I had to ask my work for permission to leave, UNPAID, to go to my DMV, wait 30 minutes in line to pay $4 fee to request them to fax the paperwork. All was fine and dandy, paper was faxed. 2 days later I call TxTax to confirm and she says the document wasn't received. I ask why they have failed to receive a fax for the 3 time. She's semi-snotty to me and tells me it takes a week to sort through faxes and get them submitted. Cool. I follow up a month later on 3/21 when I receive yet another bill in the mail with all sorts of late fees tacked on. I'm done talking to customer service reps that can't do anything, so I ask the gentleman for a supervisor. I then end up waiting 15 minutes of my lunch break with no answer, to which I'm then told by the customer service rep they'll put me on a call back list since all supervisors are unavailable, and I will get a call back in 24-48 business hours. It's a Friday, so I know I have to wait until next week to get a call. Jump forward to the following Friday (today) 3/29 and still no call, so I take yet another lunch break to call this company instead of taking a break during my 50 hour work week. Marcus answers the phone, and he's a straight up sarcastic a hole to me. I'm already super frustrated with this 6 month long ordeal, and I'm talking loud and quick and instantly asking for a supervisor. He cuts me off to tell me per their notes that someone did call me back on 3/26 which is completely. No one called me back, I didn't talk to anyone, I don't have any voicemails or even a missed call. He says their notes say someone called and actually spoke to me to tell me I have to have my DMV fax the paperwork again and that I said I would. I tell him that that is completely false and that their company is falsifying phone calls and making them up and that no one called, to which he responds in a completely rude and sarcastically fake nice and mocking tone that "he's just telling me what his system says" to which I mimic his tone and say "and I'm telling you it's completely false and untrue." After a very aggressively fake tone back and forth with him where I request a supervisor and he tells me he'll try but that doesn't mean one will be there to talk to me, I eventually get transferred to a supervisor, Casey (pronounced Cassie). She's just as rude telling me there's absolutely nothing she can do. She constantly puts the blame on my DMV saying they never sent the fax since she doesn't have it, and I keep telling her they did send it and that I've sent faxes to and they're not getting it on their end so it's something wrong on their end, and she's still refusing to do anything or offer any other solution to this very clear problem of the fax not working on their end. I ask to be transferred to her supervisor. She denies my request. I ask for her last name or her email address. Denied again. I ask for her phone number to contact her in the future. Denied. I ask for her supervisor's name. Denied. I ask for "literally anyone above her or any other form of contact" and I'm denied again and told I can only call the toll-free number and ask for her. I ask for their business license number. Denied again. I'm crying through this whole conversation by the way, and by now I'm telling her I know none of it is her fault personally and I'm sorry for yelling but that I'm super frustrated with everything on their end and that I'm contacting a lawyer. She says to call back if I need any further assistance. We end the phone call. This company is ridiculous!! Worst customer service I've ever received or even heard of, and I've worked in customer service since I was 15. I don't care how rude people were to me or if I couldn't help them or whatever the situation could be, I would never ever ever ever be so rude or snarky to someone like they just were to me. And this company needs to get organized because something is clearly wrong on their end if they've received multiple faxes from different fax machines on different days and they're not receiving them. I just want them to take my name off of this car record! I've exhausted my efforts and don't know what else to do as I've done the only things they told me I can do for this issue. SO frustrating!!!

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgbilling

I paid my bill in Dec 2018 for the total amount showed to be owed. Did not receive another statement till Feb 2019 w/a balance of .69 plus late fee plus mailing fee. Called in & got everything resolved. Told I had a $0 balance. Got another statement today (March) w/late fees & mailing fees again. Now owe another $12. This is ridiculous & should not be allowed to happen. Mine is a small amount but there are thousands of customers having the same issue. Lawyers need ot be on this government run issue since no one else can even touch them.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag late fee

Statement #[protected]. $4.00 late fee. I mailed my payment to TxTag on February 14, 2019. It was check number 6481. It was mailed at the post office with 3 other bills, check #6480, 6482 and 6483. Two of those additional bills cleared my bank on Feb 19th, the third on Feb 20th. The one sent to TxTag did not clear my bank account until Mar 8! Now, I am being charged a late fee even though I mailed the check more than 2 weeks prior to the due date. I called and asked Jacob (C0042782) if you scanned my envelope to see the post mark, but he told me that you destroy that information. I volunteered to send him copies of my bank statement showing the checks before and after this one cleared weeks earlier. He said no. I then asked him to stop sending me a bill so that the mailing fee would not be added, he said he couldn't do that either. Why cant you waive this fee when it is obviously not my late fee? One of your payment options is to mail a check. That's what I did! Please stop accruing late fees while this issue is being resolved.
                Janet Slattery

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag transactions

This Company is the most disorganized I have ever seen, also very poor customer service. If you use your car to work and you have to submitted expenses be ready to pay tolls out of your pocket. Since they post the tolls whenever they want to, you may get recent tolls instead of oldest tolls. I guess they don't care. Customer service don't event say sorry. It is what it is. I cannot believe that company that is making so much money don't invest in better platform to do business . They are not taking more easy money from me, if I can avoid the toll I will. Even If I don't have to pay it my self I think is disrespectful.

Jan 24, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — billing issue

I have been trying to resolve a billing issue unsuccessfully. I received bill acc# [protected] for $4.05 and a...

Jan 22, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — txtag

I cancelled the account because I had a tax tag linked to auto pay. I would always get separate bills from...

Jan 12, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — txtag account

Cancelled my account last year, back in August. Never received my account balance of almost $37. When you...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgdrivers license

I renewed my drivers license online, I completed the application providing my complete address an payed online.
                    around 10/05/2018 I reviewed my drivers license that was sent to me via regular mail and noticed that my complete address was not listed on my drivers license.

The essential information that is supposed to be required by law was not listed!

This is not acceptable as this is a government agency that is supposed to accurately submit information.

I need a replacement drivers license immediately as this has caused a delay in certain matters.

drivers license

• Updated by Nakissa · Oct 30, 2018

unacceptable

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — customer service

Im getting (3) bills even though I have a TX Tag. Called in at 12:17 PM on October 3rd about the multiple...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgcomplete [censored]s

I got a notice to update my credit card 3 weeks ago because it was about to expire. I have tried ever sense then.

They apparently are "asleep at the wheel". They lost PCI compliance and their website has been down now for over a month. You go to www.txtag.org and you get:
                      Service Unavailable
                      The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

How is the modern day age of the Internet can your website be down for 3 weeks??? If their were a for-profit business, it would now be gone. They should give us 3 weeks of free tolls in exchange. I wonder how they would feel if for 3 weeks they weren't paid?

complete [censored]s

1 Response
                        • Jd
                          jdch Jun 16, 2019

Most unhelpful customer service, I have experienced. Have been trying for months to get a charge taken care of. I have multiple vehicles on my account, but one was charged, even though I have has a credit card on file for 5 years and all the others never had an issue. Didn't send a bill right away until the applied fees were added. I have since been having different information each month on how to take care of this, Going back and forth to NTTA and Tx Tag, and of course the fees are mounting up. Very poor customer service with both entities. If I treated my customers this way I would be out of business, but they don't have this problem, they are the only one to competition. Very disappointed, I hope they get it together. Hire people that can do a better job.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — faulty charges and unhelpful staff

Was mailed a late notice for a toll including a $15 late fee and $1 processing fee despite being an auto-pay...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag

Have credit card in file - a credit card that is automatically charged if balance falls below "xx" dollars - have had no changes in address/vehicles/billing info etc. for over 12 months yet continue to receive random bills and late fees. Can't ever get in touch with anyone that can actually resolve the issue - which means I get put on hold indefinitely or told a supervisor will "call you within 24 hours" yet conveniently the office hours are only 8-5/M-F. Absolutely sick of erroneous billing practices. Why am I being charged mailing fees and late fees when there's a credit card on file and even if there weren't it's not my fault bills aren't processed in a timely manner.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtoll tag

Earlier this week I received a bill in the mail for tolls and a mail fee. After calling the customer support line and explaining that all three of my cars have toll tags with an account balance and I should not be receiving any pay by mail bills. After 30 minutes with the customer service rep and asking to speak to a supervisor twice was finally granted a waiver of the $1.15 mailing fee.

However, I was then told that my toll tag on my vehicle that has had the same tag for 15+ years and has been going through toll booths with no issues all of the sudden was no longer valid and would need to be replaced. After one hour on the phone and the inability of a supervisor to make themselves available to speak to me and explain how this could be possible, I gave up. This should have been a simple straight forward call with an easy resolution. Instead, I have no idea which car has an issue with the toll tag. I would NOT recommend anyone to call this department EVER. Very frustrating and a complete waste of my time.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — my bill

TX TAG took $120 from my account on 6/6, 6/10 and 6/12. That is $120 dollars within a few days. I send and e...