Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Logo

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org

Having problems with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org?

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2007. The latest review Payment not reflecting in system. was posted on Nov 2, 2021. The latest complaint this truck is driven by an illegal alien! was resolved on Jul 12, 2011. Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 84 reviews. Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org has resolved 1 complaints.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Customer Service Contacts

1888 468 9824 (Customer Service)
+1 214 210 0493 (International)
+1 866 590 5155 (Deaf & Hard of Hearing)
12719 Burnet Road
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Customer Service. Initial Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org. Discuss the issues you have had with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

TxTagrude and unhelpful customer service representatives

I called to file a dispute on a toll violation that I received from the North Texas Tollway Authority. Initially I spoke with Sandra who was unhelpful and standoffish and initially refused to let me speak with her supervisor. I was then finally transferred to Lavelle who was also very rude and evasive and extremely unhelpful. He refused to let me speak with a supervisor when asked, but he did tell me his name is Matthew. He also threatened to hang up on me. I find this extremely unacceptable and would like something done. Feel free to contact me for further information. My name is Scott Nix and my contact number is my mobile at [protected].

TxTagbilling questions

According to KXAN News they covered a program for Disabled Veterans to use the toll roads. I started using these roads according to the map provided on the txtag website and a month later received a bill. I contacted customer service and was told I would have to pay the bill and that I was using a section that was not covered by the program, but they could not tell what part of the road that was and that if I use it again I would be billed again. The map does not label or show where this imaginary line is that I start getting billed for and driving on the toll road there are No signs indicating what section of hwy 130 is where I will be billed for. They insisted that the road is marked but I have gone back and looked and see nothing indicating the so-called sections 1-4 of SH130. I paid the bill and when I did- it indicated that I have more charges coming. So is there a Veteran Discount Program or is this another bait and switch scam to get more people to use the toll roads and then charge them for it after they use your toll roads? I have no idea what part of the sh130 road can be used and apparently your customer service does not either. I expect to get a refund of what I just finished paying and if I get no better response than that of your customer service I think KXAN will need to revise their story for disabled Veterans.

TxTagbilling, erroneous charges

I've had a TxTag for close to 2 years now, they have always charged my debit weekly and I had no problems until suddenly I'm getting past due invoices with a lot of late charges tacked on. I spent countless hours trying to get this resolved and finally paid over $360.00 in tolls and late fees. The rep that I was talking to verified the debit card on file was the correct card. I was told that they will take care of the issue and my TxTag should work with tolls automatically charged to my debit. Well, same thing, except now It's $516.99 with absolutely no previous invoices sent. Half of this amount are 1st and 2nd notice late fees. This is fraudulent, and erroneous late charges. I refuse to pay these late fees when they have had my billing information on file. What do I do??!!

Respond

TxTag — what else? billing!

This is most dysfunctional outfit I have ever dealt with (and i've been around a long time). I have dealt...

TxTag — billing

I have yet to receive a bill for the last 6 months. I know I have been on the toll road. I used to have a...

TxTagerroneous billing charges

My husband and I sold our vehicle last June. Toll charges made in July were charged to our "TexTag account" and we were sent a bill.
        To start things off, TexTag will not let me handle this issue because my name is not on the account. We did not open this account; it is a computer-generated account that TexTag opens. Even though both my husband and I are on the title and registration of every car we have ever owned, TexTag only put his name on the account. Since my husband has a demanding full-time job, he doesn't have the time nor energy to handle this issue - but TexTag insists upon it. So, he writes a letter disputing those charges and informing them that our title was transferred by the DMV on June 6. We even told them who the new owners are.
        A couple weeks later, we get another statement, showing that their system credited us those erroneous charges and the mailing fee. Good!
        Unbelievably, they made additional charges to our account FOR THE SAME CAR after the date they issued us the credit! So my husband has to, once again, write another letter disputing those charges and repeating that we do not own this car. They also didn't bother to check the DMV records that shows that I was indeed on the title for this car prior to June 6.

I just Googled "erroneous charges made on TexTag account" (which is how I found this site). Apparently, this has been going on since at least 2015! Come on, people! Any other company that did business this badly would be out of business.

Respond

TxTag — countless errors, horrible customer service, extortionist rates

I get bills even though I have a TX tag account. Late fees for said false billing are extremely...

TxTag — inconsistent, lack of honor, closed-off perception, assumptive customer service

Yet again, working with TxTag customer service is like a lottery draw. Sometimes I get an insightful, kind...

Texas Toll (TxTag) — txtag

My vehicle was towed and the tow yard did not contact me for several months, thus racking up an amazing bill...

TxTagtxtag billing

I changed vehicles at the end of 2016 and notified TxTag of this change. The change did not get into their system and a number of tolls were charged against my new vehicle as no-tag tolls. On February 21, 2017, I went into the TxTag office in Round Rock to get the tag corrected for my vehicle and pay the outstanding toll charges. I paid $105.71 by check number 1381. I was told at this time that all outstanding charges had been paid and to ignore any additional bills, since it would take TxTag's system several cycles to reflect these debits. I also received another TxTag for my new vehicle and added $20 to the rolling balance, as required. I did receive other bills, but assumed they would be corrected as I was told by their representative. On August 7, 2017, I received a collection letter from their attorney that I now owe $316.50 and the account was in collections.

I have made several calls to their customer service lines, but get the same run-around every time that nothing can be done about the situation. I also asked to speak to a supervisor, but am still waiting on a call back. This behavior seems to be consistent with what others have experienced with TxTag. I want this situation corrected so that the collection letter is recalled and my account is fully credited as was originally explained to me by TxTag.

I have filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office and intend to pursue it to whatever extent is required to get the matter satisfactorily resolved.

Respond

TxTag — overcharge/ unauthorized violation fees and horrible customer service

I have so many issues with TxTag I dont even know where to begin. First, my daughter and husbands account...

TX Tag — tx tag collections

I'm not from Texas. I have no idea how the toll road system works or is administrated. I was (incorrectly...

TxTag — statement of payment due

I just received a billing statement from TXTag for the period 05-31-17 to 07-05-17 from TXTag regarding my...

TxTagunauthorized charges to our debit card through the website

I’m expressing my concern and relaying what happened to us yesterday because it seems illegal and has put us in a very difficult financial situation. Additionally, I am especially concerned for those with lesser means who have to be experiencing significant hardships because of a lack of competence within the TxTAG system. I don’t know if we have ever been delinquent paying our TXTAG charge before this recent incident. However, we owed $506.25 and my wife went on line to pay the bill in full yesterday. When she tried to use the website to pay, at the end of the process, it said there was an “error/failure”. So she tried it 3 more times getting the same error message. Thinking it must not have worked, she called TxTAG to sort it out. She tried to pay through customer service at their end and it was unsuccessful. We knew we had enough money to cover it and didn’t understand. When my wife went to look at our balance and the bank details, TxTAG had tried to take out $506.25 x 4 ($2025.00). The bank indicated it is “pending”. However, this freezes our account and in the meantime we incurred a $25.00 overdraft charge. TxTAG customer service said there was nothing they could do. We had to simply wait until the things cleared. I would go into detail about the run-around and the disconnections my wife experienced but I don’t know if it would help.
            Obviously TxTAG is known for mismanagement considering how much press they have received over the years. Apparently fixes have not been addressed and they haven’t taken heed of the Legislative concerns regarding TxTAG. That is why I have also contact my Congresswoman as of a few minutes ago.

TxTag — billing

I called in June 2017 about a violation from May 2017. In my call, TXTag tells me that I have outstanding...

TxTag — billing - texas toll tags are criminals

I have called 10 times and promised a returned phone call to resolve billing nightmare, They continue to...

Texas Toll Road Authority — never contacted regarding being reported to collections for tx tag!!!

Hi there! I am like many who failed to update my credit card and thus began the "fine" process. In December...

TxTag — fraudulent charges

Being a country girl, I very rarely take a toll road. This was the first time in years & didn't even realize...

TxTag — billing fraud

I received a billing in November and when I went to pay it, they had added about $4 to my billing statement...

TxTag — toll fees

I've had a horrible experience with TX tag. The staff is unprofessional and they do not care about there...