Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Logo

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org

Having problems with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org?

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2007. The latest review Supervisors not capable of doing their job was posted on Oct 6, 2021. The latest complaint this truck is driven by an illegal alien! was resolved on Jul 12, 2011. Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 81 reviews. Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org has resolved 1 complaints.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Customer Service Contacts

1888 468 9824 (Customer Service)
+1 214 210 0493 (International)
+1 866 590 5155 (Deaf & Hard of Hearing)
12719 Burnet Road
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Customer Service. Initial Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org. Discuss the issues you have had with Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Aug 18, 2020

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — Fees

I mistakenly ended up on a TxTag road in May 2020. I received a bill for $11.23 on 6-7-20 and sent an e-check...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgNot receiving the original bill, when bill was received, they refuse to waive late fees

I contacted customer service because the bill I received already had late fees. I was only asking for late fees to be removed and they refuse to work with me. I am not trying to get the entire bill waived, only late fees. I can not prove the post office did not deliver the original bill. I have a history of paying my bills on file and that should show i'm not trying to get out of paying my bill.

Aug 03, 2020

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — Txtag

All of the terrible reviews regarding possible illegal behavior by Txtag make sense after my experience. I...

Jun 30, 2020

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — Tolls collections

I have received a confusing number of bills from TX Tag and have tried multiple times to clear these account...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgService

I am trying to pay a toll fee that I have been trying to pay for year. I can't do it online because it rejecting the correct information. I have tried to call and get this resolved and I am on hold for (as the automated system says) 61 mins. This is a joke!!! No wonder the roads look like they do out there because noone is working to collect the funds that support keeping the roads upgraded.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgStatement / unauthorized bill

Receiving bill's and collections notices for my elderly, disabled father who does not drive. It has been disputed many times and txtag even agreed to remove charges but now getting new bill's under an account # [protected] when there shouldn't be any!!! Very disappointed and frustrated with the level of harassment. This is fraudulent and they know it.

I am his daughter and attempted to explain why he cannot possibly be driving through tolls yet they continue to send bill's and are now giving him collections notices and affecting his credit. Shame on this scam agency!!!

1 Response
        • Pa
          Paul Allen Jun 30, 2020

I have had similar problems they have me charged with accounts in my name under vehicles I have never owned and then say I have to prove that it wasn't my vehicle. They have acruing late fees for charges that myself and my primary toll tag company NTTA have disputed on my behalf.
          [email protected]

May 23, 2020

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — Charged with purple heart plates

On 3/17/2020 I received a toll bill in my mailbox stating I owed 35.94 cents for toll bill of 12.88 with...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtraffic light

the light at 2224 jacksboro hwy/199 has the traffic backed at least a mile during the daylight hours. this morning just like every morning at 30 cars going east and west are setting waiting for the light to change for no traffic in the north and south direction. south side of the road is a closed wal mart the north side of the road is a closed murphy gas station an advance auto and a jack in the box that is open. im talking about 5 oclock in the morning. in the afternoon the light is backed up to nw 21st street. about a mile back up. ive been driving this direction for 20 years and this is the worst ive seen. this mile stretch has added 20 more minutes to drive the last month or 2. in the afternoon its a 3 lane west road because they are using the shoulder to go to the jack in the box entrance go through the parking lot past the gas station to whataburger exit and bypass the light. with all 3 lanes now pluged up emergency equipment couldnt make down the road.

Nov 10, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — mistaken billing

In June 2019, I received an invoice from TxTag for allegedly driving on a toll road on 4/22/2019. I did not...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgbilling practices are predatory and cannot be legal

I have used my Texas tag (Acct #[protected]) once in November of 2018. I had a prepaid balance at that time, but the link to my account failed and payment did not go through. Since that time I have tried to pay my bill several times to pay the $1.32 toll on 11/25/2018 that I accidently occurred by making a wrong turn. I do not live full time in my Texas home, as I have been forced to find work out of state. Therefore, the billing (sent via postal service) is very delayed in getting to me. Each time I send payments, additional exorbitant fees are levied on my account. I have sent payment in full several times with no luck. This type of predatory billing cannot be legal and I cannot get this account paid and closed no matter what I do… I have now paid more than $40 to try and settle this $1.32 toll. I really don't even care about all of the extra ridiculous fees I have already paid, I just want this account zero balanced and closed so I cannot be victimized in the future.

Oct 21, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — overcharged tolls by mail although I have a valid txtag account

The toll reader at MLK Mainline SB 04 and 51st Mainline NB 02 didn't read my TxTag but was able to figure out...

TX TagBilling

On August 14th, 2018 my GPS dire cted me from Colorado to Katy Tx. I found myself on a TxTag tollway. I had to stay in a hotel until I found a apartment. Txtag sent the bill to my Colorado address. The bill was rerouted to my Texas address and was received on 11-25-18.The due date was on 11-24-18, I called customer service to explain but they charged a late fee anyway.I sent a check in on 11-25-18.The check was returned because the bank had to close the account due to stolen identity. TxTag charged
            $35.50 for a returned check.I called customer service several times trying to resolve this issue.So, the bill escalated to $45.65 on November 2018.
            Txtag continues to charge late fees monthly. The bill has increased to $ 78.25
            and even though I filed a dispute statement on their website, I have not received feedback. So, the original bill of $ 5.15 has increased to $ 78.25.This is a scam .
            Txtag will not negotiate the balance, this is outrageous. Please respond

Sep 25, 2019

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.org — Bill already paid

I received a my statement in the mail from TxTag stating that I owed a total of $5.54 (Statement...

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtx tag scam

TX TAG continually misleads customers about their balance, then months later hits them with exorbitant late fees. They don't give written communication of balances due, just a fee and warning of being sent to collections.
              When I called to ask if my balance was clear, I was assured that it was. Then 5 months later I was told I actually owed thirteen cents, so my bill was being sent to collections unless I paid $17 additional dollars.
              It is a scam. It is not how people should be treated. A quick search online shows that thousands of people have experienced the same.

1 Response
                • Gu
                  Gus Guzman May 23, 2020

Tx tag is very very sketchy sad nothing can be done about it.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag billing and payment system

Apparently there is a problem with TxTag system. Did not receive a bill for a prolonged time. Paid Fees that included late fees from [protected] in 2018. Payment late??? was added additional late fees no notice until bill had elevated from$1.50 to $44.95 … paid but received late again. Charge $1.66... again no notice until late charges accumulated to $32.99. that is 51 times the original amount...
                I called today to find out about all of this. I was told regular bills had been going out but for some strange reason they never make it to my mail box until the bill has escalated. Are that really allowed to have a $1.50 late fee accumulate and end up collecting this total of $77.94... this system is ridiculous...
                check account #[protected]

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgToll bill

I received a bill yesterday for for supposedly travel through the Austin Area and the tag number is not even close to anything we own. We have not been to the Austin Area in years. Our last vehicle trade was in 2012 with a dealership, so I know the transfer was complete. There was also no photo at all showing the tag or make or model of the vehicle. When I keyed the account number on the bill into the website to check on it, it does not recognize the account number. Is this a scam???

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgFraudulent toll bill

I was billed for a toll bill on April 12, 2019. At this time, I was in western ND. In fact, I have never been to Texas. They are fraudulently billing me for an event that never happened. I have attached an image of the fraudulent attempt at theft. I want to see an image of what they claim is my vehicle. If someone is using a fake license plate with my number I need to know. Otherwise, txtag is lying and trying to steal from me.
                    Statement number [protected]
                    Account number [protected]
                    I will not pay this toll as I have never been to Texas.

Fraudulent toll bill

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgBilling

I have recieved a second statement with different account number two months ago. When I called they said it was because my tag was removed from my vehicle which is incorrect. Then I recieved it again with more fees and when I called how they say that its because of $6 toll from 3 and a half years ago!!! I'm sorry what?! Supposedly they were mailing me statements for those $6 for 3 years which I never recieved until 2 months ago! $50 something in fees for last month on those $6 plus new ones for this month. Absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE! To top it off customer service supervisor was beyond rude and kept on interrupting me and just kept repeating himself even when I was trying to make sense of all this nonsense .

Respond

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag tolls on 130 around austin from i-10 to i-35 in georgetown.

I have been overcharged several times when traveling from I-10 to I-35 on 130 toll road around Austin. My most recent travels were on June 7, 2019. The overcharge is on Bluebonnet Plaza NB and Skyline Plaza NB. I am pulling an RV fifth wheel, 42 feet in length. My TxTag # is [protected] and my license plate on my truck is TX KXX3399. I do not carry the fifth wheel's transponder in it as I was told by TxTag not to, it would be charged based on my truck's license plate. I have a total of four axles which show the total charge should be $44.32 and I got charged $51.71. Bluebonnet plaza charged me $20.24 and should have been $15.17 and Skyline Plaza charged me $9.27 and should have been $6.95. All charges from Mustang Ridge up to Georgetown are correct. When I reviewed the charges for June 7th, on some readings it shows my truck's license plate, and on others it shows the transponder ID. Please provide me an explanation as to why these charges do not match TxTag's own calculator for the same route and refund any excess charges please. My account # is [protected]. Walt Aldridge, 9852 Mulhouse Dr Schertz, TX 78154; [protected]. Thank you.

Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgtxtag customer service

The customer service in this department is unbelievably incompetent.

I received the attached email. Notice there is no claim number on it and a phone call must be made in order to process, but you need your claim number (8 digits). Also, the website says my account was closed due to inactivity so I must do this over the phone. However, when I called the number I received a prompt requiring me to answer if I was over 50 or not. I are REQUIRED to answer in order to proceed - then it takes you to a commercial for a Medical Alert Company and you cannot end the commercial until you speak to them. This is insane.

Then I called [protected] and spoke to a very nice person who was no help at all in trying to get my account re-actived so that I could pay the new balance. The phone message prompts me to stay on the line for a survey after the call. Which I did, but when you try to answer the questions by pressing the appropriate number - it does not register! It says "you have not answered the question". I have spent over an hour on this to do ONE THING - $20 to my account! And it's still not accomplished so I will just wait for the bill in the mail and not bother to claim the $11 in unclaimed property.

There is such extreme incompotence at ever level of this process - from data administration to website to phone prompts to overall processes. Someone at the executive level should lose their job.

txtag customer service