Having problems with C.R. England?

C.R. England Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 453 8826 (Customer Service)
+1 800 421 9004 (Driver Recruiting)
+1 801 886 4570 (Head Office)
+1 951 231 1190 (California Office)
+1 708 566 9500 (Illinois Office)
+1 956 267 2204 (Texas Office)
+1 951 332 3939 (Fontana Driver School, CA)
+1 469 454 3060 (Dallas Driver School, TX)
+1 866 397 7887 (Burns Harbor Driver School, IN)
+1 470 378 2990 (Atlanta Driver School, GA)
4701 West 2100 South

Illinois
17201 State Street, South Holland, IL 60473

Texas
8422 Amparan Rd, Laredo, TX 78045

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with C.R. England Customer Service. Initial C.R. England complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for C.R. England above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about C.R. England. Discuss the issues you have had with C.R. England and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

C.R. England Complaints & Reviews

C.R. England — driver threats to do bodily harm.

Today, I was waiting and waiting to pull up to a fuel island but there were three lanes and no one in the...

C. R. England, Inc — un professional recruiter

Beware of this company / recruiter - She will lie thru her teeth to get applicants. It's a shame that a...

C.R. Englandthreatened job, liars

Cr england lied to my husband from the get go with pay information. He completed school. He is now at his 5.5 month. He is a trainer (without trainer pay). They gave him his second "student" but his pay won't be in affect until next month!! But this student (God bless him, because he can not help it) cr england is wrong for this. As soon as my husband met him he had hygiene issues, he let cr england know, they said "you will just need to remind him to shower" that's bull crap. Our kids are home. Remind you he is not even getting trainer pay. This student is supposed to be 6 months experience. He couldn't keep truck in lane, in the rain "going down the road like a snake", wouldn't keep two hands on wheel, saw a minimum speed sign and dropped speed down to 40. Really??? That's a common road sign. My husband asked him where he went to school, he named 3 states, my husband was like, "no, did you go to cr england school", the student replied "I just passed" really??? The student obviously at this point, not mentally capable of training. He can't hold truck in lane, when getting on expressway was trying to use jake brake. Really?? And he is suppose to be 6 months experience?? My husband called all departments in the company and told them situation, they tell him "we are not setting you up", who said that?? Ok now they tell him if he doesn't keep him on the truck for 40 hours, he won't be able to be a trainer. That's not fair when this man is mentally incapable of training!!! He can't hold truck in lane. Doesn't listen or even comprehend simple road signs and direction. Then my husband said just forget it it I quit, company tells him well if you abandon load, we will put in doc report and you won't be able to get another job! Wow. So that's what they meant "we're not setting you up". Ok now it's dark and raining, he is swerving out of control my husband called after hours and gave brief explanation of what was going on and after hours (Thank god) found the nearest trick stop for them to get off. Then they wanna tell him that he had to give up load and figure out what the student was going to do
Not my husband responsibility, but they are messing with his money like always. Be aware of the lies of this company. We are struggling to keep our home. They lied about pay from day one!!! Be safe.

CR England — Driver breaking traffic laws

To whom it may concern, This morning in San Diego, there was a traffic backup due to and accident on the...

CR England — Trucking

We are about to lose our home even though the recruiters said oh don't stress we will help and I was never...

CR England — Not family oriented

My son applied to cr england, he went through the training and got his cdl through the school in harrisburg...

CR Englandaccident

first incident that cr England proclame as a accident which is not true because what happen was I was backing in a spot at truck stop in CA and after I was done another driver stated that I scratch his bumper which it looks like a minor scratche tha driver might have before me and try to blame me for it, so I told my safety department that I am not taken that in consideration or I will fight and safety stated they will fixed it

CR England — Almost killed

I was driving 35 south in Dallas Texas. I was in my far right lane ahead of the CR England truck. The truck...

CrenglandUnprofessional

My husband has been driving for a year now on the dedicated southern California Walmart fleet. This company is by far the worst most unprofessional environment I have ever seen. As a truck driver he has a dispatch office. These people need Mental Help. Three of the dispatchers especially, Janie, Jackie and Jenn. I feel for anyone who has to deal with these women. They will send him wrong times of his drives and never take responsibility. Just the other day the woman Jackie in the same sentence told him he had to be somewhere to pick up at 3pm then said he didn't have any work today. They often hang up on him and ruin the whole one day he gets off a week because they can't get there business together. DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY TO ENROLL IN THE SCHOOL AND WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. They pay you nothing and you are forced to deal with some of the most incompetent people on the planet. I had a miscarriage and they wouldn't give him time off to even come see me in the hospital. The dispacthers are cruel and often tell him to get to truck because he has a load, then once he drives there, which takes him 2 hours, he will call and they will LAUGH and say he doesn't have one. They blame all there mistakes on the drivers, it's pathetic.

I can not stress enough, go look somewhere else, i'm saving you from so much stress and anger. CREngland is a joke.

CR EnglandCharged me for the load not being drop off in the right place

I went to work for CR England Oct 2 2011. I went through the training and was on the road with a trainer and another person in training on the truck with in a week. On Oct. 27 2011 I was kicked by the trainer and was yelled at. Was cussed out at about my sexuality. The trainer then left me and the other person in a truck stop in In. CR England then sent us to Salt Lake UT and did nothing for us. We sat for a week waiting to get back on a truck. I was made to feel it was my fault and they didn't care. I was put back with a new trainer on Nov. 5, 2011. He was very helpful and nice. By Nov 9, 2011 I was in gray In for more training. On Nov 14 2011 I was givin a load and truck for my first hall. The weight was 40, 000 lbs. When I started up the rocky mts I found out my truck had no breaks. I called it in over and over from Nov 15 to the 16 2011. I had only the breaks on my trailer. On Nov 15 2011 5 pm they told me to wait and someone would come get my load and give me a lighter load. I was givin a 80, 000 lb load insteed.

I tried to get help over and over and the only response I got was they had already had two roll overs that day. They told me to drive the truck to Salt Lake UT. I had to drive with no breaks only trailer breaks the whole way. When I reach Salt Lake Nov 17 2011 the office was closed. Nov 18 2011 I went in to talk to a manger and he did not care. He charged me for the load not being drop off in the right place. He would not fix the truck. They just sent me back out to the truck in the yard.

• Bi
            billy arnold Jan 31, 2014

My first experience on the truck with the trainer at the school who was a big black man from the congo in Africa. He put his hand on my thigh and pinched it when I was backing up. He then wanted to give me a kiss on the lips as a reward for a job well done. I told him I was not a homosexual and he then treated me badly for the next 2 weeks often yelling at me while he was rubbing his hand on his crotch area of his pants. Really strange smelly freak if you ask me. My mentor driver kept asking me to do his dirty laundry; and give him foot massages which I thought was weird. I could hear him masturbating in the sleeper while I drove then laughing and asking me to come back into the sleeper with him. I declined which made him madder and angrier. If you ask me they are all a bunch of dirty perverts but if you like to be raped up the ying yang then this company is for you.

• Cr
            crazymadmax8000 Nov 24, 2012

they should shut them down for good i work for them and got fired after a man ran in to me in Texas just because he didn't like the Cr England and the fatality rate is threw the roof i was there for 6 months and 42 students and trainers died but do they care no they do not and furthermore what do they tell the families it was all there fault no it was the drivers and i would like to Sue them so take it from me don't go to Cr England

CR EnglandRun as fast as one can from this company

CR England what a joke.
          Now dont worry about any test for your CDL, atleast the Fontana School will give you all the answers and you "Will Pass". Hell people that had the breaks pulled on them while doing road tests had passed, come on, if the breaks are pulled on you to stop the truck & trailer, then you have no buisness being behind the wheel.
          For those that have no buisness back ground or any money set aside to cover you, you have no chance. You will need to have money to eat with, yes you can get an advancement on your pay. The trainers I had who had been doing this for over a year, had no money, was buming off me at first, 1st clue to me.
          If you have a new family, recently married, this will not work for you, this job is for those that have no life, no social skills, no kids, no wife/husband and no money and no clue on how to opperate a buisness.
          In training you will only make 430.00 a week, and thats for driving 10/11 hours a day for seven days, while in training. not even federal standard wages.
          After completing and going for an upgrade, if you go for 2nd seat, they say 12cpm, hell you make more as a trainee then as a second seat driver.
          Now if you op for a lease driver IC, Boy you just ###ed up.
          My first day in the Mira Loma yard I was approached by another employee who had informed me to run like hell from this company, hell I was'nt there no more than 5 min. when he came up to me.
          Then when I had gotten onto my trainers truck, all I heard was neg. chit regarding this company the whole time.
          This Company has no intensions of wanting a company driver, they are a leasing company.
          Before you decide on leasing, make sure that you have it in writing that you are going to get x amount of miles, ( have it in writing ). Then do your math...! to see what you will need to a profit, just to clear your opperating costs you will have to run 1800+ miles first.
          But, remember, if you chose to have them handle all your buisness affairs, book keeping then you have your maintenace fund, broker fee's, truck payment, "fuel" etc. Plus all the additional of extra cost for putting the truck on the road, chains, gps, if you have to chain up, word of advice, pull it over and park it, no feight or miles are worth it.
          Get your self some software for tracking your buisness, dont op to have them handle all your affairs, less money you will be bringing home..!!
          And after all is said and done, and you decide to walk, dont drive back and deliver the truck, go home and part it out, atleast you will be able to recover your losses.
          They will hit you for the balance and then sum hidden costs, plus all the repairs they will claim had to be done.
          Last month they had 9 roll overs, but hell after 180 days you can be classified as a trainer.
          No wounder why the high safety accidents this company has.
          A class mate that went through the same time with me op for the lease program, ( me I left, rented a car and drove home) well, the first week he brought home $215.00 after everything was taken out of his check, the second week $45.00, I had text him the other day, in which I asked if he brought enough home for a twelve park, his responce was no, and he was having his wife seeking out an attorney to get him out of this lease, has asked his DM for more miles, nothing.
          I'm sure once he gets his 180 days and can become a trainer then yes, he will get more miles, due to the fact that he will now push the new trainee into becoming a leasee just as his trainer pushed him. The trainer who is training a new fool is the one that gets the miles.
          Our truck never shut down, except to fuel up.
          Plus gotta love all that wounderful food at the truck stops, plus sitting in ball soup all day if your a male, wounder what to call it for a female...?
          Those that I've seen to op for a company position, All I had seen was that they were sitting and waiting for a truck to come up for them, this one guy had been sitting waitng for three weeks, mind you at no pay while waiting, so he ended up going to lease just to get out of Salt Lake so as to hopefully make some money so he could eat.

CR EnglandCharged for things not broken

When we were working for England we did a 6 month lease. It was a nightmare. We would usually only get 10 percent of our weekly income. There were weeks we didn't even get paid 'cause they took all of our money! While leasing the truck we had it in the shop a lot fixing all the things wrong with it. We had to put a new drivers seat in 'cause the other was broke. All of the money we had in our maintenance fund was used up the last time it was in the shop for a week! We had to pay for a motel room and the truck repairs. Now after we turned the truck back in when the 6 month lease was up England is trying to charge us for things that weren't broken or didn't need to be replaced. They took our last 7000.00 check plus they are saying we still owe them over 1000.00 for the truck and 3000.00 for the school loan on top of that!

• Jl
                jlewis0201 Jan 01, 2013

My husband has been at work for just a month and has not seen a dime of money, they have taken everything he has made. They are charging him full price for gas and other things he can't figure out what or where his money is going. He had a $5000.00 check and didnt have a dime of it, they said he was in the whole $1100. This company is ridiculous do not work for them.

CR England — fraud

Sent to...Indiana Attorney General's Office Indiana Government Center South 302 W. Washington St., 5th...

Burns Harbor

CR EnglandCR England Didn't Care!

I would like to know what I can do or is there?

CR Englandlies and forced lease

I went to their school in salt lake ut.I learned a lot. I have a few weeks left in my phase 2 training.I'm being told that there are just about 100 people on a list to go company. They have plenty of lease trucks available, or I have to stay with my trainer until further notice with my .11 per mile instead of the .12per mile I was told.my phase 2 trainer is good.but he is on dedicated run, up northwest area.I live south central haven't been home in over 2 months.they did send me home barely aftermy 1st30 days, just because of a death in family.other wise I would still be running on a expired paper license. When I signed up I did so as a company not to be forced into a lease.I'm just tired of the bs lies.

CR Englandwithholding paycheck

Independent driver... leasing from CR England turned truck in at the end of his contract...received settlement within the 45 day time frame. a month later he was notified that he owed $5000 plus to England. the truck he turned in went on a trip to WA and ID and was in an accident, someone else drove ther truck and had the accident...Are they crazy??????? They held his last paycheck towards paying the $5000...Is that LEGAL????? Dept of Labor???? any suggestions????? please HELP

CR England — Scam

My wife and I went to their Utah training facilty in december of 2008 to get our CDL licenses and lease a...

CR EnglandThey misrepresented themselves

C.R.England's focal point is to enhance the monetary gain of it's trainers. With as little as 30 days experience, you can become a phase 1 trainer. This means, that an 80, 000 pound rig is motoring down the same freeways and streets that your family uses, with a driver or drivers who could conceivably have no more than 60 days experience, combined. Unsafe at any speed. If you are a company driver, who will only be used for the "short hop" loads the lessor's do not want. You will starve. The company is guilty of unfair business practices. The company is guilty of "bait and switch", telling drivers they will get more miles with a leased truck. When you lease a truck from them, you get someone else's problem truck. I counted 46 trucks in their leasing yard. It told me a lot of folks were defaulting on their leases. Why? They were either being raped for the shop repairs, or they weren't making any money. At any rate, in their minds it was cheaper and better for them to turn the truck in, than to continue on this pipe dream invented by the trucking company and it's employees. And if you are thinking of becoming a company driver, C.R.England dosen't want company drivers. You will be shuffled around, and you still won't get your own truck. One man I talked to was with them for 4 months, no truck. Every rumor, like 3 people in one truck, crappy paychecks, (he had 1 good one), not being able to truck in the 11 western, 6 days with no showers, for instance, happened to this guy. He was from PHX, and he almost went broke being stuck on Hershey "short hops" out of PA. So he decided to team, and they could never connect him and his buddy, who at the time was stuck on the "short hops" around Hershey. At this point he was at the terminal for a week in SLC waiting for them to connect him with his buddy. Finally, he asked to wait at home in PHX, and said he had never seen anyone so willing to send a driver home in his life. The two of them were talking on the phone and the final verdict was, "They want us both to quit." Do yourself a favor. Cross England, Werner, and Swift off your list. The smaller the driver pool is, the better deal you will get. At least these smaller companies treat their drivers with some respect. At the big 3 companies, it's all about herding them through the turnstile. What else could explain 137% turnover at England?

Anotherdayinparadice Mar 26, 2012

Boy I wanna run out and drive for 180 days so I can become a certified CRE Trainer, this is why CRE has the highest safety rating out there, this is why they had 9 roll overs last month, and may I add that most of the roll overs the Trainer who was suppose to be training the trainee was asleep in the bunk.
                        Does one get a wall certificate or some special cert. if one becomes a trainer after 180 days...?

• Ha
                        HappywithCRE Aug 17, 2011

First of all, your comment about being a Phase 1 trainer after 30 days is totally false. You must have 6 MONTHS of driving experience, plus they check for log violations, late loads, claim or pallet problems, check w/ your DM and the safety department for any accidents. So...since your very first complaint is untrue, what makes anyone think any of the remaining things you fussed about are even close to being accurate. Get your information correct before you bad mouth something or someone...

C R Englandunethical business

It has been almost a year I have spent with c.r. england. When I went out to the terminal for orientation. the first thing that was said to us is. what ever your recruiter told you was a lie. there was 40-50 people and the room went from quiet to people yelling. including me. i asked for a bus ticket home cause i was low on funds. the instructor said sorry only if you get fired. i had allergys so i took some pills. i slept for most of the four days. i still got hired. My first truck was a mess. i picked up nestle in Illinois and went to atlanta, ga. i then sat for day. i came acustomed to either sitting or running hard. depending on if i pissed off my dm. with england. they do not want seasoned truck drivers. they depend on people from mcdonalds or 7-11 to become a truck driver. they then pay you 5-600 a week. about have of what a seasoned driver makes. then they expect drivers with a few months experience to train you. now they are forcing us to drive teams or quit. i will not do either. i refuse to die at the hands of someone else. they also do not value your home time. you could be out for months and once again they like it that way. all they care is if the truck keeps making them money, but if you piss of your dm you could easily sit for a week. i think if you are reading this and deciding to go to school or become a driver. dont. so here i sit. my dedicated account is coming to an end. it is the end for me. they simply lied to us and said they would inform us of when the account was ending. instead they are giving us 1 way loads and then turning us to over the road. many of us have our homes here. we have our family. we have our loved ones. we have our kids. so instead of giving us a chance to give hugs and kisses to our kids. they deceive us and send us on our way to our death by student. i know we all need jobs but i say at what cost do we need jobs. should we really work just to make enough to slowly watch it all go away?

C R Englandfiring

I try not to fuss about any company but this has gone too far. My husband was fired after 20 other drivers in the last 2 weeks at the same terminal. Reason you don't drive safe enough for the company. Now here is the problem: no wrecks, no bump ins, no dot violations, no tickets, no nothing. Clean your truck out was all the guy that fired him would say. A district manager told him it is because cr england has too many new students coming out of their school and they need somewhere to put them. So let's get this straight they are taking safe, experinced drivers off the road and firing them and replacing them with drivers that just learned how to drive a truck. Never again will we apply to a company like cr england. Might need to be on the safe side and stay off the roads too.

• 18
                            18 wheeler Jul 01, 2011

Obviously there are 2 sides to every story but if these problems are so prevailant (reading other complaints) every driver out there that has a problem with the company should file a complaint with the Dept. Of Labor. They DO investigate.