TX Tagtx tag collections

K

I'm not from Texas. I have no idea how the toll road system works or is administrated. I was (incorrectly) given to understand that Oklahoma's Pikepass operated on Texas roads. I've since learned my error. Apparently my family violated a toll while on vacation and owed $3.45 in fines. I paid it when I finally realized it was our personal bill and not a bill that was related to my husband's work travel. AFTER I paid the overdue toll I received a bill from a collection agency for $169! I was turned over to a collection agency AFTER I paid the bill? THE PAPER STATEMENT I WAS MAILED REGARDING THE ORIGINAL TOLL DID NOT MENTION THE EXORBITANT COLLECTION FEES. That detail was conveniently left off, allowing it to mount so that the TX government can take more of a tourist's money. I'm sure this is the way you do business in Texas and I know the fault was mine for not paying the toll, but the fee is outrageous and sneaky. It will definitely deter me from traveling in Texas again. The traffic was horrible and the system is confusing at best. I'm not a criminal. I pay my bills. I don't appreciate being turned over to a collection agency for a $3.45 bill.

Comment Guidelines