Having problems with Travelgenio?

+34 911 160 765 (Spain & International)
+1 646 568 7507 (United States)
+44 870 099 0971 (United Kingdom)
+61 388 205 378 (Australia)
+64 99 853 516 (New Zealand)
+32 70 354 719 (Belgium)
+45 78 791 031 (Denmark)
+358 20 020 302 (Finland)
+31 208 082 817 (Netherlands)
+351 707 501 997 (Portugal)
+41 315 280 581 (Switzerland)
+65 31 581 467 (Singapore)
+54 115 984 2113 (Argentina)
c/Albasanz, 15, 2º Izq
Madrid
Spain - 28037

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] change of flight and downgraded class without any information

Our Travelgenio booking code: [protected]
Booking code: HKEKTP
Ticket numbers: [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected].
Itinerary: DEPARTURE: London/Heathrow to Doha/Doha Intl. :30 November 2018 with British Airways 123, Class: Premium Economy.
1) The Flight does Not Exist!
2) No information from Travelgenio of the change of Itinerary either by email or phone.
As no prior information was given by Travelgenio and as we could not find the relevant flight number on the British Airways website, we purposely had to make our way to London Heathrow airport, British Airways counter 12 hours before departure to enquire about the flight. BA informed us the flight does Not exist. We were lucky enough to be transferred to the Qatar Airways flight, but however, as there are no Premium Economy class we were downgraded to economy.
British Airways phoned Travelgenio and the staff were very rude, unaccommodating, and refused to talk to us. Eventually, they sent us a change of itinerary once the BA staff informed them they had not done so. We have all the correspondence from Travelgenio and they have blatantly refused to answer to our email queries on money refund of the change of airline and class. We would like a refund on our ticket class and an acknowledgement/apology of their inefficiency.
I have written to them, but they have not acknowledged my complaint.

• Travelgenio's response · Dec 18, 2018

Hi zyzzyx01. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] service

I bought a ticket on friday 14th of december from travelgenio to fly from Dublin to Sao Paulo Brazil on Wednesday 19th December. Departure at 6am. I rang them the next day, Saturday the 16th December trying to cancel and get a refund. The guy who answered the call was very rude. He told me I couldnt cancel or get a refund. He sarcastically told me to take the flight. He refused to give me his full name. He said his first name was Nicholas. He then hung up the phone on me. Then they wouldnt answer the phone when i tried to ring back.This has to be against consumers rights. They are stealing €800 from me. This is 2 months rent. Im so angry at this company. How can they get away with treating people like this? Can youplease help me get my money back, please? This is a lot of money for me. Any help is very much appreciated.

• Travelgenio's response · Dec 18, 2018

Hi Graziele, of course we can help you with the booking cancellation and rembursement. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and telling us if you want to cancel all the booking or just a part and we will inform you about the rate conditions for your request. Regards

[Resolved] refund related

I take this opportunity to bring this to your attention that students from Central America Health Sciences University were to travel on board on 11th December, 2018. The students did arrive at the airport as per scheduled check-in at 9:00 PM but later they were denied boarding by the security officials by Air France citing the cause as Security Alert by Mr. Brijesh Pratap Singh who was the officer on-duty. He has also indicated the issue of refunding 100% amount towards the tickets as the students had all the required documents and it was denied by airline. He has informed it as a security alert.
Further the same would be reflected as the cause and we request you to work and process as soon as possible on 100% refund. We cannot really afford a fare amount for the round trip again sir. We are very much in distraught and traumatized as we are students travelling with remitted budgets.

1. PYLA CARL ISRAEL, Passport no. Z 4668446 TICKET : [protected].
2. SAI PRAVEEN DASARI, Passport no. S 1607932 TICKET : [protected].
3. VARUN TIWARI, Passport no. N 2439975 TICKET : [protected]
4. KUMAR MANISH, Passport no. S 5410321 TICKET : [protected]
Kindly do the needful.

For any further information or queries you us reach us directly at [protected]@gmail.com or +91 [protected].

• Travelgenio's response · Dec 18, 2018

Hi MedUni. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

date of return flight can not be changed

Hi,

my booking code is SXAZOA and telephone number is [protected]. I want to change the return flight from 12/29/2018 to 01/30/2019, still Air China-CA963 from PEK to DUS. My booking includes flexible ticket fee. I have sent several requests and complaint to Travelgenio but till now got ZERO response. So I called the hotline and got noticed that if the ticket is partly used. it can't be rescheduled for return flight because according to Travelgenio General Terms, no modifications are permitted for partially used tickets. I am quite astonished and sad about such situation, since it is against common sense of this Flexible term, and not normal flexible ticket option should be. If not, I have to pay extra 900 EUR for new ticket booking!

Then I go to read through whole Legal Terms and Conditions about Travelgenio Flexible Ticket, on Paragraph 1.Time of Purchasing Additional Services: Any changes to your booking must be made within the office hours of our customer services, and a minimum of 48 hours before the scheduled departure. And on Paragraph 3. Conditions, I am still taking the same flight line Air China CA963, the same supplier Air China and the same passenger Ning Fan. Almost all conditions are fulfilled to Travelgenio Flexible Ticket option. I added this flexible ticket option for this ticket, because I trusted Travelgenio and thought Travelgenio shall offer the return date change option with all same flight info but different date. I would not buy any tickets from Travelgenio without flexible option. I think I was cheated.

some updated at 17:00 on 12/10/2018: I called Air China Germany and find out that the ticket I bought [protected] totally has no chance to modify for return flight because of the Class level. Which means even I submit my change before several day of the 1st flight, this ticket still has no chance to change the date. that is totally unfair and totally disaster for the consumer!

I need an answer from Travelgenio what is going on and what should deal with such situation!

Please help me to align and find a better solution. Otherwise I have to feedback to Consumers Association in Germany that Travelgenio provides fault information for flight booking. I might also consult with lawyer for such issue if there is no solution.

Ning Fan

[Resolved] incompetence on an incredible scale and a warning never to use them

All we want to do is get home for Christmas. So much so that we booked our flights in January! Regrettably we did so through Travelgenio which was evidently a massive mistake in retrospect. Here follows a warning to avoid using Travelgenio at all costs. It's really not worth it.

_

The journey:

So, we booked flights from Manchester to Cape Town (via Lisbon and Luanda), departing 22 December 2018 and returning from Cape Town on 4 January 2019.

In August we received notification of a schedule change for the airlines from Travelgenio, which resulted in a very short connection time in Lisbon. I contacted Travelgenio to resolve the schedule and was told to contact the airline, which I did. The airline said they weren't able to help as the booking was made by an agent and that Travelgenio would have to modify our flight into Lisbon to an earlier one in the day.

I contacted Travelgenio again to request their assistance in moving us to an earlier flight. Eventually in September Travelgenio emailed to say they couldn't confirm another connection and offered an alternative flight, which we accepted.

Then a few days later they emailed to say that flight was no longer available. They offered another alternative leaving Cape Town a day earlier which we accepted. We didn't hear anything and emailed many times through September and October requesting updates, with no response, other than "We are waiting for the Airline to confirm the flights".

We called the Madrid contact centre a number of times too. Most of the attempts to get through failed, as when waiting on hold the calls were often just cut off, or even when getting through to someone were cut as soon as they put us on hold to "bring up the booking details". At this point we started to get worried.

Finally in early November, following another email from us with an ever-more desperate tone, we heard back from Travelgenio, "We regret to inform you that the Airline could not confirm the flights."

They offered another alternative schedule, and because we were desperate at this stage to get things finalised, we confirmed immediately.

We followed up a number of times of the next few weeks asking for confirmation, until on 3 December Travelgenio emailed saying we could either take a refund or pay a whole bunch of money to change our flight. How has it come to this? We booked and paid for our flights in January!

We've phoned them a number of times, getting cut off numerous times, and even asked a Spanish friend to help us overcome any communication difficulties by explaining everything to them on the phone.in that call the person was extremely patronising and not at all helpful.

We are desperate to find a solution. We even offered to find another way to Lisbon (and pay for it) as long as we could still use our connections to Luanda and Cape Town, but they are not even telling us which flights we actually have confirmed.

I phoned the first connection airline, TAP, who were extremely helpful and understanding, but as much as they wanted to help, because it was booked by Travelgenio on another system there was nothing they could do.

_

We are at a complete loss. Clearly someone at Travelgenio has made a mistake somewhere and now they're not willing to accept any culpability, even when we're offering to work with them to find a solution. It's disgraceful. We are so upset and frustrated. Flights would now cost over £3500 so we literally cannot afford to take the refund and rebook. Travelgenio just seem to be a sea of incompetence and an unwillingness to help.

In conclusion, I would warn anybody considering booking with Travelgenio not to do so.

I hope we can still make it home for Christmas somehow, but I'm losing hope.

• Travelgenio's response · Dec 06, 2018

Hi Matthew, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

[ don't receive e-ticket ]

Hi
I bought a ticket on your website but untill now i don't receive my e-ticket. When i check my booking number on your website, it shows that my booking status is cancelled.
Can you tell me what happened?
I book successfully or not?
I need a explanation, i just wanna know my booking is successful or not. If no, tell me, i must to book another flight, i need to go homeeeeee, please!
Thanks you!

[ don't receive e-ticket ]

Travelgenio

[Resolved] flight ticket booking service

I have made a ticket booking for the flight from delhi to singapore in the name of ramesh babu settypalli... The payment has been successfully processed but I haven't got my tickets confirmed... Booking code is xjmzds... So I request u to check this issue and resolve it as early as possible... Or atleast send me the mail regarding the problem in booking the tickets.

• Updated by vamsi krishna09 · Dec 04, 2018

I have booked a flight ticket from delhi to singapore... The booking code is xjmzds... The payment for this ticket was successful but when I check the status on internet it shows cancelled... I haven't got any refund... I need this problem to be resolved nowwwwwww...the payment was successfully processed... Plz resolve this problem...

• Travelgenio's response · Dec 04, 2018

Hi Vamsi, you will receive a reply by mail during next few hours. Regards

[Resolved] found out my payment was canceled 1 day before the flight

I made a reservation in the 14 of november, from Amsterdam to Prague, and typed in all my bank card information. I received immediately the confirmation of my reservation. And 2 hours later, an e-email, that i ignored, which subject was Reservation Payment. I ignored it because I thought it was just a confirmation of the payment. At first glanced, the e-mail does't explain that i have to do the payment again, it has a huge introduction, and in the bottom states "For a save payment click here".
I noticed that my payment was cancelled, when I wasn't able to do my check-in with the company i was flying with. Then, I went back to my travelgenio account, and found it out.
I am hugely disappointed, as i wished the second email would have a subject that stated the problem, or at least i would had received another reminding of the occurrence.
I today I had to buy another ticket, since i had already arranged everything for my travel, overpaying more 100 €, which i would like to be refunded.

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 30, 2018

Hi Anastasiyal, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] not be able to change my flight

I booked a return flight from Zurich to Guangzhou and back, and now I want to change the itinerary because of some changes in my work. I called the phone service and a lady helped me solved it, and charged me 350 euros. But in that evening I got a call again from that lady and she told me the change failed and she would give me the money back. But I don't want the money! I just want to change the flight! The lady told it's not possible...
Probably this is how this company survives.

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 26, 2018

Hi David, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

[Resolved] overcharged

It is terrible for my purchasing experience with travelgenio.

I was shocked to receive notice that your website had deducted s$657.65 from my credit card account. I had made no purchases with the amount of s$657.65. Instead, I made a booking for two airtickets scheduled on 12/1/2019 on 18th november 2018 but the amount chargeable was s$596.07 (I can produce the payment method page displaying the actual amount payable was s$596.07). A special discount was shown available on the payment method page, which reduces the actual amount payable to s$597.07.

After contacting with travelgenio, they told me that the special discount is only applyed to maestro spain card.

I produce to you the following evidence to show, unequivocally, that I was not shown the s$657 you claimed I was shown and consented to before payment. I did not see any disclaimer stating that the discount would only apply to maestro spanish. Though, I believe at this stage the burden of proof would have shifted to your side and it is your responsibility to show, with evidence instead of baseless claims, that I have been shown and consented to such onerous and uncommon condition.

[travelgenio sl #2097393] overcharged

overcharged
overcharged

• Updated by LucyXu · Nov 19, 2018

Travelgenio是一家骗子中介。我在Tripadvisor网站上通过Travelgenio订了两张东航的机票,2019-1-12从新加坡飞往上海,选用信用卡付款。付款页上显示原价S$657.65,折扣S$61.58 实付S$596.07。我确定的成交价是S$596.07。为防纠纷,我还把付款页面截屏。谁知按下《付款》键后,Travelgenio从我信用卡上扣除的却是S$657.65。
    我连发几个Email,根本没人理我。后来我在Live Chat找到他们,并显示付款截屏,他们硬是不认账,硬说我同意了原价。后几经交涉,又胡说折扣是给西班牙什么卡用的,见鬼啊,之前从未显示折扣适用条款,最重要的是信用卡付款检验后都显示最终成交价是S$596.07
    无语,流氓销售!
    [Travelgenio SL #2097393]

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] won't send me an invoice

I booked my flight ticket using travelgenio newzealand website. The travel was from welling to sydney and vice versa. I have paid 800$ for the tickets. I booked on 16th of november 2018. And today is 20th of november and they cannot send me an invoice till date.
On call customer support says they dont know jow many days it takes.
I have to claim this money with my company and without the invoice i cannot. So i want to complain this please send me the invoice as early as possible.

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 20, 2018

Hi Sriram, of course we can help you with your invoice. Please send a mail to [email protected] with your booking code and de details that should be mentioned in it and we will send it by mail asap. Regards

[Resolved] flight refund

Travelgenio booking Code: IKQNIU; Flight DI7016; Date:30/8/18; Departure from New York to London. Airline Code:DI/KKZH9A. This was a business class flight which airline Norwegian Air have stated is eligible for refund but needs to be done through our booking agent (Travelgenio). Travelgenio states that they need to be informed by airline (Norwegian Air) before refund can be done. Norwegian Air emailed giving instructions to Travelgenio on how do this in the system, we forwarded this to travelgenio. We constantly contact travegenio with no response.

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 18, 2018

Hi Paul06. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Ly
    lyan105 Nov 21, 2018

This agency is the worst ever!!! They try to profit from their scam!!

[Resolved] lack of help to change flight

Booking Ref. J6XJ6Z. I booked flights to Sydney from Dublin on 28th Dec . BA Changed the 1st flight time leaving us only an hour from when 1st plane should set down in Heathrow till next plane leaves. We are both pensioners and know this time is too short for us to make the connection.
BA have confirmed, often, that we are entitled to change the flight from Dublin free of charge, though Travelgenio have to request it. I have phoned Travelgenio many, many times and am told it would cost over 200euros each to change. The last email from them said BA would not change free. However BA have repeatedly confirmed that we are entitled to the change free of charge.
I am making this formal complaint because I have been so stressed by trying to get Travelgenio to make this easy change, free as the airline has stated.

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 09, 2018

Hi Marion. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] failure to take responsibility as the agent

travelgenio failed to take responsibility for an administrative error between them and the airline (South African Airways) unfortunately as the client I have paid the price as they have failed to acknowledge that they have a responsibility. They make it impossible to get answers through their customer service line then continually state they are processing the claim when in fact they are doing nothing. Travelgenio are a disgraceful organization that show no regard for customers. do not use this company.

• Updated by klynm · Nov 07, 2018

Pls be aware not to use Travelgenio under any circumstances, they will find any way possible to rip you off, they are a farce set up to take money from unsuspecting travelers. I have never come across some corrupt practices

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 08, 2018

Hi Klynm, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unable to contact customer service

I booked a return flight from Doha to Mumbai from Nov 4-14th but could not take it because of a death in the family and could not take the flight. I have been trying to call customer service from the UK-I get made to stay on the call for 20mins each time and then it gets cut, I never get to speak to a representative.
I urgently need advice from someone if I can get a refund from my ticket and can show a death certificate if required. My booking code is TUIGKZ

• Travelgenio's response · Nov 05, 2018

Hi RV89. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] never inform about reschedule of flight

Hi
Murali here, I have booked flight from Singapore to Chennai through your agency online, I suppose to travel morning 9 am from changi airport by air India flight to Chennai but when I have reached airport came to know that flight time has been rescheduled and that information I haven't receive through message or any email and I approach airport information service counter( air India ), they clearly explained that it's not the fault from air India because the ticket has been bought through travelgenio and contact information was them including contact number, so agency responsibility to inform me ...
Because of this issue today all my work schedule in home town collapsed, I am in complete stress and also I have wasted time and money for taxi too ..
please let me know what's the issue..
Thanks
Murali

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 30, 2018

Hi Murali, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

[Resolved] money return

Traveling from Larnaka to Thessaloniki and back, I booked to return to Larnaka on 5th of January 2019 with Cobalt Air. I booked this flight via TravelGenio 16/10/2018 and gave the number of a mastercard for the payment. On 18/10/2018 there was an official announsement that Cobalt Air is collapsed. On the same day TravelGenio took the money from the bank account. Almost a week later I don't know what it will be with my ticket and if TravelGenio will return back the money. The No +[protected] answer today after a long time waiting and said that they don't have any official notification from Cobalt! So they're still waiting from a collapsed company to respond!

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 24, 2018

Hi Christos, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

refunds

Ticket purchased Sth Africa to Australia and return - D7N28I - Communication has been by phone ((03) [protected]) as well as email to explain situation. Below conversations and a timeframe of emails sent from us to TravelGenio.

09 Sept '18 Advised TravelGenio incorrect name on ticket, requested change of name and refund for 1st ticket.
19 Sept '18 Requested confirmation of rebooking as had not been received.
21 Sept '18 Refund not yet processed, advised TravelGenio credit card stolen and required refund to account.
22 Sept '18 Emailed to advise reservation had not been received
24 Sept '18 Emailed Bank details

28 Sept '18 (Day of flight Sth Africa) Passenger Rozanne Paragon sent message stating ticket was not available. Colleen Gwynne (ticket purchaser) spent two hours attempting to contact TravelGenio consistently being put on hold and then disconnecting. Colleen Gwynne had not been charged for the 2nd ticket. Eventually contact was made directly to Sth Africa Airways who confirmed ticket had not been confirmed. To get passenger Paragon on flight another ticket was purchased directly with the airline. When passenger Paragon arrived at airport she was informed there was a double booking, airline had to cancel one booking for her to fly.

01 Oct '18 Communicated with TravelGenio Australia ((03) [protected]) who confirmed an issue with the ticket THEY had booked and that information was sent to Madrid office.

05 Oct '18 Emailed with Bank details, Swift number and Bank letter of new account for both refunds.
11 Oct '18 Emailed 2nd time with above details as TravelGenio stated they didn't receive
16 Oct '18 Emailed asking for update on refunds - no response
20 Oct '18 Emailed reiterating 1st refund still not showing and went through explanation again for 2nd ticket refund requirement.

Phone communication has been with Isabelle, Alexia, Virginia, Gadriela, Mayte, Gadriela, Alana, Angelo and again Alexia. All have stated that emails have been sent to head office in Madrid and no responses have been received. We were advised to ring Madrid office hours but, again, we spent another hour being put on hold and then being disconnected so unable to air our grievance directly with your head office..
Between being on hold until disconnection (majority of time) and pointless conversations with staff who are unable to supply information (aside from 'Head Office has all the information, there is nothing more I can offer you'), at least 14 frustrating hours have been wasted.

According to TravelGenio responses on the Complaints Board website you respond 'asap' to complaints. Before taking the step to post online our grievances with TravelGenio, we are making one last effort to give Madrid office the opportunity to respond and complete required refunds.

• Updated by klynm · Oct 26, 2018

Travelgenio and refusing to refund a ticket after I had to purchase a duplicate ticket as the first one contained a spelling mistake. They keep asking for further information and using delaying tactics. This has now been a month of constant phone calls and emails.

[Resolved] flight change

I recently booked from your site a ticket for a client of mine. It was from Athens to Larnaca at 10:00 am. The reservation mail came to him and wrote the amount of money that he had paid and that the flight was at 10:00. I even called your call center to reensure that everything was alright. Suddenly, my client calls me and says that the ticket came to his mail and the hour was different. Earlier on the same day. 1:00 am. He had another transport before and therefore he could only travel at 10:00. That's why I booked for that specific flight. I immediately called the airplane company and they told me that the booking was made by you not for 10 but for 1 in the morning. I tried to reach someone in your call center for over an hour and when I managed to talk he said that it was the airplane's company fault. I told him that I knew he was lying but I needed the ticket because my client had a meeting that had to attend. He made me pay 93 extra euros if I wanted to travel with the flight I had originally booked. I asked if I could speak with someone in charge but unpolitely refused. I eventually paid but no receipt ever came to me. I thought you were a trustworthy company but after all this, if I don't get my 93 euros back, for starters I will send to every travel site and magazine I know, a report about you and the way you perform, taking advantage of your costumers. I have all the evidence I need. Your fake reservation that wrote 10:00, the ticket for 1:00 and of course the second payment ensurement from the bank. You should be ashamed.

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 22, 2018

Hi Mixalis, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] duplicate booking cancelled by airlines and now travelgenio not refunding the money of duplicate booking.. its scam and fradulent

Family of three booked ticket from Geneva to Mumbai. Post first booking under Travelgenio ref: GQDHBH (airlines PNR: EANNJ2) message received that payment not gone through hence booking cancelled. Immediately again we booked and this was under Travelgenio ref: OZABDL (airlines PNR: JAFCSF). Subsequently to our surprise both tickets send by Travelgenio as confirmed and charged us double. Airlines system on verifying duplicate booking cancelled one booking i.e under PNR: EANNJ2. We contacted customer service of Travelgenio and Airlines. Both confirmed not to worry and you are eligible for full refund. Now inspite of over 5 months chase Travelgenio is declining refund and everytime pushing us to Airlines and Airlines not entertaining us since tickets booked through Travel agency. Travelgenio playing mischief since its intentions are fradulent and want to make money in between. Various excuses being given while they know if they wish they can process for full refund since no services availed against duplicate ticket. Being harassed for past 5 months though every time sympathy being shown but not acknowledging eligibility of full refund...

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 19, 2018

Hi Anita. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Kl
    klynm Oct 24, 2018

HI Anita, Did you have any success with TravelGenio? We are having a similar issue...

• Ly
    lyan105 Nov 21, 2018

Same thing happened to me!!! That is their strategy to profit!!! worst agency ever!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices