Menu
J
Author of the complaint
7:33 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’ve spent over two months trying to get my old number transferred to the new phone tracphone sent me and I’m still trying. I’ve had two sim cards sent to not counting the one that came with the new phone and it still doesn’t work. I’ve been on the phone over the last two months for over five hours trying to get this corrected to no avail. They forced me to buy an unlimited plan because that was why my new phone wasn’t working (according to their website help) and it still isn’t working. And now it looks like I’m out the $201.39 that I spent on that plan that I can’t use because the phone doesn’t work. This is beyond unacceptable. Once the minutes run out on this “new” phone I’m throwing it in the garbage and getting a regular phone from an actual provider. Maybe their help desk will at least speak English as their first language instead of talking to Pakistan or wherever they get these people from. I’ve had some that I couldn’t understand and have been hung up on numerous times after being on hold for extended lengths of time. If your phone works it’s a great service but if it doesn’t as this new one doesn’t then you’re screwed. Funny thing, they couldn’t get the new SIM cards to work in the upgraded phone but when I transferred the sim from the other phone that I bought to be able to still have a phone, the new upgraded phone works fine. But I don’t have the year of unlimited text and talk that they forced me to buy. They wanted to transfer the new unlimited plan to the number that I bought to have a phone but I would have lost the service plan that I was already using. So either way I’m out money for a forced upgrade that was supposed to be free. I’m going to talk to my bank about getting that unlimited charge returned but it’s been two months so I doubt that is going to work. I’m more than mad at all this. I have better things to do than sit on the phone for hours at a time and getting nothing accomplished. Do not use the online help that’s how I ended up with the unlimited plan that doesn’t work and probably never will. It’s not like I’m not computer savvy as I have a computer science degree so I know this shouldn’t be as hard as they’re making out to be.

More TracFone Wireless complaints & reviews

TracFone Wireless - unregistered sim problem fixed
TracFone Wireless - poor service!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
TracFone Wireless - tracfone not adding minutes after online purchase
TracFone Wireless - customer (chat) support
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
TracFone Wireless - fraud alert