TracFone Wireless Logo

TracFone Wireless

Having problems with TracFone Wireless?

9700 NW 112th Ave.
Sat8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 11:45 PM

Complaints & Reviews

customer service

I am a Christian man I swear upon the Holy Bible that the following is the truth, the whole truth and absolutely nothing but the truth.

This story is about the horrific experience my dying wife and I have had with Tracfone. Tracfone operates four brands of phones. Tracfone, Net10 Safelink and Straight Talk. All these companies use the exact same call centers and are handled by the exact t same people. This story applies equally to all four of these brands. All of these brands are under the control of Frederick J. Pollak, CEO who is personally responsible and liable for how his company treats its customers.

It is the worst customer experience we have have with any company in our whole life and I have dealt with thousand of companies, Tracfone is honestly and truly the worst. This experience is so unbelievable that I cannot even accurately describe it in words. The following is not a complete recounting, only highlighting some of this absolutely terrible experience.

This experience started approximately November 2011 when My wife Tracfone was stolen from her hospital bed. My wife is extremely sick in the hospital about to go under extremely risky surgery. The phone being stolen is of no fault Tracfone, but the experience to follow is.

As soon as it was discovered that the phone was stolen my wife immediately called your Tracfone customer service 1-800 number to have the phone DE-activated. Tracfone sent the call to someone in their India call center and after explaining the situation and asking for immediate DE-activation the call center representative claimed that the phone was DE-activated. The next day after calling the the stolen phones Tracfone number, it was determined that the phone was still active and accepting calls. My Wife again called the 1-800 number from her hospital bed and again the call went to Tracfone's India Call Center. My wife again requested to have the phone DE-activated. After the agent claimed the phone was DE-activated, I called the phone and it was still working. It took Tracfone's agent approximately 40 minutes and putting my wife on hold many, many times before the phone number stopped operating and went to the message “This party is not taking calls at this time”. Because the phone was not De-activated on the first call, the person who stole the phone used approximately 80 minutes from the purchase of minutes made several weeks earlier.

Trying to get a new Tracfone activated and the existing minutes transferred to the new phone is the start of the truly horrific experience. Tracfone's call center personnel absolutely positively do not listen to anything that a customer tells them and/or they do not understand the English Language. It is unbelievable that Tracfone ask people to press one for English and then send the call to agents that do not understand English. This is just one of the proofs of your incredible disgusting customer service.

I started by purchasing a new Samsung Tracfone from a local store on 11/26/11. I called Tracfone 1-800 number from the hospital while visiting my dying wife. My wife needs to call and talk with her relatives before her life threatening surgery. Since my wife is medically unable to preform the steps to activate the phone, I attempted to work with the agent to get the phone to operate so my dying wife could talk to her relatives. After working with Tracfone agents for one hour entering and re-entering codes into the phone the agents were unable to get the phone to activate. Due to the extremely strong Indian accent and the agents inability to speak English it was incredible difficult to have him speak the numbers clearly to enter into the phone. Time after time the codes had to be cleared and re-entered because the agent kept saying the wrong number sequence to enter into the phone. After the one hour spent on my cell phone eating up my cell phone minutes with your agent,
your agent determined that the new Tracfone I purchased was defective.
The Tracfone agent refused to accept me telling him that I was returning the phone to the store. Your agent demanded to me that he will send me a phone in the mail. I told him that I did not have the time to wait for you to send a phone and my dying wife needed a working phone immediately. The agent refused to listen to me the customer and demanded that he send me a phone in the mail. I did what I had to do to save the minutes on my wifes account and gave him the information he demanded after I had stated several times that I did not want a phone to be sent in the mail.

I returned the original phone that I purchased and got another of the same model of phone from the store On 11/27/11, again I called your 1-800 number to get the second new Tracfone activated so that my dying wife could call her family for possible her last words to them. I again spent 30 minutes on the phone with the India call center to try to get second Samsung Flip Phone activated. I again stated that I was trying to get a brand new phone activated that you did not have any record of this phone but your agent insisted on only the last four digits of the serial number of the phone. I explained again that this is a newly purchased phone that is not on the account. Your agent again insisted on the last four digits of the serial number. I again explained that this is a newly purchased phone. Again the agent insisted on only the last four digits on the serial number. After I finally relented and gave the last four digits to the agent, he then states the phone is not on the account.. Well Daaaaaaaa. I told him that five previous times. Apparently these Indians cannot understand English and have absolutely no ability to think on their own and can only read a script. This wasted at least five minutes. When he finally realized that he could not activate a phone on an existing account, I had to be transferred to a so called supervisor. After having to give the exact same information that I had spent at least 10 minutes giving to the previous agent. The so called supervisor again had me enter code after code to keep receiving error codes from your phone. Again after entering code after code and your phone giving various different error codes it was evident that you have a whole lot or a whole model that can not be activated.

Instead of me being able to spend time with my dying wife, knowing how important it is to her to speak to her family before passing, I now have to go out to a different store and purchase a third Tracfone. Upon calling your 1-800 number and going to your Indian call center, I first had the very unfortunate experience of talking to an agent claiming to be “Jaime” which I'm sure is a falsified name. I explained to him that I am activating a brand new phone on an existing account and this must be handled by a supervisor as was required on the previous call. I requested to be transfered to a supervisor, . This agent absolutely refused to transfer me. He demanded that I give him that last four digits of the serial number. Same script as the previous agent. After him telling me the phone is not on the account Daaaaaa. It's a brand new phone, I requested to be transfered to a supervisor. He again refused to transfer me to a supervisor. I literally repeated myself at least 20 times, no exaggeration, to be transferred and your agent continuously refused to transfer me. I spent at least five minutes requesting to be transferred and your agent continuously refused for at least five minutes. Finally I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor was able to activate the third phone (a different Samsung Model) through just the SIM card number. Upon activating the phone the supervisor refused to transfer the minutes on the account to the new phone. I told her that she must transfer the existing account minutes to the new phone, again she refused. I told this so called supervisor that I would immediately call my credit card company and put the Tracfone charge for the purchase of minutes in dispute and have the payment retracted from Tracfone. Then and only then did this so called supervisor transfer the existing account minutes to the new phone. This is absolutely reprehensible that I had to threaten you to get the minutes that I had purchased. This is a demonstration of Tracfone's extreme dishonesty and attempted fraud.

This example of the extreme disregard that Tracfone has for its customers, the worst customer experience ever inflicted onto its customers in the history of the world is reprehensible.

The time that you robbed from me and my wife from spending time together while she is dying in the hospital is unforgivable. I hold you Mr. Pollak personally responsible and liable for your decision to put your customer support in India where your agents can not even understand English or communicate with your customers in America, or have politeness to even listen to what the customers are telling your agents, or have any responsiveness to what the customer is telling them or fulfilling customer needs. As CEO it is your continuing decision to inflict your customers with agents that do not have a drop of humanity and subject them to this truly disastrous and horrific customer support from your India Call Center.

When the existing minutes are used up on this account, we will be permanently and forever be terminating our business with Tracfone.

It is now my life's destiny to tell everyone of how Tracfone treats my dying wife and of your company's complete disregard for its customers. I have many, many friends and family that will be terminating their business with Tracfone upon hearing of this experience.

I will be stopping everyone I see on the street and telling them of my family's experience with Tracfone. I will be posting my experience on as many message boards as I find.

After sending a letter to Frederick J. Pollak, CEO About this incident and the 3 hours of my time spent on the phone with Tracfone, The 80 minutes used up on my cell phone and the gas consumed by bringing back defective Tracfones to the store, Mr. Pollacks offer of compensation was a measly 100 Tracfone minutes that have a retail value of $6.20 and cost Tracfone absolutely nothing, so in essence Tracfone offered nothing in compensation and of course I did not accept the measly 100 minutes.

anygood providers? Dec 12, 2011

Check who the regulator is for telcom providers. In Canada we have the CRTC and the CCTS. Filing a complaint with them really has an impact on how you are treated. Your experience sounds awful but sadly, I had an experience with Rogers that was far worse. In Canada there do not seem to be any mobile providers that have good or trained customer service people period, excepting perhaps some regional providers that are not countrywide. If you do some research you'll see the same complaints, long hold times, followed by intentional disconnects, untrained staff, service issues, over billing, all of them treating customers like dirt right up to the point where you can leave them contract free and all strictly enforcing contracts many people don't understand. As to the personal liability of the CEO, I would be surprised. Companies are separate entities and he is not personally liable in my understanding. Faxes in general work better than phone calls for action, inconvenient perhaps but you have proof of communications or buy yourself a tape recorder and start taping those calls, they are!

• Mg
    mgth8118 May 07, 2012

The company did not refund my money sor the unused minutes for a prepaid card that was unble to use for a straight talk sell phone. The company refused to fix the problem. I am a disatisfied with the service and the merchandise. Don't buy from this company it is bogus!

• Ne
    nepa76 Jan 25, 2013

You are so totally correct. I've spent just about 10 hours in the past two days trying to get my "new" refurbished replacement phone that tracfone sent me activated properly, to no avail.

The very first person I spoke with got the "new" phone out to be in about a week. The nightmare started trying to get the phone activated with my current number, transfer my minutes and service time on my new account, and get my triple minutes for life plan back.

I was originally given a case number, with all my info attached, so it'll be simple to get everything settled. Not one call center rep or supervisor ever allowed me to give them this information. They never deviated from their script, not even when I told the one rep tonight that when trying to call out from my new phone it would take one minute of my airtime, then give me a recording that my cell phone was currently deactivated. When I told the rep this she then proceeded to ask me, twice, if I was calling from that cell phone. Idiots. Every person in that Indian call center has got to be an idiot. Not once did I ever get an American, but each one with a thick Indian accent whose name was Bob or Wendy.

After two days and hours upon hours on the phone my cell still isn't working. I have to spend another day tomorrow on the phone to India.

Again, like the original poster, when my minutes are up so is my dealing with any company related to tracfone. If I do choose another provider I'll be sure to call their customer service number before buying to make sure their reps are actually in America first.

• Un
    UnlimitedServiceNOtreallyUnlimited Mar 22, 2013

I have been using straight talk for over 2 years now and so has my husband. Just a few days ago my husbands Internet stopped working I called thinking it was not connecting but when i talked to them they said he used to much data? To much data? Isn't it UNLIMITED? Well they wouldn't quite answer my question but said they could not turn his Internet back on because he used too much data! Really So what does unlimited mean to them then?

• Do
    donsgirl Sep 23, 2013

I ordered a new phone that was suppose to work in my area code and it didn't. I too went through putting all their "codes" in until finally the rep was "defective" & agreed to send me a new phone in its place. When I received the email stating that the replacement phone was being shod, I noticed that they were replacing the defective phone with a refurbished phone. If I wanted a refurbished phone, I would have ordered a refurbished phone. Of course the refurbished one was in the mail and it was too late to stop it ! After much discussion, she finally agreed to send me a new & different model phone. She related that when the refurbished one arrived, I was to put it & the defective one in the shipping bag and call them and they would ship the new phone to me in 3 to 5 days. I called them and told them I was about to return both phones in the bag provided. This rep told me that was the wrong instructions bc each phone had to be mailed to different locations. When I told them I had had enough and wanted my money back including the balance of my mms. she told me I would not get a refund of any kind b/c I was not returning the phones correctly !! The refurbished phone still sits in my kitchen and I am still waiting for the replacement phone and additional shpg bag so I can send back the refurbished phone. Whenever I try to get info via their website, they claim the case number is not in their system. I dread calling them as it is impossible to understand a word they are saying. I have spoke to "margie", "john", "leandra" & most recently, "july". I am convinced that they are probably 2 ppl sitting in a little mud hut that change names everyday. It is obvious they have a script that they have been told to repeat over and over to customers. I believe everyone is entitled to have employment but if these US companies owned and operated by US citizens hire non-english speaking employees, it is incumbent upon them to educate them to speak and understand the english language so that they can perform their duties & not cheat the customer. It's obvious Mr. Proctor's priorities is to steal as much money as he can from unsuspecting customers & pay these people a few indian rupees.

• Cm
    Cmcontracting Nov 15, 2013

My name is Chris with cm contracting of Bethlehem Pa, and I'm adding to these complaints that back on September 23 I decided to use auto refill for both my business lines and the line delegated to all my business flyers for incoming calls. We at cm contracting we're wondering why we weren't getting anymore calls. I thought work was slowing down or something. Keep in mind I use this for incoming calls and have spent thousands of dollars to send this bulk mailing out. We'll! It was deactivated without our knowing, when this auto refill was set up I gave numerous numbers for contact info in case of a problem. I don't receive one call or text for that matter. We just realized that this happened on nov 12 th when somebody I know asked what was wrong with the phone number I provided on the flyer. I almost had a heart attack! I now have been trying to resolve this matter and they have the worst customer service skills I have ever experienced. I'm sick to my stomach. They are incompetent and are now, after they admitted they were wrong, now say to me we explained this to you. So very wrong they are, and transferred me to countless people. Hours and hours of lies, passing the buck to other people and not putting me in contact with the right people and they can't communicate properly. I was speaking to the Philippines, Guyana Africa, hondurous, Indiana, Mexico, Kentucky, Miami, Puerto Rico and who knows what other countries they had me talking to. Point, they said they were wrong and have not done anything about it. O btw, they have 3 call centers in the phillpines. I want to know what can be done about this. I have had it, and who is gonna replace all the money spent on these flyers that were prepared and sent out. I can be contacted at [email protected] . Ya know the people that received these flyers haven't been able to contact me, and all the wages lost due to that could range up to $10, 000-$250, 000. I have all the projected call volume and cash flow statements projected drone financial banking records. This really hurt me considering I was just starting out in business this year. I'm very angry. There is so much more involved. Somebody please contact me

• Cm
    Cmcontracting Nov 15, 2013

I guess I have to get an attorney for this because I'm currently on hold for 2 hours again for an operations manager, I have lost thousands and I want my money

• Sm
    smilezply May 05, 2014

> So first of all the let me start with hello.>I'm a nice person. But I've gota talk to someone About this cuz I'm getting walked on. :-/...
    > My name is Pennie Johnson... I'm just an average Joe. And I am getting thrown around by my tail and I'm begging u to help me.
    > So 2 months ago this all began. My bill is due in 3 days and to tell u the truth if I have to pay for another month I won't be remaining with net10, which sux cuz I do enjoy some of ur qualities as a company.
    > I bought and paid for a new SIM n 1 month service, unfortunately there was a problem with the activation with the card, I was on the phone for 1 hr with them the first time. N 3 hours on the pc trouble shooting my issue. They explained I had to go to target where I bought the card. So I did thatand the guest service lady spent 52 minutes on the phone explaining that their system was locked so she couldnt process an item that said activated on her side. They still did nothing. They gave me a fax number n requested I sent my reciept, the front, the back of the activation card and they gave me a reference number (that took 20 full minutes to retrieve) so that my case cud b reviewed. So I did that... NO RESPONSE at all and now my service is ending yet again and on still out 60.00 and now about 6 hours I've wasted ... Begging and pleading for what I paid for 2 full months ago. I have 4 kids. I can't even afford a phone. And then to lose my #.
    > At this point to me ... I think I'm owed more then just my months service. Cuz this has been a mess and u really need to speak to ur customer reps. Cuz I kno of 2 other people this same things happened to. Right in my home town.. I can just imagine how often this same problem arises else where...

2092246708

Pennie johnson

• Tg
    Tgdowski Jul 30, 2014

Hi. I purchased a straight talk phone in Jacksonville, N.C. at Walmart. I explained to the woman there that I would be going from N.C. to Bowling Green, KY for the birth of my grandson and was showed and assured that it was in the coverage area. I used my phone for one week haven't been able to use it since. There was NO SERVICE COVERAGE for this phone there. I came to my sister's house in MD on July 27, 2014 and bought a minutes card. I then started the nightmare of your customer service. I called 6 times Sunday and spent hours trying to get assistance. I was told by "Mary" a supervisor to give her the pin number off the card and it would be fine. I told her I was reluctant to and she assured me it was the only way to fix the issue. I did and followed her instructions of calling * 22890 and it would activate my phone. It didn't and I called back like she said. I have been told several things by the agents. I am SOOO UPSET and have never experienced anything like this ever in my life. I looked online and found the number 305.640.2000 called yesterday afternoon spoke to the only helpful person. Unfortunately I didn't write her name down. I told her I would call back today with a phone that had a "G" and she assured me everything would be remedied. I called back and the first person I spoke to said I never called yesterday. She was SOO rude and condescending I asked for her manager. She transferred me to a Kim's voice mail. In the meantime the voice mail beeped and I was cut off. I called back and asked for the manager voice mail and explained I didn't think the number was left on the voice mail. But the woman wouldn't let me speak to a manager. She was even nastier to me. I then called back and told the next person I wanted a manager and left a voice mail and am waiting on the call back. I have worked customer service for over 12 years myself and I was trained for world class customer service. And I have not experienced anything close to it except for the one person I spoke to yesterday afternoon. BTW when I called today the second time the woman said it was noted I had called yesterday. PLEASE contact me at 240.920.8526 and I do not want to deal with your customer service I want to speak with someone in upper management or Mr. Pollak himself. Thank you.

• Lo
    LovetoLove Aug 08, 2014

I wanted to reactivate my TracFone phone that was not used for a long time and wanted to keep the old phone number. I was on the chat with this link http://bit.ly/18WfOoC which took me a little time to get it working. I am glad that I was being assisted well. Happy Camper!!

• Re
    Readywriter Oct 15, 2014

Agree with HORRIBLE customer service. Have 2 notebooks full of dates, people and promises and still nothing. HOWEVER, I thought they were in India until I asked. They said they are in the Philippines.

• Br
    Brushstrokes by Nancye Jan 16, 2015

I'm having the same trouble as everyone else. Have had great service for years and now when I would like to update to a new phone, nothing works. My account has been abolished, and I've lost all the minutes that I just, recently, bought. So discussed. I'm through with this company and like others I'm telling everyone that I know.

• Au
    auto741 Mar 09, 2015

what a day, 6 hrs. on home land line with total wireless trying to set up 2 cell phones. their customer service is a total joke, they are out of the country [ usa] and do not care will hang up on you if you get upset because they do not care about customers feelings. this co. will not last long if we refuse to put up with this. after all this still no phone, back to wall mart for a complete refund [ will demand it ]

• Be
    benghosh1 Aug 25, 2015

Dear CEO:
    Take NOTICE that pursuant to Indiana Trail Rule 4 and applicable local rules of Hendricks County Indiana Court system, we intend to file a suit against you and other parties. This notice will also serve as a Demand Notice for punitive, exemplineary and actual damages, attorney’s fees, court costs and other related cost in excess of $110, 000.00.
    Enclosed please find an order history which I have obtained from my account in your website in exhibit “1.”. On July 4, 2015, you were paid $65.72 by Barclay Bank’ Master card to stacking renewable pins for 5 telephone lines with variable renewal dates. See exhibit “ 2.”
    On August 4, 2015, you disconnected our telephone lines without notice. On repeated contact with your customer service by ‘chat-on-lines’ and by phones by myself and by my daughter, you alleged that you have disconnected the telephone lines due to credit card fraud. On August 4, 2015, we contacted our credit card company by phone and on their website of my account, we found no fraud and you have been paid $65.72. I have asked the credit card company to further investigate your allegations.
    You advised us to buy reloadable pins from your page plus dealers. We spent about $153.00 to have our lines reinstated for another months on the top of $65.72 that we paid you on July 4, 2015.
    Wherefore. we are asking you that you satisfy our demand notice by paying $110, 000.00, and make sure that our telephones are never disconnected without a court order.
    If you fail to satisfy out demand within seven (7) calendar days, we will be forced to file a lawsuit in Hendricks County, Indiana.
    We have contacted your customer service on –line and expressed our interest to file a suit if the matter is not resolved and you have failed to act in good faith.

Sincerely,

• Ru
    Ruth Johnston Oct 31, 2015

I bought my Trac Phone at Walmart April 2015 and went back to Canada for 6 months. When we came back to Florida this winter my phone said it had been deactivated. Went to Walmart and spent 1 hour on the phone with someone who claimed she was a supervisor. I had 1084 minutes and not due until May 8 2016. She said my phone had been reported stolen and they sent a new phone to someone unknown. Not my Florida address. Not sure why they take information if they can't use a computer to check or send an email. Told me I had to have a new sim card which I received this week. Took it to Walmart and the girl spent with me on the phone to trac phone over 1 hour again. This time the genius on the other end took away all my minutes and it now says I have 1 day of service. When I said if they can take away minutes they should be able to put them back. Latest story is they gave me a 1 800 number and said I have to wait 72 hours then talk to a manager and explain what happened and I might get my minutes back. I wonder if Mr. FREDERICK J POLLAK had this service if he would be satisfied or does he care that he has incompetent employees who give lousy service. I would like his address so that I could write to him directly. Maybe then there would be some satisfaction so if anyone knows his phone number or address I would love t get it. Ruth Johnston

• Tw
    TWT Feb 03, 2016

Don't buy an Alcatel Tracfone because Tracfone can not activate them. I have bought 2 of them lately. I charged them and turned them on. The screen says "SIM Lock Code-1". There is no sim lock code. When I phone Tracfone Technical they don't have a clue on what to do. They sent me 2 new SIM cards that don't fit the phone. Don't buy Alcatel tracfones.
    Terry
    239-558-8011

• Xi
    Xierra Feb 19, 2016

Hey! I used to have a lot of issue with my phone. I looked online for a solution since Straight Talk's customer service is poor and bad. I found this contact information that helped me a lot. My phone issues were taken care of immediately, without frustrating me. Try it also. The email address is [email protected] You may also chat with them live for faster assistance at http://bit.ly/18WfOoC.

• Me
    Merica L Mar 02, 2016

I have a complaint against Total Wireless, which is a subsidiary of Tracfone. After each renewal of minutes every month and prior to the minutes running out or ending I receive texts. These texts come in at all hours of the day, including after midnight. As our phones are expected to do is to notify us when there is a text. I leave my volume on my cell phone up loud because sometimes I am in another room, during the daytime, and need the volume up loud. I called and asked to speak to someone who can give the suggestion to whomever has the control and ability to set the automated notifications in regard to the time zones, so they are not sending these messages in the middle of the night waking me up. I spoke to a Senior Manager & said she was only able to give her first name & give her Manager's first name & cannot give out their last name nor telephone numbers to any one in upper management. So my complaint stopped there.

Margaret Baskin May 23, 2016

I recently received a text from Tracfone that they were upgrading from 2G to 3G and that my Samsung 2G will soon not work. When I called them, they said they would send me a replacement phone. My Samsung is a triple minute, slider with qwerty keyboard. The replacement phone I received is a flip phone, double minutes, abc keyboard that you have to press the key 2-3 times to get to the letter you want when sending a text. I called back on 5/13/16, explained that the phone I received was NOT comparable to the one that I have and was told that they would check the warehouse and send me a comparable phone that I should receive it by 5/20/16. When I did not receive it, I called back on 5/23/16 and was told that the original replacement phone that I had received was the only one available. Mind you, I have been a Tracfone customer for 20+ years. Through the years I have upgraded from the flat phone...to the Motorola V170 flip phone... to the Samsung. I upgraded to the Samsung for the triple minutes and the qwerty keyboard which makes it much easier to text. Now Tracfone has reverted me back to the stone age and costing me money because they are UPGRADING THEIR SYSTEMS. I AM VERY UNHAPPY AND TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT IT!!!

• Bm
    bmiller998 May 29, 2016

I been with trac fone for over 10 years and loved the service recently I was told I had to upgrade to a 3g phone and would be sent one comparable and was sent a very cheap phone so I went out to purchase a comparable phone when I activated it I noticed they only transferred 171 minutes of the 828 I had when I called back was told they couldn't transfer minutes from an inactive phone even though they just deactivated it less then an hr ago and I would just lose the minutes so once my 171 minutes are done I will be switching to a new carrier for service trac fone is a rip off and I will tell everyone I know to stay away from them and to go with some one else for service

• Dp
    dpboss44 Jun 06, 2016

First of all, the LG Treasure L51AL that HSN is offering is a fantastic offer. I received my Treasure on Thursday, June 2nd and fully charged it. I went to Tracfone earlier and obtained my minutes, text and MB data amounts including when my Service expired as I wanted to make sure that everything was transferred including my old Tracfone phone number.
    1. First mistake I did was use the Tracfone online transfer process Thursday night, June 2nd. I didn't want to deal with Tracfone customer service as had problems understanding them due to the language and my hard of hearing. Everything was going well but when nothing showed up on my new phone on June 3rd I made the dreaded call to Tracfone customer support. Things started to get better, they got my phone number to show up on my new L51AL and said the all the minutes be on the phone and told me to retry in about an hour to see if they were added - not.

2. Now the nightmare begins. I finally have the HSN advertised 1350 minutes, 1350 text and 1350 MB data loaded. I did not have the 4598 minutes, 5209 text or 5273.21 MB data from my old phone. Computing what this equates to would be about $420 dollars. I called Tracfone customer service and after a total runaround and over an hour on the phone asked to speech with a manager, what a joke. The manager stated that the information on my old phone was gone and the office that verifies the information has stated I didn't have any minutes, text or MB data on my old phone. I said "of course not my old phone including telephone is inactive since Tracfone wiped it out, not me. I stated I have a copy of the minutes, etc. with date done from June 2nd to proof I did have the amount and asked to speak with someone higher than her and she said the decision was final and I would not be getting the loss minutes, text or MB data.
    I have read most of the reviews about the Treasure L51AL and the number one complaint is the lack of Tracfone customer service. I have had about a dozen Tracfone and this is the first time that I am totally upset with this purchase. HSN has been a provider of Tracfone for years and after reading just the reviews for the Treasure L51AL phone it is apparent that HSN does not care about after sales support. HSN needs to take responsibility for Tracfone lack of customer support and become involved with making sure the customer is treated honestly and fair. I cannot return the Treasure L51AL because I do have it working and the minute, etc. that were offered by HSN.

HSN - this is unacceptable, I am completely outraged that I am out the 4598 minutes, 5209 text or 5273.21 MB data from my old phone which equates to about $420 dollars.

• Ca
    Care_Bear1999 Jun 06, 2016

When I had minutes on my phone my parents said that they texted me and called and I did not receive it and I always got in trouble because I did not answer them this service was good but I'm gonna have to leave it

• Xi
    Xierra Jun 11, 2016

I see so many people complaining on here, but I don’t think you guys are going to the right people to get help. My whole family has a TracFone. Every time something is wrong with it, we send an email to this address and the people working these emails are wonderful. Try it. The email address is [email protected] Send them your name, cell phone number or serial number and they will help you or you can chat with them live @ http://bit.ly/18WfOoC.

• Bi
    bigdaddio99 Jul 30, 2016

I am officially done with Straight Talk after my phone plan is up! I have been dealing with issues with a phone I bought in March! When I added air time in May, STRAIGHT TALK told me there was an issue with the phones system update! At that time, I was told we would be emailed a return slip to send phone back! Weeks went by and called back AGAIN and was told was sent an email again! Weeks went by and then was FINALLY told they had wrong email! EVERY time I called they couldn't find the info and then after 30 minutes of trying and transferring to numerous people they found it! FINALLY, they send me out a return box to send messed up phone back and told 5 business days and would receive it! As of July 31st 2016, 15, business days later, STILL NO PHONE! I told them NUMEROUS times I wanted a refund only to be told the phone was shipped out! I am done with them and they refuse to refund my $120 for the phone and $48 for my phone plan and keep blaming Walmart! DO NOT USE OR SWITCH TO STRAIGHT TALK AS THEY WILL RIP U OFF, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY, CANT UNDERSTAND THEM MOST OF TIME, AND THE PROCESS NEVER ENDS! As I type this I noticed Mr Pollack passed away in May so who is running this circus now? I think Walmart needs to be made aware of these HORRIBLE COMPANIES CUSTOMER SERVICE and let them know these companies BLAME Walmart for the issues or problems and say Walmart must refund me!

• Ke
    Keilana Aug 13, 2016

Because I really connot afford a contact phone, I have used Tracfone for at least 8 years. Seems they have improved customer service wise until recently. Buy a simple talk and text and it's good to go, but their androids and the service that goes with it is abominable. A few months ago I bought an android and it never rang. All calls went to voice mail. Just wanted it to ring, phone constantly buzzing with notifications which I thought I had turned off. Never was able to use phone for calls so gave up and used for camera. Received an option for 2g migration, supposedly upgrading system, and this LG they sent me is worse!!!. Was told they would senf me a new sim card so I could make calls. After the arrival of the sim card, I have been able to do nothing but take photos. No calls, no message, no ability to reset. Customer service is totally useless if you have a severe problem. I don't want to spend hours taking out the battery & sim card to no avail. I'm sorry that I have so many minutes to waste because I can't use phone and they can't help. I will never get a smart phone from tracfone again because their service is dumb. I don't like to criticize business but they are not providing me with service that helps, only frustrates and wastes my time.

James56 Dec 28, 2016

I'm having exactly the same problems that everyone else is reporting with TRACFONE. This company needs to be investigated by the U.S. Justice Department and shut down.

If I ever get them to activate this phone, I will use up my 3, 000 minutes if I have to call people halfway around the world that I don't know, and then trash this phone. Before I put money down on a new cell phone carrier, I will call their customer service department and see how responsive they are.

NEVER, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH TRACFONE. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS.

• Bu
    Bud Long Sep 29, 2017

TO: Frederick J. Pollak your tecks need better training. i had called the 1 800 number for help about my phone but while waiting for a call back i got my phone working right but had found out that i con't get in my tracfone account. it sad the it was not there and i tried again it sad that my info was not right so i marked forgot password it had sad that it was sent but never was i did it again and again . same same . then i got a call back i told them what was going on got no where with the tec got a supper got no where. soo bad i told them i was going to verizon after a hr i finally got a password email and i got in. but tecs should know what a phone is and what the web is !!!

• Ru
    Ruth McGee Feb 05, 2019

I sympathize with each of you and I can see why they are rich. They live off the money of other people who can't afford to lose it. I brought a phone for my granddaughter at Christmas. I went to Walmart in January to pay for more minutes on her phone and told the salesperson that I wanted to put $100 on her phone. He gave me the $100 gift card to purchase but both he and I were unaware that the $100 gift card is for 4 lines. When my daughter-in-law told me that I need to add more money we both called them and explained that it was an honest mistake on my part and the sales persons part and could they please credit her phone for the remaining balance of $70. The answer was NO, but we could purchase 3 other devices with the remaining money on the card. Why would I do that. Their closing comment was "you will need to add money to her phone in two weeks to keep it activated" How rude and inconsiderate can you be? Any other company would have worked with me to correct the error. Total Wireless (aka Total Ripoff) should be ashamed, but I know they're not.

service/customer service

Do not expect cell service if you port a number into your tracfone. Made at least 5 calls before porting home number into cell — to cover all bases wrong? More than 7 days has passed, being charged still by home phone carrier and service days are ticking away on cell but can not use either phone. Customer service might as well be automated operators because they keep repeating the same lies. Sim card has been mailed — how — air mail — by who — fed x — tracking number none available. How stupid do they think their customers are? Pretty stupid. Time has rolled back to pony express from timbuktu!!! Won't say exactly when mailed, by who, tracking number is not available — because it has not been sent!!! Received email at 12:03am from att stating port complete, had cell service in bound and out — then tracfone deactivated current sim card on their end at 8:30am. Again no service anywhere. I either get a tech that says "however" every second word or someone that says they understand, but pretty much — tuff — you got no service, we have you service days and guess what if it takes 7 days — 7 more days — 2-3 more days and now up to 30+ days, who really cares but you. I am beyond frustrated & mad. Up tier supervisiors is just the same. I literaly asked the supervisior if they are all trained the same to tell the lies repeatly and I was told yes. The only truth I probably received in the last 30 days.

• Do
    Donnie Vashir Oct 28, 2011

I have had a Tracfone for some years. I have not had this trouble, but I will beware if it happens.

• Du
    Dunnes_Hundchen Mar 09, 2012

Hi, this is JC with TracFone Wireless. I read your post and am sorry that you are having problems. Please send me your contact information to the following email address [email protected] . My colleagues and I can help you get the problem resolved right away. Please include your name, phone serial number or cell phone number. So you don’t have to retype this information, just copy your blog concern and email it to us.

non existent service

Tracfone offers very cheap service and non existent customer service. When you eventually have a problem you will spend approximately 6 hours on the phone being told how sorry Tracfone is, entering codes and relaying codes and then being told you have no complaint that the phone is working. I have had Tracfone for 2 years now and I'm switching ASAP, I paid for service, the phone was not updated and Tracfone continues to tell me the minutes were added, I've finally given up.

• Be
    Ben Jul 29, 2009

Since 18 May 09 when for no reason my phone was deactivated I have had nothing but problems with this company. The phone was for business and was listed in advertising. When they finally reactivated the phone they had changed the number. "We're sorry for any inconvenience". Then I discovered the phone wasnt recieving calls. Again they changed the phone number on me. Customer service is basically noexistent because all they can say is "We're sorry for any inconvenience." I have no idea how much this company has cost me in lost business but my advice to anyone considering a Tracfone purchase is "DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM TRACFONE.

• Co
    Cooee Oct 05, 2011

I also have had a positive experience with their customer service. I dug out a pretty old Tracfone to load minutes onto but it was no longer on their current list of models so I could not load them. I actually put off calling until I had a free hour to waste on the phone because I expected it would be a dreadful ordeal but it was anything but an ordeal! Someone answered in a timely manner and stayed with me. I wasn't put on hold forever. The rep did have an accent but he spoke excellent English that I had no trouble understanding. He was pleasant and knew what the problem was and how to fix it. He offered to send me a new card to update the old phone so it could get on the system and he followed through. I did not have to buy a new phone! We have since added two more Tracfones and have had no problems with any of them.

• Ro
    robertbreischdesign Nov 05, 2011

For over a month I have tried and tried and tried to resolve issues with these idiots.I cant access my voice mail and the instructions are ###! The customer service are located in the Philippines and all are idiots none have a clue.You have to have 2 phones to set up your voice mail! They keep saying we will fix it but dont do anything.Dont buy a tracfone as they are liars and committing fraud as we speak. Here is what I had to say to them to get a response from management-which still was worthless! Luis, You may want to research this: According to United States Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 47 > § 1038 Prev | Next § 1038. False information and hoaxes How Current is This? (a) Criminal Violation.— (1) In general.— Whoever engages in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information under circumstances where such information may reasonably be believed and where such information indicates that an activity has taken, is taking, or will take place that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111 (A) be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both; TITLE 15 > CHAPTER 2 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 53 Prev | Next § 53. False advertisements; injunctions and restraining orders How Current is This? (a) Power of Commission; jurisdiction of courts Whenever the Commission has reason to believe— (1) that any person, partnership, or corporation is engaged in, or is about to engage in, the dissemination or the causing of the dissemination of any advertisement in violation of section 52 of this title, and (2) that the enjoining thereof pending the issuance of a complaint by the Commission under section 45 of this title, and until such complaint is dismissed by the Commission or set aside by the court on review, or the order of the Commission to cease and desist made thereon has become final within the meaning of section 45 of this title, would be to the interest of the public, the Commission by any of its attorneys designated by it for such purpose may bring suit in a district court of the United States or in the United States court of any Territory, to enjoin the dissemination or the causing of the dissemination of such advertisement. Upon proper showing a temporary injunction or restraining order shall be granted without bond. Any suit may be brought where such person, partnership, or corporation resides or transacts business, or wherever venue is proper under section 1391 of title 28. In addition, the court may, if the court determines that the interests of justice require that any other person, partnership, or corporation should be a party in such suit, cause such other person, partnership, or corporation to be added as a party without regard to whether venue is otherwise proper in the district in which the suit is brought. In any suit under this section, process may be served on any person, partnership, or corporation wherever it may be found. (b) Temporary restraining orders; preliminary injunctions Whenever the Commission has reason to believe— (1) that any person, partnership, or corporation is violating, or is about to violate, any provision of law enforced by the Federal Trade Commission, and (2) that the enjoining thereof pending the issuance of a complaint by the Commission and until such complaint is dismissed by the Commission or set aside by the court on review, or until the order of the Commission made thereon has become final, would be in the interest of the public— the Commission by any of its attorneys designated by it for such purpose may bring suit in a district court of the United States to enjoin any such act or practice. Upon a proper showing that, weighing the equities and considering the Commission’s likelihood of ultimate success, such action would be in the public interest, and after notice to the defendant, a temporary restraining order or a preliminary injunction may be granted without bond: Provided, however, That if a complaint is not filed within such period (not exceeding 20 days) as may be specified by the court after issuance of the temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction, the order or injunction shall be dissolved by the court and be of no further force and effect: Provided further, That in proper cases the Commission may seek, and after proper proof, the court may issue, a permanent injunction. Any suit may be brought where such person, partnership, or corporation resides or transacts business, or wherever venue is proper under section 1391 of title 28. In addition, the court may, if the court determines that the interests of justice require that any other person, partnership, or corporation should be a party in such suit, cause such other person, partnership, or corporation to be added as a party without regard to whether venue is otherwise proper in the district in which the suit is brought. In any suit under this section, process may be served on any person, partnership, or corporation wherever it may be found. (c) Service of process; proof of service Any process of the Commission under this section may be served by any person duly authorized by the Commission— (1) by delivering a copy of such process to the person to be served, to a member of the partnership to be served, or to the president, secretary, or other executive officer or a director of the corporation to be served; (2) by leaving a copy of such process at the residence or the principal office or place of business of such person, partnership, or corporation; or (3) by mailing a copy of such process by registered mail or certified mail addressed to such person, partnership, or corporation at his, or her, or its residence, principal office, or principal place or business. The verified return by the person serving such process setting forth the manner of such service shall be proof of the same. (d) Exception of periodical publications Whenever it appears to the satisfaction of the court in the case of a newspaper, magazine, periodical, or other publication, published at regular intervals— (1) that restraining the dissemination of a false advertisement in any particular issue of such publication would delay the delivery of such issue after the regular time therefor, and (2) that such delay would be due to the method by which the manufacture and distribution of such publication is customarily conducted by the publisher in accordance with sound business practice, and not to any method or device adopted for the evasion of this section or to prevent or delay the issuance of an injunction or restraining order with respect to such false advertisement or any other advertisement, it goes on and on and on-much like my attempts to fully utilize the services advertised by your company! It still does not work! I missed 2 important messages this am and cant access either! Your employees are poorly trained-I have heard the following from each> my password is > my entire phone # is the default password > the last 6 digits of my phone # is the password > the last 4 digits is my password > press the 1 key to set up my password-I have heard that 6 times-its all BS! as without a password you cant gain access! I tried over and over and over and it never worked. In my attempts to access my hotmail on the phone-it wont work either. Do you require employees to be trained? Do you use individuals outside the USA to save money or generate lawsuits against Tracfone? I see you are in Miami-do I send the subpena to you to appear in court? Its a long flight from Florida to Seattle-then a nice drive to the court house-for the cost of all that I suggest you simply send me another matching phone with free service as i have wasted over 400 minutes talking to those idiots in the Philippines who obviously have no correct training and refused to connect me to any manager. As a consumer who read your advertising on the internet & at Walmart for your services and read the advertising on the box that the phone is shipped in-it was my belief that I had access to voice mail when in fact-without having 2 phones-I cannot access any voice mail.That is fraud. I have no intention of wasting any more minutes on my monthly service trying to resolve this. I have several options to fully resolve this to my satisfaction 1. create a video showing my attempts to gain access to my voice mail and post it on youtube for the entire world to view and decide on not buying your phones or falling for your false advertising-my last video on that service got thousands of hits. 2. Just calling my friends at KING5Investigates our local news in Seattle and let Jessie expose you on CBS news so all consumers can avoid being ripped off by Tracfone and StraightTalk 3. Allow you to communicate to me and see if it is actually possible without me buying another phone, or finding a payphone and racking up another $20 in fees to gain access or flagging down some fool on the highway to see if they are willing to allow a long distance call to the Philippines to try to resolve this-Personally-I would never help anyone I dont know this way as there are so many frauds out there trying to pull a scam on you..like tracfone, straight talk etc Therefor: I demand replacement of all costs associated with the utilization of this cellphone, and or costs associated with the purchase of a similar phone with another carrier that works in my area, full reimbursement of all monthly fees at treble the damages of my expenses to communicate with your company and loss of time in minutes, internet, etc as a majority has been spent trying to setup this service. Its is entirely possible that I picked up a defective unit simply by chance still since its impossible to set up voice mail without a second phone-your still guilty of consumer and wire fraud.Who wants to be held responsible? Just supply me with that persons name, business license information-so I can ask the Dept of Licensing in Washington State to suspend or revoke permissions to advertise, display, promote, or sell all Tracfones or Straight Talk services in our state. May I suggest you forward this to the CEO of your company to resolve it as you did not even bother calling me? It shows you could care less-youd rather have consumers file suit than provide customer services. Better yet-I think I'll do some research and find the corporate officers and forward this to them and post this up at Boeing's main building ( largest by volume in the world ) in Everett so all the 26, 000 employees who pass the complaint board each day can avoid this mistake i made by choosing your product and ### services! It looks like I can communicate directly with > Mr. F. J. Pollak Chief Executive Officer and President Mr. Kevin Gulbranson Senior Vice President of Product Management Mr. Steve Ritter Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing Do you suppose they will be upset to learn your employees caused all this or that you took no effort to resolve it?

they have ripped me off by deactivating my phones for no reason and changing my phone number for no reason

Tracfone is a wireless service provider in the USA. They have ripped me off by deactivating my phones for no reason and changing my phone number for no reason. Their customer service is really non existant becaus they do nothing to help except say they are sorry for any problems. The problem is it was a business number listed in advertisements and with 2 number changes in a month and a half there is no way to place a price on what they have cost me.

I would advise anyone asking, DO NOT USE TRACFONE.!

bad service

My tracphone seervice is getting really bad. For the past few months my phone says searching, please wait, no service or right now it says emergency only. I have over 200 minutes on my phone and the expiration date is the latter part 2011. I need my cell phne to work all the time, not just at their convenience. I cannot call their service numbver from a pay phone and I do not have a land line. When I do call on someone else'a phone, I always get a lady with some a thick accent that I cannot always understand what she is requesting, and she cannot understand what I am saying to her. Why can't this company work as well as other services. I live about 1/2 from a cell phone tower.

• Ra
    radioman181 Jul 11, 2011

You Have a bad cell phone.. I had the same problem . Turns out that the quality control on Tracphones are not the greatest and many have receiver problems.
    GEt yourself a new phone.

tech support

I bought a Tracfone about a month ago. I know that was my first mistake! I had trouble right off with the service.
From that point I spent about an hour and a half every day for almost a month trying to get it corrected. I’ve never talked to a group like tracfone techs before who is so good at lying cheating and in essence stealing from whomever they talk with.
If this group of people believes in KARMA, as a group, as a civilization they’re doomed, because their KARMA is black and dying.
I’ve since got rid of the tracfone and I feel much better, now that I’m no longer sharing their souls darkness.
All I can say is, if you’re thinking Tracfone or every get a Tracfone, run away screaming. Your soul may depend on it.
I'm Feeling Much better now,
John

• Rc
    R C Littlefield Feb 17, 2010

When I recieved a new tracfone I tried to activate it on line. When the website failed to credit all 1382 minutes currently on my contract, I called customer svc to have the new phone activated. All the old minutes were transfered to the new phone but the phone was not activate untill the next day. The next day, when I began recieving calls for someone other than me, I realized that they had put someone elses number in my phone!!! Now, a week later, six hours of telephone time with their useless tech. support people, I still do not have my old number restored to my new phone. Each time I call they tell me that it will be fixed in 24 hours and that I should be patient. I believe that I have been patient long enough. I have sent numerous e-mails . only to be placated again to be patient. The responce to my situation has been the worst customer service that I have ever encountered.

"free" over-night shipping

On their web site they offered the lg420g for $19.99 with lifetime double minutes and free over-night delivery if ordered before 6/22/2011. The site did say that you couldn't expect over-night if you ordered on the weekend. One would assume that was because they don't process orders on the weekend and that one's order would be processed monday and the phone delivered on tuesday. But no! Because I ordered my phone on sunday (1:15am) tracfone is not obligated to send my phone by "over-night" and are not shipping it until wednesday and I should get it thursday. Monday, when they told me this, they wouldn't just cancel my order and let me re-order so as to get the phone on tuesday. I was on hold for over 90 minutes after speaking to a human for the first time.

phone didn't ring

When you buy a phone, you expect to be able to make calls and rcv calls. I bought this LG TracFone, called customer svc to activate it, which took 20 minutes, and flew across the country to use it on vacation. First, the phone wouldn't make outgoing calls, so I spent another 20 minutes with customer svc to fix that. Then I discover that the phone doesn't ring! People can only leave text messages. Customer Service said that I had to call from ANOTHER phone to fix this, but I was on vacation and this was my only phone. Got back, complained that I didn't have a working phone for my vacation. Too bad, no refunds. Something that should be so easy became sooo complicated. Not a satisfied customer!

tracfone's sales tactics

The company tracfone, deliberately makes is impossible for their customers who wish to buy airtime, online... Instead, tracfone forces their customers to call them, to purchase airtime. This way, tracfone forces the customer to go through a long, air-winded speech, by their employees. - who ultimately are required to try to up-sell more minutes, to the customer!!!
This has been going on, for months! And, I wish more attention was put on this company, regarding this terrible, sales tactic that tracfone, continuously get away with!!!

worst service I have ever encountered

I have been a loyal tracfone customer for around 5 years. Perhaps because they were cheap and seemed easy with no contracts... Well sometimes folks I guess you get what you pay for. To put it into perspective... i have bought so many minutes from this forsaken company that I have my airtime membership until 2048!

I have run into countless problems adding minutes and not having them appear on my phone, bad reception, and hours and hours and hours of on-hold time to their customer service center. I like to be loyal to companies I really do... but I have had enough. Hopefully this rebuke steers some of you away from the same.

Just today I tried to add more minutes to my phone from an airtime slip and "the network was busy" I tried again... the same. and again and again. Finally tried online. Hurrah minutes accepted. However no mins on my phone. Called the service center (keep in mind this has happened the last three times I purchased minutes) was put on hold 8 times taken off of hold and to ask if I could continue to hold. After 20 minutes I got so frustrated that I hung up.

Well the stubborn person I am... lol... I called back to get to the bottom of the matter, and hopefully a different operator that could actually help. . . well . . . long story a tad bit shorter... It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to resolve the issue which was accomplished by typing codes into their product (basically programming their malfunctioning product for them. I have done this on so many occasions that I actually lead their operators to start giving ME the codes when they are ready!) It turns out they did approve my minutes this time... they just gave them to a completley different phone that was in no way associated with me. The operator told me that there was nothing they could do about it and I started talking lawyer... funny... things changed pretty quickly after that.

Look. These are cheap phones and I only spent a bit of money on those minutes but principle should mean something. The days of the handshake and returning a defective or poor quality product seem to be fading. There are other cheap phones out there without binding contracts. I URGE you folks, try one of those. I know I will.

Thanks for letting me vent.

regards

• Ev
    Evie Wms Jun 18, 2013

I am on the line with Tracfone for the second time in 24 hours simply trying to obtain a transfer of my current phone number from Net10 a distributor of Tracfone. Once again I am given the 'run around' since I will not allow myself to be 'ripped off' by this company. Placed on hold and the rep deliberately allowed the phone not to be placed on hold but left the line open and proceeded to use disruptive tactics (loud sounds that resembled ruffling paper, voices from other that appeared to be coming from a radio of some sort), all while because I asked to speak to her superior.
    I have had this backup phone # for 2 years ( I AM A LOYAL VERIZON customer; almost 30 years for my primary services, thank you!)

The 'rip off' began when I purchased a LG 500G tracfone in June, 2011 from Walmart. In March, 2012 the charger port failed to work, which caused me not to be able to charge the phone. Go figure...a phone that is used possibly once or twice a month and rarely is on. Defective product so that one would have to make an additional purchase of another phone with almost ALL the previous minutes purchased still available (was under warranty for 1 year)!

Loved the LG 500G product, am a staunch LG product user for other devices...Purchased another LG 500G phone from Target. Salesperson stated since it was the same identical phone, there would be no problem in making the transfer of the phone number. Went to activate the phone, was told by Rep on the helpline that I had purchased a Net10 carrier phone and therefore, I would have to purchase minutes for the Net10 phone because the Tracfone minutes I have from the broken charger port LG 500G will not transfer to the Net10 carrier (also in the Tracfone family of services) RIPPPPPPP Off, I say.

The saga continues...on yesterday 6-17-2013, I spoke with 3 different personnel from Tracfone; a Customer Rep, a Supervisor and a Manager, at least that's who they claimed to be! Each were adamant that I had to purchase yet another phone (Tracfone specific to transfer the phone number back to Tracfone). So, again, I loose minutes from the NET10 LG 500G phone... over 500 minutes remained after for 30 days of usage. Started with about 720 minutes that cost me $25 in May 2013 (as you can see the phone is rarely used monthly).

See where this is going!!! The LG 500G I purchased in March 2013 now has to be put to rest and another phone purchase (Tracfone specific) will have to occur. The Manger indicated that for my troubles (as I had stated that I would just get another carrier and discontinue my frustration laden encounters with Tracfone, Net 10 carriers) she would provide 300 additional minutes to the 120 minutes card purchased at Target I made to go with the NEW Tracfone (Samsung phone). When I queried her as to how long would those 300 minutes last...she stated for 15 days...Wooooooah! I made a NEW phone purchase of $30, another prepaid card purchase of $30 and Tracfone is making all this right by providing 300 additional minutes for a measly 15 days on a prepaid card that last 120 days... In others words PISS on you Customer...we 'rip people off' for a living!

I have also filed a complaint to the FCC regarding my encounter and provided all the names of the individuals I spoke with (although without Rep ID numbers it will be difficult to locate them) in addition to the date, time and my phone log. Yes, I record conversations too Tracfone/Net10!

Awfuuuuuuuuuuuuul Service and very unprofessional personnel!

service?

Don't be a fool. If you need telelephone service stay away from tracfone or any form of tracfone like straight talk or net10.
Here is what will happen every month. You will purchase a prepaid card and the instructions will tell you to go to the add airtime screen. When you as instructed on the card and on the phone you will receive a text that the card is invalid. You will then be instructed to call the 800 number. You will be charged for every minute that you use the tracfone to talk to "customer service" so you should call them from a pay phone. You will then go through the same process and will again be told by the computer that the card is invalid. You will then be put on hold indefinitely. If you persevere the wait you will be connected to a robot in the philippines who does not speak english. They will ask you for your name and then put you on hold for "three minutes". When they return they will ask for your phone number and put you on hold for "three minutes". They will then return and tell you that your number is wrong and you will repeat the number and they will repeat it back to you wrong and you will again give them the correct number and they will again repeat it back to you wrong. This will go on at least a half a dozen times and you will then again be put on hold for "three minutes". You will be told again that your number is invalid and then they will ask for the serial number of your phone. The same cycle will repeat over the serial number and then the will tell you to call back tomorrow and start over again. When you call back the next day and go through the same thing you will then be told to call back on the phone that you are trying to refill.
When you use the phone they will use up your minutes trying to "add minutes" and you will then need to call them back from another phone again.
After repeating the above process at least three times eventually your phone number will be entered correctly and become "valid" then you will repeat the process until the card becomes "valid".
So now you're all set until the next time you need to add time.

shipping

Ordered phones on Thursday at noon Central time. Paid $14.95 for overnight shipping but didn't come until Monday at 2:30 p.m..
I paid $14.95 thinking I would get the phones on Friday- thus, "overnight shipping". Wrong. NO Saturday shipping, then I had to sit at home to wait for them because they need to be signed for. I waited (and worried) all day Friday, Saturday (thinking MAYBE FedEx does Saturdays) and most of the day on Monday.
The moral of the story is...if you need them, don't wait to order them.

Then it gets better.
I have old Tracfone, I have new Tracfone. How hard can it possibly be to transfer my minutes and service days from one to the other? That took 2 phone calls to customer service.

THEN-

I wanted to port one phone from Smart Talk (Walmart, bad idea) to the other Tracfone I ordered, only to find out that they need to send me a new sim card, even though the for has one, and is brand new. I'm almost CERTAIN that will take ANOTHER call to customer service.

WHY does Tracfone make this TEN TIMES HARDER than it has to be???????????? WHY???

LG420

I just sent back my 4th, LG420 cell phone because I do not get service at my house. I have asked repeadedly to send me a different model comparable to the LG420 and they keep sending me the same phone. My husband has a tracfone and gets service fine here. Now I am filling out this form, notifying the Better Business Bureau and filling out anothe form with the goverment. I will use up these minutes and throw the damn thing away. No more tracfone for this family...even my husband won't renew his minutes.

return policy

We recently purchased 2 Tracfones online from Tracfone that came with free accessory kits. One of the adapters that was needed to connect to the phone was defective. I emailed and called speaking to 2 different "supervisors" asking to replace the defective part to no avail. They insisted on me returning both phones, both accessory kits and to get a complete refund as the only solution. My pleas to simply send me a working accessory kit fell on deaf ears. They use these tactics knowing no one in their right mind would go through the hassle. Just hope you don't have to return anything to Tracfone. Just being on the phone with them is painful. Reps are very hard to understand and the connections are terrible.

net10 and tracfone custs.

Im a colombian citizen and im a proudly american citizen also, I had to come down here to colombia for a couple years and I started to work with the company who outsourced the call center for those companies.
Honestely I dont know what you guys expect if you dont even know how to find a serial number on your phone.
I really dont want to blame no people here but we are the people that have better accent than the other call centers and we always use to recieve the calls that other reps screwed up.

The point here that how do you expect to help someone who tried to make a ph call and has the ph turned off? How do you expect to assist a person who dont even tries to understand the rep. I saw people crying because of nasty customers who discriminates because where we are located. Many of the reps on my city are people who goes to public universities and they have been learning english by courses and they dont even had the opportunity to travel outside the country. Many other have been out the country and have been studied in bilingual schools and they work for fun actually. Just like me.

When I got asked where im located I have to say my actual location and that script that the corporate offices are located in miami, fl. When people asked me where I am from I simply say that im from colombia, when they asked about my english skills I make the statment that im also a proud american citizen. But honestly I can handle that way that many customers have to treat a person who is giving the best to assist them. You guys have no clue all the tools that we use to correct problems. I need to use 10 tools with like a 14 windows in a call. You guys think that we are machines or something? We deal with numbers and codes and references and numbers again and again and again... Come you guys and make an 8 hours shift dealing with that and dealing with people like you? Dont think so.

I belong to a tier 2 support team which handle problems with the coverage and I spent like 8 months being a tier 1 and thats so complicated.

Next time that you got placed on hold be pacient we are really working, if a tier 1 ask to place you on hold to have assistance for a supervisor think that they really need assistance. We got really well trained so be aware of that.

I just want to finish this complaint to the customers saying that next time that you call the 1800 number. Try to select spanish because sometimes we even dont understand the people from phillipes. And thats something that I supposed not to say.

And note to the one which is going to ask. Why in spanish?? Because we are able to speak both. Not you guys that only speak english and please do not tries to speak spanish to say thank you or gracias!!!

• Mi
    Mickey Bitsko Feb 07, 2011

I never call Tracfone customer service. I use the support tab on their Facebook page. Much better. Serious! Give it a try. Now that they got there service together, it makes Traphone invinceable. Ha!

• Qw
    QWERTY2011 Feb 19, 2011

Proud american citizen...Wowwwwwww !!! You seem really proud of it and in love with USA when you state "not you guys that only speak english"...Keep your crap for yourself...You obviously have some inner anger toward us and what USA represents to your eyes. Now, realize that the majority of american people are hard working people who struggle too everyday. USA is not "Hollywood" (what you see on tv) but is not a third world country neither. You contract with american customer, you owe them to speak english like i owe to speak german to my german customers : english is the official language of USA and the universal business language in the world (like it or not).

outgoing caller id shows wrong name

Purchased Tracfone 10/2010. After calling friends within the 1st week, my friends said a wrong name was showing up on their caller id's. Then I stared receiving voicemail messages for the same name/person. Tech support @ Tracfone, after days of calling, talking, answering the same questions, getting ticket #'s, I was told it is not their problem & that I should tell my friends to call their phone carriers to update their info!!! Obviously, SD Joyner had the phone/SIM card before me & TRACFONE did not even offer a new phone or SIM card. What a crock of ****! Tech support is horrendous

• Da
    DakotaKen Apr 15, 2011

Same issue and same response from Tracfone support! My issue goes much farther as I was getting calls from bill collectors looking for the person listed on the caller ID. I would get voice mail messages demanding a call back. At one point I had over 200 calls and messages. When I attempted to make a call many times the voice mail would sound and interupt my call. Many times the call would get dropped. When I would call back they would not believe me noting I was the person they were looking for as that persons name came up on their caller ID. The do not call list didn't help nor did a new Tracfone number and a second do not call list assignment. The final straw was when these bill collectors somehow obtained my personal land based phone number and began calling on that. I alerted Tracfone and I was advised that there was no way someone could access my account information. I noted that perhaps their security isn't as tight as they thought it was. I stand by my story. They noted they would or could not do anything about it other than to give me another new (third) phone number. I am afraid to do this as what next will a Mob loan shark get my address a come to break my leg!! I am through with Tracfone and want to warn other customers to watch out as it appears that dishonest people may be getting Tracfones and honest people end up with the numbers and getting harrassed.

• Am
    amwaltahll Feb 03, 2019

Got a new SIMs card and after asking repeatley to keep my old number I get a different number. So ok no problem but it is showing a name of Jose Reyes!!! What gives??? And talking to anyone at Tracfone is a joke!!!

my pre-paid cell phone nightmare

Pre paid cell phone companies need to be look into in the usa. These company are not doing right by the people.

Companies like safe link wireless, tracfone and net 10 (All the same company). Give hope to low income residence

But a lot of the time they take that away when they turn off a phone for no reason, will not refund you money for unused minutes when you phone breaks or stops working and/or your feed up with bad service. They say too bad. Gift card companies have to turn over unused money to the state after 5 years. They had to stop charging fees. If you would looking into this you would find out that these company have it good. When hard working people like you and me do not. First they buy there minutes off at&t t-mobile ect. But these minutes have most likely been paid for by good hard working americans. Here how it works your going to love this. For example if you have a phone with one of these big company and you have a cell phone plan that give you 400 minutes per 30 days and you never use all of them. They sell these minutes to tracfone which in turn sells them back to us in the form of airtime minutes on there pre paid phone which use the cell towers of att or t-mobile ect. They stated to me on the phone that they give no refund on airtime. No drop call credits. If you lose your phone and do not have all the info that came with your phone too do bad. They need to look up codes on you phone oh you do not have it too bad. No refund. Sounds good so far. Safe link wireless now does business in pa. They say there cell phones are government supported. This can not be good at all. They give these cell phone to low income americans, but give very bad service. They do give out free minutes but they hope you need more minutes and hope you will buy there pre-paid minutes with the small amount of money these poor people have left to live on. I looked into this for you I am trying to help others. They took my money turned my phone off and I am out over 400 dollars. But I will find away to live without it. My late dad told me if you want something work for it. I will miss my phone the bbb will not help the fcc has not got back to me. I have written cbs nbc abc cnn fox news and many others about what happen to me in hopes someone would help me, but no one has. I have cried over this. I am crying right now. I have given up on getting my phone turned back on. Or a refund. I just want to help others now. I am and emt who takes care of this mother-in law who got sick two years ago. I do need a phone when I take her out which I spent all of my saving to buy me a van that had a seat that comes out of the van so I can load her in the van from her wheel chair. My mother in law was and r. N. Before she got sick. She lost her home for taxes and now stays with me. I found that this is not the first time this matter about wireless phone companies has come up. But without new laws these companies are not going to play fair. I need help getting the word out about this please help the ones who can not help themselves. And a great side note to all of this is that the company that owns tracfone is from latin american but has ties to at&t via board members from the company the owns tracfone work for at&t. You would think they would make sure the company plays fair but it all comes down to money. If you could help the others like me who have been taken advantage of I would be forever grateful

Your friend rickie g conard god bless you.

• Ri
    Rickey Perrin Oct 19, 2010

I have had a Tracphone for years. Never had any trouble except once. Loves country store sold me a double minute card. Instead of a 200 minute card. My phone has double minutes. Tracphone wouldnot give me Double mins. instead of 400 i got 200. To me Thats not good business. I think they still owe me 200. If they dont like this. TUFF

unregistered sim problem fixed

After several months my SafeLink phone display showed Sim Not Registered. I Faxed, Emailed and called customer service. After 3 months and 5 hours of logged phone calls, I realized this service is not free. You are expected to buy TracPhone air cards to keep you account active, pretty slick idea on their part. Lastnight was my final straw, my Service Rep said problem was fixed, phone would be online within the hour, and, if not to call them. No such luck, but this time they called me, rather than spend another hour on the phone with them, I dropped their phone in my glass of ice water, and hung up. For me, the problem has been solved. Now it's time to contact my state legislators about the rippoff scheme by SaqfeLink Services.
I made less than 10 called with this phone, it had 569 minutes of service and one year of activation left.
Stop wasting your time with these people, this was TracPhones bailout, cleverly disguised as SafeLink Services at taxpayers expense.

Andrew Napolitan

• Ti
    Tiffani663 May 20, 2015

I got the same problem only using the safe link phone four or five times. This is a rip off!!! If they want you to make a purchase to keep the service, they should make that aware when you sign up for the stupid service. Their customer service is awful as well! It's the worse company by far!

• Ni
    Nita Rosselli Dec 05, 2015

My tracfone which which I have had a couple of years. The 1st phone Safelink sent me finally went out or quit, so I requested and got but I guess I forgot yo re-register. Now it wants me to re-register now, but can't call out on it, have to do it on line.
    Phone # 350 875 1423
    Serial # 357 693 061 546 884
    I have 67 min until 2/1
    ser until 01/31/2018

• Sp
    spacey Apr 18, 2016

turned my safelink cell phone on and it saids sims card not registered sim

• Lo
    LousyTracfone Aug 19, 2016

I have just spent about 3 nightmarish hours with SafeLink's alleged "customer service" after working my way up the food chain of representatives (everybody knows the front-line customer service people are the worst, and you usually have to go three reps up to get someone who can speak English half-way well) This third "Operations Manager", with a poor command of English and an even poorer attitude, then tried to SELL me a phone and a service card! I should have known better. Everything about SafeLink stinks like Limburger cheese. 1. The phone they first sent me was an old beat up Alcatel 2. Their cheap Hindi customer service is inept, unqualified, unintelligible, and rude. In short; they are worthless. 3. Their phones simply 'die' one day, for no known reason. 4. IF they deem you worthy of replacing their used, beat-down, phone, they use the cheapest shipping humanly possible and state that you will get it in " Seven to ten BUSINESS days". The minute their warehouse gets the order slip to ship you a new (used & shabbily rebuilt) phone, they immediately shut down your Sim Card on the phone you have and TracFone/SafeLink leaves you without a phone at all for seven to ten business days! What are we supposed to do in the meantime? Pray that we don't have a heart attack or stroke? As stated before, TF/SL stinks like Limburger cheese.

• Tb
    Tbaby340 Jul 08, 2017

Yall suck yall will never get a payment from me. A government phone is supposed to be free.

voice mail scam

For $99 you can get 1 year's service with 800 minutes on TracFone. Since I don't use my phone that often, I decided to give it try.

However, when I tried to activate my voice mail, I got the royal run around. After spending over 12 hours on 4 different occassions speaking with "customer service, " I have finally given up. The last insult was them telling me that they were having difficulty activating my VM because I ported my number over. This was after a good 10 hours on the phone with their reps.

I suggested they give me a new number so they could easily activate it. They obliterated my old number (which I can never get back), told me they'd call me back when the process had been completed, and give me my new number. They never called back.

I called them, again, and was told in order to get a new number I had to send my existing SIM card to them.

In an effort to stay positive, I asked a friend who has TracFone to try and activate his VM. Same run around, same empty promises, no VM.

I asked for my money back and mysterously became disconnected after another hour and a half on the phone with them.

These guys are pros at misleading, stringing along, and falling short of their own guarantees. The supervisor I spoke with at one point was in Belize. Good for him. I'm sure he has VM.

Buyer beware. If you need more than basic service from you cell phone, steer a very wide berth around these con artists.

available phones are cheap and low quality

All the phones you can use when you have a Tracfone prepaid or pay as you go plan or cheap and low quality. I would like to get a Blackberry or a smartphone. According to Tracfone's website, you can only use one of he phones that they sell because their phones have special pay-as-you-go technology installed on them. My friends keep telling me that my cell phone looks like something an elderly person would buy. I have one of the better phones that they sell. My father who also uses Tracfone is very angry about how hard it is for him to send an email from his phone. As someone who lives on a low budget and can not afford a different cell phone plan, I am extremely frustrated.