TracFone Wireless Logo

TracFone Wireless

Having problems with TracFone Wireless?

TracFone Wireless Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 11:45 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TracFone Wireless Customer Service. Initial TracFone Wireless complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TracFone Wireless above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TracFone Wireless. Discuss the issues you have had with TracFone Wireless and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Tracfonestolen minutes

I had a 2g phone I had been using for the last 6 years, and every time I tried to dial out it would say this phone will no longer be able to make calls after December 31st. It would then automatically call the tracfone service reps in India and charge minutes hours actually. They kept me on the phone for hours and burned all my minutes up and then lied to me that they were going to replace them and left me with 0 zip nada none. They are thieves and liars, and speak very poor English.

Tracfonedid not transfer all my data

TracFone ported my number from straight talk. I had a ZTE tracfone . I already had 44 GB on my TracFone. The ST number was on unlocked phone. I decided to go to one phone and it was going to be tracfone because it was the best phone. I added data from my work allowance. The night of the port I had 44gb after the port only 233 mb . Not even 1GB. Talked to them 3 times . At first they said I did not have 1 GB. Then they said it showed 34Gb . Then they said 13 but just gave me 10. A multimedia million dollar company steals 20 GB data. I even have a pic of tracfone app showing my data, text and minutes before the port. To show I had that many they do not care. Some I am stuck with this sorry company for some months

Tracfonetracfone

I have a TracFone smartphone. I have had it for years without activating. I need just a one time use of a phone number so I bought a card to put time on it. Well come to find out TracFone needs everything including the Sims card number. Problem is getting the Sims cards out involves one of two things. One is to break the phone just to get the Sims card out for the number or two break the Sims card just to get it out which either option is out of the question. I have taken the phone to Walmart, Meijer, boost mobile, metro PCs, sprint, Verizon and best buy. No one can get the Sims card out in one piece. And customer service won't add the remaining til I get the Sims card number. How can I? Waste of time and money on a piece of worthless technology. I won't ever get a tracfone again. Worst company ever

Tracfonedownload for a product failed, got charged for product twice

I attempted to purchase an app with tracfone airtime. The first download failed, but I was charged for the product, which I did not receive. I attempted a second download, thinking that it would just complete the download without charging me a second time, but I was wrong. I got my product, but I was charged double, when the fault was with the service. I simply want my airtime refunded, which comes to a total of 44.9 minutes.

Tracfonetracfone lost 2058 minutes and nobody seems to care

they keep saying the phone was deactivated in may we had put cards on and we were still using it in august 2016 they were very unhelpful this company should not be in business . so when we went to put the new card in it gave me the 120 minutes and took away the 2058 minutes away what kind of shabby deal was this I would never do and nobody else should do business with trac phone anymore I had talked to angel and to Christy lee and they were very unhelpful I want this to go to mr.pollak all iwant is my 2058 minutes back.

Tracphoneprepaid minutes

I have a Android smartphone for a year now. As to the crappy out of the country customer service, the service allover is very poor.
            I have noticed over the last few cards purchased online are being used up a lot quicker.
            I buy online for the triple minutes. But, every time I have to beat them down for the minutes. Some say I don't get triple when some do. You never get same answer. Even the card says things that the plans don't say.
            To me that's misleading customer.
            This was a gift, I would have never signed on to such a ripoff company.

My thing is, why the heck are they deleting minutes I have?? I bought 90 mts and they say used up in 10 days. I don't even talk on phone. I use text or email. They want me to keep buying more cards. I'm done. I'm stuck with a phone without a sim card, and only tracphone can add on. Waste of 100.00.

I want my minutes I purchased. I added its time and they took 58 mts from me. They say I cant track mts used on each call but can check "periodically"...sure.

Tracfonelost minutes

September 15, 2016
              Bought a new tracfone- old one did not always connect clearly. Had over 400 minutes and 46 svc days left. Could not transfer online...talked over 1 hour online..result...said they could not transfer minutes since I was downgrading phones. I was left with 00 minutes and 45 svc days on new phone. Got online and 'chatted' with customer svc (easier to understand language) Told them I needed at least 60 minutes because I was left with none and had no way to contact anyone in case of emergency. Did give me 60 minutes. At no time did anyone tell me to begin with I could not transfer--only after new phone had been activated..then all minutes were gone. If I had known this I would have suffered thru the old phone and used all minutes...I'm senior citizen on fixed income..No one gives me a phone...I have to buy everything myself..this is lost money...it is wrong.

Tracfonelost minutes

My tracphone lost minutes 4 times over a month and then the phone stopped working. Tracphone sent me a new phone, but cancelled my phone number, minutes, and days of service. I'm out 753 minutes, 600 days of service and have no useful phone. Tracphone told me to buy a new airtime card and get a new phone number. I'm going with someone else. NO MORE TRACPHONE!

Tracfone — customer service

I merely attempted to transfer my current phone number from an old cellular device to a new cellular device...

Tracfone — disappearing airtime minutes

Dear tracfone: It is fraud to steal the minutes off of someone's three family tracfones and then refuse to...

Tracfonecustomer service

I purchased a Tracfone in June/2016. It is still under warranty. Every time someone tries to call me, their call goes to voicemail. I have call Tracfone over ten times but to no avail. I am passes from representative to representative asking the same guestions and left on hold, sometimes over an hour. I am told I can not be reimbursed for being left on hold. Sometimes I get the service center in the Philippines, sometimes the states. The people in the Philippines are hard to understand. Neither service center provide satisfactory results. I need help! Every time I call it's the same thing. My telephone number is [protected]. Don't know what to do!

Tracfoneminutes disappearing

I've been using Tracfone for several years My phones and my children's phones have been erratically losing minutes. I have called several times on it and was told to fax in a subpoena with verbatum verbage saying this is my phone with a photocopy of the sims card, yada yada. As i continuously fed $ into the phones like a slot machine i continued to lose my minutes. I thought it might just be easier to get a new phone and maybe the problem would be solved. I purchased 3 new phones each with 1200 minutes + the minutes that rolled over from the last phones. Within a few months (of barely using them i might add) you guessed it- the minutes were gone. Needing to speak with my young children i kept adding minutes mainly for emergencies. I just called on it again this time to finally have resolution & the "manager" Ryan Paz straight out told me he doesn't BELIEVE me because it never happens, he's never heard of any problems until now & that in fact it is IMPOSSIBLE for the minutes to disappear. HA! Then as expected from their poor cust service over there in Honduras he hung up on me. Blown away by their incompetence. I called to speak with another person who automatically said "yeah i'm a manager too" minutes cannot disappear like that. Just a bunch of trained monkey's! Calling Corp HQ tomorrow. ++++SCAM++++Wish me luck!!!

Tracfonevarious

Ordered a phone directly from Trac Fone website. After spending 2 plus hours with customer service to activate the phone am told the phone cannot be programed and to return it for another phone. New phone arrived and was able to activate, but not for my local area. Went to Walmart and bought a cheap no frills Trac Fone and was able to activate for my area. The phone would self dial in my pocket so I purchased another different model at Walmart. Again, could not activate. Called customer service and after 2 hours transferred me to another agent. In the process of transfer Trac Fone lost over 400 minutes of voice, text and data. I am so disgusted with incompetent customer service we are discontinuing our service and we have been with them for over 10 years.

TracfoneI do not like to be ripped off, plus even when they don't care, it's sad

I had a old tracfone i had just added 445.20 min. .But it was hard to use so my daughter gave me a newer tracfone. I called the trac co, to get my min 's transferd but no matter what they could not do it they told me the i had they no longer carried so i got a new phone but they still could not switch over my time so i thought i'll just buy time and low and behold the next day the time was there and i could make calls but the phone would not pick up wifi i had it on 3 other places and the company could not help me so again i buy a new tracfone and the told me that they did not have service here yet they had it the day before . So i told them that you did have it, plus my husband can make all kinds of calls and my daughter can call any where when she's here i am disabled and 65 i told them but they did not care ida j. Davidson .Dubois wy. And cant afford to buy any more phone why did they keep selling me time? yet neither has service here

• Lo
                            LousyTracfone Aug 19, 2016

Even though the above complaint was poorly written with no punctuation or grammar, it touched me because it makes VERY CLEAR that TracFone and their subsidiary, SafeLink, is only there to prey on the vulnerable. I think ALL SAFELINK USERS SHOULD CONTACT THE US GOVERNMENT AGENCY THAT PAYS TRACFONE/SAFELINK THE MONEY, AND INFORM THEM ABOUT THE CRAPPY SERVICE AND POOR PHONE QUALITY! I am not sure, but I think the agency is the FCC. If us abused customers of TF/SL hit this lousy, rip off company where it matters - in their wallet - It is then, and probably only then, that TF/SL will straighten up their act and provide a decent service.

Net10 Tracfonephone cards

Look on the packaging where it details the phones to be used with a certain card. There are none. Bought the wrong card. Called customer service. Second worse phone conversation ever in my life. The more aggravated I became the more they read from a script or a flip chart. I listened to them and asked what they could do to rectify my concern. Nothing .
                          Must be enough new customers to keep pace with their dissatisfied ones leaving.
                          The worst customer service since Sprint used Pakistan as their customer service hub in the 90's.

• Xi
                              Xierra Jun 11, 2016

Hello there! If you are fed up with talking to Customer Representative, try sending an email at [email protected] or you can chat with them live @ http://bit.ly/1b9xrmg. They will be able to assist you immediately. Believe me, I've tried it, and I was satisfied.

Tracfone — tracfone byop sim card and customer service

I am raj. I have my unlock smartphone ... I had check my IEMI number on tracephone website and they said that...

Tracfonecustomer service

I purchased my second tracfone about 4 months ago. I had my last tracfone for about two years and never experienced any issues. Two days ago I took my phone out of my purse and plugged it into my charger as the battery was running low. After a while I heard the message notification go off and it kept going off. I checked my phone a noticed that it wasn't the messages it was my phone shutting off and restarting and shutting off again over and over, never actually getting to the home screen. I googled the problem and tried to troubleshoot it on my own, nothing worked so I called customer service the next day.
                            The first person I spoke with didn't seem to understand that I had no control over the phone he asked me to go to settings, turn the phone on, turn the phone off, all things I can't do. Finally he said their send me a replacement. I gave him all my contact information and he told me to return just the phone not the battery or ad card and it would take 2 weeks before I receive my new phone. This was very frustrating to me because tracfone have me a defective phone shouldn't they value their customers and replace it immediately? I spoke with a supervisor who then told me it doesn't take that long I would get the phone within 4 days. She told me to return the phone with the battery and sd card and they be emailing me a return shipping label. I never received the label so I called back, the first rep had phone problems so I was on hold for 15 minutes I hung up and called back the next rep was extremely rude and kept me on hold for 15 minutes. I finally told her I just want to check what email they have on file and she told me they didn't have my email address. I have her my email and she tried to rush me off the phone in frustration so I asked her to repeat it back to me and she had it incorrect. I tried to ask a question and again she tried to end the call at which point I told her she kept me on hold for q5 minutes now it was time for her to provide, me customer service...she hung up. I called back and asked for a supervisor who told me none of the informatio, I'd given twice was in the system. I gave it again. He said I had to return the phone with the battery no sd card and the charger. And it could take a week to get the phone. He also said I would get the email with the return label within two hours, it's been 12 and I don't have it.
                            My frustration level is through the roof. I wouldn't even call that customer service it's all purely aggrevation. And I still have a broken phone

Tracfonetracfone customer service

I purchased a new tracfone and had the minutes switched from my old tracfone to my new phone...the new phone was an Alcatel tracfone...after I switched I began having difficulty managing the new phone...called tracfone customer service several times but they were of no help...I then decided to go back to my old phone...after a half hour wait time I was connected to someone I could hardly understand...very nasty...I started out with 259 minutes and she said they would only return 85...I had the new phone only one day..didn't even get to use it...is this fair? What can be done

• Xi
                                  Xierra Jun 11, 2016

Hey! If you are fed up with talking to Customer Representative, try sending an email at [email protected] or contact them via live chat @ http://bit.ly/18WfOoC. They will be able to assist you immediately. Believe me, I've tried it, and I was satisfied. I knew I came to the right people from the company.

Tracfonecustomer service

Saturday 04/30/2016 I was to receive this warranty replacement phone over month ago.
                                Congratulations TracFone you took more of my life, my health, & my $$$ !
                                I called the # TracFone gave me & it cost me 26 minutes 22 seconds of my minutes I paid for just to learn the phone is not in stock & there is no idea when it will be in stock. Why didn't TracFone contact me to let me know this? Even though it is normally a toll free # (866) w/ any other phone, w/ TracFone it costs you to call them even though it is their fault. What a racket!
                                This after all of the hours I wasted online trying to get an answer.
                                Is TracFone going to @ least reimburse the 26 minutes 22 seconds it cost me to learn something TracFone should have notified about? Well?
                                TracFone does not care, because they don't have to care! They already have my $$$ & if I drop dead because of the stress TracFone has caused me, so what they already have my $$$ ! The minutes I didn't use are just more profit in their pockets!
                                Well, what is TracFone going to reimburse me? Nothing! They don't have to!

Tracfonethe whole system of customer service

it took 3 hours to fix Tracphone's error to set it up so I could purchase minutes from my phone. Finally achieved that and got 2 calls back telling me they hoped my issue was resolved, which deducted minutes I had purchased for MY use. I also provided feedback on my time consuming frustrating experience, and got 2 calls, also deducting my minutes. I went back on their sight, and told them to quit calling me and reinstate my minutes. The person told me they would fix it. The result was 2 more calls deducting minutes and no resolution. SO today I tried again, through the chat window, and was told the only way to fix it was to call them using my minutes...seriously? They have a system set up to use your customers minutes, and then we have to purchase more because they wasted our minutes, and then to resolve it we have to take even more minutes and our personal time??? BIG SCAM