Toni and Guyterrible service and treatment

M

I have had the worst hair experience ever with Toni and Guy. I had just recently moved and needed a new hair dresser so I decided to go to Toni and guy as they were a good name(or so I thought!) I have dark brown hair and wanted to go a bit lighter, not blonde, a mousey brown colour with maybe a few sliced high lights through it to break the colour up. I took a picture into the salon and spoke to a hair technician who said that it was not a problem and she could do what I was after. I booked my appointment with total confidence. I returned for my appointment on New Years Eve. The colour tech began the process of stripping my hair. I thought this was strange as technically I was staying brown. After she stripped it was bright ginger, and she told me not to worry. She then put a full head of highlights onto my hair followed by a colour in between each foil. I thought this was the brown dye she was adding. After about 3 hours she began the process of washing the foils and colour out. There was a large mirror in front of me at the wash basin and I could notice the look on the girls face as she took out the foils, she looked panicked. She then began to apply more colour to my hair. I knew then that something had gone terribly wrong. When I returned to my seat I could see my hair was bright brassy orange. As she dried my hair I could see the damage. Instead of the light brown I wanted I had bright barbie blonde hair at my roots and a bright fire orange at the ends. It was horrid, it really looked like I had taken a home breaching kit to my hair! I explain that it was orange and not what I wanted only for her to reply 'it was the best I could do'. I was shocked! It was quite late by now and I was the only person left in the salon. 3 staff members were now crowded round me and were trying to reassure me it was the best they could do. I could tell they were lying and even notice the receptionist laughing. Not one of them offered to re-do my hair, I felt utterly humiliated and ganged up on. I paid £158 for my hair and left in tears. I had no choice but to go straight to tesco and by a home dye and dye my hair straight back brown. There was no way I could wait to go back to the salon, especially as it was new years eve and like most people I was going out that night. I wrote a letter to the London head office including photos of my hair and the photo of which I took into the salon in the first place. The response I received was awful! I was told as I had dyed my hair back they wouldn't offer me anything. I then found on the Toni and guy website that you could request there complaints procedure if needed, which I emailed and asked for, only to receive and email back saying they do not have a complaints procedure and to stop writing as they will not refund me my money. I then replied stating my consumer rights and that I would write a formal complaint to the financial ombudsman to which again I had a reply from them saying they will not doing anything for me and basically I caused the problem my self. I can not believe the level of which they treat there customers. I'm starting to think I will never get my money back. My hair is in a terrible condition now, split ends and looks dull and constantly greasy. I can't believe they will never admit they are at fault. Its absolutely disgusting.

• Sm
    S-Mom Dec 24, 2014

United State in Texas sugar land Tony and Guy- I have been there several times. There was a lady who was doing my hair and was really slow didn't had any confidence about her work and was taking for ever. I told her to b hurry and still she was slow. I did complain to tu front deck that not to put me with her. After that I made one appointment on the phone and they put me with somebody else by mistake there was some misunderstanding on the phone.. I went there and I wanted to go with that person with whom I didn't had the appointment with in th cent desk I asked them if they can switch me to the lady I want to go and thy said no... I was sitting in the saloon was doing some work on the phone and they told me to leave that was kinda insulting... In front of another customer how can u tell another customer to leave... They couldn't see that what they were doing it to me... The lady next to me was talking to me and I just asked her what she is having done. So this salon people took me so wrong and now they don't want me to come in their saloon. This is really reducilious.