Time Warner Cablerip off charges

S

Time Warner Cable is takes advantage of customers who disconnect service by charging bogus fees. I recently disconnected and watched as the tech took away all of their equipment. Guess what? I get charged $50 for "equipment adjustment". Their customer service rep said it was for a unreturned modem and they would check into it. Guess what, one month later and they still have not checked. I'm not paying - ever.

Watch out for Time Warner's Ripoffs!

• La
    Larvin69 Jul 06, 2009

Same thing. I notified TW to disconnect Oct 2008. This is July 2009 and they are still billing me, now over $600.
    I have called every month and get the same pat answer, we will take care of this. Today I got the same answer but said they are charging me $50 for the modem they never picked up. My lease expired in Oct. I don't have any idea where their modem is. This is definitely their problem, I told them, and I will not pay them.
    Figure this each 100, 000 disconnects x $50 = $5, 000, 000 windfall for TW cable - criminal.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices