Time Warner Cablefalse charges

I shared an apartment with a room mate who had time warner cable when I moved into the apartment. 4 months after I moved in, my room mate ditched me and moved out leaving me "holding the bag" so to speak on his share of the bills.

Time warner cable was never in my name. I hadnt had cable/internet through time warner in several years.

Several months later, when I checked my credit report, I noticed a collection for $184.00 for the time period right after my room mate ditched me and moved out. I have disputed the charges through the credit agency.

Has anyone else had these problems with time warner before? Can they legally do this?

Personally, I think time warner is a scam. Their services arent all that great and they charge you out the rear end for what they do offer (hence the reason why I have chosen not to use their services since my first bad experience years ago)

• Ka
    Karinh Aug 12, 2014

I cancelled services last month...brought back all equipment
    I received an e-bill for next month PLUS extra charges
    They say I have to disconnect from pole...WHAT? How am I supposed to do that?
    Taking time from my busy day to go to the office and figure this out since they will not let me access my accoun, as I cancelled it

• Ms
    Msalmon Sep 01, 2009

YES!! They've done the same thing to me. My roommate moved out and the cable was turned off but they started sending the bills in my name. When I called them they admitted that the account was transferred into my name but they didn't know how. Here I am one year later with a 381.00 on my credit report (they used the information that I sent them to clear my name of the account) and 4 different collection agencies that can't help me at all because they keep transferring the account to another collection agency.

• Se
    sean Jun 13, 2009

yes time warner cable is scam I agree.