Thrifty Car Rental Companybait and switch dishonest practices.

R

I was shopping on-line for a car rental for our trip to Florida. I registered for the blue chip membership. While waiting for the blue chip number the prices of the car almost doubled. The prices went down alittle and I went ahead and booked the car. It was suppose to be $193. When my husband went to pick up the car they tried to give us a Hyundai Accent which was too small. I talked with the clerk to see what we could do. He said nothing but pay $25 more a day, which he said was an incredible deal. I said that is ridiculous and he handed the phone back to my husband and refused to help us. When we got home from vacation I tried to call the 1800 number and the girl also hung up on me when I asked for a manager. While talking with the phone rep I told her that I could have simply cancelled our first reservation and booked the car on our phone we would have paid way less. She agreed and said it was dishonest but that is how they do business. DONT'T RENT FROM THRIFTY!