The Brick/Serta Matresssagging matress after 1 year of use

J

I purchased a Serta pillowtop mattress in Februaury 2010. It was priced at 2000.$ and was on sale at 50% off. I now know why!
Six months later I already started to notice a body impression at the centre of the mattress. I thought I was imagining things a and asked several people to see if they felt it too.They all did. As the months wore on it got worse and I decided to call The Brick to let them know.

I was told that there had to be at least 1 1/2 inch depression for them to be able to do anything about it. With the pillowtop you cannot even see the bodyprint. But you can feel it . You just simply roll to the center. I was treated like dirt by one of their customer service people...when I told them that their anwser did not satisfy me, she told me that " I would have to get my satisfation elsewhere". I just could not believe this!!! I spoke to a manager there and am still waiting to hear from then. I will then take this to their head office and then to the local Consumer Protection agency and even to Serta's head office if I have to...am surely not letting this go.
Word of advice...NEVER BUY ANYTHING AT THE BRICK! and I believe that many others will do the same with all the complaints I see here..

• Na
    Natalie11 Oct 23, 2012

But haven't you received any warraty card. With this one in pocket you could make them either change the bad matrasse or to get compensation.
    It's extremelly pity to hear of such stories. It seems to me that producer don't value their clients any more.

• Un
    unsatisfied27 Oct 23, 2012

I have the exact same problem with the Brick Boisbriand for the same reason!!! have been battling it out with them and just gave them 30 mns to call me back with info on my matress or I will take it further and sue them. I have been at it for 5 months already. Our daughter weighs 70lbs and the matress is so bad she can't sleep in it as it hurts her back.
    I am not talking about the warranty with Serta, but about the BRICK... I needed to go through them to get them to sent a tech over to take pics and measure the dent left in the mattress. It took 3 months for that because they lost the file, then couldn't find it and all ohers excuses. he came and said it would take him 5-7 days to get the report to them... We left on vacation and after we came back (a month later plus 5-7 days from tech) I called the Brick...oh...my file was left on the desk...customer service rep was going to send it right away...calls me back to confirm she sent it. Now 6 weeks later.. I call the Brick to know where it's at and the chick says she has nothing on file and asks me if the tech came to see the mattress and if he filed a report!!! ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!!! I called Serta TO and am waiting for the Quebec rep to call me. Brick has 30 mns to call me back too or I will call consummer protection, small claims and media! I will never ever to go back to the BRICK and I hope they die and go bankrupt!!! I never shopped ther before and should have stayed away from them...now I know why!

• In
    InformedConsumer123 Mar 26, 2011

The fact that your mattress is sagging has nothing to do directly with The Brick themselves. This has to do with Serta as they manufacture the mattress' and boxsprings. In fact, it clearly states on their website that your mattress MUST be 1 1/2" to be covered under THEIR wty. The mattress wty is through the manufacture, not The Brick. This means the companies that sell the product are at the mercy of their vendors. Please allow me to direct your attention to the Serta website for more wty details. http://www.sertacanada.com/assets/NEW_Serta_Warranty_SWC-003_12_08.pdf