The Brickdelivery call and being dismissed and lied to

M

We purchased furniture from the brick in Pembroke. The couches we purchased were not in stock and were back ordered. We are spending the summer in the Toronto area, and when my husband received a call and was told the furniture was arriving Sunday he drove back home to be there for the delivery, leaving me behind with our infant. Now that he is in Petawawa, he received a call saying the couches will not be arriving tomorrow after all because they didn't get in!! I called the store and was told they can't help me and that they will just call us again when the couches arrive! I told them again? We received that call already and that is why my husband is there. I asked them who would cover the gas money for all the trips to Petawawa and back to Toronto and they shrugged me off! My husband would not be driving 6 hours one way for nothing! I asked for a manager and was told they were with a customer, so i asked that the manager call me back. When I received no call I called back and was told the manager was still with customers. I said I'd wait on hold and was then told the manager is out of the store! So I was either lied to before that the manager is with customers or am being lied to now when they tell me the manager is out of the store! This is very unprofessional and upsetting! I can't believe this is how you treat your customers! I would like a call back from the head office and if this is not resolved I am so upset that I will be willing to go to the ombudsman as well as the media! I spend thousands of dollars at the Brick, and get dismissed like nothing! Unbelievable!