Menu
C
Author of the complaint
10:58 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I phoned telkom on Monday February 10th 2020, asking them to give me an update for an issue that was reported earlier (30 Jan 2020). during the conversation I asked him to allow me to speak with his direct manager/Supervisor. I was denied the request at first, but after a short while, Cyrus Sinenhlanhla Mwandla (Telkom technician) informed me that his Team leader would contact me. I offered to stay on the phone while he would be getting the attention of his team leader. He (Cyrus Sinenhlanhla Mwandla) offered to send me an email so that we may communicate digitally instead. I waited to receive the email before hanging up as I have experience with telkom support ignoring support requests and clients as soon as the phone call is no longer active. I sent repeated emails to him and tried to contact him again via the call center, but was advised that there is no way to get a hold of him at the call center, and that I should speak to the consultant that answers the phone.
My query was not resolved by the various technicians, and I still have not heard from any team leader as I have been promised.
It is extremely difficult to obtain contact information from telkom that is required to resolve these issues within a measurable time frame, I have therefore included links to the LinkedIn profile of the technician that was involved.

I just want to know the exact status of my issue and when I can expect to hear from someone again, but that information is seemingly impossible to obtain by the likes of telkom. Not sure if it's a training issue or a hiring issue, either way, telkom needs to train their support technicians to be able to handle these issues or screen their recruits properly to avoid hiring incompetent people.

0 comments