Menu
Zelis Payments Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Zelis Payments
reviews & complaints

www.zelis.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.6 32 Reviews

Zelis Payments Complaints Summary

13 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Zelis Payments generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zelis Payments has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zelis Payments. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Zelis Payments reviews & complaints 32

Filter reviews by rating
13 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Zelis Payments reviews & complaints

11:55 pm EST

Zelis Payments Zelis payments are crooks

I am significantly dissatisfied and disappointed by the lack of care that your team has with regard to ensuring timely payments. Considering that your website states “Why Zelis? A lot of companies are talking about transforming the business of healthcare, but we’re taking action.” Unfortunately, your action is ensuring that our staff are not paid for the work they do for the insurance companies who choose to use your company. Not only did we not receive the payment of $18,459 for payments in October of 2023 until January of 2024, but now our EHR states that we should have received, for Providence: 2/1/2024 - $114.14, 2/5/2024 - $219.04, 2/5/2024 - $579.62, 2/5/2024 - $674.84, and 2/5/2024 - $109.14 - Providence and Zelis owe Positive Inner Self, LLC $1696.78; and for CareOregon: 1/30/2024 - $5402 and 1/6/2024 - $4712 - CareOregon and Zelis owes Positive Inner Self, LLC $10,114. I am requesting an IMMEDIATE response and resolution to this problem. I will not be taking a sit back and wait approach as you had us do the last time (as seen in the attached letter regarding the $18,459 payment). I need a response indicating what EXACTLY you plan to do to correct this repeating problem. It is clear to me that you, ZELIS, that you are only interested in increasing your profits at the cost of the very important providers who are providing great care to our mental health clients.

10:56 am EST

Zelis Payments Automatic Payments

On 11/24/23, a billing clerk signed up for automatic deposits without authority do do so. We called them on Monday, when we found out, to cancel and we were told it would take 30 days. This is inexcusable as it took one day to get it set up but 30 days to cancel? To begin with, they were unclear or not informative of their fees. We are a small hospital and have no resources to pay those fees. AND, when this clerk did this she asked them if they could separate payments by NPIs as we have several checking accounts based on the type of provider. ALL payments are going to the WRONG checking account. I cannot get this fixed and I cannot get a call back. Highly unresponsive and a scam.

Feb 06, 2024 11:40 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this! I am also. If you wish you can reach out to me at adrienne@positiveinnerself.com. Take care and good luck!

F
7:45 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zelis Payments - Medical claims are paid via credit card with transaction fees

I'm a physician and I have been receiving medical claims payments from various insurance companies for patient services rendered, through Zelis. The payment is in the form of a one time use credit card. If the payment is for say, $100, I have to pay 3-6% transaction fees so over several hundred claims I am being shafted hundreds of dollars. Extroplate thi...

Is Zelis Payments legit?

Our verdict: Zelis Payments has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Zelis Payments's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Zelis Payments can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Zelis Payments earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Zelis Payments achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Zelis Payments. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Zelis Payments's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Zelis.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Zelis Payments website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Zelis.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Zelis Payments and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Zelis.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Zelis Payments.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Zelis Payments protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
P
10:14 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments Will not stop sending cc payments despite our request

We have reached out to Zellis multiple times in the past 2 years telling them we do not accept cc payments. Despite akll thettme we waste reaching out to them they continue to fax over cc payemnts. Now they are unreachable as phone numbers on forms do not work.

[protected]. this is unacceptable and sould e illegal. They wan us to run their cc payment and pay or cc fee on top of it! We are NOT doing it. I'm reaching out to BBB.

Update by Paula Stapleton,DDS

edit above-Despite all the time we waste...

P
10:30 pm EDT

Zelis Payments Worthless virtual cards that are not accepted anywhere

I was sent a virtual payment card. I did not consent to this nor do I want it. I tried to use it as stated on the paper and it doesn’t work. No ATM will take it nor will it work on any virtual wallets like Apple Pay or google wallet. I am placing services on hold for the patients associated with the insurance company that sent my payment through Zelis. I will also be contacting the insurance company first thing Monday to notify them that I will be placing a hold on services with their clients until I am paid a usable payment option I.e. a paper check or bank to bank transfer. I don’t have time to sit on hold for days. I have a business to run. I will be sure to inform the insurance company of the lack of customer service and difficulties in this payment method.

Desired outcome: I would like to get paid by real funds not by a bogus virtual card that cannot be used anywhere.

N
1:58 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments Unable to opt out of Zelis payment other than making a complaint here

As physicians we are already having a cash flow problem with decreasing reimbursement and now we are supposed to receive "virtual card" payments instead of paper check and be charge outrageous credit card fees. I've tried calling all of the Zelis provider lines everyday this week and each time I'm told "this call could not be completed at this time, please try again later". I can't even get in line to be on hold. When trying to submit for an online portal a "ticket" is submitted but is never responded to. I want to opt out from Zelis payments and only receive paper check but have no way to do that unless I leave a complaint as so many have written here before.

This is highway robbery happening right before our eyes.

Desired outcome: Opt out of virtual card payments, receive ONLY paper checks with NO FEES.

12:53 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments Credit card payments without consent!!

Our office never authorized the conversion of paper checks to credit card payments. This is total robbery and in violation of our agreement with the insurance companies. We have contacted Zelis numerous times and are always told someone will get it handled. Our next step is the insurance commissioner and better business bureau. This is unfair to our small business and we will not be bullied

Desired outcome: To END credit card payments to our dental office. IMMEDIATELY. Please contact our office at 206-466-2623OR [protected]@gmail.com

6:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments Lies! Total greed!!!!

This company will do their best to try to make it right because there will be constant mistakes, but at the end of the day it just boils down to them being greedy. Do not work here unless you like deception or being lied to. They totally put my family in a huge predicament. During my final two weeks of separation, I received my final commission, pay out a week and a half after leaving I was informed that there was a calculation error and now my payout was zero dollars. Total greed. I haven’t despised anything in a really long time I can honestly say I hate this company. Negative star review here do not work here in sales or customer support. It’s a huge headache.

H
Zelis Payments replied to this review.

Zelis Payments Well I am impressed that anyone is even able to get ahold of them to be able to try to even get somewhere

Well I am impressed that anyone is even able to get ahold of them to be able to try to even get somewhere. I have literally called 12 times. Each time I am put on hold for about 8 minutes and then hung up on

A. Kuhlman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would prefer to give them 0 stars.This company is full of overly aggressive workers that will bully you into running credit cards (at least another 2.35+%) or direct deposit 1.9% which is a loss on wages. Working with many providers that are trying to keep costs low and attainable for the working class I have been tried and tricked into plans that we have never signed up for. Appalling and possibly very illegal.

Q
Q
Q. Koepp
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zero stars would be the rating I would give, Zelis took over paying claims for *** Dental/Vision earlier this year. Our office has not been paid one single penny since they took over. Thousands of dollars and months later and nothing. The company keeps blaming the post office, this company is a joke!

L
L
L. Kohler
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been calling Zelis for over a year now to STOP sending me virtual payments. We get hit with fees on the credit card processing. In dentistry, we are already dying over the rise in dental supplies, why get hit with thousands of dollars in fees, when they can send me a paper check?! I've called them THREE times just this week - yet I keep receiving virtual payments. I'm VERY frustrated with these Zelis.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments Zero stars would be the rating I would give, Zelis took over paying claims for *** Dental/Vision earlier this year

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments I have been calling Zelis for over a year now to STOP sending me virtual payments

A. Walker
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis is in the business of being sneaky and dishonest. We have been dealing with one patient for 4 claims which we have had to dispute every claim because the insurance rate of 70% that was promised by the insurance company was re-negotiated by Zelis at 30%. They then played the he/she said card and it took 4 months to receive payment. The newest Scam by Zelis is that they hid a document within a document that stated it was for one patient, when in fact it was for all future patients that we did not agree to but they conned us into signing it thinking it was for one patient. Then when we called back, the provider services representative Jeff M. was rude and condescending claiming they did nothing wrong. This company is out to scam people out of insurance money.

V

Zelis Payments I would prefer to give them 0 stars

Zelis Payments replied to this review.

Zelis Payments Zelis is in business to charge fees for services which are provided free by every other company

Zelis is in business to charge fees for services which are provided free by every other company. By law they can not charge physicians fees to receive electronic payments (multiple dollars per claim which they pocket entirely). The maximum legal fees should be the cost the bank charges them, which is a few cents. They pretend not to know about the law, or feel it does not apply to them. They also attempt to get every physician to accept credit card payments for the money due to them for multiple dollars in fees per payment, also illegal. They should not be allowed to remain in business.

K

Zelis Payments The newest Scam by Zelis

The newest Scam by Zelis. Zelis process our claim applying MCCP contract, we call Zelis and told them that we didn't sign any contract for MCCP discount and to send us the copy of MCCP contract, they refuse to send that contract and also refuse to give any contact info for MCCP. Some how we manger to get MCCP number from different source. MCCP clearly told us that Zelis is misleading us by applying MCCP discount. I can not believe they openly doing this kind of scam and they still in business. I want MCCP discount to be removed from our claims. If this not resolve by tomorrow, we have no choice but involve attorney or file Lawsuit.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments Zelis is in the business of being sneaky and dishonest

Zelis Payments replied to this review.

Zelis Payments We are a physician office and we have called Zelis on multiple occasions to have our practice removed from receiving virtual credit card

We are a physician office and we have called Zelis on multiple occasions to have our practice removed from receiving virtual credit card payments. We have also declined ACH payments due to the additional fee they charge just to be the middleman between the physician and the insurance company. We are having payments delayed and additional administrative burden incurred just to avoid additional fees applied for payment processing alone. This is for services we have rendered and discounted already as network providers. Each time we call the representative indicates our tax ID will be flagged to no longer receive virtual credit card payments , and set up to receive checks as our preferred method of payment instead. However, here we are multiple calls and months later still receiving virtual card faxes, which further delays payment.

T
Zelis Payments replied to this review.

Zelis Payments All dentists and doctors: This company is a MASSIVE SCAM!

All dentists and doctors: This company is a MASSIVE SCAM! They were sending our insurance payments out as virtual cards and we would have to call to get them re-issued as checks. Sometimes they would tell us it's not possible, which we very well know they are able to do so because we had done it numerous other times. They then try to convince you to switch to direct deposit for A SMALL FEE. We can simply get our payments directly through insurance without all these credit and direct deposit fees. After MONTHS of dealing with them, we find out that you simply have to completely cancel your account with zelis and once you're no longer listed as a provider with them, all payments will come directly from insurance again. When asked how we even became a provider with zelis, we were told that they sent a virtual card out once for an insurance payment as a "test" and if you run that, then you become a provider. We also found out that they tell insurances to sign up with them because their providers are already signed up. It's just a huge scam all around! Call and cancel your account so you stop losing money!

Zelis Payments I had a similar experience with Zelis

I had a similar experience with Zelis. First, I got a call from " Mike" at Zelis. He left a message asking for my fax number to send me information. I called back and left my fax number. I never got anything. I never got a thing. A month later, "Mike" called and asked for my banking information to make an automatic deposit. This was the first thing he asked me. So, I got a call out of the blue asking for my banking information to make a direct deposit. He was offended that I asked for information about his company and "what I was being paid for." I was convinced that it was a scam. I told him that I did not want a virtual credit card. I asked if they charged for cashing the card, and he denied that they did. I told him that I preferred a paper check. I gave him my mailing address. I was unsure if this was a fraud or not. Then today, I got a virtual card in the mail with an EOB attached. I tried to call Zelis three times. Each time I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and then the phone call dropped. Finally, I get a representative, and Sonya agreed to send me a check. She said that it eventually defaults to paper check after all the other attempts to get you to take a virtual card don't work. This is not good service! Why should a health care worker have to pay to get paid? Please look into this company!

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments On June 15th I Had A Skin Graft Done At Mountaineer Periodontics With Dr

On June 15th I Had A Skin Graft Done At Mountaineer Periodontics With Dr. *** I Paid $1,200 For My Skin Graft & I Was Suppose To Reimbursed For $586.60. I've Spoke With My Insurance *** & *** Payments Numerous Times In Reference To Trying To Get My Reimbursement Check. I've Been Told It Was Processed & Mailed Out; But, I Never Received It. I've Had To Stop Payment The First Time Because I Never Received It. Now, I'm Still Waiting Again Since I Was Told My Reimbursement Check Was Processed & Mailed Out Again. I Want My Reimbursement Check. This Is Ridiculous. I've Never Had Any Issues With Getting My Mail or A Check In The Mail Before; Until Now. Please Respond To My Complaint & Help Me Get This Resolved. I Would Really Appreciate It. Thanks, ***.

Feb 06, 2024 11:42 pm EST

R. Dare
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zelis Payments, LLC is fraudulently receiving payments that belong to our business. I have attempted to get paid through Zelis Payments since they fraudulently took over. I do not ever want to have have any agreement or contract with Zelis Payments. I had never heard of Zelis Payments until somehow they started collecting my payments from insurance reimbursements. . Today, I contacted the insurance companies (1) ILWU-PMA Zenith American, (2) Blue Shield of CA and (UMR)., but of the insurance companies advised me that They did not provide our information to Zelis Payments, (2) Zelis Payments added our business and Federal Tax ID #XXXXXXXXX to ***' "Provider List." In doing so, Zelis Payments has fraudulently instructed insurance companies to send payments due to our business to Zelis Payments instead of sending the payments directly to us. I have contacted Zelis Payments to attempt to receive my payments but Zelis s holding several payments that belong to my business, in a nonredeemable virtual credit cards, and are not able to covert payments to paper checks. I told the Zelis Payments representative, to convert to paper check on at least ten occasions with no result, they are still holding a virtual credit card that caused my Square merchant dump ME as a client.t I will have no relationship whatsoever with Zelis Payments! I never agreed to or authorized Zelis Payments to collect payments on my behalf. I instructed the Zelis Payments representative to return our payments to the Insurance Companies and to REMOVE our business name and Tax ID from their "provider list" and data base. The Zelis Payments representative asked me to contact the insurance companies. I explained each insurance company told me they were instructed by Zelis Payments to send our payments to Zelis Payments stated this error can only be corrected by Zelis Payments. I did a *** search of Zelis Payments; there are many complaints about Zelis Payments from other doctors.

J. Hoeger
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We use are a dental office & use Zelis payment portal for some of our providers payments. I have contacted Zelis three times & also sent an email. The first contact was on 9/13/2022 because I have been unable to access the portal or unable to reset my password. I was told someone would contact me between 5-7 days to help with my issue. My second phone call was 9/19/22 & an email was also sent requesting help. My third call was today because I have yet to get a phone call or email response to my issue. If I cant have access to the portal I'm unable to do my job.

B
Replied
Zelis Payments has left an official reply on this complaint.

Zelis Payments My office begin receiving virtual credit card payments from insurance companies that we have never signed up for

My office begin receiving virtual credit card payments from insurance companies that we have never signed up for. I first thought that's how the insurance companies were paying claims until I looked at our CC fees. I called the insurance companies to receive paper checks and at that point was told I needed to call Zelis and opt out of the virtual CC payments. I have called for the past 2 months trying to opt out and every time a rep says a customer care rep will call us and assist with opting out but we never receive a call. We pay fees for each transaction and how is this legal! How did they receive our information to just intercept OUR payments and take some for themselves without OUR permission! Asked for a copy of the signed agreement between our office and Zelis and was hung up on. They are PURE THEIVES!

Feb 06, 2024 11:44 pm EST

W
W
W. Pagac
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I,ve been trying to contact Zelis CS for more then a week. like everybody in here are in disbelieve about about the lack of disclosure and the way Zelis is doing business with providers. I just talked to *** from their call center, she gave me the name of her supervisor ***. I'm hoping this time I can get solutions to this problem with Zelis. No supervisor we can talk to, I was told that it can take a months to get them on the phone! We are requesting the following through this outlet since looks like Zelis is more diligent to responding here!1- We are opting-out from V-payments 2- We are opting out from ACH with fees.3- If we can't have EFT without a fees then and Only then#4 ( I will need to get an explanation of why this option is not available since all payers are doing that at no cost.4- Paper check will be our prefer payment method. Our company is loosing money and can't allowed under my watch to witness this everyday, this is simply so wrong!

I
I
I. Mosciski
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Our dental office has been receiving multiple virtual credit card payments that we have never opted into or authorized. I have tried contacting Zelis multiple times and I am unable to get through to anyone. I would like for all of the virtual credit cards to be re-issued as checks, and to be opted out of all future virtual card payments.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Zelis Payments contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Zelis Payments?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Zelis Payments Customer Service. Initial Zelis Payments complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Zelis Payments above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Zelis Payments. Discuss the issues you have had with Zelis Payments and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.