Having problems with Telkom SA SOC?

Telkom SA SOC reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 16, 2006. The latest review Telkom WiFi was posted on Oct 13, 2021. The latest complaint Excess fee pid claim not followed up on was resolved on Jul 07, 2020. Telkom SA SOC has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2309 reviews. Telkom SA SOC has resolved 35 complaints.

Telkom SA SOC Customer Service Contacts

2nd Floor, Telkom Mobile Building, 92 Oak Avenue, Highveld Park
Centurion

South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Telkom SA SOC Customer Service. Initial Telkom SA SOC complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Telkom SA SOC above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Telkom SA SOC. Discuss the issues you have had with Telkom SA SOC and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews, Page 45

Telkom SA SOCtelkom

Adsl stopped connecting 14 march 2018. Contacted mweb. Recommended I test my router. Telkom tested it and informed it was functional. 17 march mweb and I lodged a fault report with telkom. Contacted by open serve on tuesday. Said they will allocate a technician. Technician rocks up on saturday. No prior call to inform line at exchange tested ok, but technician wants to check the internal connection. Technician tests show issue with router. Does not want to entertain any discussion that router was tested and declared functional by telkom. We go to. Telkom offices, where lady is surprised that I am back when router tested ok a week ago. Retests. Router fails. Technician gets cocky and starts lecturing about people wanting to blame telkom. I leave technician at the mall. Get a few strange calls about other technicians wanting to come test the modem during the week.in addition technician claims to have lest equipment at my home. I was not available for technician come search for equipment. Not can I find the equipment. Suddenly my phone line is dead. Report this on the28 march 2018. Not a single word from telkom as yet. Currently no landline (sabotaged?) and no internet. How greedy useless is telkom?

Telkomadsl

On 25th march 2018... Our adsl connection stopped working... I reported to telkom faults on 26th march 2018... To which a technician came through around lunch time.. Did some check up and left with no communication as to what was wrong. I called telkom faults again on 27th... Only to be told the technician has handed "the problem" to another technician from. The cable department.

Today...4th april 2018... I have since contacted telkom faults department more than 30 to 40 times only to be told... The technician has been given the job. Apparantly the technician has been to the site this morning at 8.30am... Site being my residence... But I never saw anyone... Nor did anyone come to my residence to fix the problem! Ive even sent an email to report... But received no response!!!

Down with telkom!!! Pathethic service... Very disappointing!!!

Telkom SA SOCcustomer service and adsl line

My lines went down on the 23rd march 2018.
      I called and they lodged a fault called back on monday about the progress.

Telkom call center agents drops calls on me several times.

Called again every agents give you a different excuse its your outstanding balance so I go and pay the outstanding balance for that month and still no wifi.

Called again the next day and then they say its a line fault wow so finally they figured what was wrong.

Its been almost 2weeks and still no luck with them telling me about the progress or when a technician will come out..

Telkom are thieves and liars

They shouldn't be in business this is daylight robbery.

We are actually paying them for stealing our money

Telkom SA SOCdebit order being taken twice a month even if the contract was cancelled 1 year and 3 months back

I canclled my wifi contract with Telkom in Dec 2016.I had to give 30 days notice which I did.Then when I realised it is still not cancelled I emailed the cancellation forms again, i also went to the Eastrand mall Telkom brach as well as the Carnival mall branch, but they said they cant help me because they don't deal with queries.
        I phoned allthe numbers I could find on the internet and from my bank where the debit order was debited from.The tel lines are just ringing and ringing.Evetually I got hold of someone who told me I must lodge a complaint or qeurie via email which I did, but was told that I will receive a response after 21 days.No respons.
        Then a few months later I got hold of someone and was told to email all the details, I did forward everything again!!!
        Then the response emails just stopped.No more answering me back.I don't know who to call or email anymore.
        [protected]@telkom.co.za was the email adres where I send the mails to this year and then the person just stopped answering me back.
        Can someone please send me a contact number or email adres or any contact details please !!!.

My contact details are [protected] or [protected]@polka.co.za

Telkomservice delivery

Telkom lines not working as from last week. No tel lines or internet lines working. Fault was reported and several calls made. REF number [protected] on 29 March. Again phoned on 03/04/2018 for follow up and feedback is that technicians work on problem. Later the same afternoon a different consultant advice that nothing was done as there was no escalation number. Why was the one consultant advice that they are working on the problem and other advice nothing was done and I must received a escalation number. Now for nearly a week nothing done.

Telkom SA SOCtelkom changed my contract for data

I had signed a contract in 2016 for 5 gigs of data and a huawei tablet for r169 per month. The last few months my data had just disappeared. This month I saw I can only get 500 mega bites which I didn't even received. I called the call centre that could only logged a call after 45 minutes. I went to Telkom [protected]@reds and the lady couldn't help me at all. The more I said I had signed a contract for 5 gigs, the more she said I am on a contract for 500 mega bites. She doesn't want to listen and she was totally unable to help me. This month I didn't receive any data!
            How is it possible that telkom can just change your contract???

telkom changed my contract for data

Telkom SA SOC — faulty landline since 24/03/2018

Good day Could you please attend to this complain, our landline is faulty (totally dead). Problem were...

Telkom SA SOCcancellation of contract

Good day I canceled my data Sim on the 30th of January 2018 after receiving it the day before (7 day cooling off) and its April and this is still not resolved and my account is still being debited. I have called customer services and cancelations sent emails numerous times to get this resolved but this always resulted in deadends please assist me urgently with this matter

Telkom SA SOC — telkom data and free airtime

I loaded R 150 airtime on the 30/03/2018 with R 10 emergency and bought a 5gig data bundle on the monice...

Johannesburg

Telkom Mobilerefund

Last year (may 2017) I cancelled a contract with telkom mobile, however every month der after i was still being billed for the cancelled contract. After numerous calls and visits to the branch and a number of casesbeing opend the contract was finally cancelled in 2018 Jan. There after all of the calls to the call center I was advised that I will be refunded for all the months I have been billed. Till today I am having a problem to even have my call returned by a manager from the customer service, every time I phone I am advised that the manager will call me back shortly but never ends doing so. This is by far my worst experience with any service provider I have come a cross. To top it all up I was advise that the case that was opened for my refund was closed because they did not receive my banking details. How on earth is this possible of they do not contact me back or update me on the progress but more pathetic is that they bill me every month from my bank account which means they have the details on hand. By far the worst customer service in history from such a big company. Either the staff is not trained correctly or there is no management on site or there system is equipped to handle queries but never will I recommend telkom mobile to any one due to the extremely poor customer service and follow up. It will be highly appreciated if a senior person from telkom mobile customer services can contact me to help take away this foul taste that's left in my mouth after dealing with their customer service. I am also going to be trying to get ahold of telkom mobiles head office and any other complaints board to report this matter as it is a huge waste of my time, energy and sleep.

Telkom SA SOClandline cancellation

Have tried to cancel my landline since 09/02/2018 sent my cancellation form in 4 times, phoned lost count if times phoned, emailed 5 times done the chat line.every time told it was being sorted nothing done. Last time phoned got a reference number 193477164A that the line will be cancelled on the 21/3/2018 as of yesterday not done. Sick of all the lies and incompetence being billed every month but im not paying. I am now going to take it to the ombudsman. The line in question is [protected] if anybody at telkom sees this to sort it out.Never mind my credit rating that i have for 60 years at A+ proberly going down the tubes now.

Telkom SA SOCmy telkom fiber is not working, i'm being charged for it, telkom deny I have fiber

I've been paying for Fibre since roughly sep'16 but I still don't have working fibre and haven't managed to log a call through the Telkom call centre. When i try to log a call, they insist i don't have Fibre. They ask for a 'Bin' or B? number which i don't have.

Vumatel installed my fiber in July'16. I then chose Telkom as my service provider. They sent Vumatel out to install my free modem, and my fiber worked for roughly a month. I battled to log a call for it but finally managed, and had someone in CT phone me back who admitted that he could see that the installation was done half. He 'fixed' it, and my fiber worked again for roughly a month, and hasn't worked since.

I have since then not been able to report it successfully again. They keep on insisting that I don't have fibre, even telling me that I can't have fibre as I still have Adsl. I tried explaining that I'm waiting for my fibre to work so that I can cancel my Adsl and that the 2 are not related, but I've given up, as I just couldn't get them to report it and supply me with a reference no. The last time I tried was on 4/2/17, and I think on 15/3/17 as well.

In Oct'17 I suddenly received an outstanding account from Vumatel again and realise that the fact that Telkom never paid that invoice is probably the reason why my fibre is not working.

Account no [protected], in name of C G Boer

I hope to get my fiber working and a refund on my charged fiber since inception.

Rieneke Boer

Telkom SAwifi router

Good day

I have spoken to several agents regarding Telkom debiting my husbands account after cancellation on the 27th of November 2017. I was requested to mail the proof of cancellation and the e-mail address provided to me does not exist and when we request to speak to a supervisor or manager we are declined.

Please assist us we are really desperate for a solution. We have been debited again this morning after an unsuccessful attempt on Monday and it is causing us to have a high bank cost penalty.

May we please request feedback and or progress regarding this. I have all stating documents if requested.

Johan and Judith Pretorius
                      [protected]/[protected]

Telkom SA SOCtelkom free me 1gb top up deal

I experienced a problem with my sim card ([protected]) of which I was adviced that I must do a sim swap. I was also told for me to do the sim swap I must drive to Bloemfontein or Potchefstroom as I am based in Welkom. I then requested a cancellation form which I completed and sent to Telkom on the 27/02/2018. To date I have not received any information with regard to the cancellation. I need Telkom to cancel my Contract with immediate effect

Telkom SA SOCsmartbroadband wireless 20gb deal

I applied for this product last year 2017 around august, the first installment was deducted from my account in 31 august 2017, even although the product was not even operational.
                          I contacted telkom helpline informing them that the wifi broadband 20gb they sold to me is totally not catching signal around my area. They said they are working on it.
                          During the month september 2018, the system was still not working, I phoned telkom complaining after I realized that they made another deduction from my account even though the wifi was still not working...!!
                          The consultant checked from their system and confirmed to me that its true the area im residing on does not have a telkom network and its not possible for the wifi broadband to function and that she will report the matter and telkom will refund me all the monies charged', she even gave me a case number for that matter...!!
                          Today is the 28 march 2018 and still the issue is not addressed and telkom is still making deduction from my account..!!
                          And to make matters worse, the 081180 contact number that telkom is desplaying on their account and the customer careline 10210 and other number given as assistance or whatever they call them number are just there to distract customer cause ive tried almost all of them without any assistant...!!

Telkom SA SOCservice

In November 2017 i requested that Telkom move my line and ADSL to my new address. In December i queried when it would be done and was told i would be contacted after the second week in January. In January no one contacted me, so i called telkom again and was advised that the order was stuck on the system. They advised they would escalate the problem. By end of January i had no feedback. I requested that telkom cancel all services and close the account as no one could solve the order problem. I have now waited 2 months later and the accounts are still not closed. I have called Telkom for more than an hour at a time and everytime i am told that it is escalated. The worst part of this is that i am forced to pay telkom everymonth for services i do not have. I cant keep phoning for escalations that do not happen. I need the account closed and my money for the last 3 month's refunded!!! My contact number is [protected]. I would apprecaite any assistance.

Telkomservice

I applied in the beginning of December 2017 to have my telephone line moved as I moved home. This was all done online, without any problems. I was patient as it was holidays and understood that places closed and also that turnaround time is 21 working days. I called Telkom towards the end of December and was promised that my line will be working by the 4th of January 2018. Comes 4th still nothing I was patient again and waited and waited on the 9th I called again. They managed to look into my problem and found that my request was still sitting at credit verification. They promised that I would receive a SMS within 24 hours letting me know when they will be around to install my line. Come February, still no line and no feedback from them unless I call and hang on for ages. March came and a Technician showed up, had a look around and said no there is no lines to my house, they had to wait for parts it would take two weeks the longest, that was three weeks ago. I am struggling to do my work. Yet I am receiving invoices still from Telkom

• Re
                                  Reiner Jager Mar 28, 2018

Hallo. I want to cancel my landline plus internet from the first of April. We are moving and there are no landlines of wifi. Who must I contact to do it
                                  R Jager. [protected]

Telkom SA SOCno service

Telkomza - Discussed with Telkom Service. I logged a call on the 20/3/2018 - Called everyday - Held on for 15 to 20min each time - they promise me the moon and stars... but nothing... I hear today after the 7th day - that it was never escalated - I have to call tomorrow to escalate the fault - This is totally unacceptable my log number - 228ctk200318

Telkom SA SOCbilling problem

On the 27 December we had fibre optic line installed. Our phone number [protected]. We no longer had a fixed line. But we continue to be charged for the fixed line. Numerous phone calls to the Telkom call centre has not resolved the issue. They promise that someone from accounts will phone us but the don't. I have 14 case /ref numbers but will list only two.
                                  [protected]
                                  We signed up for the product Unlimited Home (Fibre/DSL) which was to cost R599 per month for 4Mbps.
                                  Because we are paying for the fixed line as well as the fibre optic line our bill is in the region of R900. The withdrawal limit on the account is R700. So now we are being charged interest.
                                  Please help. We are pensioners and my husband has a heart condition which becomes worse with added stress.
                                  Please can someone help us to sort out this billing problem?

Telkom SA SOClaptop sales dell 5 core

I have applied to buy a laptop Dell 5 core as upgrade from my old laptop it's been 4 months and they still don't have stock. They are advertising this product still in there booklets and this after they know they don't have stock anywhere in South Africa. How is this possible where is the consumer act on false advertising. This is not the first time after I upgrade to wait for products. With all my previous upgrades whether it's a phone or laptop I always have to wait. I don't have a problem waiting for 2 to 3 weeks but 4 months is ridiculous. Please help me on this Mari [protected]