Having problems with Telkom SA SOC?

Telkom SA SOC reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 16, 2006. The latest review Incorrect billing was posted on Sep 17, 2021. The latest complaint Excess fee pid claim not followed up on was resolved on Jul 07, 2020. Telkom SA SOC has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2288 reviews. Telkom SA SOC has resolved 35 complaints.

Telkom SA SOC Customer Service Contacts

2nd Floor, Telkom Mobile Building, 92 Oak Avenue, Highveld Park
Centurion

South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Telkom SA SOC Customer Service. Initial Telkom SA SOC complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Telkom SA SOC above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Telkom SA SOC. Discuss the issues you have had with Telkom SA SOC and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews, Page 43

Telkom SA SOCdouble payment in one month

Just over 1 month ago Telkom took money from my bank account after I settled my account and terminated my contract.

I can't get hold of an email address online to contact them. The chat service is not working properly because i am not in SA. I refuse to spend money hold on a hotline.

Can this matter really be that hard to resolve??? Telkom already confirmed that they made the mistake. Why the delay? Why the lack of communication? If a customer own them money, they are quickly to follow up...

The customer service is extremely poor!

Telkom SA SOCrefund of monies

Good day
    i have been batteling to get the r299 that telkom took out from my banking account in december 2017. I have emailed telkom three times to different consultants with proof of the deduction. They have now added the proof to my telkom account profile yet still no payment has been made. Today i spoke to one of the managers in connection with my case: [protected] and she informed me that it has been escalated to the correct department, in which the call ended after i informed her it was escalated 12 days ago and not one consultant has bothered to contact me as promised the following day. I have informed telkom that i dont want a credit but i want a refund instead. They are aware of this but still after 3 and half months still no refund. The proof of deduction of r299 is attached. Hopefully you will be able to assist me. Thanking you kindly. Mrs l. Van den berg. Contact [protected] or you can email me at [protected]@gmail.Com

Telkom Mobilenot delivering contract agreement & no customer care in accounts dept

I have a list of issues that no-one is attending to. I have been to 4 different Telkom shops and have spent many hours on phone calls without any resolution. And most of the time, call centre does not answer the phone.

I found an email address for the accounts department to credit my account for invoices that are not billed according to the contract I signed, but they sent an email back to say I must call the call centre. So no-one is doing any work.

I have problems with all my accounts.
      Account no: [protected]
      I've been paying this account for a year and up to today, no-one had assisted me at how the hotspot service works. Firstly, I was misinformed when you sold me the router. Why would I by a router to work from home, so I must go to a hotspot? Your sales person sold 10Gig a month data. I can't find a hotspot in my area. And when I did find one, I had no password. Then I found the password, but I couldn't do any of my work, because all the sites were blocked.

Account no: [protected]
      I contacted Broadband internet for 10gig wireless with the Huawei B315LTD device. I was quoted R249 per month.
      I received the Smart Broadband Wireless 5GB deal and I'm paying R420.97 !

I have been struggling with broadband and Telkom since November 2017, to no avail.

I also run out of data much faster than I ever didn't while I was on Axxess, so are you stealing my data again?

I have tried everything to sort this out and I'm happy to upgrade to the quoted 60Gig deal at R549, but I know that is not what I will be getting. In the meaning, I have to top up everyday and the data is costing me a fortune. (This phone nr is [protected])

Because I ran out of data again and again, I bought data from my ABSA account for R500. (10gig). Only to realise that I can't use it. After 3 days of trying to get someone to phone me back, I was told that I mistakenly bought data for wifi-hotspot. I thought wifi data is for my wifi device. Again, a waste of money, because no wifi hotspots available.

Reference numbers for lodging my queries : [protected], [protected]

Telkom SA SOCinternet line down

To Whom It May Concern

I logged a call on 30/03/2018 for a fault on my internet line [protected] where I'm unable to connect to the internet. Fault Ref.[protected].

I have been receiving sms's since 03/04/2014 stating that the issues have been resolved and the call will be closed but nothing has been resolved. I'm still sitting without internet connection.

A Technician came out twice and his feedback was that there's no Data coming through my line.
        I have been calling every day for an update, but nobody can tell me anything, but every day I receive a SMS saying that this issue was resolved. I spoke to one of your call Centre Agents on Friday evening 06/04/2018 and she informed me that there was a fault on the line in my area but can see I logged the call a week ago and understand my frustrations because whenever I call for a update the person that "helps" me walks me through a router configuration which never helps. She escalated my call and forwarded my concerns and frustrations to her manager and technicians.
        Yesterday 08/04/2018 I received a SMS stating that the problem has been resolve but I'm still without internet connection. I called in immediately and Call Centre agent was very helpful by telling me that the system they use to check progress on faults was down, so she doesn't know why I received the SMS.

This morning I called again to get feedback because I'm still without internet connection and the person that helped me could just tell me that there is still a fault on my line "I'm aware of the fault and that's the reason for my call" He couldn't give me any other information accept that the escalation of my fault that was promised to me on Friday actually was logged on Friday but also said that the escalation didn't and possibly won't do anything to my situation.

I'm not holding my breath for any results to come from this mail because I've learnt to deal with the empty promises, unprofessionalism and neverminded of customer satisfaction that I have been experiencing from Telkom.

Nigel Hendricks

PS. I was also told to replace my router, which I did.

Telkom SA SOCtermination of telkom adsl

Acc no [protected]. I have requested the termination of the Telkom ADSL in my home on the 17th January 2018. I went into the Telkom shop at the Somerset Mall and filled in and handed in to the shop my termination request. Nothing has been done about this. I have called your customer care center twice and emailed the termination documents to the call center twice, since going into the Telkom shop in January. I have not received a reference no for this request and am still being billed for an ADSL line that I am not using. We have fiber supplied bu MTN.
          This request is being completely ignored. I find this absolutely unacceptable. This is the most appalling service.
          I have today, 9 th April received a Telkom bill which is still billing me for ADSL services which we haven, t used since the middle of January. Pull up your socks Telkom, this is not acceptable.

• Mb
              MB1000 Jun 04, 2018

I have the same problem. Cancelled my service on 26 February 2018 via the Telkom website (a recent visit to Telkom centre proved this is in fact the correct procedure). My line was cancelled (no longer working) within 3 days, but I am still being billed every month. I received confirmation that my cancellation was received by Telkom and they sent me ghree reference numbers.
              The service centre indicated they can not assist and I have to work through the call centre. After a 15 minute call, I was told the matter was escalated to their cancellations department. The operator refused to send a copy of the correspondence to me. Even though I asked, she also couldn't give me a reference number.
              The Call Centre indicated that my service still showed as active on their system and she took note of my reference numbers.
              Apparently the cancellation will now happen, but I'll have to go back (Call Centre?!) To initiate the process of getting a refund on the amounts deducted from me.
              The problem is, though, that I have no guarantee they will do anything, nor do I have proof that I ever spoke to anyone. This is unacceptable!
              [email protected]

• Be
              Bevlin Apr 10, 2018

I am sorry to tell you this but we have been struggling since July 2017 when my son relocated from PE to CT and cancelled his Telkom line and ADSL. We logged it telephonically, at Telkom Direct, sent fax to the number they gave us and emailed to [email protected] and subsequently regular calls to call centre followed by email with all supporting documents to call centre staff who promised to escalate and still nothing. My son is now blacklisted at the credit bureaus and has an account of over R11000! Searching for solutions on how to tackle the problem online all I find are the same complaints by people like yourself in plenty. I have tried visualising what happens when the request goes through and there must be a huge file 13 somewhere at Telkom. I cannot believe they employ so many people and yet cannot do simple requests like this. Sorry I am offloading but perhaps we should be starting a petition on Facebook or Twitter for all the Telkom complainants and maybe then we will get some results.

Telkom SA SOCtelkom refusing to cancel my contract

I have been since February trying to cancel two of my numbers with Telkom. The one contract has expired, the other was a month-to-month. I have submitted the cancellation form together with a copy of my ID, as required, countless times. I have spoken to a number of people at the callcentre. I submitted cancelation form to Cancelations, [protected]@telkom, [protected]@telkom, [protected]@telkom... NONE have processed the cancelation. The 21 day period has come and gone. I have gone in and out of branches in Centurion and Brooklyn, have complained on Hellopeter and on FB, STILL... Telkom refuses to cancel these numbers. Instead they are sending me invoices billing me an amount of R450 for there very numbers. I have never seen a company that is cheating people like this.

Telkom SA SOCadsl uncapped telkom internet

I sighned a contract with Telkom 5meg line uncapped.
              From start there were problems with the line sometimes no internet other times very slow phoned several times, after resetting problem still exist, sending tecnition checking finding lines were not right promise other people will come to repair, people came said new lines needs to be installed but never came back.Doing speedtest sometimes only 0.89 download speed, i feel i am paying for 10 meg line never had 10 meg.The cables of Telkom are hanging down nearly touthing the ground, pole completely broken off .

Telkomcan't send emails.

In the middle of February we reported that we could receive emails but could NOT send emails from [protected]@ telkomsa.net The issue still exists after numerous complaints to the call centre and emails sent to natcc ( via do messaging which is slow and pathetic ) we've been given various ref. The ref. numbers are as follows 902CRK190218, [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] and 1094202.The later is the latest ref.no. Customer service staff have logged but not dispatched or not sent to right dept. All these references relate to the same issue - can't send emails from the aforesaid email address. In addition all our personal folders in the inbox disappeared after our initial call when they tried to solve the problem telephonically and set us up with do messaging!!! We are paying for a non existent service and getting nowhere fast due to lack of incompetent staff who couldn't be bothered and have absolutely no understanding of what they are doing. Any suggestions on who to call / what action we need to take. Will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you. Regards, Mrs. Debbie Mills

Telkom SA SOCrude service consultant in store

I visited the Telkom store in Mall @Reds today to cancel my WiFi contract which ends this month (due to connection/connectivity issues in our area). After filling out the forms in store I was told by the service consultant Amanda Ntuli that I myself would still have to scan the form myself and email it through myself. She was very rude when I asked her then what was the point of coming into store if I have to still scan and email the forms myself, which I didn't have to do when dealing with Vodacom and such. She cut me off mid-sentence by dismissing me goodbye. I found this very rude and when I asked her for her name she tossed me a pen and told me I must write it down myself. Also while she was busy with my query she was chewing very loudly, texting on her personal phone and took a personal call as well. I must say that this has left a very bad impression with me and I now doubt that we would consider any Telkom products in the future even if connectivity improved in our area.

Telkom SA SOCadsl service

Customer Reported Fault Ref: [protected], Logged 01-04-18 at 10:16
                    I keep phoning [protected] with the person answering giving conflicting updated/stories.
                    Received a call from [protected] April 2018 at 09:09am not sure of Technician Name.
                    I was not home he came to the house on 05 April morning and could not resolve the problem of ADSL Line Not Synchronising. He advised it's a power issue and used his power adapter in my ADSL Modem. He states the line is working we should get a new power adapter/modem.
                    I tested a telephone and confirm the phone line is working, however ADSL is a problem.
                    Technicians on phone advised issue is outside not inside house, something to do with ports at exchange or something outside.
                    He left his power adapter in the morning and stated he is coming back in 1 hour.
                    He only came back the next day.
                    The so called technician that came out provided an impression of not being qualified for the job and unethical.
                    To date my ADSL line is still not synchronising. I requested for another technician to be assigned, however the [protected] people gives me same said story that Danny or Daniel is still assigned.
                    Telkom Service is gone critically bad, incompetent staff/contractors etc.
                    Never had we experienced such problems in the very past, however recently terrible service.
                    Don't even have turnaround times as part of a basic SLA.
                    [protected] people saying they don't know which technicians is allocated to the area at a time.
                    Advised testing centre allocates technician out. Can't even provide contact details for testing centre and don't even know turnaround times.
                    Looks like the situation is deteriorating day by day. Not only from my experience but from the people I speak to on a daily basis that makes use or try to make use of a Telkom service.

Telkom SA SOCbilling problems

I took a contract with telkom in january 2018 and provided them with details for debit order on the 1st of every month. End of the month full amount of money was not debited from my account. Eventually r2000 was debited from account on the 20 march 2018 and r524.90 was debited on the 23 march from my account. On the 05 april 2018 my account was suspended for not paying and the monthly installment of r899 was not debited from my account. Whose fault is it that your company is not doing their job, why am I bobbing punished for your administration errors. I spoke to mr clement makhura on the 05 march 2018 who was not polite and helping at all. I send him proof of payment on the 06 april 2018 and I am tired calling telkom using this numbers 10219, 10210, 10212 and they are all not answered.

I am very frustrated by your service.

Ursula mabela [protected] /[protected]

Telkom SA SOCsim card disconnected

My account is still suspended and the call center still does not pick up I went to Telkom N1 city branch today after i was told yesterday by an incompetent employee of theirs that my line should be sorted in the next few hours its been 24 hours still nothing and I have received no response from telkom with regards to my other complaint today i was told i need to wait 5 days. this is the worst service I have ever received i think the **** that assisted me yesterday his name is Riyaad or something and i wanted to speak to the manager but that never happened i also am unable to connect my wifi and i'm preparing for my exams and i need to be online.

I'm waiting for someone to call me or acknowledge my complaint because they clearly don't .

Telkom SA SOClte router faulty, empty promises but no action.

I acquired LTE router on 15 March 2018. Faulty out of the box. Reported to 081180. Case number [protected], with undertaking that the problem would be resolved within 72 hours. After many follow up calls to 081180 nothing was done and the case closed on 5 April 2018 without being resolved. New case number, [protected] issued after yet another call to 081180. More promises but no action. Thus after more than two weeks and more than four hours on the phone, Telkom has done exactly nothing about the faulty equipment they supplied and continue to charge for.

• Updated by FM100 · Apr 10, 2018

New case number issued. Still nothing was done about the actual problem - having been supplied with a faulty router. 72 hour promised turnaround time now at 18 days and counting. Go Telkom!

• Updated by FM100 · Apr 12, 2018

My case has now been escalated to a supervisor. The outcome? Nothing is being done, but now by a supervisor rather than an operator. Maybe it will in time be escalated to be ignored by the CEO. Go Telkom!

• Updated by FM100 · Apr 12, 2018

The Telkom franchised store in Kilarney resolved my problem though they were not obliged to do so, due to the device having been acquired directly from Telkom via their online store. Thank you to the manager of the Kilarney store.

Telkom Mobilebilling charges

Hi,
                            I need to lodge a complaint regarding the 2 debit order rejection charges telkom have included on my account because of you own staff incompetence which now is inconveniences me as I have a full time job to deal with rather than running around and fixing telkom problems.
                            1. I called your call center in february 2018 advising them of banking details change and the person who updated my banking details advised me that it won't be going off in february and only will start in march and I was advised to pay my account cash which I did not have a problem with. I also called back a few days late and confirmed what the agent told me that the debit order won't be going off my bank account and I made payment via eft on the 23rd february 2018 only for the debit order to go off after I already paid!! I called my bank and reversed the debit order (which by the way my bank charges me for doing a debit order reversal!)
                            2. At the beginning of the month of march, I went to the pavillion and advised a lady gwen to advise that I won't be upgrading my contract for [protected] that was due for an upgrade and needed it terminated and in a process requested the debit order to be cancelled as I had decided that I will be making payment by eft since I was still pissed off about what had happened in february but since your company is always getting it wrong the detit order was not cancelled and again same thing happened I pay via eft and you go debit me and again I end up having to tell the bank to reverse!
                            I have gone online yesterday and have notices 2 charges of r200.94 for payment rejection fee in my account due end of april 2018!!! Are you people crazy??? How does your staff incompetence end up being my problem and have to be charged for it? It's enough that I have to deal with telkom's poor network coverage everyday but this I cannot deal with!

Telkom SA SOCbilling issue

hi
                              I was called by Telkom mobile to upgrade one of my contracts which I did last month, now today I received my incoive for this month and have to pay an extra R4000 carryover fee for my old device. no one told me about this otherwise I would have waited the total period out. this is very bad service, im trying to call Telkom for the last hour but on hold the whole time.

Telkom SA SOCcontract refund

Good day I went to Telkom somerset west in october 2017 to cancel my contract as my 2 years has expired. So the consultant send my cancellation to the wrong department and it never got cancelled they kept on deducting money out of my account till end of January 2018. Eventually when my contract got cancelled I requested a refund from telkom for the money they deducting seeing that the fault was internally and not mine. It git approved and february 2018 I got the first call saying they going to refund me and I waited a month later they called again saying they dont have my banking details I need to send a statement. Struggled with 4 consultants that gave me their names as references and eventually spoke to a consultant called Bryce that convinced me that my money will be in the same day or the next and even put his career on line to ensure me. Its a week later I dont get through to customer care and no one has contacted me and I still havent received my refund.

Telkom SA SOCbad service and over charge account

I have been struggleling with telkom from the start. Every time telkom tells us its the line. And the mainboard. They came out and fix a line and now the charge me again. I have been paying 2 times for the lines. When I moved I payd for another line to been put in. We payd and 3 weeks later they only came. Every time we have a problem or theres a system problem they keep on charging us more. My husband phoned 1000 rand iut on his contract phoneb to try and get telkoms attention. Telkom is patetic. I am suppouse to pay 1000 on a 20 meg line that we had been upgrade. Now you charge me 1250.

If the service dont get better and you fix my acount I will close my acount and will take teljom to court for keeping charging me extra and for the times that I payd and did not have the telkom line. For that I was suppouse to be refund or credited.

Wanda duplessis
                                  [protected]
                                  [protected]

bad service and over charge account

Telkom SA SOCadsl line speed and phone line dead

I have a supposed telkom 10mbps adsl line on the above number. Since this rubbish has been installed in october 2017 I have never had close to the 10mbps download speed as quoted. Numerous complaints have been logged by me and every time I am told that they (telkom useless technicians) can find nothing fault on the line. Yet the speed fluctuates between 1mbps to 4.5mbps at any given time. Never more than 5mbps. Why do I have to keep on paying for a service I am not getting as promised. Please come and remove your telkom equipment and cancel the supposed 10mbps adsl line contract with immediate effect. Should this not be done within the next 24 hours I will start legal proceedings with all the facts at hand. I am fedup with being exploited by the likes of telkom and the no care attitude they have towards their customers. All I have been asking is to get the actual product that I am paying for, and you never have to ask for the payment, but all I get from telkom is a bunch of excuses and no product!!!

24 hours - either I have the 10mbps line continuously by then or you have fetched your equipment and cancelled my contract.

And as a bonus complaint, my telephone line is also not working at all!!!

Awaiting your soonest reply.

Johan de Beer Apr 05, 2018

We had exactly the same experience. After 6 months of no service, we just opt out and installed a wireless (VOIP) service. Never looked back.

Telkom SA SOCdifficulty to cancel a mobile contract [protected]

On 31 January I submitted the required cancellation form with supporting documents as required to cancel my mobile wi-fi contract. The debit order continued to be taken from my account and I subsequently stopped the debit order. I sent an email to this effect and again requesting the cancellation only to have a double debit order taken from my account which I instructed the bank to reverse. Today I received the account for 3 months billing. I phoned the call center (081 180) 3 times today. Twice the number was not available and the third an engage tone was all I received. I experienced exactly the same problem when I tried to cancel my fixed line in March 2016.

It seems like this is the modus operandi of Telkom. So easy to open an account but impossible top close it!!

I will not entertain legal claims for arrears accounts since this also seems to be a Telkom tactic.

Please see to it that this account on [protected] is closed.

Telkom SA SOCtelkom

Adsl stopped connecting 14 march 2018. Contacted mweb. Recommended I test my router. Telkom tested it and informed it was functional. 17 march mweb and I lodged a fault report with telkom. Contacted by open serve on tuesday. Said they will allocate a technician. Technician rocks up on saturday. No prior call to inform line at exchange tested ok, but technician wants to check the internal connection. Technician tests show issue with router. Does not want to entertain any discussion that router was tested and declared functional by telkom. We go to. Telkom offices, where lady is surprised that I am back when router tested ok a week ago. Retests. Router fails. Technician gets cocky and starts lecturing about people wanting to blame telkom. I leave technician at the mall. Get a few strange calls about other technicians wanting to come test the modem during the week.in addition technician claims to have lest equipment at my home. I was not available for technician come search for equipment. Not can I find the equipment. Suddenly my phone line is dead. Report this on the28 march 2018. Not a single word from telkom as yet. Currently no landline (sabotaged?) and no internet. How greedy useless is telkom?