TD Bankcustomer service/wait time

B

WORLDS MOST CONVENIENT BANK???!!! Voted by WHOM? Board of Directors??? Certainly NOT the customers. The only thing convenient about TD Bank and the former Commerce Bank is the fact that they are open on Sunday. Waiting time on their convenient drive up windows is OUTRAGEOUS! Always have a problem there but today was the last straw! Pulled up on one of the 5 or 6 drive ups and had 3 cars in front of me at 5:55 to transfer funds from my 16 year olds savings account to our joint checking in order to split cost of a new computer with him. Sound simple? Noooooo. After waiting on line for 29 minutes...29 MINUTES I was told I was not custodian of his account because it was my husband that went with him to open it in the first place. I had the 16 year old with me and they would not let us take $400 from his account and put into the family account. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Going on simultaneously (sp) was some poor guy who just wanted to deposit his paycheck and take a little out BUT he could not because he did not have enough in HIS account to cover the paycheck! What the %$#@*&^%??? ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION. I AM DONE!!! Closed my personal little account a year ago for poor service and now I am closing both of our son's savings and our family account. Did I mention HOW many times I received the wrong amount of cash back when depositing/cashing a check and one time even had to do the math on a piece of paper for the stupid teller so she could understand? THAT was in Brick. Never bank with them and and NOT COUNT YOUR MONEY!!! RUDE NASTY SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW AND REALLLYYYYY DOWNRIGHT FREAKIN IGNORANT! BANKING CUSTOMERS...BEWARE!!! CONVENIENT BANK??? Your so funny!

• D7
    D7188998 Nov 02, 2009

1) Let's figure that you have 5 or 6 lanes of drive thru, and you have no more than 2 tellers working their best to get all the transactions taken care of... Now factor in, customers messing up deposit slips, customers not being prepared, and the ever so popular customers who expect you to practically wipe their ### when they get to window.. and you will in turn have a 30 minute drive thru line, no matter what bank you visit.

2) You want access to your son's account, have your name on the account in addition to your husbands.. You're not the president.. the tellers don't know who you are. Simple. Or you can stop being so ignorant towards technology and just get online banking. It's really obviously that you have a computer and a lot of free time considering you are posting complaints on a website.

3) The guy who wanted cash back from his paycheck, I have no sympathy for. It's our policy as well as just about every other bank, that you need money in your account to back up what the bank is currently "loaning" you. They don't know if that person is just going to spend all the money, and then whoa what do you know, the check bounces and yet another negative balance is put into the computer. The check needs time to be reviewed and processed because tellers don't have the magical power to see if a check is "good" if its from an account not at the same bank. ### happens, thats just the way it goes. And who's going to be the first one rushing into the bank because their balance is negative, thats right...the customer. So if you need your paycheck that bad.. because you and your family are on the floor and starving to death, then.. hey go cash at it at the bank written on the check and close your account... because if you can't wait a day for your check to clear then you probably don't deserve to have a bank account anyway. And if you can't get yourself to the bank before we switch to the next business day, your problem.

4) People make mistakes, so its ridiculous that your going to judge the fate of an entire bank based on the fact that someone miscounted your money a few times. Maybe it was that tellers have to multitask on top of dealing with nasty customers like you who probably have terrible handwriting and don't understand how to fill out a deposit slip. And if I'm wrong about that, it's very difficult to count the proper amount of money when you have 6 people trying to get your attention at one time, so pardon if from time to time you have to ask them to correct it for your impatient self. And if you had to the math for the teller, chances are you were being unclear in the first place or THAT teller was just freaking stupid. End of story.

Hide your money under your mattress from now on because its obvious you don't know how to handle yourself in public places. "You're so funny"

• Za
    zannie Nov 17, 2009

To: D7188998
    It is because of people like you who work at TD "bank" I will never be a customer again. You are RUDE RUDE RUDE. I work in IT and if i have made as many mistakes as your people made, i would be fired! But thank got i am smarter than that

• D7
    D7188998 Dec 01, 2009

Yes, I'm an employee. However, I am by no means a rude employee. I don't agree with all the bank's policies either. I just can't stand how people are so quick to place the blame on the employees of a business. Yes, there are people that don't do their job. But coming from someone who does do their job, I expect to not get treated like a idiot from time to time. And if you are so smart and hardly ever make mistakes, than I suggest you put your smarts to better use.