[Resolved] TATA IndicomTata indicom is a scam!

R

I had booked for a tataindicom broadband connection. I had got in touch with the sales person and he visited my residence, as per procedure and collected all the necessary documents and i paid him 500/- as cash, 50/- as his charge!! Well i was promised the connection in 2 days, but its already 15 days now and still i have no clue whats the status of my connection. Well the sales guy whom i had contacted doesn't pick my call. I called up customer care to check about it, but they asked for application number. I stated the application no which was mentioned on the form, but they said its invalid and they cant help!!

Well my question Is TataI ndicom is aware about these sales guys, as that guy had a ID of the Co?? If so how can they say that they are responsible??

Well i have submitted documents also, i am not sure whom to approach!! But i would request others please don't trust the sales guys, they are more or less cheaters!! Please be careful before submitting your documents. Don't pay the deposit until and unless u get the connection!!

RESOLVED

• Tata Teleservices's response · May 24, 2010

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

• Tata Teleservices's response · Aug 14, 2010

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through because of us and request you kindly provide us your e-mail Id, Tata Indicom number or your alternate contact number to get in touch with you.

Dear Mr. Anjul Kumar

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have registered your complaint vide docket number NTT0711240702 and will revert to you shortly.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, we are unable to trace your records with the given number 9230018577, hence request you to kindly provide the correct connection details i.e, account number or application number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, the speed of Tata Indicom Photon+ is Upto 3.1 Mbps Downlink but the actual internet speed will depend on multiple factors like, time of the day, number of simultaneous users, web page accessed, etc.

• Tata Teleservices's response · Feb 17, 2011

Dear Mr.Niranjan

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have confirmed from concerned department that the issue has been resolved, you already received refund cheque.

• Tata Teleservices's response · Apr 27, 2011

Dear Mr.Ashok,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We earnestly request you to give us a chance to rectify our issues and serve you better.

• Tata Teleservices's response · Jul 09, 2011

Dear Mr. Sumit,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at [email protected] or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

• Tata Teleservices's response · Sep 28, 2011

"Dear Mr. Khagendra,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that, our concern department verified all the records and found that you are wrongly charged. So your amount will be credited in your account.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at [email protected] or you can call us on 040-66570232.

"

• Tata Teleservices's response · Dec 20, 2011

Dear Mr. Virendra,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We regret to inform you that, as per the process we are unable to provide the same number for different circle.

• Tata Teleservices's response · Dec 24, 2011

Dear Mr. Gaurav,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution regarding the complaint on caller tune activation bearing vide docket number BAL0724017013 and weaver has been posted to you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected] or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Customer care

• Tata Teleservices's response · Dec 28, 2011

Dear Mr. Sahil Dogra,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!

We would like to inform you that, we have confirmed from the concerned department that, there was no wrong billing and you are charged as per the usage.

Customer care

Janhavi Jul 21, 2006

I am fed of the tata indicom lines. We are having 5 lines in name of company and one line 67024021 which is our std / ISD line is not working properly. You are giving us the hope that the compliant will be resolved after 6 working hours after lodging the complaint.

But, Sorry to say that these false commitments from your side. I have been put forward the complaint thrice from yesterday but my problem was not resolved till now.

What a horrible service is this???

Look into the matter as earliest that it is affecting the business.

sundar Aug 01, 2006

Now a day's with this advancement in technology! Any one can cheat you if you are not awaken!! It is not only banks.. they will give you bunch of documents and ask you to read a astriks.. But my case is diffrent. Tata indicom is a well known brand. Every one is aware of it. But i have't expected such a bad experience in their site www.tataindicombroadband.co.in. Their payment gate way is complete ###.. It shows your transaction is failed but the money is swiped out of my card.. Even after the month they are not responding to my complaint.. I don't know .. Is there is any government athorites are here to monitor such a frauds... Surly I hav't expect it from TATA..

• Ra
    Ramit Khan Sep 05, 2006

My wife had purchased this LG set with Tata Indicom connection on 25.07.06. After it went blackout on 25.08.2006, the set was handed over to the dealer - M/s AIMA, 164, Bidhan Sarani Kolkata 7000006, India for repair. Though they had assured that the set will be oK within 3 working days we got it back only on 04.09.06. The woman at the shop did not demonstrate the working, saying that the phone is not having any charge left but after putting it in charge at home it would function properly. Today the phone was kept in charge and after switcing it ON - it immdtly again went blackout.

M/s AIMA is refusing to accept any responsibility now.

Anshuman Sep 19, 2006

I am very frusted with the new connection of tataindicom postpaid connection and net services of this company, which has been installed after 20 days and now the net is not working from day one and set display is not working. And there is no one to listen this complaint.

Anshuman
    Asst. Manager
    JAIN TELEVISION
    New Delhi.
    9818092146.

• Sh
    Sharanya Ramachandran Sep 23, 2006

Tata Indicom Broad Band service provider claims that any request made for renewal pack will be delivered within 48 hours. But I am very unhappy to bring to your notice that this is not true. On August 26th I had placed an order for a renewal pack. When I did not get the pack within the stipulated time I kept calling them. Instead of immediate action being taken, the service provider just kept apologising and did not do much to speed up the matter. I got the renewal only after one week.
    The incident was repeated again this week. The order was placed on Wedneday the 20th of September. We got the pack only on 24th evening.

I think this is not in keeping with their claim of delivering within 48 hours.
    A big company like Tata Indicom should ensure that such delays are avoided

• Va
    Vaijayanthi Mala Sep 25, 2006

I have applied for a pre-paid connection 4 months back. Till now I haven't got the connection. I had waited for 1.5 months and then registered a cancellation request, now it is around3 months, not yet got my money back. Everyday I trying to call them, all the numbers provided by them are fake except the customer care which is located at Hyderabad, where they are not able to provide us any details other than a compliant number.

Got Sick of tata indicom broadband connection....

• Ab
    abhimanyu shah Oct 11, 2006

I am using Tata internet connection till 6 months at veraval somnath.I have a fish exporting co. My totally business is overseas company related so my totally business is done via internet. but there is a problem with the internet speed, i cant open a single page.i have to wait for a long time to open a single page. what is this.i cant believe that such a big co. like tata cant solve this problem. i have submitted a lot of emails to the region office of tata. but still i face the same problem.
    i think they dont eager to keep business ahead, & i think they will succeed in their aim.

• Am
    Amarnath Srivastava Oct 18, 2006

I have taken Tata Indicom new connection for Internet and now its almost a month times and they didn’t provide me with the data cable for which I have been charged at the time of the taking the connection. More I have spent some more than Rs300 in calling them and requesting them to give me the same but now they are simply not picking up my call. Also my bill is generated and I didn’t receive me bill and they ask me to pay the bill for the connection which I m not able to use. My due date is 26th and when I asked them that I will pay the bill sharply on first of every month as I will get my salary on that day and If I fail in doing so then they can charge my late fees but they are not ready for that as well they also not ready for changing my billing cycle rather they gave me the idea I can discontinue my connection..I have tried looking for a number where I can seek help but couldn’t find from their website. Please help me

Sanjay Oct 24, 2006

In January i had take one mobile from Tata ( plan 0-1-2-3 ) which was valid for two years. Now all of sudden they had stop this card, now if we want to recharge our card which is essential then this card will be void. I think this is a cheating with customers they had advertise their scheme very largely by 2 famous film stars. I'd mailed them but not got any response. Let me know if any one can help me in this.

Regards,
    sanjay.

santosh Oct 24, 2006

Hello, this is santosh and here i m using tataindicom mobile for last 5 months. Tataindicom is MadarChod number one company. whatever to say to this company is less, i never saw any other ### mobile company.

here they are charging me even for giving miss call.whenever i try to give miss call to anyone, my recharge value reduced. i dont know what they did with my mobile. i m trying to contact sustomet care for last 15 days but i never ever get connected. every service is bad. neither network, nor service, customer care.

can TataIndicom repay me whatever i loss in giving miss call to people? MADARCHOD, if u cant provide god service then stop this company.

wish Tataindom go down and ultimately closed down.

• Na
    narayan solanki Nov 01, 2006

I took tata connection on 14 oct 06 with national roaming plan from jodhpur Rajasthen. The very next day i moved to another state (DELHI) but my handset not working since that. I complained for that to tata hub in jodhpur, delhi & in noida also but they just said that roaming is activated from our server and can not help u any more.

• Pa
    pankaj agarwal Nov 27, 2006

I am having a connection of tata indicom wireless telephone and the staff of the company constantly keep reminding of the bill payment. first they call for whether we have received the bill then they start calling daily 3 -4 days before the due date which is very disturbing i think the authoriy should stop this i have even told them to charge extra if i don't make the payment on time but to stop calling but they don't stop their practice.

• Mi
    Mitchell Jennings Nov 27, 2006

Very poor internet service every 5-10 min. net goes off , i have to refresh all the pages, my down load stops, my chat window goes off , no use of customer care 15-20 min. waiting also no toll-free service, poor reply from service just ask me to restart the computer which will solve my problem.

I think this is very poor service from tata company they are having strong background in indian for there various industries, but internet service is realy poooooooooooor.

• Ve
    venky Dec 13, 2006

I have asked TATA INDICOM to disconnect my connection, take back the instrument and give me back my deposit but have till date no response from these guys for collecting the instrument. Also the stupid IVRS does not give me any option to talk to a agent (human...).

Sad state because i regard the TATA group as the people who have done most to the country even above our freedom fighters.

• Vi
    vishal Puri Dec 14, 2006

never ever take Tata Indicom connection as it will work for only 20% of the time and rest of yr life will go in trying to make them listen to yr complaints and that will still have no effect as the connection will come up only upon it's natural cycle time.

They should be penalized for all the phone calls customers have had to make and the hassle caused.

• Ru
    Rushab Dec 15, 2006

Name Indicom itself is a complaint...

• Pr
    Prabhat Dec 27, 2006

I had a Walky from Tata Indicom. The instrument got defective and the company changed the instrument after much haggling (they keep saying they don't have spare instruments of same type). However, they gave an older type of the instrument, promising that whenever the new type is available, they will replace. However, the time has never come. In spite of repeated calls, they are yet to change and provide me the newer model (my internet kit is operable only on the newer type LSP 350T but they have given me LSP 345 currently).

In addition, they ask for Rs. 1000 to provide me the newer version of the phone (which was the one I was formerly having with me). Suggest everyone do not use TATA Indicom Walky.

• As
    Ashish Jain Dec 27, 2006

I applied for disconnecting two of my Tata Indicom mobiles and after 50 days still the phones are active and am paying the rent for them.

Have logged complaint several times and is every time assured that Tata Indicom technical team will follow up after 48 hrs but 48 Hrs never show up.

Their office people mislead and say that the phone has been disconnected, and asking customer care reveals the truth that nothing has been done and be ready to pay for next bill.

I am highly frustrated by the service provided by such a great Brand Name (TATA) in India.

"No Customer Focus" is their logo, this is at max i can say about the service provider.

• Ku
    Kumar Doshi Jan 01, 2007

I have shifted my tataindicoam phone from post paid to pre paid on 27-6-2006 and requested refund of deposit. Phone is shifted to prepaid but deposit is not refunded even after visiting customer care for 3 times. Tata cheats customers!

• In
    inamdar Jan 02, 2007

The TATA Indicom service is very poor.

• Mf
    M F KHAN Jan 07, 2007

So finally that HAPPY day arrived, when I am must disconnect my Tata Indicom connection.

I logged complaint for disconnection, but I am 200% sure that, one day Sun can rise from west but tata indicom folks will not actions it ( believe me I have 2yrs of exp with them) .

I searched thru entire tata indicom/vsnl sites including google but unable to get their office address. I know that they MUST require written complaint and office is somewhere in Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore.

Since I am out of Bangalore, can someone please give TataIndicom Bangalore office address to fax written complaint for disconnecting existing broadband connection.

• Na
    nasir pathan Jan 07, 2007

First and best suited adjective for tata services

WORST

This people are running fake company number forwarded from customer care are not working

They should kindly close their business and go to HELLLLL

Internet services slow like snail

saurabh saluja Jan 12, 2007

I made a payment of Two mobile phones of Tata Indicom through Easy bill on 30th Dec06. But I received a message that as I have not made the payment my services will be disconnected. I received a call from their call center and was advised to make the payment. I told them that I have already made the payment and gave them the details of my bill. Still next day my services were suspended. After calling them they advised that they are logging a complaint and they activated my services. Then again after 2 days my services were suspended and I was advised that it will take around 72 hrs. Then I called Easy bill and was advised that the problem is at their end and services will be activated and services were activated in 3 hrs. Then again after 2 days my services are suspended and I have called 3 times and First time I was advised that services will be activated in next 6 hrs and after 6 hrs I have been advised that my services will be activated in next 24 hrs. I am going to the consumer court and press to log a complaint as Tata Indicom services are very poor. I have a corporate connection in IBM and I am going to complain in our HR department not to entertain any services from TATA indicom.

salim sakir Jan 13, 2007

Upon dialing customer service number of Tata Indicom, you get forwarded from one menu to the other. If you have a problem not solvable by the available menus then it is impossible to reach a human CSR to ask your questions. The IVRS system says "dial 9 to talk to an operator" but on dialing 9, you are forwarded to a voice-based IVRS and on exploring the full menu still there is no trace of an operator whom you can ask your question. This whole process takes up to 10 minutes and still you do not get an answer making it very frustrating.

• Ra
    ravi sagar Jan 31, 2007

Now its time to say to Igoodbye, TATA, namaste salam.

• In
    Indieroots Mar 04, 2007

I bought this business plan in the last week of Dec,06 and since then I was on roaming for the full the month of January.

My phone was disconnected in the first month of buying the connection ,without any intimation for disconnection or for exceeding credit limit of Rs 2500 .

Not only this I was also told to make immediate payment on roaming while there is no option of making cash payments apart from oxygen counters which takes 48 hours to transfer the payment that too online.

Also, welcome tone feature of tata indicom sucks...its just a misleading service and customer is harassed n forced to listen to those crapy songs set on their server to just select a 10 rs. song. He is made to pay hundreds of songs where the call rate is 6 rs. per minute.

I have approached their customer care but have not got any compensation for their poor service.

Tata Indicom customer care is useless there is no synchronization between their marketing and customer care dept. I want to discontinue their for which also I have been told to fill up the forms and visit their customer care centre which means additional expense of customer on their faulty systems.

Earlier I have used Airtel, their service rocks...

• Ti
    Timothy Braganza Mar 06, 2007

It is shockingly surprising that in this highly competitive and fast world there are so many repetitive complaints against tata indicom, and i for one always thought that this is a professionally managed company.

I too am holder of a tata walky for the last two years and after initially facing all the above problems things have now settled down. lately i wanted a postpaid mobile connection from them but even after repeated calls to them for the same no one visited me,in the end forcing me to choose another service provider.

Wonder if the senior guys read these complaints and if they do are they really professionals???

Manoj Kumar Mittal Mar 16, 2007

I have taken tata indicom post paid connection in January 2006.

I have discontinue my number on my job transfer from Delhi to Haryana in Sept 2006 and deposited my last bill in November 2006.

Tata indicom is not disconnecting my connection and my handset is still not usable as old number is not erased as yet.

I have deposited 500 towards security at the time of connection which is not refunded to me yet.

• Pr
    Prady Mar 27, 2007

I have cancelled TATA Indicom connection on Dec 2006, by giving back all equipments. Now it is March 2007. My advance money is not yet received.

While disconnecting they told that I will receive it shortly. Now it took 3 months almost.

Funny thing is I am getting Bills every month without the phone!!

WHAT A GOOD CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!

Josh Apr 13, 2007

This is Josh writing from Bangalore,i have a similar kind of experience. I'm a post-paid customer and have been in the plan do more 0123 for the past 8 months now and i have 2 connections in my name under the same plan. One day CSR's from Tata call me up stating that the plan has been withdrawn from market and I`m forced to shift to another plan which was expensive. I was promised a lifetime validity on that plan but all their words were just like a painting on water. I'm totally upset about this.

I have heard of similar instances with tata changing plans of customers without their notice, but still i gartered guts and ventured into tata. But my worst experience has taught me a lesson.

Surendrar Tharur Apr 17, 2007

Sub: Problem with the instrument

Upon repeated request since last one month that the outgoing call from TATA Indicom residential line to the Airtel mobile (Rajasthan Connection) is not functioning. From the land line when the call connect to the mobile the person on the land line can not hear the voice of other end. The authorities are hesitating to change the instrument and the funny thing is that when you switch of the land phone for minutes and tray again it will be connected properly.

• Sh
    Shatrughan Tiwari May 07, 2007

I had taken the tata indicom post pad card from karantaka, with free life time incoming roaming facility. Now suddenly they have changed my plans to 750 min.

This is really ridicules things , why should then they say that this is life time free. They should inform us before we take this plan as it would be for temporary purpose.

More over I contacted the Customer care & he informed me that it would activating from next month & I got tata bill which shows it is activated already one month before.

Its really terrible things, should we trust on these companies?!

• Ga
    Gaurav Kumar Tyagi May 08, 2007

I have paid my mobile bill to tata inicom executive on date 07/05/07. He has told me that my out going call will start within two hours. But till to now (1:00 pm of 8th may) my out going call is not started. Due to this my all works are pending. And no one is accepting my call on customer care of tata indicom.

Suhas Dutta May 14, 2007

Am writing now after being so harassed by Tata Indicom. I am a customer of their broadband service in Mumbai. On 18th April, my subscription was to expire. So, I got myself a renewal pack and renewed on the 17th April. 18th April onwards I could not log on and surf. While trying to check the account that the web site told me that I did not have sufficient money in my account.

So, I called tata indicom's call center and after much effort, they managed to locate that the money was topped up, but the account validity for some reason had not gotten extended. The suggestion was for me to buy another renewal pack and renew again, which I refused to do. I was given a complaint number. Since then I have been calling every other day to check on the status, and every some days they cancel my previous call and provide me another complaint number. Thus ensuring that the age of the complaint is never much.

Since the 18th April, I have not been able to use my internet account. I was called once day before and told that the problem had been rectified, but that was untrue. I have called twice today and I am given the same long useless story. When I asked for a supervisor, I was denied the opportunity to talk to any supervisor. I must have called them about 20 odd time so far.

And two days back, Tata Indicom sends me an email (as below) saying that my account has been made inactive. This, I think is straightforward incompetence and now they are sitting on my money and earning interest and have shown no interest to sort the issue out.

Anurag Chatterjee May 17, 2007

I've purchased a "TATA" prepaid connection on the end of March,2007. After three days I’m getting some calls from various people asking for help on their "TATA" phones. They helped me to know that my cell phone No. Had given in the advertisement by TATA TeleService all over India as a customer care officials. Phone Calls from any other Service company don’t come to my phone! Later I find that a post paid connection of my number is running by "TATA Customer Care"! So, their calls come to me and vice - versa. For this problem I’ve already faced huge loss. I’ve complained several times to them but being misguide. Now they ask me to surrender the phone, which i can't do.

sanjiv kumar May 21, 2007

I am a tata indicom (prepaid) costumer, my services were blocked without informing me, i lost my mobile two days ago and got the same no.9213513531, activated on other valid mobile bought from tata showroom, it was working fine for two days but today it was not, on contacting the service provider after alot of efforts i was informed that there is an ERROR , not knowing what kind and they also telling nothing. TATA INDICOM is boasting of what great service providers they are but they are the lousiest one of all. They dont even have proper complaint cell where one could launch its complaints, selling a product is not only a thing when they are not able to provide after sales services.

A VERY BAD SERVICE PROVIDER WITH NO AFTER SALES SERVICES.

• Pa
    Paresh May 21, 2007

DO NOT BUY TATA INDICOM BROADBAND!!! Or any other Broadband From TATA i got an infinity 512 kbps (1850 per month) connection on 28 April 2007 by paying by cheque 2123 (1123 for installation + 1000 for deposit) and 208 rs as pro rata for April 28th to 30th April... I got a bill for 4407 on may 1st itself!!!! After calling call center number almost 20 times which is NOT TOLL FREE 60605050 they agreed the amount of 208+2123 is paid (i have the bank statement to prove) then THEY ARE DEMANDING RENTAL AS ADVANCE FOR A POST PAID CONNECTION so for the net connection for 1st may 2007 to 31st may 2007 i have to pay in the starting of the month itself then why do they call it post paid!!! Also installation was the most HORRIBLE INSTALLATION the wiring guy is cutting the wire without any wire cutter tool but by rubbing against corner of wall can you imagine also no uniform or ID card is provided to the wiring person the sales guy or the technical installation guy...

These ISPs are completely taking customers for a BIG RIDE. I had no option but to pay up as they disconnected me in the middle of the month and i need a broadband connection for connecting to my office. Their mail id [email protected] keeps sending me reply that i have to pay 4407 when in fact i have cleared the payment and even paid ADVANCE RENTAL... NET CONNECTION IS STILL NOT WORKING!!!

May the TATA FAMILY ROT IN HELL for making me go through this horrible experience.

Sandeep shende Jun 04, 2007

I am very upset and the Reason is the Pathetic Service by Tata Indicom. I want the entire world to know How Tata Indicom cheats its Customers in the way of week service to its Customers. Please go through this entire E-Mail and publish it in all your News Papers. If Possible get me a Resolution as well.

I have paid my bill as on 20.05.07 but the service provider Sai Telecom services has refuse to take given cheque against tata teleservices. He wants cheque in his own firm's name i.e. sai telecom. I had given the same on 20.05.07 as due date was 22.05.07. Now the payment is deducted from my account to him. But it is not been updated in my mobile account still as on 04.06.07. In between my mobile is being disconnected 3 times. I get it connected by raising on customer service people. Now the thing is that why customer has to harass for these. Tell me.

• Kv
    KV Mahendra Nath Jun 19, 2007

1. This is regarding non receipt of refundable security money from TATA INDICOM since Jan 2007.

2. I had got disconnected my Tata Indicom No 040-55591691 for which Representative of Vijaya Vinayaka Associates had collected telephone set and rendered receipt No 9492247286 dated 18 Jan 2007.

3. It is very sad to mention that security money has not yet been paid to me.

4. I hope this complaint will make them to respond

sunil kumar p.k Jun 20, 2007

I am a tataprepaid customer ( 09213452742) and I applied a post paid connection in my home town that is SPG complex, Dwarka, Sector-8, New Delhi. And I by hand paid Rs. 600 to this company executive the month of May. The office phone number of the executive is 011-64594294 and after paid of money office representative was come to my home and complete the verification process . But till date I have not received post paid facility or any concerned massage by theirs office. Telephonically I have try to speak with executive but they have not give me a satisfied answer.