Tata Indicom BroadbandCustomercare is the worst!

R

I have following complaints against TATA Broadband. Please tell me how I will take actions against the TATA Broadband because this effect on my business. One more thing can put this complaint on your website its very helpful for me & those who to think to subscribe for TATA Broadband.

Internet is not working till date. I pay advance every month but still my internet service is not working. This is very worst service from TATA. This worst service is effect on my business. Who is responsible for this?

Every month I face these problems.

Customercare was only give complaint No’s but they are not solved properly temporally you give only options but not solved the problem. Customercare No is on hold continually. If the phone is connect after waiting 6 minits the customercare executives disconnect the phones. If write a email no there is no response of email. If any one registers complaint online customer executive mark the problem solved. This is worst Service from TATA Indicom Broadband.

They tell this is postpaid connection but they charge as prepaid connections they get advance every month form me. Following Complaint that not resolved till data but your customercare executive was mark that the all complaint are resolved.

Take actions against your customercare executives they talk is very worst.

• Ga
    gano Oct 03, 2006

I paid for a router installation on 15th May 2006 and am still waiting for it to be installed. To get a router connection, I had to switch to a higher usage plan, so I had to pay a plan change fee, a router charge and clear my dues till the time the check would clear, ie.. a few days ahead of my current usage. I had to courier my docs and checks to an unknown person and address. Even though they have my checks and I can see the plan change in my account details, they have not installed the router. Each time I call to complain, I am given a new complaint number and nothing else happens. Tata Indicom is a really pathetic company. All they do is to give out complaint numbers and nothing else. Someone really needs to take them to consumer court.

• Am
    amith ingua Nov 11, 2006

I too have a same issue

Jayanta Narayan Choudhuri Dec 09, 2006

My request for Disconnection of [email protected] ACC000109890 Appln 1318515 is pending for 2 months.

The dead wires & modems are an eyesore.
    This more than the refund irritates me!

The TataIndiComBroadBand service was OK when it began but recently(from May 2006) was very poor.
    I have very recently taken BSNL DataOne which being through telephone looks more stable.

I was prepared to pay a premium for good quality service but unfortunately it did not happen with TataIndiComBroadBand.
    In fact I was eager to go in for a static IP Rs.650/month scheme but they never moved an inch despite infinite reminders.

My experience with reminders is pathetic

BSNL DataOne is far cheaper though without a static IP.

I am really frustrated with dead wires of TataIndiComBroadBand dangling from my window.

It is indeed sad that Customer Service (Retail-India) have themselves to raise complaint numbers 1158034 & 970680
    to try make rest of TataIndiComBroadBand work.

They are giving a good brand name TATA a very bad image.

Time Mr. Ratan Tata intervened. The great tradition of Jamshedji's cos like Tisco & Telco are being sullied by the gross inefficiency that has set in Tata Indicom.

• Ab
    Abhishek Kapoor Jan 09, 2007

TATA INDIACOM BROADBAND is a shame to VSNL's goodwill over the years. This has been the worst customer service i have ever received. Right from getting the connection till date. I happened to take the prepaid connection for 3 months. The executive took the details and teh cheque and never answered my call nor gave the connection , getting tired of it i got the application canceled and cheque stopped.

15 days later i get a call from another TATA INDICOM executive who gave all possible assurances and i decided to give a second chance not know what i am putting myself into, today i feel as if it was a planned to harass me.

I got the connection used it for 8 days after which was not in town, i returned after 9 days to find the connection does not work anymore. Logged the complaint with the CC which has the highest possible skill gap amongst employees. Today its the 5th day and the issue remains unaddressed, i have made 20 calls which went in vain.

The worst is yet to come, i was advised by Billing helpdesk guy to get it canceled and i would be refunded the balance, and later i was told its not possible to refund but we can cancel the service. I was made to send a mail requesting cancellation by giving wrong information now i don't know what will be the end result.
    I feel after reading so many similar experiences everyone should go to press about this people, they think they can just do anything because they have VSNL's back...

• Mr
    Mr Chetan Devi Apr 09, 2007

I had a tata indicom broadband and i requested them to terminate my account i cleared all my bill as said by them and they took 2 months to terminate my account and after that they took 2 months to collect the unit from me and till now after 4 months they have not yet refunded my deposit which i had paid them earlier i have a very poor and bad experience from tata indicom and this a very shameful thing for tata indicom as related to customer service

• Sr
    srinibas Apr 14, 2007

Tata Indicom Broad Band & Wireless system is worst service provider on the earth. They commit something & give something.I have lost 3000/- rupees in the broadband connection by paying in advance. There is no service. I have complained more than 500 times & now given up.

Again I did the same mistake by taking the Tata wireless service by paying 4500/- But every month I am getting 2000/- bill without using it. In spite complaining 1000 times there is no solution. The billing system is so poor that i am getting the call details of 500 calls every day which is impossible for any human being. They have barred my incoming service although the incoming is free for lifetime.

Now I have full of useless Tata instruments (modem, Phone, Adopter) which can't be used as toys. Overall the TATA products are useless. They have not developed their standard to come to the market.

BE AWARE ABOUT TATA PRODUCTS. THIS IS MY SINCERE ADVICE TO MY FELLOW INDIANS.

• Sr
    srinibas Apr 14, 2007

Never go for tata indicom wireless services. You will get inflated bill every month.400/500 calls every day. In spite of complaining several times every day, there is no solutions.you have to visit to their centre. They will give a mail id [email protected] which is useless. All the people in this office are useless.

They are the worst service provider under the sun.

ANIL KUMAR May 16, 2007

I switch to tata for the better services but i think it is the worst service provider yet. I have a rental connection i requested to activate some scheme in it but they hadn't done their job for the last 48 hours. What can be the more poor services then tata?

Mahantesh May 29, 2007

I don't understand how the support system in TATA indicom broad band services work. Either they are least bothered about customer's problems or they are over smart in playing with the customers. Even after 15 days of registering the complain on no net connectivity, I find no engineer has turned up till date. On inquiring the customer care on my complain status, I am told that the ticket is closed with the comments "as the connection is working fine". I am amazed at the unhealthy work practices by the company. I still remain to have some engineer turn up to get my connection restored. In the event I do not get any guy, I might get the connection removed.

• Bp
    B Prasad Jun 04, 2007

Tata Indicom Broadband's customer care motto seems to be "Don't care for customers". Their phone reps
    are totally clueless except to suggest you to power cycle the router. Once you sign up for the service, if it works, be happy. Else, not even god can help you. Of course, you can still pray till Tata Indicom decides it's time you get your service again, whenever that may be. - Unfortunate customer from Hyderabad

• Ka
    kanhaiya lal Jun 05, 2007

I had bought a tata mobile on 17 dec of 2007, 2 month after my phone connection automatically cut from the tata indicom customer service. I have submitted my all id proof and other required document to k10 at canaught palace. But still they have not started my connection. I had gone to k10 7 times, they opened my connection and for a day and automatically it disconnected in a day.

So what i do for regarding this. This is a very poor customer service.

• Su
    Surendra kumar Jul 28, 2007

This is mail reply for not resolving a query even after 20-30 calls to customer care. After sending so many complaints online, offline, on phone and manually and after getting harassed from Tata Indicom, I just have a question, how can I get back my money from Tata Indicom for which I have given for internet+phone. This connection is taken from ESI office of Tata indicom and they cheated me for everything they said before taking this connection.

My complaint no. is 79358631

At any cost I don't have trust on Tata Indicom so I will not proceed for any business relationship with Tata Indicom.

• Ra
    Rajiv Sep 25, 2007

I truly agree, Tata Indicom Broad band services is actually Tata Fraud Band Services. Their Customer care helpline is one of the worst, most disgusting & terrible helplines in the entire World. They are mere Puppets, empowered to do nothing but just talk one line viz " We have forwarded your complaint to technical dept & they will get back". This is the case even if your complaint is over 25 days old. (Give a try by calling 60607070. If you want to talk to supervisor even at 11 pm in the night, you will have to wait at least 1 - 2 hours before they come online).

I have also written to Mr.Ravindran S, senior officer in VSNL but he has chosen not to reply. The company is filled with extremely Lethargic, Bureaucratic & Complacent people right from the top to the bottom rung of their management.

If you want frustration, torture, want to spend money on calling disgusting helplines & basically like Misery in life, please buy Tata Indicom Broadband. All the mentioned benefits are 100% guaranteed!

Best Regards

• Bo
    Boby Mathw Sep 29, 2007

I totally agree with most of the above Tata Indicom Broadband users. The service is not only pathetic, buy horrendous, with the worst ever unfriendly, Customer Care, which is operating from Hyderabad. Let me explain my experiences too. I had issues with the BSNL DataOne connection, so I thought I would try with Tata. I applied for Tata connection coz of the Tata brand on 23rd Nov 2006. The cheque was immediately encashed, and the connection was not provided till Feb 16, 2007, after innumerous phone calls to Customer Care amounting to more than Rs.500 (no toll free Customer care nos,), and complaints to Managers in Bangalore. Every time promises were made, and I waited for it to be implemented. My neighbor, ironically, had connection in a week's time after applying in Jan 2007! But they cancelled the services due to frequent disruptions in connections. After getting connection in Feb 2007, I must say, I haven't been able to use the connection decently due to frequent disruptions either due to server issues from Tatas base stations, cable issues, or some silly reasons. It takes hell lot of a time to get to Customer care. I prefer calling at night 3 as the queue will be less. There are times I waited 30 minutes on phone, just to get to speak to a Customer care executive. Email will solicit no response. On 3rd April 2007 and on 9th June 2007, my 6-month subscription ended abruptly, and was asked to renew. After fighting with the Customer care, billing, manages, the subscription, which was to end in late October 2007, was given till Sept end. The services were ok in Sept 2007. Thinking that the services might have improved, I subscribed to another 6 months 10 days in advance. Again, after the end date, there were no services, which was to resume automatically. I am disappointed no senior VSNL personnel are bothered to rectify this anomaly. Hope some change happens for the good of all.

• Ba
    Basavaprabhu Oct 03, 2007

The same thing happened to me as well. I am a prepaid customer of Tata Indicom Broad Band connection. Since from a month my internet got disconnected. I asked my money back. They are telling, that provision is not there. They do not even give service. Then what about my hard earn money. Where do I go to get justice.
    They got full money but no service. I need help from you guys to tackle Tata Indicom. Can I go to consumer Court? Please let me know how to approach to Court. I really want to teach a lesson to Tata Indicom for looting the customers.

• Na
    Naresh Verma Oct 11, 2007

Tata indicom coustomer service is ver-very poor, only telephonic support is avilable for your all query.

once you have facing any issue call

Vinay Oct 22, 2007

Guys, please list down your email Id's. I think we can match up with this filthy vermin that is Tata Indicom. Threaten a mass disconnection, apply or show interest in taking up connections from competitors like AirTel or Reliance, again en mass, and then these sloths might see the writing on the wall.

I am personally going to the Consumer Protection Forum at the Bangalore High Court, by this week. I've had success before in cases like this, and I would advise you all to take the time to do the same. A large number of legitimate cases against Tata Indicom will do wonders to punish this harassing excuse of an ISP.

Provide an email address / Tata Indicom account name below, and we'll collect, co-ordinate and do something.

Vinay Oct 22, 2007

For those who are living in Bangalore, these will come useful in taking the fight to Tata Indicom.

Do take the effort to file a case. Your lack of participation encourages Tata Indicom in their disgustingly illegal ways.

Karnataka State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission

Bangalore(Urban)
    Karnataka

• Di
    dinaaz Oct 23, 2007

Watzzup just going through lot of blogs with ref to the matters related to the TATA indicom broadband consumers suffering and wanted to create a unified voice for all of us.

Hence you are requested to provide your vsnl/ tataindicom email id and user id complaint no.

Please drop me a mail at my email id [email protected]

• Ar
    arif Oct 31, 2007

If you want 1 mbps free internet connection email me on [email protected]

shivanichopra Nov 06, 2007

I completely agree. The customer service from Tata indicom is PATHETIC, rather its worst.

My internet connection is not working since last 4 days, and this is a very old problem.

The internet would not work for number of days and no one bothers to take the complaints. The options available to do the complaints are ridiculous and the RIDICULOUS. They expect the customer to go to their office or register the complaints online. I am still clueless how is it possible to register the complaints online when internet is not working.

In fact i have given numerous calls on their customer center number also, but all in VAIN. The IVR makes me wait for more than 15 minutes and even after that, the executives are very inconsiderate.

Would request if anyone can suggest government regulatory body which takes care of such customer complaints so that I can do my complaint against Tata Indicom. I want this issue to be escalated so that others don't have to waste their money and time on such a PATHETIC connection.

• Ki
    kirti Sathe Nov 16, 2007

I agree 100%, that customer care Executive is worst.

• Ab
    Abhishek J. Chaturvedi Dec 14, 2007

Hi,

I never before opted for TATA services(was really lucky), but this time I decided against all advices to go for TATA Indicom post paid mobile connection, filled all the forms, submitted documents as per their instructions and I was promised that it will get activated with in 48 hours. When it was not done as promised I went to check , the GREAT RESPONSE "YOUR FORM WAS REJECTED BASIS WRONG ADDRESS VARIFICATION". Now first of all no one ever turned on for verification and even if it was negative varification, they should have at least informed but instead doing that they sat on it.

What hurts more , when I asked back for my money and told them to take back the handset they said this can not be done.
    I wonder what business they are in-SERVICE or PRODUCT SELLING.The attitude is really like "BANIYA ATTITUDE sitting on any KIRANA shop" and they feel that they are corporate house and that too professionals. In reality a bunch of JOKERS and cheaters (not getting any worst word as of now)

DEAR MR.TATA do pay some attention........

REALLY DISGUSTING!!!!!!

• Ki
    kiranbabu Jan 09, 2008

Hi,

This Tata Indicom, is worse ever i seen, This bleddy guys never respond to the calls , i am losing my Business becoz of this Dont care Customer service, we have give the problem also the soulution to them.

I dont know How this company is growing, i literarly giving bad publicity to every one across my circle.

I never want other to go for this Tata Broadband. Some with have their higher authorities mail.. please publish on this site.

Thanks,
    kiran

vidhu Apr 22, 2008

My broadband net connection is not working since past 15 days. I have took a three months prepaid connection. As expected, there is no response from CC except giving empty assurances.
    To have proof of interactions, I am mailing them at [email protected] I have there reply as proofs.

Can I file a case against them based on the email communication & ask for damages because of deficiency of services. Is there a way to register an e-complaint on consumer forum website? & ask for damages?

I cannot go personally to consumer forum office as I am free only on sundays.

• Pa
    Paresh Patel Jun 16, 2008

I have been facing lots of problem with tata broad band.

It goes down every friday to sunday or more. When we call customer care they just give 24 hrs but never come up within there timelines and again when we call them after 24 hrs they give 48 hrs more time.

We loss time and money...more importent working hrs and ultimately work suffers.

Nobody call or come for resolution of connectivity problem.

• As
    ashok Jun 19, 2008

My login ID is [email protected] and I am the owner of cyber café. With great dissatisfaction and full of annoyance I am forced to write this mail which should be considered utmost urgent from your side.
    I run a cyber café on TataIndicom Connection. I chose your company because I trusted the name TATA and it was there in my mind that I would get full value of my money. But now I am realizing how much wrong I was! I am facing a very typical problem for last one and half month. Everyday around six o’clock in the evening my link gets down and it gets automatically reconnected the next morning by around seven o’clock. I made number of complaints but only not to be addressed from your side. My last complaint number was 5627110 and my new complain number is 5772514.
    I also tried to get into depth of the problem and I found it was a problem of wiring which gets worsened when the street light is switched on in the evening and it gets automatically sorted out when the street light is switched off the next morning.
    I don’t know how to react on this but I am suffering physically, mentally and economically as well. I am loosing my customers and my credibility in my area is being questioned. In this age of fierce competition I think I am going to be knocked down badly. So I have decided to think of alternatives and filing a suit against your company in the consumer forum. I therefore request you to do the needful in this regard or face the consequences in the near future.
    I am waiting for your response.

Manaf Jun 19, 2008

I have been facing a no connectivity problem since 10 days from 11th JUne 2008 and i am sick and tired of complaining to their dumb call centre. There is no reponse and no bloody engineering come to even check.

On the top of it the same lame and dumb excuse is given that we are lookin into the matter. Whne i talk of refunding the money the robbers on the call centre say that in prepaid there is no refund. So once u have paid the money for six months in a row then u r screwed if the connection is concked off.

I recommend strongly that this tata broadband should be boycotted.

• Mu
    Muru Jul 01, 2008

I agree..
    They are the worst... I bought my own router as suggested by one of their associates that once you purchase a router they will not charge monthly rentals on it and the deposit will be refunded and they will cancel their monthly router charges.. now after purchasing a router and asking them cancel the monthly rental charges and refund the deposit for almost 4 months now.. I have not yet received a reply to that problem from them.. I pay 100 rupees per month for their router which I am not using and is lying with me.. but they are not ready to take it back and nor they are interested in paying my money back..

I am planning to speak with them in rough language.. so atleast I will be satisfied that I pay them every month to get abused by me..
    So Guys wish me luck, I am appointing Tata Indicom Customer Support executives to listen to my abusive language whenever I feel like abusing someone.. I think paying INR 100 a month to abuse them is fine with me..

Anoop Aug 11, 2008

Believe it or not, Tatabroadband is the worst customer care i ever come across. They dont know anything, they are just to note down your complaint and give you the complaint number. I am getting this from last 5 days, my net was not working since 8the august and today is 12th. As per them its working fine, this was told them by their local engineer. But that engineer is not picking phone from yesterday and was coming switch off on friday and saturday (8th and 9th).

Interesting thing is that even their nodel officier phone was switch off.

Any idea where i can launch complaint against their services?

sham lal Aug 29, 2008

I have taken tata indicom broadband connection. The day i took the connection it was working properly only for 1 hr after that day till date I have no connection. Its been more than 9 days now that i dont have internet connection. I got fed up calling customer service they just give complaint no's. When I call to check the status, they will say the issue has been resolved. I am surprised when no one called me, when I dont have connection, how come the issue resolved. They says that the technical dept has approched me and the issue has been resolved. I gave Rs. 1000 for the installation. When i ask for the refund they says we cannot refund the installation fee. I know the condition that installation charges cannot be refunded but the point here is I have no connection since they installed. They didnt installed the connection properly. I request you to fix the connection or return my money back.

Waiting for your reply

• Ho
    honey Nov 14, 2008

I agree. Tataindicombroadband customer service is useless. My complaint has not been adressed since weeks. no one called and no technican came all this time. I call them daily about this.

• Km
    K.MUKUNDA Nov 25, 2008

DEAR SIR,

YOUR TATA INDICOM BROAD BAND CONNECTION IS WORST, AND SERVICES OF THE CUSOME CARE IS VERY BAD,

IF I CALL CUSTOMER CARE, THEY DONT CARE FOR CUSTOMERS,
    I FEEL BAD ABOUT THIS

shruti sharma Jan 24, 2009

hi
    this complaint is absolutely true.
    i feel like killing myself or the customer care executive, whenever i call them
    they are always forwarding your complaints, even if you complaint them 20 days ago.
    i used to call them regularly and the reply never changed...'' main maafi chahti hoon aapko jo asuvidha hui uske liye. main aapki complaint forward kar deti hoon.'' bloody idiots. same dialogue everyday.

why the hell have they started the service if they dont have the infrastructure.

no action is taken...the worst part is that money is lost on calls. they are deaf. i want to slap TATA indicom broadband service's manager. this is my only wish in life.

• Ba
    bappa007b Apr 30, 2009

I have 3 unresolved complaints marked as resolved. Also while subscribing I've given my documents and these Chutiyas given this connection to my father's name... Same on the name on Tata and VSNL!!

• Jp
    J.Patel Jul 21, 2009

I also a victim of Tata Indicom .
    I have purchased the device by paying Rs.3500/- but no connection given yet only giving false committment.
    I requset other customers to join hand against this as they may be also a victim some day.

Think several times before going for a Tata Indicom service.

anil patil Aug 10, 2009

Tata indicom photon+ worst service i have ever seen. I booked it with 4000 Rs 5 gb free download for 2 months . I booked it before 15 days and not used even 800 mb download but as per their customer care department i have used more than that and they have disconnected by service. I called them more then 100 of times and explained all the issue but no use. There customer care manager is 24 hrs busy with her meeting. Till date my connection is not restored.

Maulik Buch Sep 17, 2009

Account Number: 605367483; Kind Attn.: Shaguna Shetty

Dear Madam,

With reference to the above account number I would like to bring certain things to your notice. My last bill (Bill No. 667109629, Bill period 13/03/09 to 12/04/09) amount was Rs.2285/- which according to me was incorrect as I did not receive any letter from TTML regarding the change in company’s policy.

This disputed bill problem has been solved; your people accepted that I did not receive the letter from the company and they gave me discount of Rs.1642/- and told me to pay Rs.642/- . Also told me that my connection will be restored within 30-45 mins. (Note: I spoke with Vaidbah and Sunny Kanojiya from Complaints dept. I am also having the full conversation recorded on my mobile phone)

However my connection was not restored so I phoned your customer care service, your person told me that your payment is not getting reflected in the system, that’s why the service is not activated. He took a fresh request for restoring the internet service within six hours; request number for the same was 167826563.

On 15th April 09 I phoned your customer care service again, as my connection was not reactivated. He told me that the request is closed as payment was not made. He then said that the payment of Rs.643/- is now showing so he is taking down a fresh request for restoring the internet service within six hours, request number for the same was 167961395.

On 16th April 09 I had no choice but to call again, to your customer service, as my connection was not activated. He (Parshuram Yewale, customer care executive) told me that the request has been closed as you have made only part payment. I then demanded that I want to put this matter to the higher authority and he gave me your number.

Today, (17th April 09) I am getting a bill for 13/03/09 to 12/04/09 amounting to Rs.490.98/- plus previous outstanding of Rs.1642/- (the discounted amount for which your person may not have made note in system) making the total bill amount Rs.2133/-

Another thing I want to bring to your notice is that on receiving the bill of Rs.2285/- 0n 15th March 09(Bill No. 667109629, Bill period 13/03/09 to 12/04/09) I requested to terminate the internet connection with immediate effect, so my internet connection was deactivated for whole month.

HOW CAN I GET A BILL FOR RS.490/- when my connection was not active, WHY THE DISCOUNTED AMOUNT OF RS.1642/- is not reflected in your system, AND WHY MY INTERNET CONNECTION IS NOT REACTIVATED TILL DATE.

I am attaching with this e-mail, my current bill and 1 mp3 file in which the whole conversation is recorded.
    TATA is a big brand name but I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with the way my case is treated. With a hope that you will give prompt and final solution I am writing this e-mail. Kindly Look in to the matter at earliest.

Yours truly,
    Regards,

Maulik Buch

vinoth_multimedia Oct 13, 2009

Internet is always down!

vinayakvsonkaramble Feb 22, 2010

I am facing anoyher problem with TATA broadband services. Firstly In residential area there is TATA MDO, hence it is mandatory that er get TATA dish and broad band only. We cant even opt for other services. Second thing is when we tried to get this TATA broadband connection, person handling TATA connections in my region ( Pune Park street) is not even responding to phone calls. These guys are simply giving pointers for the connections. I am extremely disappointed with their services.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices