Targethiring now but won't hire me

A

I have been a target shopper for years now and have always been satisfied with your products and services. At the entrance of every target store in the des plaines, illinois area where I live, I always see signs saying hiring now and whenever I apply online I am always told, & ldquo;sorry, we can’t use you. & rdquo; I apply every 90 days and the answer is always the same. Okay, so maybe you’re going to say I should get in touch with the two niles illinois stores where I applied and ask them. But I am not persuaded they will tell me specifically why I am & ldquo;radioactive” and not able to be hired. So I thought I would tell you what I think.

I’m 70 years old, in good health, have an mba in finance, worked 34 years for the same company where I served in information technology both as a specialist and a department head. I worked in client service resolving client questions. The company I worked for went & ldquo;belly up” and I want a job. Perhaps people think i’m too old or I just want a job un-til I get something better. Well it’s like this. I am free to continue working. I am not working to save up extra money to buy presents for grandchildren or stuff like that.

I want to work at target to supplement my personal income and to learn about things which are important to me at this time in my life; things like how to shop intelligently, how to find good nutritional value at economical prices in short, how to survive by spending money intelligently and I am thinking that if I were to land a position with target, I could learn a lot about these things. Now if store personnel think I might not like working conditions I only want to say everything with me is negotiable; pay, benefits, shift times, etc. Could anyone there tell me why I am not considered a good fit for your company. Just thought i’d ask.

MauiAL50 May 11, 2012

Perhaps they feel you are over qualified for the position you are applying for.

• Zzonkk May 11, 2012

Another typical gripe site populated mostly with trolls.

• Th
    The Ogre May 11, 2012

Do you have any retail experience? Places at Target always keep help wanted signs up even if they are not hiring at that time so when they do need someone they have a list. Maybe you are just at the bottom of the list.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices