Target Corporationdebit card scam

W Review updated:

I have shopped for years at this Target store as it is one of the limited choices we have in Jacksonville, NC. I have experienced bad service and attitude from a lot of the employees and overcharges at the register but this last experience really takes the cake. I had recently received a letter from Target stating that my Target card qualified me for 5% discount on all purchases made with my card. However when I went to use the card it was now closed due to inactivity. I decided to go ahead and get another card and went with the Target Red Debit card since I usually like to use cash. The cashier told me it was just like using a check or my own debit card and that the funds would just be transferred from my bank account. That sounded pretty good as I debit anyway and now I would get a 5% discount. I proceeded to make a $200 purchase that first day and when I received the debit card in the mail a week later, I went to the store and made another purchase for almost $200 again. The cashier at that time helped me locate a piggy bank that my son had been looking for so I proceeded back into the store to purchase it. That made my second transaction of the day. I went home but my daughter requested pain medication so I went back to the Target and got a basket of goods totaling about $40. Upon trying to use the debit card I was declined which totally threw me. I tried to ask the cashier what could be the problem since I had just used it but she smirked at me, shrugged her shoulders, and said there was nothing she could do to help me figure out what happened. I asked if the service desk would be able to help but she just shrugged her shoulders again and said I could try. The customers behind me were staring, the cashier was still smirking, and I was getting worried that my card and bank account had been tampered with. I quickly paid with my regular debit card which went through with no problem at all and rushed home to call the Target Debit card 1-888 number. I waited on hold for a while, explained my situation, and quickly got transferred to another division. I again waited a while and was finally greeted by an Indian lady who kept repeating the transactions I had completed during the day and that I had too many transactions and I had to wait a few days until the transactions cleared the system. What?! Who ever heard of a debit card that would only work twice every few days? When I asked her for details about how many transactions were allowed per how many days, she claimed that there was no way of knowing. I pointed out that the debit card was basically worthless than if I couldn't depend on using it and that I would never have signed up for a Target Debit card if I had known that it wasn't usable and that there would be not discount available. She said there was no way to know any details in order to clarify use of the card and when I asked to speak to someone who would know the details of the Target Red card, she said there was nobody who knew. I was flabbergasted! I asked her if she truly meant that Target offered a card without disclosing details to its consumers and she again reiterated that there was no way to know what kind of system the Target store had and that it would be dependant on several factors whether I would be able to use the Target Debit card on any given day but she didn't know what those factors are. I asked her if there was anybody at all I could speak with that could help me unravel the mysteries and she referred me to the 1-888 number I originally called. I pointed out that I had called that number and they transferred me to her since they said they couldn't help me but she kept saying I had to talk to them again. I asked her to transfer me back which she said she could but after waiting a while she said she couldn't transfer me at all and she hurriedly put me on hold listening to music before I could say anything. When I realized that she had left me hanging, I hung up and went through the whole rigamarole of the Target phone line and ended up with another Target associate finally. She cheerily explained that Target didn't "know" me and that they would limit my transactions until they did. When I asked her the time frame they would need to get to "know" me she said she didn't know and that I would have to use some other form of payment. I pointed out that the purpose of getting the card was to receive the 5% discount which their denials effectivedly canceled and she shrugged that off as unimportant. I pointed out that I had needlessly endured public humiliation due to their unpublished policies and she shrugged that off too. I finally pointed out that it seemed like a case of "bait and switch" since Target advertised a 5% discount if you used their Red Card but then they had these hidden policies that prevented you from using the card or receiving the discount you had bargained for. Instead you made purchases thinking you were getting the discount only to be denied the discount and instead receive a heaping dose of humiliation and condescending attitude from the cashier. She shrugged me off again but did throw me a bone by saying she would bring that issue up at her leadership meeting...hm, thanks for the help? I wrote to the Target customer service help email and received a message from another cheery Target associate who told me I needed to call this number, yep, you guessed it, the 1-888 number that I had been dealing with already! Um, thanks for the help again? I think that Target has been reduced to a scamming store if they are reduced to tricking customers with false advertised discounts and then brushing them off when they ask for help or clarification of policies. I am writing a letter to corporate officials and if I don't receive any response then I will definitely take my shopping elsewhere and advise others to do the same.

Sheryl Oct 06, 2006

I wish that someone could do something about unlawful hijacking of people's computer media. Web companies such as Doubleclick.net and Affiliatetarget.com are desteuctive advertisers who attach to any web address you are searching. I have been unable to surf the net safely without having my viewing content destroyed and disrupted. These companies do not have the right and freedom to destroy people's viewing content. Even though I have malware software, Internet Explorer folds everytime it is breached. This is a very serious matter since other businesses, people and possibly government agencies are affected.. Affiliatetarget.com needs to be exposed for who they are and place in jail. Thank you very much.

• Le
    Lennie Harper May 15, 2007

Target should be boycotted for selling this selling a TV that is as sorry as tru-tech. I paid almost a $1000.00 for this TV it worked about 4 month with a 90 day warranty. After calling target for 3 months they finally give a number to tru-tec. trutech wanted to box it up and ship it to buffalo, ny at my expense. So i took it to a local repair shop because the freight to send it back was so expensive, the local shop could not fix it because there is no schematic diagram no where for trutech. So i called trutech back and they advised that there is no diagram for their electronic equipment. I urgently ask for people to boycott target for selling the sorry products that they do and not standing behind it.

Mark Mcclellan Jul 10, 2007

It is not OK to take money from pplz Acts /50$ was taking from my bank this morning by ON Taget Grants!

Jamae Tschinkel Jul 13, 2007

I got billed by On Target Grants and read about other complaints. I called the service number from my bill, 866-407-1028, and a rep., Robin, said she would cancel my account (which I didn't set up) and refund me the last months charges. I was pleasantly surprised. I am waiting to see if the money is refunded and if I get billed again or not but I do suggest calling.

• Li
    Lisa Nov 05, 2007

11/05/2007
    I received 2 items as a gift just yesterday tried them on when I came home - the clothing didn't fit. The person I received the gift from thought what they gave me was the gift receipt but come to find out when trying to return the item at target it was just there survey portion of the receipt. I stated an in-store credit would be fine but was told that due to a new policy started in August they could not implement this for any items over $20. Of course this was very upsetting to me and asked what would they be doing once the holiday season came around and people didn't receive a gift receipt etc... etc... Of course she could not explain she only enforces the policies dictated by there corporate offices and gave me the number to guest services who in turn gave me the same information.

This corporation is treating all of their customers like thieves and needs to be banned - there is no other store that I know of that has a policy such as this - all stores at least give in store credit - the items I had totaled maybe $40 dollars.

This policy is only in existence in hopes to keep this corporation profitable!

margaret Dec 31, 2007

I continue to be disappointed in Target's return policy. I have been a customer of Target for the last 10 years and I can assure you I will be no longer. Target states they value you as a customer but their return policy does not take into account the value of an individual customer to Target. Why would a company as large as Target not have a customer card to track the value of the individual consumer? Do you really want to lose a customer that spends on average $300-500 a month? Not a good business just to offset returns? Target's competition has very customer focused return policies- Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, LandsEnd, etc, etc. My husband wanted a store credit for an item given to him as a gift for Christmas. We did not have the gift receipt and felt it was very, very tacky asking for the gift receipt so we could return a gift purchased. We were told that since the value of the item was over $20.00 they could not help us. Target's policy does not state a dollar limit.

• Bi
    Bill Jan 04, 2008

You are right Target does not say anywhere that their is a dollar limit. But it does clearly state on the back of your reciept, at every register as well as behind the Guest Services counter that "A reciept dated within 90 days is needed for ALL returns and exchanges." So yes you are correct that it doesn't state a dollar amount for returns. It's your fault you lost your reciept, so you are responsible for not being able to return your item.

Laura Mar 26, 2008

Oh. My Gosh. How tacky are you to be complaining about this??? You got a gift for Christmas, didn't want it, and now you are being greedy by trying to return it for credit? If the policy says no returns without a receipt, then it is what it is. What are you whining about? It is amusing that you are so concerned about looking tacky by asking for the gift receipt (yes, that is tacky), but apparently you are not TOO concerned about looking tacky because here you are trying to return it anyway. You are just pouting because you didn't get your way. Get over it.

• Nu
    nutz4apples Apr 03, 2008

I would never buy a computer without a acceptable return policy. The store had 5 computers that had been returned unopend by someone who had bought them from Target online and so they were greatley reduced in price. The salesman assured me that I could return them up to 90 days if there was anything wrong with them. After I bought it I asked a female store manager (or, assistant mgr.) about the return policy in order to confirm what the salesman told me. She said that it could not be returned because it was sold "as-is". So, the salesman told me wrong by mistake I'm sure. Neverthelss, simple common sense should dictate that the store stand behind what their salesman had said. I asked the mgr if she would at least check with the salesman to confirm what he had told me and she did do this, but her voice was shaking as if she was caught . Anyway, I kept the computer and learned on line that others have had the same problems with that model as I have: Toshiba Portege R205-S209 . It's a very disfunctional piece of junk much of the time and I would have returned it if I could have.

sheiko lucas Jun 26, 2008

I visited one of your stores in b.r. louisiana with my 2 kids. I was returning something. an associate by the name of brandi was very rude and also called me fat in front of my kids. management did nothing, but my daughter was in tears which management saw. I want something done about this matter. My daughter is very hurt and keeps asking me why did she say that and that when we go to other stores no calls me fat. This may lead to therapy for my daughter which target will be responsible for. My cell number is 225-993-5568 and my home is 225-257-4915. please contact me about this matter.

• Valerie Jul 15, 2008

Today 7/14 I went to Target located at Brookhurst St, Garden Grove, normally I will avoid this store because their associates and specially the security man are the most rude of all Target stores I had visited. I wanted to exchange repeats toys my Tot got for his birthday, all the boxes are big so I needed a cart, I parked way far from the entrance (no front row parking) and spotted a cart nearby, when I walked to the cart one of Target associate came at the same time to retrieve it, I called and said 'excuse me, I need the cart please' he just walk by in front of my nose, I repeated 'excuse me' 3 times but he kept walking on, so I run to the front and said 'excuse me can I have one cart please'? His answer was: 'NO' and kept walking, so I said 'excuse me?' (As in 'why') and he said 'NOT WORKING' ... Weird ... he can push the cart and the cart is not locked, so why is not working? ... at this point I decided to go in the store and get the cart which he yelled at me saying: 'The cart is not working, the 'Wheels too Wobbly' ... ok ... But guess where he put the carts he retrieved from the parking lot which he won't give to the customer who needed it? Inside the store with all others carts! Good thing was the girl who attended my exchange were friendly, security as usual will look at you like you are a theft and will not help you at all even if he was in front of you and you needed assistance. They gave me a complaint sheet to fill out or told me to call their 1 800 ... I spent almost 20 minutes waiting to load my complaint to their customer service, but they win this time again, I hung up after 20 minutes as nobody answered my call (this would be my second complaint with this store)

The best target store: Westminster Mall, Westminster and Marketplace at Tustin/Irvine.

The worst of the worst: Brookhurst, Garden Grove their manager Mr. Nam Tran doesn't want to be bothered with complaints and love rude employee’s specially rude and unfriendly security guard.

• Ce
    celia dollfiyx Jul 19, 2008

i like it

• Ce
    celia dollfiyx Jul 19, 2008

kids&baby

• Valerie Jul 24, 2008

The other day, my 18 1/2 year old son, who's a US ARMY National Guard Soldier, bought himself a Star Wars LEGO set at Target, that cost $49.99. He just wanted something mindless and fun to do because he leaves in a week for a year deployment to Iraq.

Well, he got home that evening and sets about to build the set...and the bag numbered #1 is totally missing. Which makes the set basically worthless. So, my husband and I said we'd run out quickly to Target at 9 pm, to make an even exchange for him. He no longer had the receipt because he said he only bought 2 beach towels and the Lego set...he didn't think he needed to keep the receipt, so he had tossed it out. PLUS, he paid cash.

I get up to the returns counter and the girl tells me that because its an item over $20.00, there is nothing she can do, saying that the computer locks her out if its over $20.00 without a receipt. I said, "But I just want an even exchange". I got the "sorry, there's nothing I can do". So I even explained that he's leaving in a week for a year in Iraq and that by the time I contacted the Lego Company, he'd be in Iraq! She repeated there's nothing she can do.

So I walked away...mad and near tears. Then I decided to go back and speak to a manager. She got one who came out and this guy of all about 20 years old, tells me the same thing. I had explained it all again to him-adding again, that my son was leaving on a year deployment next week to Iraq and I just wanted an even exchange for him to have something fun to do. The guy says, after I said the part about my son's deployment, "Well, THAT'S not my problem, (EXCUSE ME!!?? How DARE he say something like that about my son deploying off to war!!!) but I can't do anything about this without a receipt. Did he use a credit card?" I said, "No, he paid cash." He says, Sorry, I can't do anything. He just has to find the receipt." AFTER me telling him the receipt was thrown out!

I use to love Target and defend it to those who hated it. Now, I'm one of those too.

I WILL be sharing this story with everyone I can!

• Ke
    Kelley Aug 13, 2008

Today on August 13th, 2008 I made a phone call to my target credit account to pay my bill as I have since I first recieved the card 2006. I was informed verbally for the first time today that target would now be charging $10.00 to make phone payments. Since I did not want to pay this fee which I was never informed about before I opened up an account online for my redcard. After opening up this account, I noticed that the last payment that I had made on August 3rd, 2008 over the phone was charged $10.00 and I NEVER RECIEVED ANY NOTIFICATION of this charge. I called customer service and after speaking with a representative who could do nothing for me I asked to be transfered to a manager. I then spoke with Barbara a supervisor who's ID# was 59934. She acted extremely rude on the phone ignoring everything I was saying and repeating the same thing over again as if she was reading from a piece of paper. Although I iformed her several times that I never recieved ANY notification of this fee she kept saying that "I was verbally informed on the phone on August 4th" and that in January target had sent me written notification. I am extremely upset with how I was treated, I was not treated as a "valued cardholder". In the end Target has done nothing to help me in this situation. I work in customer service myself and seeing that such a large company is able to get away with something like this really blows my mind. Its that I mind paying the $10.00, but principle of the fact that I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED.

• Tr
    Tracey Aug 13, 2008

I have a Target account and don't ever remember receiving any kind of statement stating they would charge ten dollars for a phoning in your payment, thanks for the heads up.

• Valerie Aug 14, 2008

Target comes on with "free shipping" but they don't advertise the high "handling charge". I continued with the purchase anyway, however I won't buy from them again.

• Valerie Aug 31, 2008

I can say as a "former" Target consumer that the fan fair of what Target does for people, employees, and the community is a facade. Our son (employed) by Target, employee of the month type of individual, trying to get scheduled hours to work around his full time school load at UNM. They have his class schedule but instead of work around, they increase and overlap it with his classes and tell him it's his problem. Where do we learn important work ethics? Not from Target Management let me say that. Smoke and mirrors, what a waste of time.

• Cr
    Crystal Edwards Sep 11, 2008

About 3 years ago, I transferred about $10, 000 in debt to a no interest for a year credit card from Chase. I misunderstood the nature of the deal. I thought it was no payments for a year and Chase thought it was minimum payments of $230. After missing two months, I sorted out the problem, immediately paid them what I owed them and continued to pay them monthly. I didn't keep the original offer so I was unsure but I felt that there must have been some deceptive advertising. They immediately raised my interest rate to 8.99. Last month, I received notices on leaflets (designed to be overlooked) with very small font and misleading language telling me that both Target and Chase were raising my rates for no apparent reason ( I have not missed a payment since the original snafu on the chase card and I have never missed a payment on the target account.) The most insulting part of the notice was that I had to write a letter in less than 30 days telling them that I opt out of the new terms. Such a short time frame ensures that busy people will probably miss their opportunity to respond. These companies are counting on the fact that most people would throw that slip of paper away. The leaflets were not even personally addressed to me. Additionally, both use an unnecessarily confusing language and format. Chase and Target deliberately confuse and mislead their clients through the presentation of their information. I have a Ph.D. and have difficulty managing their nonsense. What hope does the average citizen with their 8th grade reading level have against these banks? None. It is a nasty situation and I hope to see Americans uniting against the nasty thieves with white collars.

• Ka
    karen green Sep 30, 2008

BACK IN AUGUST I WAS ON LINE AND PURCHASED A BUBBLE COAT FOR $12.98 AND YOU RECEIVED THE PAYMENT BUT I NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT

• Ba
    badushamohammed Oct 05, 2008

i have to know details of this number mobile number9895154179, from this number miss call come to my mobile some times, who is the owner of the number, i have to get this custemer details
    as soon as possible send me reply if immediately reply will be highly appreciate

badushamohammed

• Le
    Lesli Oct 09, 2008

I am glad to hear your story, as something similar happened to me. I was paid the final balance on my Target Card, by phone with them, which was around $60, earlier this year. I checked my bank statement a couple days after and noticed they reversed (refunded) my phone payment and then recharged my payment with an additional $10 the very next day! I called my bank, and they verified that it was Target, so I called Target. All they could tell me is that their system did not show any refund and recharge of $10 more. They only had the initial phone payment I made and said that it was my bank's fault. I even asked them if it was possibly because of a fee they charged and she told me no, that they don't charge fees for phone payments.

I finally had to have a conference call with a Target manager and my bank, and they agreed that Target will process the charge through their dispute department and get back to me. About a month when by and no word. So, I called them and had to go through the entire story again, and had to contact my bank again, it was a mess. To only find out that they would process through their dispute department, again! Finally, about a week or so later I got a letter in the mail claiming they did not find anything regarding the additional charge! I have the damn thing on my bank statement!! I called them back, again explaining the entire story, and still nothing has happened. It has been over 6 months. Like you, I don't care that it's $10, but it's the principle that they took $10 and not only did they not inform me, but they are denying it!!

sharrona Oct 15, 2008

I remember when it was OK shopping at Target...prices were little higher than Walmart but the stores smaller, conveinently located and faster in and out...That has all changed and not for the better...

lines are always terribly long -- cashiers attitudes for the most part robotic and in a 'daze'...

stock are generally quite low on most items...if you go there for something on ad...forgetabout it...they won't have stock...if you go there for basic core items...forgetabout it ...they won't have stock...

Truly the attitude of staff and mgmt there seems to resonate a ' just be grateful you can shop here' ... so i give up on them...last straw was recent pressure to fill out a survey during checkout...result was that I get home and see all my purchases didn't make it in my bags...called store...you'd think I was asking for a price adjustment...bring in my receipt I'm told...no apology - no consideration that I have to take my time, my gas, etc to remedy their errors... its truism --- ya get what ya pay for...i don't get enough at Target to pay for it... I'm elsewhere !

• Do
    Donna Ziemba Oct 20, 2008

Within the past month I have visited several retail stores owned and operated by Target. The first one that I visited was in the Wolfchase area, another that I visited was in the Germantown area and the last that I visited was in the Forrest Hill/Poplar area . Upon visiting all on the above stores I am sad to state that none of them had a hadicap cart in working condition!!! This to me should not be acceptable from a company that is dealing with the public on a daily basis. In some instances the carts were not charged which takes a total of a few seconds to do. I know that you have customer service representatives at the front desk and they should check periodically to see if the carts are plugged in for charging. I myself try to make sure that the cart that I use (on the rare occassion that one can be found) is plugged in when I leave so it WILL be available for the next needy person. Sadder still than this at all of the stores there were several carts sitting there with sign stating "Out of Order". Your company either needs to purchase enough carts and make sure they are in working condition or make sure that the fewe carts that you do have are charged. Needless to t you do have are kept in good working order and charged!!! say after no carts were available I was unable to do the shopping that I had intended so your company is the one who lost my business.

Laura Nov 22, 2008

If the purchase had been made that recently before you tried to exchange it, they could have looked up your receipt in the system, even you you paid in cash. They were just really bad employees with no sense of courtesy or compassion.

Laura Nov 22, 2008

If your daughter needs therapy, its because you are crazy, Not because of Target. Its probably because of people like you that try to get a buck out of companies for ridiculous reasons that Target has to have such strict policies.

Laura Nov 22, 2008

The reason you give them an availability form is so that they can work around your schedule. The Target that I work for is very good about working around school schedules and people with second jobs. It saddens me that the kind of people running that store, tarnish image of the rest of the Target stores.

• Ni
    Nicki Dec 01, 2008

I work at a Target. That wouldn't have happened at the Target I work at because the managers demand more of the employees. There are bad stores everywhere, but I am sorry that happened to you especially the part about the man's response to your son going off to Iraq to defend his freedom. I can't stand people who work anywhere and treat the customers like that. I hope your son returns home safe and soon. Let him know that he is appreciated for his service for America. Take care.

• Ga
    Garold Jan 07, 2009

Sorry. They never gave me my invoice numbers. I had 2 orders, they cancelled both of them. Their excuse, they had pricing error on their website and they will not honor it. worst customer service i have ever seen in the whole white world.

• Go
    Gordon Jan 08, 2009

Well to start I had gone to Target's website and found a trumpet. It was the Harmony Deluxe Trumpet-Brass style. It read that it was 8 dollars and 49 cents. It came with free shipping and handling. In total it came out to 9 dollars and 18 cents.

I was completely happy till I received an email two days later saying that my order has been canceled due to an error made by an employee of the the website. The 'correct' price was actually $179.99. I called customer service and they said that this was a mistake that they had one day and could not give me the trumpet for the advertised price.

They would not say why they just said they could not (aka would not). I have done some research on Target and apparently this has not been the first time they do the old switch a roo. The messed up thing about this was that they had no explanation, they just said it was a mistake and could not accommodate me. In the end we 'the little people' who keep these big companies in business are left in the dust when it comes to customer service.

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

All things in perspective, you've probably noticed the same kind of service in a lot of retail chains during recent months, not to mention that mid-October is a major transition push for most retailers into the Christmas season. Not only that, but recent cut backs because of the effects of the economy have put stress on not only cashiers and management at retailers, but also shipping and manufacturers. It's funny how far ahead retailers get to try and get an edge, bathing suits in ads in January anyone? Insane. If you shop at BestBuy, are you angered by their product replacement plans? Have you noticed any changes and how they conduct their service lately? How about Circuit City, oh yes, that's right, they're closing their doors now.

Times are not all shiny in the retail, hell, in any industry right now. Expect to see a little more gray where ever you go.

• Ad
    Adriane Galinha Galisteu Feb 19, 2009

Hum...about the bathing suits in January Ms or Mr Dummy Droobin: it is summer in the other half of the hemisphere! But then again, I don't suppose you know what a hemisphere is. Sometimes some people go to these places, in case you don't know, buy a bathing suit (yeah, maybe at Target!) to go to such sunny places for vacation. Believe it or not! It happens! Shocking, huh? Hihi...By being a brazilian I don't buy them here...way to big!

Speaking of dumb-dumbs, I found this HA-LAAAARIOUS complaint of this stupid frustrated retail worker and this other person's response to it. Geniooous! Read it! It's worth the fun! Get some popcorn while you're at it! Maybe turn the heater up and put up a swimsuit while you're at it! Life's too short to be serious! Here it is! http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/ulta-c119079.html

Notahappycamper Mar 02, 2009

Have you tried contacting your state agency regarding this practice? Or even the BBB? If they are not allowed to do this then the agency will fix it for you. I once had an issue with Ames and the weekly flyer that had great deals that were never actually available in the store. After I went to the BBB they called me and told me to buy the item at another store and they would reimburse me.

• Tr
    trubbleone2002 Mar 21, 2009

Target is a joke. The stores are crowded and messy, the clerks are rude and unhelpful, the management is worthless and the credit department is a waste of time. I am a long time Target shopper and credit card holder but I will not shop there again and I've cut up my credit card. More people need to just STOP shopping at Target. There are plenty of other places to go for better deals. Who needs Target? I, for one, do not.
    Target can take their credit card and stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Ki
    kibs Jun 29, 2009

I have had multiple problems with the Target store in Onalaska, WI. I'm not sure if the employees aren't trained, but I seem to have issues any time I have to deal with the employees (aside from checking out).
    I don' t go there if I can help it!

Chad Vice Jul 31, 2009

A good way to measure the integrity and trustworthyness of a company is to determine if they steal or attempt to steal ideas; (Otherwise known as intellectual property).

Target Brands, Inc. contracts with a company called MarkMonitor to monitor if anyone uses their (Target Brands) brand names and intellectual property.

Yet, Target Brands themselves steal IP everyday or otherwise allow their search marketing agents do it for them. If they don't like it, then they shouldn't dish it out. They are a double standard snake of a company.

For example, you can search for items on a search engine like Google; often a paid ad or an optimized search result will come up linking to Target.com. The title will specify an item, even a copyright or trademarked name of a product that Target has no authorization to use... Such title will display, and when you click on the ad or search result, it will take you to a Target.com web page that often has nothing at all to do with the title... Alot of times, since they do not have rights to a patent, they will market their closest possible competitive product.

But what's worse than that is they are an assaulting force on innovation in America because they will get news of a new product or patent, and force feed market such terms therby damging the reputation of the invention and the independent inventor even before the new invention or product gets a chance to hit the market in its own right.

• Zq
    Zqk54 Aug 14, 2009

We had a similar experience too, except that we ordered a headboard and it did arrive, but broken. I did call them and they said to ship it back (they paid for shipping not me) and they would send a new one. So Fedex picked up the package to send it back but a new headboard was never sent from them and now their site is gone and we have no way of getting in touch with them.

• J8
    J8k Aug 19, 2009

I had a target credit card for about a year and a half. In addition to that card, I did have others and I wanted to consolidate. Well I got in touch with an agency that basically receives a flat payment every month and then they pay the creditors direct. Well I signed up. At that point my target card was not added to the program. A few months later I added it. Well about 2 years later I decided to trade in my vehicle for a new one. They had showed that I had one problem w/my credit report. The target card. They showed that I had been late for 14 months straight at 30 days each time. Well the process that the consolidation agency follows is that they prepare a proposal and submit it to the creditor for approval of the set amount of payment and terms. Well they did agree. But the 'policy' that target followed was that if the account was added when it was past due then they continued to report to the credit bureau that it was late instead of reporting the account in collection or credit agency like all my others accounts did. I called and spoke to a rep. and they said that if I had paid my account in full they would correct the reporting and put it as if nothing ever happened. Well I did pay it off and I still can't make a purchase. Do not sign up for a Target credit card!!!

• Ga
    Gamerdude Aug 27, 2009

If you spent your free time working at a part time job rather than posting on complaint boards, maybe you would be in financial trouble.

• Ginger Kid Dec 13, 2009

The whole "white" world? I'm assuming that's a typo and you meant the whole "wide" world?

But, please, feel free to elaborate.