Having problems with Target?

Target reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 11, 2006. The latest review Red card payment was posted on Mar 24, 2021. The latest complaint kpop bts albums/exo albums was resolved on Dec 23, 2018. Target has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 672 reviews. Target has resolved 185 complaints.

Target Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

Target Complaints & Reviews

Targetstore exchange

i wanted to exchange some things that my wife had perchesed, (i no longer have recipt) that is why i was only asking for store credit . the checker refused to do my exchange because my cdl would not scan . i asked him to just punch in the number and he refused saying its store policy to scan so i looked on return policys and no where on there did it state that they had to scan it so I brought that to his attention at which time he told me that it's not in there he said it's at his discretion whether he punches it in or not so I said so you can do it you're choosing not to for some reason he said yes that that's his discretion I disagree with that and would like him spoken to in my items returned at the earliest convenience.

Targetreceiver

I am a vendor and I provide excellent service for Target on First Ave. in Evansville, IN... Day in and day out I execute my job exceeding my company's standards. Since Target has been added to my daily route I have been having major issues with the receiver in the back room. About 3-4 times a week I get a call from my boss saying that the receiver has called saying such and such wasn't done when it was clearly done. My supervisor has followed up by making her way to the Target store to check up on how I had done for the day only to question as well why he has called. Also, a couple weeks back I had a day off and the guy covering for me was in at 9:30am to service the store and was completely done and gone by 11:00am. Following his departure the receiver called and said the vendor had not showed up to fill the bulk end cap until one o'clock which was a blatant lie? I'm not sure where the animosity towards our company comes from being that we have never had an ill conversation, and he never actually had a valid complaint... I find myself going home to my family in an angry mood often on days that he calls my boss with hopes of hurting my reputation with my company. I have also stopped shopping at Target, which used to be my shopping place of choice. Please help me resolve this issue because I am at a loss of what to do...

Much appreciated

Targetstaff at the store

I will never come back to Target store ever again! These people are terrible, their employees are rude!
      I am disabled and I move with the help of a wheelchair. I went to Target store and received the worst service.
      One of their employees said that I was causing discomfort to other customers and asked me to move away! That was a very rude thing to say in front of others! He could say that to me personally, but no he pointed that out loud that I wasn't wanted!
      I left the store and bought nothing and I never felt so humiliated in my life! Please, Target, train your employees better, they are very rude and aggressive.

Targetsame day pick up

Hey Target
        If I order an iPad and cover for same day pick up
        I expect your inventory to be live
        If you charge my card I expect that
        The product is in and reserved
        Both items on order
        If you come back hours later to say
        Unfortunately one of the items is not in
        I want the order canceled I'm told I can not cancel because I'm only allowed an hour after placing order
        To cancel it
        If you don't tell me with in the hour
        That you are inept and have taken my money with out the product on hand
        How can I cancel with in your time frame
        Mr Dumb and Stupid retailer
        Take note you suck at cust service
        If I buy something and you cannot
        Fulfill the entire order and I want to cancel
        Entire order
        That is my right
        I don't want to hear you tell me you cannot
        Cancel an entire order hours after it's placed
        Cause it's already tracking
        There is no fed ex on sat nite or sun
        Is my response as it still in ur warehouse
        Your inept system and employees only
        Make my hatred for your company
        Embedded in my mind for ever
        You are not my only option fortunately
        And I will go out of my way to not deal with you
        Good job in leaving lasting negative oppionions about your bad practices

Jax Justice Jun 07, 2017

Hey dunbass [censored]. They don't charge your card till you pick it up. Wha a loudmouth loser

Targetcustomer service

Target cashiers have asked me if I was interested in their credit card every time I check out for as long as I can remember and I always let them know I'm not interested. On Wednesday, the cashier asked me not once or twice but three times if I wanted to apply for the credit card. How many times does a customer have to say no before they get the message and why does this question have to be asked every single time I enter the store. These poor cashiers have to ask every time and I'm sure they are as annoyed asking the question just as much as the customer is to get asked. Please stop asking. Believe me, I already purchase enough items at target to give them way more profits than their target card would benefit anybody. I should just stick to self check where I was headed that day anyway.

Targetservice complaint sunnyvale ca

I live around corner from Sunnyvale CA target store I was just there yesterday went to customer service with a pair of pajamas two piece set and a pair of sweat pants both were gifts and I was given a photo copy of the roriginal eceipt I go to to do what I considered to be a simple with receipt tags and hangars and photocopy of the receipt since the giver used they're credit card she had given me a photo copy obviously she kept original receipt for her own reference the stuff was wrong size and colors and almost didn't get to do exchange the guy at counter gave me a hard time because receipt. A photo copy so he called the manager who said I guess one time over phone but then manager ends coming to customer service to actually again look at receipt himself and again say well do it this once time but not after this I was at a other target day before by where I was doing other errands your store at Westgate mall in San Jose CA and customer service was tending to a. African American lady and her three children in front of me she was swapping out one thing for another separate non receipt and receipt returns and no questions asked I think this would be considered reverse discrimination why does the return policy only apply to certain ethnic groups or people as individuals I'm seriously thinking about making a complaint. To bbb and consumer affairs and attorney general as well as Ada Americans disabilities act for a complaint I am perm disabled had to stand in line while they at first tell me no and night before no because I also got a altec Lansing speaker I had only wanted to exchange not even return even swap and I go to electronics theres only one employee helping a Indian man the man says he's going to think about what to purchase as a gift for someone so the guy eventually goes to assist me because the speakers are in locked cabinet and then same Indian man decides he's just going to get one of things he had been shown and the guy looks at me and says I need to help this guy so I'll be with you when I'm done well I should there in pain heater always up high in the store and I'm sweating profusely waiting and waiting so eventually go press red button on one of phones in store which gets another guy to help me I tell him what I'm doing and show him the one that was a gift and that I already went to customer service so the first guy leaves helping Indian man to make sure the guy helping me now carried the other speaker to customer service and tells him what I had already told him customer service said and to walk me over to customer service first off I didn't steal the speaker you couldn't they are in a locked cabinet and I don't do that anyway and I walked in with mine and went straight to customer service and even asked should I leave with customer service he tells me no just take with me to electronics. And the only reason. I got to even exchange was only option I was given due to your ridiculous policy now of non receipt returns to a maximum dollar amount people lose receipts you know not everyone especially disabled unless wealthy use credit cards etc mostly debit card or cash and I get told I can't do any returns no receipt for a whole year well I hadn't done any since last year when people bought me new move in household items and some I liked others I swapped for other items and I thought the policy meant next calendar year but I'm told you don't know when that date is and has to be year exactly no matter what month but has to be a year and when someone purchases a gift for you item goes on sale they don't have receipt and you tell me it's on sale so 20.00 knocked off the original purchase that's not fair to person who purchased gift or to person receiving gift only you make out on that deal I get all prescriptions on your store and my mother constantly shops at Antioch store she lives in Brentwood but she is considering canceling her card with you and discontinuing shopping at your stores until you stop docking the innocent giving sale prices on expensive gifts and telling yes and no according to ethnicity this is not right and I will go to media I'm sick of this and you don't accommodate disabled no separate registers or lines to wait in I won't be treated any different because I am white just like others won't because they're black Asian Indian etc

Targetstore management

I was hired by another firm to work inside a Target store in Superior, CO, (outside Boulder). We operated under a "Letter of Agreement" (LOA) that was generated by Target corporate. My first shift was a shock as no one in the store was aware I was slated to work there! I had to get everyone up to speed myself (fortunately, I had a copy of the agreement with me). I mentioned the problem to the Leader on Duty (LOD). He said communication failures were an everyday occurrence at that store. I struggled to succeed for several months because those problems never changed. The agreement letter got updated several times and I always had to take a copy and go over it as management never did. The staff was never once informed. Near the end of the program, the staff refused to follow the agreement, and they lobbied a different LOD to get their way, even though I had given them the updated agreement recently. No matter, the uninformed LOD acted like he was my boss (he wasn't, the training specifically stated I was not a Target employee), because I worked for an outside firm. He told me to do whatever the staff wanted. I also explained that I had to way to report what the staff wanted (I had to file an online report after my shift which didn't allow for the staff's petty revolt and alternate choices). He didn't care that I had the LOA and he didn't want to read it when I showed it to him. This was about ego and power for him. He then falsely accused me of being unprofessional and I got pulled from the project! This was pure scapegoating and managerial dishonesty. I'll never shop at any Target stores again!

Targetcustomer service / air mattress

Will never shop there again. Bought an air mattress. After blowing it up, we noticed someone had tried to tape a hole. Carried it back and the customer service desk returned it for another one. I asked them if this one had a problem could I just get a refund. They said no problem if it was defective. Well Target doesn't stand behind their word. I carried the second one back and they said they couldn't give me a refund because it had been opened. How stupid do you have to be to think you can tell if it's defective without opening it. They refused to give me a refund or even a store credit. I left the store very upset. I came home and made a couple of calls and finally talked to a supervisor over at guest relations. He apologize but said he had to follow store rules. He was as arrogant and stupid as the other people I talk to. I understand rules are rules but when you sell defective products, the customer shouldn't have to pay for it. Will never shop there again.

Targetmouthwash coupon + cartwheel

I walked into the store to purchase a colgate Mouthwash, drove all the way there knowing there was a 1 time cartwheel offer and I had a manufacturer coupon...thinking no problem. Cartwheel for item CLEARLY reads you can combine a paper and a cartwheel even a target coupon for this offer (which I did not have). The young girl at the register couldn't understand why the offer wouldn't go threw and called over some help. Not sure of this woman's position but I assume manager...? She also said the register wouldn't let her go threw with the transaction. Couldn't she override? She couldn't understand but also wasn't willing to explain why she couldn't put my transaction threw...I'm feeling discouraged, all I wanted was 1 mouthwash, it's not like I want to clear a shelf with my 1 coupon. I've been hearing from several people that they are having issues at target with cartwheel offers from friends and not completely sure but thinking maybe I should take my business somewhere else! (Frustrated customer here)

Targetimmoral credit card collection practices

I provided my ex with an authorized user card on my Target account in 2006. In 2008 we separated, I moved home across the country contacted Target to cancel the authorized user card. Target agreed. In the spring of 2009 I was contacted by Target stating the account had been maxed out and delinquent. I agreed to settle and pay the balance in return for the card being closed and settled in full i payed Target 2500$. Fast Forward to 2016 Target sued me was granted a judgement for the full balance and are now garnishing my wages for 5500$. This is not only dishonest but appears to be interest and fees way above usery. On a card with a 2500 limit my credit report now reports a 3750 charge off, per the local court house where filed the balance due is now 4400$ yet a garnishment of 5500$ has been levied against my pay check causing 25% of my after tax earnings to be stolen from me. The law firm that filed the suit is Midland funding. They refuse to answer the phone, return calls and the one time they have refused to discuss how the balance exists and has reached such a high dollar amount. On top of being unethical, and immoral is causing financial hardship. I am able to settle but due to the first time this was paid and still now being sued am not sure that makes sense again. In addition the usury amount of the balance is concerning and seems unlawful. This non valid garnishment is negatively affecting my ability to pay living expenses and college expenses for my child. This is unfair, unjust and dishonest. Despite my effort to contact legal assistance i continue to hear this is not an isolated occurrence and that their is little of no legal recourse for a Citizen. Can you help? This seems like an UN community type thing to do to a county taxpayer especially a civil servant.

Targetstore experience and charge for wrong items

On December 18, 2016, our flight delayed and airlines loss our luggage. My husband and I had to stay one night at Chicago. Our taxi driver dropped us off at Rosemont Target store (no address on the receipt, only phone # [protected]) to do shopping because we have no clothes to change and we need personal care items for our 10 days vacation.

The first cashier scan all the items from our shopping cart, but because he said my credit card was invalid, he tossed back all the items to the shopping cart and left. He said the receipt will store in the cash register.

My credit card still not work after I called my credit card company, my husband decided to use his card to pay. We went back in line and told the second cashier that we had all the items in the shopping cart and asked if he is going to scan them again. He did not bother to scan but randomly ran a receipt out from the register and said the total amount is $423.65. We did not check the receipt and left for our dinner. Our shopping time was between 8: 00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The store was not busy that night.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel, I did not check the receipt until around 11:30 p.m. that night and found out that the items were not belongs to us. The receipt charged for Baby, Pets and clothes. I called the store, the manager insisted that I had to go back there to fix the mistake. And he said the store is closing in 15 to 20 minutes. I explained to him that I only stay one night at Chicago And I was not able to make it because the store is going to close soon. I requested if he could pull out the receipt that stored in the cash register and I'll provide him the bar code of each items. but he refused.

After I came back to California, I went to local Target store and requested if they can scan the items that I could pay for it but store manager was not able to help. The store manager said the California system is different from Chicago.

On December 29, 2016, I called your Customer Care specialist, Sandra, I told her what exactly happened with that transaction, but she said I had to file dispute with my credit card company. My case # is [protected] with Target.

I feel very frustrated because It was your cashiers that made this mistake . We paid for the items not ours. I have been trying to pay for the right amount for the correct items that we have. But it seems no body offer help to resolve this dispute.

My store experience on that night was not happy either. Not only both cashier not polite, the way the first cashier handled our items was not professional and seems the out of town folk are not welcome. He said advertised on sale item not apply/available to people who don't live there. The second cashier should scan all the items again instead of provide random receipt to customer.

Please be understand that only my husband and I traveling, we have no baby, no pet, the clothes on the receipt were not ours. Please let me know if you could resolve the mistake that caused by your cashiers. my e-mail address is [protected]@yahoo.com

Thank for your kind attention! And looking forward to your earliest reply!

Targetcustomer service was unhelpful

I had a bad experience with Target and I will not buy from them again. I have ordered a couple of things from them and after I paid for my order I received a confirmation message. Everything seemed fine and I didn't worry about anything. But several days later I got another message stating that two items were not in stock and was offered a refund. I contacted Target, we discussed all the details and I agreed for a refund.
                        They did not keep their promise and up until now I still have no money. I contacted them many times and received only empty promises and absolutely no information about my refund. Customer service was unhelpful and very hard to deal with. I am very disappointed with Target and I will not buy from them again! I only hope I'll get my money back.

Targetracism in your stores happened a while back but

Ok so this happened to me and my sister in your target store a while back why I'm writing now is because I use to love shopping at your store wouldn't go several times a week. I decided to write about it today because it bothered me today and can't get it out my mind. Anyways me and my sister was shopping we were the only colored people around. The old lady kept starring at us only while we were in self check out. She seen something ring up differently on the screen took the items away from us and told us she will look for the correct price if we wanted them. Pulled us aside very embarrassing after words. A nice Caucasian women took the items from the employees hand and purchased them for me for the price it was ringing and she didn't tell her anything because she was white. Then afterwards I checked out with my items at self check out and I never had anyone come behind me and check my bags telling me it was just a procedure. Bull crap that was. After all this I have not shopped in target because this was the only one I use to go to. They treat me this way everytime I come because of my color and I don't appreciate this at all.

• Ms
                              MskBanks Apr 22, 2017

Target red card and target.com need to be put off the map. in December of 16 received the letter from Target Red card stating no usage on card in six months will cancel due to no activity. Then in January 2017 received statement of charges target.com called in about erroneous charges they transferred me to target.com they could not find any charges from my email address at home nothing shipped to me nothing ordered by me but the charges were on my card. It has been 4 months and they cant get it right. After finding target put charges on my card by mistake they still want me to sign an affidavit about the charges, if it was their error they should corrected it. Just STUPID practice.

Targetabsolutely terrible and dishonest company

I have a bad experience with Target and I would not recommend this company! I bought 3 items from them and received only two and when I contacted customer service they tried to assure me there were all three items in the package. I told them I wasn't blind and that I saw only two item and third one was missing.
                            After numerous emails they finally agreed that I was telling the truth and even said that they were very sorry for causing me trouble. They promised I'll get a refund for the third item but that did not happen. Recently I contacted Target about the money and they said they need more time. More time for what?
                            Absolutely terrible service and dishonest customer support. Never again!

Targetresponse from employee

At 4:08 p.m. today, I went into Target in Poplin Place on 74 in Monroe, N.C. to pay my bill. A cart had hit someone' s car. I told the young lady in customer service. She said immediately that it was not the store's responsibility. I said I agree but there are carts all over the parking lot. She said well we do not have anyone who can do that now.
                              I paid bill and shopped for several things. When I came out nothing had been done. My suggestion is to train employees in how to tell a person that without sounding like you do not care. At least say you appreciate the information. It goes a long ways in making customers want to come back.

Carolyn

Target.comextra long lines

It has become a reoccurring theme that every time I visit the local Target near my job in Martinsburg, WV I am found waiting 20-25 minutes in line. I understand that some patience is required in life and especially when interacting in public, but I truly feel that Target should at least try to accommodate consumers by calling more tellers up front. I am not sure what the company policy is with when to request more help to the front, but waiting 25+ minutes and having lines as far back as the first area of clothes and jewelry is ridiculous. Not to mention that waiting that long while on a quick one hour lunch break is going to continue to deter consumers from "stopping by" Target real quick to grab some items. After waiting 25 minutes consistently in line, I have decided that Target stores and inconvenience are no longer for me, I have found myself going to any other store in the shopping center but yours.

Targetcustomer service

Just visited the Target in Wilmington NC for the 1st time in a while. Purchased 3 items which 1 was beer. The cashier ask for my date of birth and entered it into the computer. What an insult to me and most folks that are 'obviously' over the drinking age. And to enter it into a computer!!
                                  It is great to ensure those purchasing alcohol are of legal age but must Target's policy insult those who are greatly of age. Senior ciizens like myself should not have to get this BAD policy. I will not because I Do not plan to shop there again. Wake up Target management, a simple discrete asking of ones ID for those that look close to or below age would as it does for 99.9 percent of all other merchants. And forget entering it into a computer, for what purpose.

• Po
                                      pobarjenkins Feb 03, 2017

You are incredibly entitled and self-absorbed. The system requires an age be put in and the cashier would like to enter the proper date. I've been to many other liquor stores and they all request that information. If a cashier doesn't do it properly, they could get in trouble with their management. Your whining is not worth that. Go somewhere else as I'm sure they would prefer not to have someone like you as a customer.

Target.comapollo the super pup and his racer vehicle

hello,
                                    I am very upset bc I went to 3 diffrent targets and called about 10 all over NV. online it is advertised that Apollo and his car can only be purchased in store and there is no other option to buy this set. It is also advertised that it's a target exclusive item.

Apollo and his racer are no where to be found throughout any of the stores I called. I was told that what I am seeing online( number of available item the store has on hand) is not correct bc the item number is the same for all the pups in the paw patrol?! wait what?! this does not make any sense how all the pups share the same item number, I don't understand how the store would be able to keep accurate property accountability. I'm not even sure this is true. all I know is that one little 3 yr old boy was super upset and could not understand why the ba-cuteter (computer, but my son can't say it so it's ba-cuteter) said it was at the store and the money he pulled out of piggy bank would not be getting him Apollo and his racer vehicle.

so explaining this to my son was a catastrophic emotional event, false advertisement can not be explined properly to a 3 yr boy, not even if ur Oprah! if you could please make this availble to purchase online so I can buy it? that would be awesome... or tell me how to get it because target is the only store that is advertising it for 16.99 or 14.99 I can't remeber, but everywhere else only has the pup without the car, and my #1 go too, when I need something I can't get in the stores, amazon wants 46.00 for the set, that is insane...

V/r

Tammy Joseph, Army Soldier& mom of 2 boys who love paw patrol, and must have Apollo and his racer vehicle

• Updated by Tammy Joseph · Feb 01, 2017

I did not share this on social media.

Target.comunruly teenagers @ the collections oxnard target

Hi! This is not the norm for me but I am spent! Weekends are a horrible at Target flooded with unsupervised teenagers running amuck.

Yesterday, I witnessed two teenagers tossing the ball back and forth down the isle giggling as if it were a playground. I saw this from the adjacent Isle, the height of the ball was so high I saw it float through the air, and I'm short! Well, I've had it with these ( ugh sigh) little humans, as I walked by I gave them the mom look and said " how old are you guys? " it was not a pretty look I felt bad for them! Seriously, it's gotten out of hand. A friend started she witnessed a security guard approach the kid but the brat outran them. Please hire more security guards. It's no joke, love the store but not the teenagers.
                                      Be well

• Pyramid of Control Aug 15, 2017

I think you should have just walked away after commenting and left it at that—unless they were trashing something you could just take it upon yourself to see it in a good light, rather than stay disgruntled. Though I can sympathize with that natural feeling of annoyance, I try to analyze why I'm irritated at the situation in the first place—like, does it really matter? am I blowing this out of proportion? If I feel disturbed enough I might remark, but then I may incur the cost of derogatory backlash etc. So if there isn't really a problem above "annoyance level" I just try to find a way to think more positively about it, like the fact I used to be young and energetic and annoying sometimes, and should have the capacity to understand.

Targetservice

I purchased a few items from target in pinole ca 12/17/16 with cash, I found that they charged me twice for one item. I called and spoke with a rude "manager" she told me to come in with my receipt and they'll fix it either two ways but it will be fixed. I did just that and was told they need to look at the footage to make sure I was charged twice. well unfortunately since it's now 1/23/17 they couldn't go back that far. and are saying they are not refunding me or anything.

service

• Po
                                            pobarjenkins Jan 26, 2017

Why did you come in over a month later?