T-Mobile USAcredit promised

B Oct 24, 2018 Review updated:

I was asking for assistance due to my phone had a software issue and I wasn't able to take calls. I wasn't able to pay the amount needed to get the phone fixed so T-Mobile offered to give me a credit of $100.
I told them I still didn't have enough but they said that that offer would still hold and I could claim it when I saved enough money to pay for the repair.
I had a unusable phone for weeks until I was able to save up and pay. To my surprise due to the newer generation of phone release, my repair amount dropped in price. I was not only to pay $100, this was awesome. I paid the repair amount and then I called T-Mobile to claim my credit and they stated that they were not able to credit me the promised amount anymore. I have the transcript of the conversation where they agent gave me an amount not a % dependent on the charge and they still refused to help. They said that I should be grateful that they are even crediting my anything at all and that if I was with another carrier that I would have not been given any courtesy assistance.

• Da
    David McKnight Jan 10, 2019

Stop!!! If you're considering switching to T-Mobile Carrier Freedom. If you switched from T-Mobile to another carrier and decided to switch "back" to T-Mobile, take heed. Last year I switched 4 lines from T-Mobile Carrier Freedom to Sprint which included 3 iPhone 8 plus's. After several months I was not happy with Sprint and decided to switch back to T-Mobile. T-Mobile promised me up to $650 per line to cover the cost of the phones owed to Sprint, at which point I received new phones from T-Mobile. I paid Sprint the $2300 owed to them for the cost of the phones assuming T-mobile would honor their deal to reimburse me up to $650 per phone to make the switch. When I presented T-Mobile the closing bill from Sprint, I got the "Oh, you had the Carrier Freedom plan within a two year period, you do not qualify for the $650 per phone deal". I will recover none of the $2300 I paid to Sprint from T-Mobile. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper. If you're considering switching, maybe you want to consider another carrier. They don't want to pay you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices