T-Mobilesidekick outage, no resolution, shoddy cs, $200 cancellation fee, refusal to speak to supervisors.

K

Ok just quickly posted this on their forums:
I am at wits end at this point. I will be posting negative reviews on every review site I can find. I will also be discouraging any and all friends/family from joining t-mobile.

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years. I have a near flawless record with this company. And i'm being treated worse than a potential new customer.
I have no contacts. My sidekick has been virtually unusuable for almost a week. No resolution is in sight. I have lost the ability to contact anyone, by no fault of my own. I am not getting the service I am paying for. My time has been wasted. I have had to clock out of work to talk to csrs, wasting time and money. Yet I am expected to throw money at tmobile for service I am not receiving. I have no way to contact my so who is on the otherside of the country for an entire month for work. I could not contact my friend to wish them a "happy birthday" on their birthday monday. And another on tuesday. I can not email clients. I could not contact my manager to let her know I would be late in to work because of car issues.
(Fudged a little, obviously)
And yet i'm being compensated $35? Oh, sure. Thirty-five dollars totally makes up for loss of social and work life. You're right. And yes, a snotty attitude from a csr when I call to speak to a supervisor is totally in order, you're right yet again. When the same csr refuses to let me speak to a supervisor, then informs me you already provided me with $70 worth of refunds, I should be clicking my heels in joy, not even mentioning that the first half of that refund was a courtesy credit because someone on your end submitted a refund form twice for something that wasn't even my fault and has nothing to do with the sidekick outage in the first place. This is what you expect?
Let me tell you what I expect, tmobile. I expect a phone that works. I pay my bill on time, and I therefore expect to get the services I am paying for. I expect that when services can not be fufilled, alternative options be explored. When these options have been exhausted, I expect to be released from a contract that you, tmobile, are not withholding without charging me etfs. I have absolutely no problem paying for the service in which I did use. I think that is perfectly fair. I have suggested this, but the csr I spoke with refused to let me speak with a supervisor.
Steph ‎ (1:35 pm):
I am failling to see how this is fair. I am also failling to understand why I am expected to withold my end of the service agreement when you, tmobile, are not upholding your end of the bargain. I am paying for services. But I am not getting the services for which I have paid.
T-mobile, I was happy with your services for the past 6 years. Despite the phones I had to send back multiple times because they would not work, despite billing errors and other minor outtages. I took it. I stuck with ya'll. You have had excellent customer service. I, having experience as a csr in my life, have been nothing but kind and patient with your reps. Now I am being treated like someone who just walked in the door. I am appalled by the shoddy service, tmobile. Tenure means nothing to you.

As I stated, I will be posting my experience and my opinions on every website I can access. People need to know. I sincerely hope a $200 cancellation fee is worth it to you.

Best regards, stephanie

• Ka
    karapti Aug 05, 2006

T-mobile wireless service: Received new Samsung phone when I renewed contract for 2 yrs. Phone not working well. Since it was more than 15 days later, store told me to send phone back to co. & would receive replacement for only $15 postage. Salesman looked at my phone at that time. I did received another phone only to be billed $106.00 for it. When I contacted customer service, they told me my phone had been "liquid damaged". Though I've tried to argue that this was not possible, I have gotten no satisfaction.

• Pr
    Priscila Palacios Feb 16, 2007

Something similar happened to me too. I got a sidekick 2 and it was not working well so i took it back and the salesperson switched the sim card and put it in another sidekick 2 that was used, dirty, and all scratched up. I was really unhappy but i do not blame the salesperson i blame the tmobile company. It is their rules and the person only have to listen and follow the directions.

• Ka
    Kaylie Donnelly May 18, 2007

I got a mobile phone from T-Mobile on the 26th of December 2017 the phone started turning itself on and off. I left it hoping it wouldn't happen again but then my phone started crashing. The screen would go white and all my ring tones and wallpapers would reset themselves. When I went into the store I was treated like an idiot just because of my age and I believe that if that was any other adult it would have been treated differently. The man only went through a couple of files and told me it looked fine to him. I now still have the mobile and today it turned itself off again and when I turned it back on I now have no screen and there is thin black lines coming through the screen! I have been a customer with Orange, O2 and Virgin and I can safely say T-Mobile has by far been the worst!

janet o buabeng May 24, 2007

I took advantage of an online promotion for free Motorola Razr V3 phone on 5/16/2017 to sign for a new service. T-mobile shipped me a Samsung T619 phone instead. I refused sent the wrong phone back, called them with tracking # as advised. After spending over an hour on the phone being moved from department to department, I was given a male supervisor. He wanted me to pay for the phone I requested because it's no longer on that promotion. He quoted me the promotion he could remember for the week. They had buy one get one free on their Tattoo dragon razr phones but the non tattooed ones were free. I chose a free non Tattooed Razr Magenta V3, that was denied me.

The most unprofessional aspect of the whole scenario was, this so-called supervisor hanged the phone me without courtesy. This is T-MOBILE business and attitude to customers. I deserve a better treatment than this. I believe T-MOBILE should honor its promotions.

• Dc
    DC D Jun 27, 2007

I have been a t mobile customer for a while now, and less than a year ago upgraded to the Motorola razor phone for my daughter and myself. My daughter's phone stopped working and as it was under warranty we tried to get it replaced. All three of the representatives I spoke with on the phone said the phone was water damaged and they would not replace it. The phone has not been in the water and has been well cared for and used normally. The reps then asked if it had been in the bathroom while she showered as this would cause the damage (no, she had not, but it seems a pretty poor product that could not take a slightly steamy bathroom). One of them asked had it been left in the car and that this would cause damage. Again, not a very good product if being left in a car will damage it. One of the reps said she lives in Kansas and that the humidity had damaged HER phone, causing it to stop working, but I suppose since she works for t mobile she can get all the free phones she needs. Several of my friends who have razor phones have had problems with them, and I told the reps this, but they insisted that this was an excellent phone. Since they have themselves had problems with the razor phone this would attest to it's apparent fragility. Since T Mobile was most assuredly not going for the customer loyalty and offering me a replacement phone, I asked about buying a new phone for a decent price (I can afford about 20-30 dollars). NOT ONCE did they offer to sell me a replacement phone alone. Any new phone I bought from T-Mobile would have to come with a new 2 year contract!! They then offered to help with our plans (which I thought included nights and weekend, but apparently does not), again with a brand new 2 year contract. This is not acceptable, since there are better and much cheaper plans on the market I asked about terminating our contract. To do so I would be charged $200. This is absurd. So, I told them I have no recourse left but to complain. They would not accept a complaint over the phone, and sent me to the website. I wrote this exact letter to them (up until this point when it would not allow me to go further) and then tried to send it to them. 4 times I tried and the e mail would not go through. It said the website was possibly not working properly, so I once again, for the 5th time today, called T-Mobile to get an e mail address for customer support. The representative I spoke to (Sam, they won't give you last names) said they didn't have the e mail address!! He then put me on hold for quite a while only to come back and tell me again, they don't have the address, that T-Mobile would not give THEM the e mail address!! This is preposterous. Sam then said I could fax them, and I told him I do not have a fax machine. He kept insisting that I could fax t mobile, and I kept telling him that I DON'T have a fax, and all I need is an e mail address. Sam insisted that no one there had the t mobile e mail address for customer service, so I told him I guess I would have to send my complaint to the BBB and perhaps they could get through. I also figure it wouldn't hurt to send the complaint to other sites and alert consumers as to this in hopes that they will think twice about using T-Mobile!!

Thanks!

Dana

• Mi
    mindy artinger Sep 05, 2007

After being with T-Mobile for all most 1 year with nothing but bad issues and bad service no matter where I went. I decided to change my service to another company. Now they are charging me 275.00 for ending my contract early. Spit all the bad service and problems that I had with them. I think that they should really take into consideration all the problems that I had with them but they will not. I really hope that nobody had to go through this problem.

• Valerie Sep 07, 2007

I just got off the phone with T-Mobile regarding another billing fiasco. I was charged $121.80 for text messaging last billing period, and had apparently accrued about $90 this billing period. The best the agent on the phone could do was sell me a messaging service and back date it to the beginning of the billing period. When I said I disagreed with the text messaging charges as I was given the expectation they were covered in my blackberry full data add-on, I was told that no credits are issued after the billing cycle closes. I even asked if there is some "irate customer escalation process" and was told that, had I monitored the billing during the billing period and called in before the billing closing date, I could have bought the additional package and had it back dated then. There is nothing T-Mobile will do after the billing close date, which is completely absurd.

If it wasn't for the $200 per line termination fee, I would have canceled service on that call. However, I cannot spare $400 right now. But when I have it, I will change carriers in a heart beat. Shame on me for extending my contract two years in order to save a few bucks on my phone upgrade two months ago.

• Ad
    Adrienne Mater Sep 11, 2007

I am so irate I cannot even go into detail right now. Terrible service! I was promised it was be as good as my former carrier. NOT AT ALL. Billing is always a problem and I drop calls on the interstate. Reception is so bad I can't even communicate with customer service from my home IN THE CITY. It will be a pleasure to pay the exorbitant cancellation fees and be done with this irritation for good.

• Ki
    Kim Knight Sep 13, 2007

Be very careful if you're traveling overseas with your T-Mobile phone. They have started a new scam where - if you get a call while overseas, and you don't answer it - you will still be charged for one minute - AND - they charge for another minute for a call to Santa Barbara, CA. What is going on apparently, is, they are charging for the incoming call, even if it is not answered. And then they are charging to route the call back to the Sanata Barbara, CA, which is T-Mobile's voicemail, even though no voicemail is left by the caller. This happened to me 3 times this past summer - Bahamas, Hong Kong, and China, and they did it for all 3 countries. For every incoming call I got, but never answered, there was a duplicate call back to California. I never answered any calls while overseas, because I only used my phone for email/data. And I had only a few voicemails, but T-Mobile charged as if every caller had left a voicemail.

This is a new scam, because it didn't happen last year. I'm really amazed it's going on, because it's so blatant. The charges added up to close to $500 for me.

• Li
    Linda Browning Sep 16, 2007

I have many complaints against T-Mobile, but dealing with this latest has put me over the edge. I have yet to talk to anyone in customer service without feeling my blood pressure rising. T-Mobile should be offering free blood pressure screening for their customers... and I am not being facetious! When I speak to anyone at any time dealing with T-Mobile, I feel sick afterward. It's pathetic that any company has that type of hold over people.

My husband and I have been T-Mobile customers since 2017 mainly because of their 2 year contract extensions for hiccuping... not because we have wanted to be. Our recent incident took place beginning June 2017. We knew we were nearing the end of our contract and had heard great reviews and personal reports about Cingular/AT&T. My husband had called in to T-Mobile to see when our contract was up and was told in June that we were "out of contract" now and were going month to month. GREAT NEWS! I logged onto AT&T website and found a great deal with great phones. We would finally be on the same plan as our children who live out of state. I called T-Mobile to tell them we were canceling our account. It was then I was told we were still under contract until December 6,2017! Well, the company had us again, because my husband uses his cell phone for his contracting business and he cannot be without it. I was very upset with the customer rep and she apologized, which they always do. I'm sure it's a daily thing with them. I had to quickly call AT&T and tell them that I could not go through with the order I had just placed. When I told them what had happened, they did not seemed surprised. It wasn't but a few hours later when we had no cell service. I called my husband's business line at work and his cell phone said "NO SERVICE". I got this sick feeling in my stomach and my breathing got shorter as I had to call T-Mobile back. They had disconnected our numbers and sent them "OUT INTO THE CIRCULATION" of all cell phone numbers. This all happened in an hour??? I think not. I finally was able to speak to a supervisor as I was so frustrated. I asked how this could happen so soon. She advised me that this did not happen because of the order, it was because my husband had called in to have the lines disconnected when in reality he only called to see if we were out of contract yet. My husband could not afford to have his cell phone disconnected with his business! "OH, but we have it documented what he said." Does anyone with any outside authority look at documentation? It's happened too many times with us and we are not stupid people. We know what we called in for.

We have since moved to Colorado and have been here 3 weeks. My husband and I followed each other out here and had very little phone coverage all the way. It was back to the old days of flashing your lights and hand signals, except I don't have to pay $80 a month to do that. Looking on the coverage map on the web, we should have had excellent coverage most of the way. Last week, we visited a T-Mobile store in Flat Iron Mall in Broomfield, CO. We told our sad tale to the young lady working the desk about our poor reception and now that we have moved here, were we under the best plan. She looked up our account and highly suggested we go to the Family Plan MyFaves, where we can each have 5 people we can call for unlimited minutes. She advised us that we needed to add mobile to mobile as that plan knocked you out of that. MAJOR rip off. WHY would they do that?? Now the T-Mobile friends and even my husband would have to be on the MyFaves list, which completely negates the whole deal. SOUNDS like a rip off to me... hmmmmm. Great marketing, but you automatically pay $9.99 per month to call the people you use to call for free mobile to mobile. Where is the FCC on all of this? At any rate, we were told at the T-Mobile store since we were three months away from being out of contract that we should wait until October to upgrade to better phones and we could get a great deal that would not extend our contract. She advised us that the Samsung SGH-495 was a really bad phone... funny, the little T-Mobile guy when we picked it out that extended our contract said it was one of the best! We were advised at the T-Mobile store that the phone was compatible to the new plan and to just come back on Oct. 6 to the store and get new phones. She put us on the Family Plan MyFaves adding on Mobile to Mobile without a contract extension. She also advised us that on Saturday, Sept 15, the beginning our billing cycle, we were to go online and put in our MyFaves numbers. This evening I went online and everything was going well until I wanted to enter my husband's numbers. Nowhere on the website could I bring his number up. I finally dialed 611 and talked with a Customer Service Rep while still online. She asked if both numbers were under my name and I told her yes. She said, I don't have that as the correct information, so she was going to text message my husband his password. MY husband has never set up his own account. As I TOLD her, I am the account holder (he doesn't have time for this). He NEVER got the text message and I cannot bring his number up on the web. I finally gave the numbers to her verbally. The computer told me that my numbers had been accepted. She THEN asked me what type of phones we had. GEE, they are NOT compatible with MyFaves! SOOO, in order to use the service we are already paying for, I have to upgrade our phones. Now granted, she offered a great deal for $9.99 per phone (actual retail of $159.99) BUT we would extend our contract yet another TWO years. I asked if I could just forget the MyFaves and upgrade our minutes, which we could, for a ONE year extension. So we are had lads and it makes us feel very helpless and hopeless. A Helpless and Hopeless customer is NOT a repeat customer. She felt badly about all we had been through and suggested our bad phone reception is due to a network problem. She gave us a little "trick" to do on our phones and it gave us 2 bars instead of one. The funny thing is that I could not hear her most of the time and she was saying, "can you hear me, can you hear me?" That's really funny, isn't it?? My husband just could not bear the thought of extending our contract and she understood. She said she had so noted our records which by the way did NOT have the mobile to mobile added on like the gal in the store signed us up for. I noticed the mobile to mobile feature was not on our plan on the website. IF I had added it on while on the website, which I was afraid to do fearing double billing, it would have cost me $6.99 per month. BUT because of Customer Service error and I had to physically talk to someone, they are charging me $9.99 per month. This company is ruthless! Regarding the good deal on the phones; if we decide to extend our contract and call back the $9.99 deal may go up considerably because the costs just change all the time, don't you know? Tell me this, IS THAT customer service??? I think not. Someone, somewhere is really pulling the strings of this company and I don't think it's the poor customer service reps.

I think T-Mobile deceives their customers. Their marketing tactics are slick but the truth is not told to the customer. I believe the truth changes daily in this outfit, that's why you get way too many different answers from different reps. Again, how do they pass FCC rules. I think this company needs a good kick in the pants and their CEO's need to sit in on the customer side of things as punishment. I am as serious as a heart attack when I say that dealing with T-Mobile makes the blood pressure go way up. If I would call back this evening and accept the phone upgrade etc., I GUARANTEE you, I would get a completely different story and what would be documented would not be the truth. I have read some of the complaints on this website and totally empathize with these people. You might say, why not just cancel the contract. Well, after being held hostage as a customer since 2017, I refuse to give them $200 PER line... $400 of our good earned money to them. I just won't do it!

I worked for Ma Bell back in the 70's and we were always told we were a monopoly! T-Mobile is a monopoly with their polices. There is no getting out once they get you as a customer. AGAIN, where is the FCC???

• Se
    Sean Stidman Sep 19, 2007

My complaint is short and simple. We ordered two phones last week from T-Mobile that are to be on the same family plan. The phones showed up Monday and I called to have both phones activated that night. My phone was working by 8:00 AM the next day. My wifes phone still does not work. T-Mobile has told me that there was some sort of screwup with my activation and my wife will be without phone service for up to 4 days!!! My wife is livid about that. T-Mobile is unwilling to expedite the handling of this issue. I guess they think 4 days without phone service is no big deal. To many of us, it is a big deal. Also, they could try to pacify us by throwing us some sort of bone, but even though they accept that this was their screwup, they are unwilling to do anything for us.

Carol D. Ellard Sep 19, 2007

I have had nothing but troble since I started with T-Mobile. This time, I have paid my bill and you all say I have not...paid through a T-Mobile web sight. Please respond and thanks for your time and efforts. You have my e-mail adress or my phone if it will work. Sincerely Carol Ellard

• Br
    Brian Mock Nov 16, 2007

On Sept 12th, a member of my family was deployed to the middle east. Prior to his leaving, we approached Tmobile about the best way to stay in touch. We have been loyal Tmobile customers for more than 5 years. We were sold on blackberrys and features such as international roam "which for less than an additional $40 a month, you will be able to stay in touch 24/7", the agent explained. Upon arrival, we found the services not working. Numerous calls were made to Tmobile, our bill increasing daily. We were promised more than once that all of this would be credited once the services we were paying for were repaired. After two months, in November, service was up and running. What I thought would be a simple process of crediting my account has turned into a nightmare. Upon my first request for credit, I was told "we do not guarantee service, signal or features". I was shocked. You sell something, work for two months to get it repaired and then refuse to issue credits as you never guaranteed what you sold in the first place?? My bill is more than 10 times what it normally is, and all due to agents who are programed to be a nice as can be while they lie through their teeth. After no resolution, I went ahead and paid my normal monthly bill while disputing the rest. I thought this would atleast keep my service on while we resolved the issue. WRONG. Two days after the bill was due, service was suspended. After 5 years as a loyal customer?? I called t-mobile and was told to email those I had been in contact with. I did so, and stated I was about to contact all the major newspapers with my story. A young soldier, sitting in the desert, cut off from his family by a corporate giant. I recieved a call back in less than 30 minutes stating my service had been restored pending investigation. I recieved an offer later in the day to credit 50% if I agree to pay 50%. For those of you who have sons or daughters serving our country, you know how important it is for them to be in touch with loved ones. Its what helps them get through another day. I feel I have no choice but accept the offer as I can not let my service be cut off. But I won't go away quietly and thats a promise.

• Am
    Amanda Cope Jan 07, 2008

I went online and changed my account from 1500 minutes to 1000 minutes on 9-14-07. When i rec'd my bill in December, it was 1322.87. I have never had a bill over $60 in thefour years I have been with t-mobile. I called to tell them about their mistake when Darrin advised me when I made the change of minutes that I had selected a program with NO NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. I advised him I didn't even know there was such a program and I have never had it before. Even after seeing and admitting that 80% of my calles were made NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS he still refused to adjust the bill. I went online to see how I could have made such an idiotic mistake and what do you know? The one option for 1000 minutes happens to be in the middle of a lineup and the only plan that does not have nights and weekends. It doesn't even tell you on that screen that it doesn't have nights and weekends ...you don't get told until after you click on it. I sent a long letter in to the company explaining the whole situation and they have still refused to adjust the bill. i think this is a SCAM! i think it's A TRICK!!!! I think it's FRAUDULENT!!!!! I have no other option but to go with another company even though I wil have to pay $200 to get out of my contract. I have always had great customer service from them and never a billing problem or any other. This is ridiculous! I am so disappointed! And I wil be broke having to pay that high phone bill!! I have filed a complaint with the BBB and consumer affairs!

• Cu
    curt a vassallo Jan 07, 2008

This person obviously does not know how to communicate. I have had problems in the past with TM. I have ALWAYS been able to resolve the matters. If he cannot get help with them, he had better not switch carriers. T-Mobile has the best service.

Sincerely,
    Curt

• Ce
    Celeste Turner Apr 17, 2008

On Sunday, April 13th my checking account was drafted for my monthly payment of $104.70 which was due on April 15th. This is the second time this has happened in the past two years. Neither time did I authorize the withdrawal. This time it caused $110.00 (27.50 x 4) in overdraft fees. I was told by three representatives since Monday that the problem was being handled and that T-Mobile was reimbursing the total of $214.70. Today I called for the status of my refund and was told that my request was denied. They said that I signed up for the “easy-pay” plan. Apparently, none of the representatives had the courtesy to inform me so that I could take other measures. I have been researching this and have found others that have fallen victim of what appears a scam. I filed a complaint with the FCC.

• Ce
    Celeste Turner Apr 17, 2008

• Ju
    Judy Apr 17, 2008

Yep, for some reason this same person got us too, took $ 1.05 of my debit card, now where did they get my debit card number from? My bank is going to start their own investigation.

Margarita Garcia Apr 20, 2008

I purchased a blackberry pearl phone in May and became a new customer of T-mobile. About 3 mths later the lights on the key pad went out, so I was sent a new phone. When I got the new phone the software was different. This made it difficult to type because the keys would not type the letter I wanted. So I called and they had me run some tests on the phn. The representative told me it was the different software that was new to the model so she sent me a new one. So about 5 phns (same model) later, I was told that they would offer me a new phone. The only catch was it was not the phone of my choice, it didnt even have the same features as my original phone. So I declined the offer, and explnd the model that had the same features and price that I was willing to accept. They turned me down, but offered me the phn that I wanted for a price. THE SAME PRICE I HAD JUST PAID 5 MONTHS EARLIER! short story, my issue is still unresolved, I still have the same crappy phone and they are not taking any responsibility for there crappy phones! I want the phone of MY choice, and I dont want to have to pay for it! Its there fault, not mine!

Calah Apr 28, 2008

If you want an investigation into something of this nature it is up to the customer to report it to the FTC. When they get enough complaints, they investigate. What it comes down to is, if the customer does not take action, then the government does not force the company to correct their behavior.
    File your complaint online at FTC.gov.

• Ta
    Tauni May 12, 2008

I bought two phones for a family plan on Sunday. By Wednesday one of the phones was broken. The screen was white with black spots.

I called into T-Mobile twice and they said I could bring it back. I made sure they understood it was broken. I called customer care twice, two different people told me I could bring it in.

I went to the store and was told by representative Dave at the St. Joseph T-Mobile in the mall that I was a liar, that I broke the phone, not the screen went out, and then he rolled his eyes at me when we called customer care to get it figured out.

Customer Care told me I could have a new phone. The store refused. Customer Care said they'd take care of it.

Two days later, I called customer care back. They say it's impossible to get it fixed, get a new phone, or cancel service because I broke the phone!

They said that they're charging me $400 to cancle the plan (it been 8 days) because I broke my phone.

DON'T GO TO T-MOBILE! THEY'LL DO ANYTHING TO CHARGE YOU EXTRA MONEY!!

Not even my complaints of poor customer service made it through when the guy rolled his eyes at me and told me I was a liar!

Now, I would understand if I HAD broken the phone, if it was my fault, or if I was being rude, but I wasn't.

My advice : ### T-Mobile. Don't use their service, just a warning, if you want your cell to work.

anotherfrustratedcustomer May 21, 2008

tmobile is a total rip off and i along with others are filing complaints with the bbb and ftc and you should too! terrible customer service, they talk to you as if you're not the one putting out the money! poor reception and coverage! multiple defective phones! and each rep ypu speak with explains something differently! tmobile has got to be stopped!

• Valerie Jun 16, 2008

T-MOBILE: I have never in my life seen a company like this before! If a stranger walks into a T-MOBILE STORE they can charge and put anything they want on your cell phone bill! Their customer service say its impossible but it has happened to me, someone put four new phones on my bill! It has also changed my contract date or I would gladly discontinue this horrific service.

After having to go directly into their store because I could not get anywhere with their overly apologetic customer service dept. However once I was in the store I was told by them that if someone comes in to a corporate store with a phone of yours they most likely will be allowed to charge new phones on your bill! Yes! believe it... even if it's your account and don't sign for it!! I never gave anyone permission to charge on my account but they continue to charge me for the additional services every month that was placed on my account!

I also asked them to make changes to my service from 3k min to 1k min per month...IT ALSO NEVER GOT DONE! That was after waiting multiple times over the phone and finally going into the corporate and store waiting for over 2 hours to finally get a rep free in their store. Very understaffed! Their customer service people are always very nice and friendly on the phone! They have great phone manners but I think they are seriously instructed to get nothing done!

Also stay away, If you are like me and can be a little late at times, after 3 days late they are on you harassing you like a fly on poop! They will think nothing of cutting your service off in the interim, yes, if your just a little late, they will automatically freeze your service.

Most fair business practices give someone 30-90 days to pay a bill NOT THIS COMPANY!! At times your maybe your just late, (you may be sick, half dead in an accident)they don't care. This company they will just shut-off your service-Lock Stock and Barrel!! And they will pester you to no-end! I give my customers 60 days before I would even think of calling them!

This company has really forgotten who is THE CUSTOMER. They use to be a great company when they were Mobile One. It is also a very expensive service! I just heard today Kricket is $45.00 per month w/unlimited service. Not sure how it is but I doubt it can be much worse.

These cell phone companies can make you nuts! If it wasn't for the emergency aspect of having one, I am beginning to think we where much better off as a society without them!

• El
    Elena Jul 01, 2008

Similar experience. Bought a Samsung phone from T-Mobile, which stopped working. Salesperson insisted it was water damaged--but it hadn't been in any water. Actually, it turned out the battery charger was bad...but we had to find that out for ourselves. Salesperson was not able to check battery or charger, even though when we bought the phone we were assured servicingi t could be done at the store.

• El
    Elena Jul 01, 2008

Our family has a 2 yr contract for 4 phones with T-Mobile. Both the salesman & our contract said there were no roaming limitations. When we bought the plan, we explained where the phones would be located, & were told there was no problem. Less than 2 months ago, a T-Mobile salesman tried to get us to extend our contract (4 months early), & again stressed that there were no roaming limitations. A few days ago, with no prior warning, one of our phones was disconnected from service. It has been in the same location since our service started. When we called, we were told that T-Mobile has a new policy, & has substituted a new contract, & has cut out one of our phones because it made too many out of range calls. If we had been given adequate notice (we were given none at all), I wouldn't really complain. We could have looked for another mobile service. Now we are left in limbo...

As I'm sure most people understand, mobile phones have become a necessity in certain situations. T-Mobile offered no solution or help in our distraught circumstances.

• Pa
    Patrick Jul 08, 2008

About a years time from now, after getting to my duty station I went into the mall in Watertown ny, to purchase a cell phone, I ended up getting one from t-mobile, well some time had passed and my phone was wearing out. So i went back to get a new phone and the manager instead, said he could get me 2 lines for cheaper with my military discount.He explained what the whole plan consisted of; it included 800 min for both phones and unlimited text messaging also had the my 5 faves that was what he told me. So I said ok he printed out the paperwork as i tried to understand what all the abbreviations meant he just reassured me that it was the plan we just talked about and explained it again reminding me that he was gonna take care of my military discount right away, so I went ahead and signed for the new contract. Starting issue I noticed: is I called the customer care line after my first bill to check on why it might be so high? They said my military discount never went through so i called the store back and even went down there on multiple occasions trying to get my discount fixed. Finally they gave me all the information and I went and did it myself.After a few months of no military discount. Because of work and the hassle of trying to get that fixed i missed my payment and didn't remember until about mid month that following month.So I call to make a payment and my bill was $1, 050 so I talked to them, no results. My phones then were suspended. Now I cant call to fix without finding someone with a phone I can use. So I am stuck with a outrageous bill, barely a way of contacting there customer support and finally I call them and they say well knock off the late fees, so that refused it down to around $850 about a couple weeks pass, with more than 12 phone call and only for them to say "o mr hansen i see you don't have unlimited texting on your line... I will go ahead and add that for you." I said, ok? This is the first time I found out that my text messaging wasn't on my phone so I told them it was supposed to already be on my plan according to what was explained to me when I changed my contract to 2 phone lines by the store manager, (Sandy Oney).

So after about another 4 or 5 calls the customer support tells me the only thing I can do is go talk directly to the manager who sold me my phone and told me I had unlimited text messaging. So I go to the store and speak to him directly and reminded him of the contract he told me about and had me sign, he agreed that he remembered, the 2 phones, with unlimited text messaging, 800 minutes, and my 5 faves, so I said there is a mix up I have an outrageous bill because the text messaging some how didn't transfer to my other phone, and I need it fixed. He apologized and said he would get it fixed right away. After weeks of reminding him talking to him and other people who worked there, I had talked to another man who worked during the day, he said, this kinda problem has happened before and he also told me it should be fixed by the end of the day. Now I am very upset its been months now and my phone is still not working so my friend comes with me to be there while I talk to them again. Sandy put his phone on speaker phone and made a call to what he told me was his manager me both me and my friend has heard him say multiple times that it was his fault and that he was gonna fix it times before and on the phone. Again no results and still no timeline when my bill was gonna be taken care of. So I asked him for a pen and paper and his name and his managers name then gave them a timeline when they could call me back the next day to let me know what is going on with my account to prove they are trying, And who i was going to for help if they couldn't do there job, I provided them with my friends phone number and left the store. Later that night I called the customer care line, the lady I talked to was nice and more helpful then anyone before because I mentioned the fact that i was going to talk to the BBB and have already talked to JAG, military justice. She became very nice and even called the store for me while i was still on the line, supposedly sandy, the manager, was on the other line and could not get on the phone so she gave them a list of what they need to fax over for this to be taken care of tonight or the following day. She said I would get a call around 10am on my roomates phone that I provided her the number with, never received a call, so about 2 hours later i called them back come to find out that the manager sandy is denying the fact that i was supposed to get unlimited texting and that it was not in my contract. July, 08, 2017 todays date.

• Valerie Jul 15, 2008

I have lost count of how many times I have contacted t-mobile concerning this issue, but I assure you that I am so far beyond frustrated, there isn't a word to properly describe it.

I have found that t-mobile has slyly added excess charges to my bill in the past, so I have become very wary and attentive to my statements before I pay my bill. I have been unable to access my current statement for the last three months, and my account currently has excess charges posted to it.

All I’m asking t-mobile to do is to provide me access to my current statement online, as they are supposed to do, or to send me paper statements in a timely manner (as in no later than 5 days after my billing cycle closes) without charging me more money for that too.

I am completely fed up with the extreme level of abuse and mistreatment I have received from t-mobile.

I will begin letting the world know now.

so far, these are the problems I have regularly with t-mobile:

1) my account has been unjustly limited to "written correspondence only", and t-mobile refuses to provided any type of evidence or reason for this excessively prejudice action.

2) t-mobile continues to add excess miscellaneous charges to my account, and when I have asked for these charges to be verified, they conveniently tell me the system is down, or that part of the system isn’t working, or let me transfer you to that department, whereupon I get disconnected.

3) t-mobile has not allowed me to access my current statement online for the last three months, thus not allowing me to determine the source of excess charges on my account.

4) A representative of t-mobile had recently called a family members house repeatedly, demanding to speak to me, or telling them they are in violation of the law, and must notify me immediately. These phone calls happened at various times of the day and night, and the agents were always rude, forceful, and refused to listen to any type of reason.

5) t-mobile sold me a device (t-mobile dash aka htc s620), and this device has never functioned correctly. They continued to offer me advanced exchanges, with a total of eight exchanges to date, but refused to send me a device that worked correctly, or to send me a different device without losing many of these features I use on the dash.

6) t-mobile continues to abuse and mistreat me by ignoring my requests to see my current statement, to verify excess charges on my bill, to justify or provide any type of evidence for the ridiculous limitations they have placed on my account, and they continue to harass me and my family members about a device that doesn’t exist, and about account issues that are not accurate.

I have always paid my bill on time, been polite and courteous with agents who were polite or courteous to me; I have tolerated some of the stupidest people on the planet when speaking some representatives of t-mobile, including people in the technical support department.

I have been run to the end of my rope, and I will no longer ask politely for t-mobile to do the right thing.

All I want is to be treated with the same tolerance, respect, and honour that I have treated t-mobile with.

• Ly
    lynn Jul 17, 2008

Anyone that is having problems with the tmobile phone company should contact the better business bureau with all their issues. Until I did, I couldn't even get a legitimate way of faxing pertinent documents to cancel my contract. They couldn't even guarantee me that they would EVER get my faxes until the BBB got involved. Funny, now I have the direct line to the office of the president to discuss issues, and a fax number where someone will be waiting for the fax when I call telling them I'm sending it later today. Get BBB involved with theses crooks. They lie, steal, and cheat you in just about every way they can from what little I've seen.

• Ly
    lynn Jul 17, 2008

• Valerie Jul 18, 2008

T-Mobile took $2017 out of my checking account instead of the $110 when I did a phone check. After three weeks I have still not received my refund check. I have spoken to 14 customer service reps. I have been promised three times that T-mobile would return my phone calls. Nada! No one will give me a phone number or an email address I can use to speak with someone "higher up". Now customer service has blocked my calls to them. HELP! The first call promised me my money in 5-7 business days, then a week later I was told I needed to fax them an official statement from my bank showing the check had cleared. I did this as soon as I was told. Now over 3 weeks later "it is still under investigation because it is such a large amount". Well, duh!! It's my money and I want it back. Any ideas would be helpful. They hung up on my lawyer and have not responded to his letters.

• St
    Stephen Jul 24, 2008

T-Mobile's service itself is fine. I have had nearly flawless service, with only a few dropped calls, and those are either while traveling in the middle of nowhere, or out in remote training locations. The customer service is fine so long as your problem is easily defined and fits into their standard procedures. However, if your problem is not standard, the weakness of the customer service section rapidly becomes apparent.

This all started about two months ago when I signed up for T-Mobile and before I came down on orders for Iraq. Unfortunately, T-Mobile botched the initial bank draft that I had set up to pay the bill. When I attempted to call them and fix the issue, T-Mobile's system literally hung up on me. It took them three weeks to acknowledge that I had been hung up on, and then was told, "We shut down from 10:00PM to 3:00AM." No apology, and after more than a month still no explanation for being hung up on 9:00AM.

This inability to admit fault should have been a strong indicator of the lack of professionalism that was to follow.

With access by phone inexplicably blocked, I decided to send an email to T-Mobile through its password protected My T-Mobile site. After providing the password, phone number, billing address, etc, the customer service section refused to do anything unless I verified my identity. Unfortunately, the information they wanted was my Social Security Number (SSN), and they wanted me to send it over an unsecure email.

Hold on a second here, the SSN that provided for a credit check somehow became the default password for my account? It somehow became the default password for the account without my knowledge or permission?

When I objected to using my SSN as a password, T-Mobile responded with, "When contacting customer care via e-mail you are required to provide your full billing name 10 digit mobile number and SSN ... We are unable to make any exceptions to this as this is an FCC mandated policy" (Alana L, T-Mobile CS Supervisor)

Unfortunately for T-Mobile, I was not unaware of actual FCC requirements about the safeguarding of information.

1. The FCC requirement involved is that a company take 'reasonable' steps to avoid pretexting, or having someone call up and pretend to be you so they can get your phone records.

2. The FCC actually has a specific admonishment to avoid using SSN as a password in any circumstance.

3. The FCC lists several approved methods for ID verification to avoid pretexting, and none of these approved methods involve the electronic or public transmission of sensitive information.

Please bear in mind that a phished email containing the 'required' information listed by Alana not only easily allows pretexting at will; it will also make stealing your ID extremely easy.

After almost a month of fruitlessly pointing this out, I finally reached George, the CS manager. His first response was, "Gee, I'd love to help you, but you haven't given us your SSN so I really have no idea if it is you or not." Please remember, this is the manager, the guy that sets the tone, and after a month this was the level of professionalism and maturity that any customer will face. In route to him, there were several CS Reps who were so rude and combative that I literally had to ask that they not be allowed to communicate with me ever again.

George's final response to my concerns before disappearing was, "Well, you'll just have to trust us then, as we have your best interests in mind."

Exposing yourself to ID theft just before deploying into a war zone is a good idea? Allowing a corporation to set sensitive information without a customers knowledge or permission as a public password is a good idea? Ignoring FCC approved ID verification methods in order to force me to use an unapproved method is somehow in my best interests?

After George disappeared, a complaint to the Better Business Bureau brought me in contact with Mrs. Masters for the Executive Customer Service Section. Mrs. Masters attempted to explain that verifying my ID was important, and even went so far as to acknowledge that sending information via an unencrypted email was a bad idea. Nevertheless, she wanted to me to go to a T-Mobile store with a valid photo ID, no problem so far, but would then have to whisper my SSN in order to prove I really was the person in the government issued photo ID.

After attempting to point out that the FCC explicitly states that photo ID is the sole means for ID verification in person, Mrs. Masters also simply shut down. Not only was their no explanation as to why my SSN had become my password without my permission or knowledge, but access to my password protected account was blocked, preventing me from even being able to pay my bills. That a password met the requirement for ID verification was ignored. T-Mobile refused repeated requests to restore my access until I gave them my SSN again (apparently by shouting it in public).

All the offers to verify my ID through several different FCC ID approved methods were ignored. The BBB unfortunately cannot bind anyone to agreement, and complaints to the FCC were literally ignored.

When I tried to have a military attorney explain the situation, T-Mobile literally imploded. The CS department completely shut down. As my normal billing method was now blocked, several inquiries about alternate methods were met with demands that I write their legal department by mail for a response. I literally had to call with a lawyer present before they would discuss alternate billing methods. Even when I secured an alternate method for payment, when I attempted to use that method I was met with yet another diatribe demanding that I give them my SSN. Only threats from a lawyer finally allowed me to pay my bill and prevent T-Mobile from using my credit rating as a weapon against me.

Again, the methods T-Mobile uses to verify ID are not supported by the FCC. There is a lack of regulatory understanding and enforcement, as well as a complete lack of understanding and acknowledgment about very real threats from fishing and other ID scams. Under these circumstances, can a customer refuse to use their SSN as a password? Wouldn't it seem reasonable to just use an alternate method that does not expose consumers to ID theft and is approved by the FCC? One would think so, but clearly not T-Mobile.

The only progress I have made in this endeavor is that the CS department no longer claims that sending SSN information is an FCC requirement. I just have to do it. A worse example of corporate incompetence and abuse I cannot find.

• Valerie Jul 24, 2008

I've received several spam text messages in the past week and have called T-Mobile to complain & request the charges be removed - they charge .15 per INCOMING message whether you want it or not.

They refused to reverse the charges & told me my only option was to block all text messages completely before they would consider a refund. That is not a viable option but they refused to work with me to come to a reasonable solution. It's another example of cell phone companies ripping off customers since there is no way to reject an incoming message - you pay whether you want to receive a message or not.

Who let them get away with charging customers for RECEIVING text messages with no way to prevent it? It's outrageous.

• Su
    susan Jul 24, 2008

I have a friend that currently works in T-Mobiles customer care department... He tells me on a daily basis how many people curse at him for something that he can not control You people must understand that the people you talk to over the phone does not make the decisions they jsut enforce them...I personally have tmobile and I have had them for 10 years I know if I go over I dont need to ask for any credit because the rep will say no! Tmobile is a company not your best friend they are out to make money I personally used to work for verizon and verizon hsa so many customers because they fling money @ people for no good reason ! I was encouraged to give money to get people off of my phone...T-Mobile does not make the phones Samsung, Motorola and do on in a perfect world no phone would break if that was the case then there would be no warranties...I tell you tmobile is way better than verizon! Sprint or any other comany because of price! more minutes less money now if people would just unglue their phone from their ear the bill would not be so high! Just my opinion!

Calvin W. Jul 27, 2008

is this the first cell phone you have had? All the companies charge for recieving SMS. A calls just to make you aware tmobile does not screen SMS so they have no way of knowing if is spam. Also what is considered spam. There is no way of filtering out SMS based on weather you know the person or not all the carriers operate this way if you want SMS pay the five bucks for four hndred or block them. That simple stop whnig or go to AT&T get raped and far less service

Calvin W. Jul 30, 2008

ha ha this I find actually hilarious. This is true for like your email provider or cable guy. The FCC them selves have setup a guideline for the wireless industry that until an account holder other wise sets up a alternate form of verification the last four of the SSN is to be used. This goes for all wireless companies in the US. I don't know what good email a photo I'd would do since they can't see you. By that is just my common sense kicking in I guesse. You ahold know that you are getting g orders to be shipped out or have advance notice before leave and it it on you to setup arrangements if nessicary to check somethig while deployed. I am tired of hearing this just as an xcuse. I am an army vet of the Iraqi war, I know that it is hectic but no excuse for ignorance. Good day to you sir.

• Sh
    Shaf Aug 14, 2008

It is very sad the way T-mobile-USA provides services to their customers. I have been with T-mobile for the last 5 yrs with 4 lines. Their customer services (which includes- regular representative, cancellation & sells dept, Blackberry or PDA dept), aren’t truthful & honest with the customers. They tell you one thing and make notes in their computer for the record another thing. I don’t know if this is the way T-mobile-USA instruct their employees. I wish their services include online chatting, so that’s way you could have everything on the record. And no one can’t lies or make up the stories against each other, it is also good for the customers & T-mobile representatives, it is legal for court of laws. I wish them in near future for their honest & truthful services. Remember, “Honesty is the best policy”.

• Valerie Sep 11, 2008

My family has been using T-mobile for almost 2 years now. After the first year, we were able to add another line to our plan, but we had to place one of our daughters on a pre-paid flex plan with them under the promise that we'd be able to convert her sim/phone to our plan after 6 months. Initially, T-Mobile CS seemed to be fine, however the two new phones we purchased were denied for the $50.00 rebate.

We were told that we could switch the flex pay plan at any time, since it is a pre-pay, and so we decided to go with a cheaper plan and add unlimited text messaging. I called at almost the end of the billing cycle, I needed to pay the bill and I wanted to switch the plan...I was on the phone for hours being switched back and forth between departments and then finally given to a rep who said it was no problem, they could switch the plan and add the unlimited texting; but to call back the day after my daughter's billing month ended (5 days later) to add the texting.

So, I called on the fifth day, spoke to another rep who said that their system would not allow them to do it at that time, but they would personally call me back the next day because it should be ok to do it then. I waited and no one called the next day, so I called back and spoke to a third person who said that since the billing cycle had been started over, I would now have to wait another month to add the unlimited text messaging. I was furious, but the rep kept insisting that it was the system. So, a month later I called back to add the unlimited texting and was told no problem, but I would need to pay for two months upfront...this was not told to me when I had spoken to the person a month earlier. I paid for the two months, and added the unlimited texting after some of the most frustrating customer service dealings.

Fast forward to 5 months later. I called to have my daughter's prepaid phone switched over to be added to our plan and was told that it was not a problem, that they could get the info from the Sim card and it would be all set after 24 hours. We waited, and 48 hours later, still no service on her phone. I called back and spoke to someone else, and she said she didn't know why, but that she would set it up again and that it really shouldn't take more than 24 hours to get her phone switched over. Another 2 days go by, and still no service, so I called back and spoke to yet another rep and this time I was told that the "system" would not allow a change from the flex pay plan to our family plan. I was livid, because I had already been told that it wasn't an issue and here she is telling me that we had to buy another phone and Sim card because their "system" would not allow for this change, even though it's a T-mobile pre-paid plan that was costing almost half as much a month as our family plan, and we were promised when we initially signed up that it wouldn't be a problem! If it wasn't for the fact that they would charge us $200 per line to break the contract, (which we still have another year on) I would switch to another carrier. T-Mobile has the most horrible customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Please, please, please, always get the name/ number of whomever you speak with. Keep copies of all documents. BBB does not have a favorable rating for T-Mobile.

• Valerie Sep 19, 2008

MY daughter went to Ohio to work for the summer. She bought Tmobile phones so we could keep in contact. I'm unable to work been waiting on disability. We have no income coming in now. Tmobile told her she had a rebate of fifty dollars on each phone. She applied, we cut the information right off the box and sent it with the rebate papers we filled in. Didn't want any mishaps. Yet they told us the IMEI number was wrong. I was told how to get it off the phone itself, so I did and sent that number and was told it was wrong. It was what was on the box and on the phone how could it be wrong? Smells like a scam to me and it sticks to high heaven. I think this is a rip off. Anyone else been through this?

• Ga
    Gary Stone Oct 01, 2008

I purchased a new phone from t mobile store on 7-14-08 battery was defective took it back on second day. manager said I couldn't exchange because I had no receipt and refused to look at my account to verify purchase even though salesman was standing right there and knew me. Had to go through warrenty repair and got refurbished one to replace a week old phone. The problem was the battery drained after 2-3 hours not being used. It did not work either, dead battery so after 3 weeks i got a brand new one. After all that battery was still going down in hours. After I spoke to a friend he suggested my DSL modem might be draining it due to the WIFII. I spoke to CS about that and they said possibly and they were going to send me one of their modems free and shoulod get in 2-3 days. This was on August 1st. I canceled my service on August 19, 2017 and still no modem. I called to cancel modem and on 22nd of August I received 2 modems by UPS both sent out the day i canceled. I went whole month no phone and now they are charging me for modem. I refused shipment from UPS so I never got one. cancellation fee and even last month of service which I did not have. I cannot get an itemized bill; from them telling me what I am getting charged for.
    I was with t-mobile for 6 YEARS only to be treated like this. I can get no response from them about the bill I owe which i will be glad to pay one I know I am getting a fair bill.

• Em