Suntrust BanksStealing my money

T Aug 29, 2021

To who this may concern:

I opened my account with Suntrust back in 10/2020 for my business The Pretty Parlor, LLC. Well about 2 months ago I got a P.O Box at my local post office because my business address doesn't have a physical mailbox. I actually forgot to contact Suntrust to make them aware of my Post Box. Well anyway, on 08/13/2021, a customer service rep assisted me with making an online deposit. The check amount was for $8, 280. By the following Tuesday, I found out my account was frozen and in the process of being closed. I called day after day trying to figure out what's going on. As always the reps gives you the run around. Well I think it was Thursday 08/26/2021, I spoke with an exceptional representative by the name of Latisha Williams. She informed me that was account was closing because the address on the check wasn't on my account. Okay! So where is the communication, why didn't the Loss Prevention department or someone contact me to inquire instead of closing my account down. And to top it off they had a note on the deposit that state, " confidential source states check will not be paid". Well on 08/24/2021 it was paid!!! Well anyways, the rep placed me on hold an contacted the Loss Prevention department. The rep she spoke with told her that I need to take the following items into the branch to prove this address belongs to me and some document saying the check was for my business(absurd), id, post office documentation and social security card. So I traveled over 1 hour to get to the nearest Suntrust with a Covid 19 sicken child in my backseat! Yes my daughter has Covid!!! I provide the documents to the branch, she called the lost prevention department and sent the info to the lady. The rep told her that the account is still closing but they will send me a check within 10-15 business days.

Well I called Suntrust to verify they received my documents. Now they saying they can't accept one of them. Talking about I need the check stub that has company name and check number. Really? The check was cleared. I verified my address with the documentation form the post office.

This is ridiculous! I provided all of the documents I was originally told to now they is telling me it's not enough!

The check was paid, the name of the check is my business name The Pretty Parlor, LLC, with my address P.O Box 118 Chadbourn NC 28431. I verified my address. Why won't y'all release my funds? This is stealing?

I'm a single mother! This is my income from my rental properties, I have $26 to my name How am I supposed to live if y'all thieves won't give me my money? I use to work with BB&T and this is definitely not how they do business. They acquired y'all bank and I'm sure they will do away with y'all thieving practices.

My daughter and I will be homeless next month. The sad part is they closed my account with verifying if this was my address. I'm over it! Something has to be done about this. You can't get any help at Suntrust at all!!! No one seems to know anything at all!

I don't want the account, keep it closed send me my money. And o by the way, when I originally checked my account balance it was $8, 300. Well when I just checked today it's -$9million. Are you kidding? Lord please help all of these customers that Suntrust has done this to. How are we supposed to live, when y'all will not give us our money! God please be with everyone that is in desperate need of the money that Suntrust has stolen from us. I pray that God works this out for all of us!

• Mi
    Michelle Beauvais Jan 21, 2022

They held onto over $3 grand of my escrow money for over 2 months, keep lying and saying the sent it, and it may take 30 days to get to me. WHAAA? No way. When I finally get MY MONEY, they short changed me over two hundred dollars. Now I have to waste another 20 hours of my time to fight for my money. WE need a get a class action lawsuit together!

• Sh
    Shaherah Dec 05, 2021

Wow I'm going through the same thing is they any one we can talk to how about the vice president how can we contact them???

The Pretty Parlor, LLC Dec 05, 2021

@Shaherah I have yet to find someone that can help us out! It’s sad. I’m short that your going through this. I so haven’t received my money.

The Pretty Parlor, LLC Dec 05, 2021

@The Pretty Parlor, LLC Typo : sorry

• Vi
    vickibauwens Sep 04, 2021

I disputed 4 charges on my personal checking account and did not use my account until a month later when my retirement benefit was direct deposited. The disputed charges had caused my account to be overdrawn and I'd filed a claim and faxed requested documentation. Resolution error terms and conditions state that an investigation can take up to 45 days however they will credit your account with the disputed funds. Suntrust NEVER did this and took my limited income retirement benefit amount to off set the negative balance. Now my insurance ACH payment went through overdrawing my account again and causing me a payment arrangement for my car to not be honored. Calls to Customer Service and documentation are in vain. They want more. Worst bank and customer service I've ever experienced and they don't care what you face losing. They just read their script.

The Pretty Parlor, LLC Sep 04, 2021

@vickibauwens They are pathetic! Yes, they are the absolute worse bank in the world. My account balance was $8300 well since they don’t want to release my funds they now have my account balance at -$10 million. The customer service reps are scripted they sounds like record players. One rep told me she receive calls almost everyday where Suntrust has pretty much screwed over their clients. I don’t understand how their banking policies are legal.

Comment Guidelines