Subwaynot accepting subway coupons

R

A friend and myself went to a Subway located at 10383 Hwy 12, Orange Texas 77632. I started my order for me and my husband, my friend also made his sandwich selection. While I was starting to select the vegetables for my sandwich my friend went to the register to pay he handed over the coupons. The young lady asked another employee if they were talking any coupons, the second young lady said that her boss told he not to except any Subway coupons. We received these coupons in the on September 20, 2017 with an expiration date of 11/02/17, one was Get any footlong for $6 the other one was Get any 2 footlongs for $10 after 4 pm. Can someone please explain to me how a franchise store representing Subway corporation denie to except corporate discounts in the form of coupons?

• Ne
    Need new business Sep 25, 2017

I think "wine is good" needs another drink. I am old enough to have enough sense to know that a business cannot keep refusing coupons for this franchise and stay open when the customers keep getting coupons in the mail for this business.

• Va
    VanTech Aug 01, 2020

Old post, but there's a fiasco going on in our small town with the only Subway not accepting recently mailed coupons. In your response to your question. "Do you even know WHY franchise stores do not take corporate coupons? I am guessing you do not. " - The Reason is because the Franchise owner is cheap and stingy, cutting costs to maximize profit, understandable, BUT, what else do they cut on costs, so if a Subway Franchisee doesn't have to accept coupons, then do they even have to use the same quality of meat products for the sandwiches they make?, do they use a lower quality of meat and vegetables, than mainstream Subways? what about the Soda is it watered down more?

• Ne
    Need new business Sep 22, 2017

I live in a very small town in a Kentucky. I received a coupon booklet in the mail from Subway, my family stopped by this local Subway thinking these coupons would be honored since this is the only Subway in 30 miles. The sales person started to take our order and there was a hand made sign on the window..that they did not take paper coupons. I preceded to ask her if she meant the coupons I had in my hand and she said yes, they were privately owned and they didn't accept them. My family turned and walked out. This is in my opinion very bad business and there are other restaurants that would love my business.