Having problems with Steers?

Steers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2007. The latest review Mix it up meal was posted on Sep 2, 2021. The latest complaint lies was resolved on Oct 25, 2019. Steers has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 324 reviews. Steers has resolved 10 complaints.

Steers Customer Service Contacts

57 Strand Street, Western Cape
Cape Town
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Steers Customer Service. Initial Steers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Steers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Steers. Discuss the issues you have had with Steers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Steers Complaints & Reviews, Page 13

Steer Engen Garage Shaka Marine Durbanbuying food but given food nor my money because the shift changed

I bought food, was given a slip, when I come back, the is shift change, the people or staff i bought from is gone home, and didn't give instruction the New staff to give me my foods, slip is here with that see it's valid, but must get food from the people I bought from and they gone home, I can't get my food, I can't get cash back, must leave with their slip and go and eat it, unprofessional, worst processes ever, they took my money, but no food, because the shift changed, date 10.01.2018, Durban Engen garage Dshaka Marine, I fell stupid and people looking at me as if it is something wrong, and it staff and bad process, i give up steets tjooo,

Steers — peace of steel in my food

I bought a burger and chips at Steers kolonade and discovered a piece of steel in between my chips. What wa...

Pretoria

Steerssteers baywest

To whom it may concern

On arrival at your steers baywest branch we waited for the costumers in front of us. They only got half of there order. I did not mind that but the staff weren't very helpful and the people ended up walking a way with half of there order.

I ordered a king steers burger. Made sure everything was there. The chips were disgusting it was made in old oil. I left it cause I did not want my husband to make a scene. When I started the burger the putty was not beef at all. It was a 2 pink things that tasted like rubber. If they ran out of beef they could have at least tell me. I have never been this disappointed and disgusted. I think I am put off for life.

We buy steers regularly at walker drive. Never have their food been so terrible. And staff always friendly and helpful. Baywest they don't even greet you.

Steerschips

Order #74
      Die Boord store
      Date ordered: 06/12/2017
      Time of order: 12:54
      Invoice: # 544664

The chips ordered tasted like it was fried in vegetable oil that had been used a few days before, even the color is off, it doesn't have the golden look instead it is a dark brown. The store lacks in taking pride for good quality food so that the expense is low but profit high, it tasted absolutely gross. Please have someone check out how they operate as this is totally unacceptable.

Steersnot receiving delivery after online payment.

I ordered on the app at Steers Menlo Park Pretoriea at 20:08 and after waiting for more than 2hours the delivery guy asked if he could still deliver the call was at 22:24. My order was a Bacon and Cheese burger which was a total of R69.90 and I paid online. I am very dissapointed in the service. The delivery guy who phoned was rude and did not apologise for any inconvenience jist asked if he should still bring it and as I was upset for waiting for more than 2hours and I said no I've been waiting. By the time I would have received the food it would have been stale and ice cold. He dropped the call while I was still talking. I would really like an explanation and my money back. I never received my food.

Louis-Mari Coetzee
        [protected]

Steersstaff member lindiwe ignoring customers and assisting others first st the petroport n12 south - witbank

Ok so we stopped off at steers petroport N12. Wanted to get take aways as we always do when we pass there. There were 2 cashiers assisting so 2 rows formed then the cashier on my left disappeared.. .. no stress probably tea break! As it was my turn to be served Lindiwe my soon to be cashier calls the lady next to me to serve her (nevermind she even got there after me... you got cameras check it. Date 2 December 2017 about 8.50am) now in a country where there is a constant battle between races I suggest Lindiwe gets some training or an attitude adjustment I for one does not get affected by such ignorance but working with the public myself realise that behavior like that could easily of led to another Spur incident and it is so not necessary. God bless and good luck

Steersyour cape gate staff on monday night

Im very disappointed on monday night I wanted to order for me and my family meals and Ice creams but your Cape gate staff had a excuse she clearly said no she cant help us because she was busy cleaning the Ice cream machine but just after that she served someone else a Ice cream I dont want to make.
            You must get your staff in order. Its very unpleaseant to wait for nothing.

• Updated by Riekie-lee · Nov 30, 2017

Im very disappointed tonight I wanted to order for me and my family meals and Ice creams but your Cape gate staff had a excuse she clearly said no she cant help us because she was busy cleaning the Ice cream machine but just after that she served someone else a Ice cream I dont want to make it a race thing but it seems to me it was she help the other customer with a smile and served her. It was most of the unpleasend expieriences and pathetic service in my life. This is very bad for your reputation as i will not order again. We were forced to order somehere else.
                Get you staff in order. They are unfriendly.

Steers — product

29 November 2017 at Steers Bromhof Randburg - we wanted Wacky Weds. We were told only chicken was left. Then...

Steersdelivery times

I just feel like i have to bring it to your attention, it is the 3rd timw ordering food from steers at the Boksburg Square, and receive only after hours, i ordered again today at 6pm and still haven't received after a 1hour and a half, this is so unaccetable, my previous order was delivered at 10pm after the store was even close, what else must i do i did not receive a phone call or anything after i logged my complain. kindly see attachment

delivery times

Steersbad service and hygiene

I placed my online order @9:02 pm only to an hours later..I specifically asked that my kingsteer have no onions but that was ignored. We couldnt eat the bottom halves of our rolls as they were rock hard and hey had placed the sauce sachets directly under my burger, that is unhygienic as these are handle with bare hands, I dont know how steers expects me to eat such.UNACCEPTABLE

bad service and hygiene
                bad service and hygiene

Steersonline order and customer call centre agent dissatisfaction

I ordered an online order (111522) at 18:03 for the Brackencity which has not arrived at 19:06 as yet.
                  When phoning the call center I was told that deliveries will take 1.5hrs and when I asked if the food will be cold I was told yes and that the call center agent "didn't know what to say" and very quickly without further explanation cut the call.
                  How can you expect clients to pay upfront for food online but then they should just shut up and accept bad service and cold food!
                  It's ridiculous and the fact that you have rude and ill trained call center agents just makes the experience of dealing with Steers that much more frustrating.

Steers — caramel fudge super swirl

We stopped at the Steers at the ultra city in Queenstown. I just want to bring this under your attention a...

Queenstown

Steersfood and service

On the 17/11/2017 I ordered food by calling steers briardene Chris hani road the cashier couldn't know how to find my number on their system as a regular customer so she called another person to listen to my call because she can't hear me, i placed my order then the driver arrived after an hour, obviously the food was so cold and my chicken was something else

Steerspoor service

On 15/11/2017 we ordered via your app to Steers at Washington post, we placed our order at 18:30 and eventually received our burgers 20:15
                      and off course they where ice cold. The drivers reason "o i forgot to put petrol in my scooter and got stuck 1km from our house" He then said he had to walk back from Falcon Ridge to Washington post to get petrol.

• Pi
                          Pierre Botes Mar 07, 2018

Ordered the steers wacky wednesday meal. Waited in store 45 minutes for the burgers. When i got my order the burgers were badly made and they left out the cheese and the mustard sauce aswell as the mayo. When i complained the cashier took my burgers to the back and added a small dot of mayo and handed it back to me. Wtf. I will never again buy from such a [censor] place.

Steerspoor service at steers heidleberg petroport

On 3 November, I was driving through Heidleberg and ordered a large spicy chips but was given a Mexican hot sauce instead of the usual spicy salt. Also the lady forgot to ring up my coffee and then sent me to Mugg & Bean to buy my coffee. They rang up a tea and then realised they don't serve tea and didn't serve the tea. On request we were given a coffee instead. My Dad does not drink coffee so I complained so they once again sent us to Mugg &Bean. Service was slow and incompetent

Steersunprofessional service and food

On the 01/11/2017 ar 16:45 I Sharleen Lucock ordered on Line 4 Wakkie Wednesdays, 4 large chips and 4 Milkshakes (2 x strawberry and 2 x chocolate).

I received my items 30 minutes after ordering.

My complaint is when your scooter driver arrived.

1) He placed the bag with the food on the bonnet of my car. (This is unprofessional)

2) The milkshakes had all spilled out into his box at the back of his scooter and the milkshakes where not thick like I had instucted.

3) When I asked the driver to please take the milkshakes back and replace them he decided to take everything including the food back, which is not what I had instructed.

4) I then told him i would pay for the food and when he returned with the shakes I would then pay for them.

5) The driver for some reason just could not understand this instruction I had suggested and gave him the total of R307, 20 which I had to pay.

6) He contacted the branch where i spoke to the manager there, who also for some reason couldn't understand that I would pay now for the food and for the shakes when they were returned.

The driver kept calling the store as if he had no idea of what he was doing. The worst part about this whole incident was that 2 of my clients arrived who witnessed this whole episode. This driver caused my clients to have to wait for me for 20 minutes until this issue was resolved my myself.

Eventually I got it through to the driver about the payment and once the transaction was completed he informs me that there is no signal. And wanted to do the transaction again so I stopped him as I know that the funds had been deducted from my account. When I took the card machine the message on the screen was not NO SIGNAL but NO SLIPS available.

I am sorry but this driver was totally incompetent in his job and it looks like he has no training what-so-ever in customer relations.

I am very sorry but this service I have received from the Steers Brackenfell staff is totally unprofessional and I seriously think that this matter needs to be addressed.

The other complaint I have was that our burger patties were burnt and very unpleasant to consume but as I had not done shopping for food we had to eat this unpleasant meals.

I sincerely hope this matter will be dealt with.

Thanking you
                          Sharleen Lucock
                          [protected]

Steerswaited for ice cream 20 minutes and still never got it.

Visited the Steers Diner on 01/11/2017 at 21:35 was served by the cashier Thola at 21:41. Requested 4 cone ice creams was told by Thola no cones available will have to get a cup. I paid for the ice creams and stood aside, I waited 20 minutes and then got really annoyed as customers who ordered food got their orders and I am still waiting for ice cream. I asked for the manager who was Richard. He looked like he just got up from a deep sleep. I asked for a refund because I was still ignored after 20 minutes. What further infuriated me is that a black gentleman walked in and asked for 2 cone ice creams and guess what he got the 2 ice creams immediately with the cones and I was told no cones available. Absolutely angry with the pathetic service from this Steers Diner. Steers is a huge franchise and I'm sure customer service and satisfaction is absolutely important. I would highly appreciate your urgent response to this complaint because I truly feel I was disadvantaged as a customer.

Steers — wet wipes

I am at steers ultra shell in Klerksdorp. I just bought myself a meal. I then requested a wet wipe but...

Klerksdorp

Steers — weekly wednesday

Hi. I was at montclair steers and I left without my order. I waited for an hour and those guys they spend...

Steerssteers ormonde

hello
                              i placed an order at 12:40 on 10/25/2017 its 3:32 and i have not received my order the ormonde branch refuses to help me and the driver is absolutely rude and still wont deliver my food.
                              the driver and ormonde branch refuses to take responsability and has the nerve to say i must pay and a delivery charge aswell are they sick? i am highly irratated and annoyed