Having problems with State Farm?

1855 733 7333 (Customer Service)
1800 782 8332 (Customer Service)
+1 888 559 1922 (Technical Issues)
+1 877 627 5757 (Emergency Road Service)
+1 800 440 0998 (Insurance Payments)
+1 877 734 2265 (State Farm Bank Accounts)
+1 877 734 8472 (Credit Cards)
+1 800 447 4930 (Mutual Funds Accounts)
One State Farm Plaza
Bloomington, Illinois
Canada, Mailing Address
333 First Commerce Drive, Aurora, ON L4G 8A4

Complaints & Reviews

non-pay

WELL, MY NIECE WAS SITTING AT A YEILD SIGN AT A CORNER AND THIS GUY COMES FAST AROUND THE CORNER AND SWIPES THE SIDE OF THE CAR AND LEAVES (WINTER MONTHS IN IOWA ARE SLICK). SHE GOT THE LICENSE PLATE NUMBERS AND CALLED THE POLICE SHE IS 16. THIS OLDER GUY A FATHER OF HER CLASS MATE WAS QUESTIONED AND PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY THE POLICE BUT CONTINUED THE DENY HE WAS THERE? THE GUY FAUGHT THE TICKETS IN TRAFFIC COURT AND LOST; MY NIECE TESTIFIED FOR THE POLICE. HE IS INSURED BY STATE FARM AND EVEN THOUGH HE WAS FOUND GUILTY IN COURT BUT CONTINUES TO TELL STATE FARM IT WAS NOT HIM THEY WON'T PAY. HOW DUMB DOES THIS SOUND FOR STATE FARM!!! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO YOU, KNOW THESE INSURANCES TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT JUST TRY TO COLLECT! WHAT DID THIS TEACH MY NIECE, LIE CHEAT AND IGNORE THE LAW; AND FINISH FIRST SHAME ON YOU STATE FARM. YOUR SONG SHOULD BE LIKE BAD NEIGHBOR STATE FARM WILL STIFF YOU!!!

JACKIE HENSLEY Feb 20, 2008

WE HAVE INSURANCE WITH STATE FARM NOW FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS. WHEN WE TOOK OUT ARE ARRIGINAL POLICEY WITH THEM WE ASK FOR RENTAL INSURANCE BE ADDED TO OUR FULL COVERAGE. WE ASKED THEM SEVERAL TIMES AT THE AGENTS OFFICE. WE HAD HAD A BAD EXPEREINCE WITH ANOTHER COMPANY REGARDING THIS SAME ISSUE BEFORE SO WE WHERE ADMINT THAT IT BE ADDED. NOW 2 AND A HALF YEARS LATER WHEN WE ARE NEEDING THAT COVERAGE BECAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT THEY ARE CLAIMING THAT IT WAS NEVER ON OUR POLICEY. THEY ARE GIVING US THE RUN AROUND TELLING US THAT ARE INVESTIGATING THE ISSUE. HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A CAR SINCE MONDAY AND THEY CLAIM THAT THEY WILL HAVE AN ANSWER THE LATEST ON MONDAY THE 25 OF FEBUARY OF 2017. HOWEVER MY CAR IS DONE OUT OF THE SHOP ON THAT THURSDAY.

• St
    Steve Aug 28, 2008

My car was hit when parked. Bumper ripped off and quarter plate damaged. State Farm wants only to pay for less than half of the bumper repair. I provided estimate to put back the damaged bumper and they don't want to pay that either since it is higher than a new bumper. The reasoning is that the bumper already had a dent. They do not want to pay for rent a car (one week) that I had. Let's get together a file a unified complaint we should not let these guys push us around anymore. They take our money but when we need them they refuse to do their duty.

Thanks,
    Steve.

• Pa
    Paul Chandler Feb 24, 2009

Had State Farm insurance for 30 years with no problems. Had it in Arkansas, Oklahoma and now Louisiana. And by the way State Farm in Louisiana is $200 higher per car, per year for the exact same coverage. But now I have changed to another company. After 30 years with State Farm I moved to Louisiana and got an agent that could not bill me, call me or even mail me . My insurance got cancelled with-out me knowing and now State Farm will not insure Me because my insurance got cancelled even though it was their fault! So now I get to pay the fine to the D.M.V. while getting all this fixed. State Farm says I can get coverage after 6 months, No Thanks, I'll pass !!!

• Be
    beth Florida Oct 12, 2009

Always an excuse - to excuse them from ethical response.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

State Farm sends out a renewal bill with your ID Cards. They also send you a cancellation notice. The agent would be putting himself at risk for a liability lawsuit if he tries to send you an agent created letter. The bottom line is, you didn't pay your bill. Quit trying to blame everyone else but yourself. Take responsibility you deadbeat!

• Ro
    ronvic5761 Jul 01, 2010

APPRAISSER-Kevin Valentine -triler expert

while on my way to a job i had rough road hazards and front of trailer
    pin box broke and almost caused bad accident.state farm declined supplement work after repair shop found more damage after it was took apart.Kevin Valentine, apprassier, out of little rock ar. area.became overnight trailer expert and says it was triler default.i
    have been with s.f. for over 20 years and this is how you get treated.
    i am in process of looking in to another insurance co. they are big joke.especially, kevin valentine

• St
    State farm insurance corp office Jul 23, 2010

Attention edward rust jr.

I have been with your company for 16 years. I moved to ft myers last year and switched branches to bradley nash. I have had nothing but problems. One of your employees ken was only supposed to cancel insurance on a truck my husband and i sold but he canceled and susupended payment on both of our vehicles.

I didnt know i was driving around with out insurance as i have everthing taken out automatically and didnt notice any changes. This branch had my phone number and new home address yet didnt contact me.

My plate expires in 2 weeks and i cant renew without insurance, please help your employees at that branch didnt even give me your corporate # i cany get insurance anywhere else because of what he did. I was very low risk and he put me at high risk.

This is an awful mess as i have never had a ticket or been in an accident.
    Please contact me asap. Lisa a davidson 239 - 313 - 0997. Ft myers fl.

Edward rust jr.

Please call me asap about an urgent legal matter regarding one of your ft. Myers branches (Bradley nash) where and employee illegally canceled my insuance as well as susupending my payment!

I have been with your company for 16 years and have never had a problem until i transfered to that branch from another. I requested my husbands truck only to be taken off as it sold not both.

Lisa a davidson 239 - 313 - 0997 thanks you.

• Tr
    Triggr May 16, 2011

My AGent Scott Dawson is a real piece of work, does not return calls, slow in processing insurance and is flat lazy. The Adjuster if that is what sh is called Summer Winegardner is also a piece of wotrk, does not keep appointments and subscribes to the Insurance policy of Deny and delay. Last year State Farm earned from us as customers 46 billion dollars..

• Me
    menaremice1 Jul 05, 2011

This year in Ohio there have been many horrific storms doing much damage to a lot of peoples personal property's. I filed a claim clear back in April and I am still trying to get my money for the damage to my home, we were out of power for 27 hrs and we are farmers and had 100's of pounds of meat in our freezer. I had to call someone to come and hale all the meat and debris from the storm, that alone cost me $255.00. I have never filed a insurance claim in my life so I didn't know I should have taken picture of everything, I don't have a camera, I could just about died. Now they are asking me the same questions over and over and over and over and I keep giving them the same answers. I am so tired of state farm, they are crooks and obviously don't want to pay for my damages. I am going to finish this nightmare and then I am going to switch insurance company's

state farm insurance suspending license?

Thanksgiving day i had went to grab my car and park it in front of my apartment figuring this would be an...

fired for working to much

I worked for this company for 10years. Was a very dedicated employee and did a good job for them. I was given...

abandonment

Gentlemen, So let me get this straight. As an insurance provider you want to sell your products, service...

loan to agent

On or about September 20th 2007 I loaned My State Farm Agent, Rita-Estep Wendell, $25, 000.00 wilth a promise of repayment by spring of 2008 as of December 2008 I have recieved approx. $1, 600.00 in payments from this individual, Please advise as to the course of action needed to collect this debt.

• Sl
    Slaarwalhz Dec 31, 2008

Sue her in court. Take her to court.

The Rat Pack Apr 25, 2009

Why would you loan money to her? To begin this has nothing to do with State Farm Insurance but rather an individual person.

thetruth1709 Feb 11, 2011

Course of action - don't ever loan a lot of money to anyone for any reason...
    Are you really complaining about this under "state farm"?

putting burden of proof of damage back on me

On October 15, 2008 I was traveling North Bound. A buck ran across 2 south bound lanes, a 4 lane grassy median, and then over the left passing lane in front of my car and hit the right front and side. I was apx 1/2 mile from the exit. So I proceeded to get to a safe place. I pulled over to an Auto Collision place and my car made horrific sounds and dumped the entire cooling system onto their lot as it overheated. I have been hit by deer before, but nothing like this. You could not open the hood to my car and my car looked horrible there in the dark of the night. There is a huge whining sound and steam coming from all over. I have to have my husband come pick me up. I call the place where my car died at and leave a vm because they are closed that evening. I also call my insurance company and they give me a claim number and advise that this place is State Farm approved. Now mind you I still have the car keys. The next morning I call the place where my car died at... and they believe the car is repairable, but that I arrange to have a rental car. I repeatedly called the collision repair place asking about my engine because the radiator was squashed and pushed up hard and the fact that my coolant dumped all over their parking lot, also the fact that the engine sounded horrible before the car stopped there in there lot. That estimate did not move even after they supposedly checked my engine. I also kept asking are you sure my car is not totaled? And repeatedly no. Mind you I never spoke to my adjuster.. he or she never called. Something did not sound right... Estimate $5365.00 and that did not cover what State Farm would have to pay for Car Rental. My car is a 2003 Pontiac Vibe with almost 91, 808 miles. It made no sense that they did not total car. But I did not want to be difficult. They were to fix my car in 11 days.. I received my car back on October 31st. I had to pick it up after work. Collision place not open on weekends and close anywhere from 5-5:30. I was not even sure until later my work day that the car was complete. They hid the keys so that I could pickup the car. I dropped off my rental keys in their drop box. Immediately when I got the car there were issues. I had no left turn signal, no horn, battery light kept blinking on and off, hub cap had huge hole in it, hazzard lights did not work, the lights mis-aligned, speckled plastic in the headlight that they replaced. I took the car for a drive the next day in the daylight to see if I could discover anything else wrong. I left a voicemail with my Insurance Agent and also with the collision repair. That if they could not fix the obvious then how was I to have faith in any engine repairs.. and that I was driving a compromised vehicle and that I worried for my safety. They relayed the information to the claims office which in turn they stated that the claims adjuster would look into. Also that I could not take off work the next week because I had off site spec. gas training for work. But I did take it in on Tuesday, November 10th. They gave me a rental car for the day.. and I thought they went over the things that my husband to had called in such as the alignment and how the car drove. They fixed some of the items I mentioned not he speckled headlight.. but it seemed that they worked better so I gave that a pass. The battery light would still flicker on and off from time to time.. but figured it was what the collision place said.. paint on the wires and that I could take it back. I only drive to work and back, I was taking Italian and go to the gym.. but I do that on my way home from work. So no extra mileage. I did complain on the decrease in my gas mileage from 31 down to 23mpg. And stated something about the white smoke from exhaust. It was so cold I thought with the new radiator that this was just the car working itself. On December 4th I had to drive to Philadelphia to pick up my sister and husband from the Airport for she was visiting for the weekend. I had to return her on December 7th back to the airport in Philadelphia my car ran funny, but did not overheat or anything. I did not go to work on December 8th. I went to work on Tuesday, December 9th. I noticed straight away I had no heat in my car. It was 23 degrees that day... I froze all the way to work. My engine light flickered on just as I got to work. I immediately called my insurance and they had me call my claims office. I told them I had no heater and this was supposedly entirely replaced along with my radiator and cooling system. I also advised again of the decrease in mileage, white smoke... etc. In the interim my husband called the Collision place and they proceeded to say that the no heat was not related to the repair work they had done but that they would look at it WHAT? You replace the entire heating/cooling and radiator .. and it is not your workmanship? Anyway the insurance claims office called me back to tell me to bring my car into the collision shop the following day. Also that the adjuster would call. I received no call yet again. Well guess what on the way home... at the same exact spot that buck hit me ... my car totally lost power (like someone pulled the keys out of the ignition). My engine seized and I hardly made it on the shoulder. There was no overheating... there was no engine indicator light. Car would not start again. We waited for Triple AAA to tow us off the road because car was in a compromising position... towed it to the Collision Repair because they were to check it out anyway. I called that night from the side of the road to the claims adjuster place and filled them in. The following morning I had my girlfriend bring me to work and had the rental place drive me a rental car. The auto collision place advised that they were authorized to look at it and approved for the car rental. I called the Claims office again to advise that after googling on the internet that it sounded like a head gasket .. and this can happen if losing all coolant and if when replacing that the entire system was not pressurized and or mixed right. The collision repair place called stating that they needed it to be put on a diagnostic and that they could send it to their mechanic or if I wanted to .. I could send to mine .. and it would be authorized to be checked by State Farm. Again no call from this adjuster which we kept being told that we would be called by. I said I rather my mechanic. (I am not going to have buddies cover up one another's workmanship). I was initially told that the adjuster would of gone down to collision place when they got the car back this 3rd time. But later it was implied he/she was not. So I contacted my place to say the car was going to be going down there. Mind you when I had no heat I had asked to the insurance claim place, that I was thinking about having 2nd opinions on the work on my car. Then again told that when it was at my mechanic shop that the adjuster would be there. Anyway it came back that it must be the timing chain.. that from the collision place before went to my mechanic.. and I feel that my auto mechanic was not told about all that happened to my car from accident etc. So he initially thought the same. Which with the phone calls me and my husband had with the original dealer of my car and another car dealership said it would not happen with my car the liters etc. That there was no way it was the timing chain. When it was initially told to us by the insurance claims and Auto collision that timing chain my husband was on the phone stating this is not our wear and tear.. because that is what they kept trying to tell us. I did not believe it was the timing chain. It did not fit. But they degraded us.. gave us no respect and told us basically tough it was out cost. No matter what the other dealers were telling us.. they were not paying and it is what it is. We then asked for a more accurate estimate then just more than $1000.00 for the timing chain.. and so our mechanic started looking .. and he called us and stated he was sorry .. with the information he was given and the strong arming of the adjuster he thought it was the timing chain.. but he could not see totally at time.. but now he can see that it was not the timing chain what so ever. And that he knew that it was the gasket. So again we went back to the claims each and every time asking to speak to this ghost adjuster with no name or phone number. We figured that he/she was upsidedown because the estimate for the repairs should of had the car totaled from the get go. So my car needs an entire engine.. my mechanic can get an engine for apx 1500 and that does not include the mechanic hours. We tell the insurance company it is not the timing belt.. and they say it was our responsibility to authorize a complete rip down of the engine and that was the only way to determine if head gasket and then that would not prove it was from accident or repair. To rip down is apx 4 hours.. and at $65/hour and that is not back together etc. We have paid our $500.00 deductible... 10% of car rental. Loss of work, loss of my class, loss of me going to the gym.. etc. Our Mechanic has stated that our adjuster is not a nice person.. and has implied that no way are they going to admit to their error and will find a way out of paying. My question is this... they never looked at the engine initially from the accident.. the gasket probably was damaged from the dumping of the coolant when the collision happened. They are arguing that in 2 months time that I put on miles and that my car would of overheated and that I would have noticed. Only time car overheated in a visual sense was when I hit the dear and car initially died. With all the wiring problems is it not conceivable that I had no indicator that I had a problem with engine. I have people that can document that my car was not overheating. Also, per my sisters husband who is a repair shop advisor in Colorado.. stated that many times during an entire radiator heating/cooling replacement.. thermostats and sensors are cut by accident or not connected .. therefore making the engine run cold... and not indicating any overheating. I have had this car since it was brand new... my mechanic states my car was always in great condition mechanically. None of this makes sense... When I spoke to this Jennifer from Claims office she keeps implying I drove while overheating and it is my burden to even try to prove it. Also this claims office has told my husband that I must drive the car hard to have made this happened. He laughed.. because I drive the speed limit.. and was very anal when I first got the car back in the first place. I have no speeding tickets since I was 20 something... I have been with State Farm from the early 90's something like 92 give or take. My homeowners insurance is with State Farm.. I am not some swindler. So I called my Insurance rep.. I pled my case. They had the owner call me. I told him as much as I could recollect in Cliff notes. He called to see... he suggested having the shop check for leaks in radiator could of been a defect in radiator.. and if so then it would be the radiator company. I cannot speak for him.. but he did try to find out what they thought my car was worth to have the initial estimate over $5000. I also advised that 2 dealerships could not understand why the car was not totaled with that extensive of an estimate. My rep is giving me respect and hearing me out .. and trying to help on his end. He has given me the feeling that he is uneasy about what has happened to me. But of course he cannot say. I love this office.. they have always been good... but State Farm Claims and their adjusters... are covering up for a job that should of never been done. So in turn they are making me take the lumps. All this transpiring over the holidays of Thanksgiving, and the Christmas Holidays. There Claims adjusters yelling at us.. and telling us any fairtale ie.. timing chain.. etc.. telling me that my car was overheating...and that I drive hard. Telling me that no way was the collision shop wrong.. because they did everything right in pressurizing and mixing the coolant... because the collision place said so... HUH.. the same collision shop that gave me my car back with obvious things not working that I could see... but to take the word on the things unseen that they did right. Please. Now, I have no car.. it is in a shop.. If I proceed with the work... then what... my husband complained of the car pulling before the hub cap replacement.. and again after.. so on this last trip they say well you have scrapes in the new hub... yes but that did not make my car pull.. it was happening before... They said I must of ran into a curb hard... again with my driving. I have a nice driving record. They keep trying to make me sound like Mario Andretti on the highway. Just because they were upsidedown from the get go. My insurance rep could not find out from the adjuster what they felt my car was worth just prior to the accident. No numbers.. ... Anyway.. I am filing with the PA State Insurance Commission and/or take to court. My husband was told that the Insurance Adjusters Supervisor has been handling our case for a while... but still no name.. still no call... just some customer service in between people.. I have spoken to so many people.. people reading scripts on findings from computer screen. Letters in CAPS like shouting at me. But no Adjuster.. have begged .. but nothing. No car... borrowing a friends. Tough around my schedule and Holidays. Happy Holidays to those of you at State Farm. It is always the hard and honest worker that has been paying premiums for those that are dishonest... sad is that it will come back and bite you in the bum when you knowingly are wronging your customers. Lynn Bangor, Pennsylvania

poor reimbursment

I have insured my mobile home for 1 year and also have had vehicle insurance since I got a drivers liscence which was bout 10yrs ago. I pay almost 4000 yr for my auto and home. I placed the first claim to State Farm Sept. 15, 2017 after Hurricane Ike ripped through my nieghbor hood and destroyed peoples homes and belongings; today is the Nov. 10, 2017 and i have just now heard that they will not pay me what it will take to repai my house but they will charge me money for the depreciated value of my home and that should balance out what they would pay me. So therefor this other insurance called Foremost funded a close friend that had very similiar damage 4x's the amount of what State Farm payed me and got his house fixed. To sum it up I switched insurance to Foremost and will never ever use State Farm again and please do the same to save yourself a headache and nithmare if you ever need them. Thanks for reading

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

The only reason State Farm would pay Actual Cash Value for your home is because your policy stipulated that. I have an endorsement on my mobile home that provides for Replacement Cost Value. You must pay extra for this coverage. It is not automatic.

• Ka
    karen allen Apr 24, 2011

Hi my name is karen e allen, i have had several complaints at this store state farm several times, a couple months i went to this company tells me they can't give me insurance in less i show my car repairs, it was no problem i brought it in, and my money order so they wrote my policy up i walk out that same dayso they tell me my proofs will be mailed out in two weeks i never received them, so the next month they takes out 366.00 out my bank account and turned and cancell my policy for no reason at all, i ask why they told me i had to come bak in the office to re-show my repairs, i didnt have the time i already going to school and back and forth to my doctors appt, i thought they is the insurance agent suppose to take care of everything, so it took them almost three weeks to say they wanted to renew my policy, i couldn't believe this so they renewed it, two weeks ago, i decided to cancell this policy cause i have went through so much with this company, and the guy i spoke to he tells me, they was going to send out a payment slip over the phone, he lied to me and tun around and took 384.00 out my bank account, i don't know what kind of place they operating out but they making the company looking real bad i was on my way to go to fox 2 news, i found me a cheaper car insurance and i need my whole refund back, can someone call me back immediately, thank you

• In
    Indinmom Jul 06, 2011

As with any contract you enter both sides must uphold their responsibility. When you go into any insurance office and bind coverage you agree that for a time date and price a promised service will be provided. Temp. Proof of insurance cards are printed in most insurance offices the same day and your nice pretty laminated one are mailed two weeks later. The only reason the company would have asked for proof of repair is if you had a salvage title to your car, or if it was in a wreck. The company is going to protect it's self and only insure a quality book of business. For the amount of money you are saying you were charged it appears to be a 6months premium. If you did not provide the needed documentation to the office within 30days of binding the application it will be canceled for lack of documentation. The refund for the 1st policy was more than not in the mail when the second application was taken and an additional payment taken. I have found that if all parties take the time to sit down and discuss the procedures payments and policy coverage it will solve many problems.

• De
    DebbiT Jun 09, 2015

I have received letters, emails, and phone calls from your company. I inquired about your company 2 years ago and was told that you would not insure me because I had 1 claim!(in 15 years). Please leave me alone. I do tell everyone think your company is awful. Please take me off your list. So like a good neighbor leave me alone.

ed rust, ed. rust. [protected]@statefarm.com (their ceo) & vanessa ennis

STAY AWAY FROM STATE FARM. THEY ARE RICO VIOLATORS. CONTACT THEIR CEO ED RUST WITH ALL CLAIM ISSUES. ed. rust.[protected]@statefarm.com

callous & uncaring

I was hit at a stop sign on a country road. The driver smacked into me and totaled my car. When we exchanged...

state farm will not cover my sewer pipe break

I am writing this in the hopes that someone out there could help me, or lead me in the right direction. I...

negligence and unprofessionalism

On 3/23/08 a theft occurred. My 2002 Chevy Tahoe was stolen from my residence 1401 Santo Antonio Dr.Colton...

will not pay claims

Like others I have had State Farm refuse to cover losses. I had insurance with them for more than five year...

they canceled a retired agent and sent a form letter

I've been a State Farm Client for 50 years without break. I was a State Farm employee for 5 years then a State Farm agent for 29 years. State Farm has announced they are cancelling my condo policy and sent me an impersonal form letter with many mistakes in it. Most of my fellow retired State Farm associates have dropped State Farm for better companies. I was always pro-State Farm, but find they are too Rusted (president is Ed Rust Jr, who couldn't hold his father's pants up) for business. They have done most everything they could to irritate clients, screw the public and raise premiums. I am totally disgusted with State Farm, my former high mark company.

• Sc
    ScrewedbyStateFARM Sep 27, 2008

Sept 2008, the giant storm that swept across the US left a giant tree on my house. State farm took my claim, gave me a claim number, offered to pay for hotel for my family, and then when i accepted the offer, they said they had cancelled me in July. Well that was news to me! While fighting with them and going over every piece of correspondance from them, I realized that not only were they full of crap and couldn't prove anything they said, but also that I had been paying a whole bunch of money to insure a TOTAL STRANGER'S VEHICLE on my auto policy too!!!
    Once faced with these inconceivable mistakes, they not only DIDNT offer me a refund, but continued to try to NOT pay my homeowner's claim. I fought bitterly with them while my walls were exposed to the elements and my wires were ripped down..up until the day their executive manager of the region only apologized for the customer service rep giving me a claim number!!
    Once I called the number for the US Dept of Insurance, and told them the situation..I miraculously got a call from their underwriting department (who was previously very hostile) offering to "reinstate" my policy and take care of my claim.
    Guess it takes an investigator from the NATIONAL government on their ### to get them to do the very most basic thing...pay for the damage that I paid them to cover. Isn't that what "insurance" means?? I am still, however, waiting for this to actually HAPPEN. In the meantime, we had to find someone on our own to clear away the debree and nail some wood over the open holes in my house and roof.
    Can't wait to see what stupid things they say next.

• Ga
    Gary M123 Oct 29, 2009

I thought they were a good company also, UNTIL they cancelled my policy on a rental. They said I had not sent in pictures of the water heater and electrical panel. This was the first I knew that wanted the pictures. The idiots also sent a cancelation letter to my mortgage provider!

Wpayton5599 Apr 01, 2010

Gary...blame your agent. They are notified by the company when pictures are required, and they are supposed to make an appointment with you to take them.

• 4s
    4 shame Jun 02, 2011

Try calling state farm on a claim it is laughable!

• 4s
    4 shame Jun 02, 2011

I have had State Farm Insurance for over 30 years! I am firing them. They are so disorganized they can not answer the phone, or answer a question! I am not referring to the agents I am referring to the damn claims departments that are hundreds of miles away. I am certain that not one person in that place is EVER held accountable for their work. On top of that the same "central" location will mail out 10 letters to you on the same day and they swear they are a "green" company. Puhleeze!

• In
    insSavvy Dec 10, 2012

When you purchase a policy, you are setting up a contract for the company to insure you. The reason that a payment MUST be taken, even before the policy is underwritten, is because as of that moment, you are insured. Once an agent BINDS coverage, that's it. If you made a mistake and set up insurance, while staying with your current company, then that falls on you. An insurance company can't give you free insurance while you make up your mind. Next time, make sure you make an informed decision.
    Now, to correct the issue. You should have been able to show State Farm proof of insurance, so that they could have given you a full refund once the policy was issued.

kept part of insurance premiums at time of cancellation

was accepted by state farm as a auto insurance holder. I called and cancelled the policy as I found it cheaper with another carrier but, they fail to refund the entire amount. They said I received a packet of information that explained this to me "(if you cancel your policy within the first 6 months, you lose part of the refund.)" An agent came to my home and completed the application and never provided me with the information. Approximately 2 weeks later, I received the information packet in the mail. I would like to get my money back and see that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Sincerely,

Rose Huff
445 Coatney Mountain Road
Frenchburg, KY 40322
[protected] home
[protected] cell

• Ag
    againsttheodds Sep 19, 2011

I too have State Farm Auto insurance for many many years. Just recently they increased my rates and I was pissed. When I visited the local office of my agent to ask them why they couldn't give me a reason? Im over the age of 50 with no tickets or accidents. What really pissed me off was when they could not give me an answer why my rates were increased. Least to say I gave them a piece of my mind and told them I was taking my business elsewhere.

deception and fraud!

Agent Tonya Turner office called me with the intent of signing me up for a credit card but wouldn't reveal their true intentions. They just said I could get free state farm dollars and she needed my Ok. She gave me a number to call which was a verification service. I didn't give them any information and told them I wasn't signing up for anything. I spoke with the Agent again who asked my why I didn't call the number she gave me and I told her I was not signing up for anything and the verification service told me she was really trying to sign me up for a credit card. I told her in no uncertain terms that I did not want any credit card from her or anyone else. Weeks later I get a letter congratulating me on my new credit card.

Did she call the verification service claiming to be me and signed me up? She signed me up in any event. I called my agent and she didn't believe me. I told her I didn't give her office employee any personal information. I asked her what kind of questions would she have asked me and Tonya said she needed to know how much money I made. I told her I don't give that to no one. She said of course then she asked me how much money I made.

I told her I wanted to switch agents and I gave her an agent name. She lied saying that agent is a very good friend and is not taking any new people. Then I told her I had already called that office and they were glad to accept me.

Tonya Turner and her office has lied to me, signed me up for a credit card I never authorized, and continues to try to sway me from the services I request.

The credit card was done via fraud. The agent is dishonest and untrustworthy.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

This is definitely not the way most State Farm agents behave. You have every right to switch agents. You can send a request letter to State Farm directly to do this!

agent, claims adjuster, claim center tm #14 and fraud division

I have been with State Farm Insurance for over 13 years and had little problems until I hit a small log on...

I want this company exposed!

I was involved in a three car accident, not at fault. I was standing still inside a parking lot exit waiting...

no rental car provided

My car was parked in a parking lot- one of there insured hit my car in the side -my car has a dent in the door-Its still drivable-it has a dent in the door. State Farm wants to total my car -make me get a salvage title- it has a dent in the door-because my car is a1991 Chevy Corisa- because its an older car -I need my car to go to work-never married-have no children - I need my car-why can't they send me a check to get the dent in the door fixed-instead of making me go through all this unnecessary crap. They won't give me a rental car while the dent is being fixed-it's like I'm being punished and I didn't do anything. It's my car. Why and how can they do this to people- I don't have insurance with them and it's like nobody will help me. Please help me.

• Pa
    Patricia Smith Apr 04, 2008

STATE FARM SHOULD HAVE THEIR LISCENCE REVOKED!!!

I have paid auto and home insurance with State Farm for over 25 years. Had very few claims.The first time I get hit in the rear end sitting at a stop light and was injured badly. Of coarse, they refuse to pay for my medical bills. The car that hit me was also insured with State Farm.
    I am expected to pay or sue them myself for the injuries I have incured from that accident. I have had to have a disk fused in my neck because of the accident, over $50, 000 dollars in Dr. bills, if I lose it will cost me about $10, 000 out of my pocket if I take it to court and lose, or over $50, 000 out of my pocket.
    This is absolutly unacceptable that this insurance company won't pay my bills. I have been left with a 25% disability besides them not not paying my hospital and Dr. bills. There should be laws against them that cost them if they don't cover the person insured when it is not their fault.

Jovial Jack Jul 06, 2008

Note to Linda S. Jolly ...

The first thing that you have to do is call a Salvage Yard, and ask them if they have a door that will match your Make and Model car. On a Liability Policy, the company has the option of Repairs or Replacement up to the ACV of the vehicle. If the salvage door is less than the "Total Loss" ... you don't need to get a salvage title. You just buy the door. Then have some body shop hang it on the car. It might need some paint on that door to match the rest of the car. Door, plus labor, plus paint is the extent of your claim.

That should not be a total loss, unless the door pillar, roof panel, or rocker panel under the door, is buckled. If you have any other old damage on the car that you never got fixed, those amounts get subtracted from the Book Value of the car.

Imagine having a $10 bill in your hand, and burning it with a match. That's a TOTAL LOSS, and you don't get Car Rentals to go to the bank, or to work, to get another $10 bill.

Jovial Jack Jul 06, 2008

Note to Patricia Smith ...

If you have a Police Report that says you were stopped at the traffic light ... for a period of time ... and the other car hit you in the rear ... it's an open and shut case for any Jury. You'll win.
    The hospital records, and doctors bills are what counts. You need to CONSULT with an attorney and see what he says. No attorney will be charging you anything to file suit in your case; he will take a fee if he wins. If he loses, he eats those costs. Read the Yellow Pages where attorneys say just exactly that.

Marie Feb 20, 2009

I can't believe what I am reading I am also with state farm auto insurance and I have my daughter signed up under my auto insurance and she has full coverage with them and they also are doing her wrong she was in an accident last Jan 08 and they didnot offer us really any info and she has a lot of neck and back pain and the co.would not finish paying for the physical theraphy because the driver of this delivery service did not have insurance so now my daughter has a bill with the physical theraphy office that she was going to and they did not tell her that she had a limited time that she could be going to the theraphy dr. I do believe that my Daughter and I will be looking for a NEW INSURANCE CO.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

Your own insurance company is not responsible for your injuries unless the other's driver does not have adequate liability insurance. You should have a coverage called uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If you do not have this, your policy won't pay.

thetruth1709 Feb 11, 2011

Everyone's grammer has me wondering if there is a lot more to these stories...

• Se
    Serio_usly? Dec 30, 2011

Here's a novel idea...send your medical bills to your MEDICAL insurance and not your AUTO insurance..

bait and switch!

My daughter got her license a year a go , and got herself a car. For the first 6 months we kept her under...

hit and run

My car was hit in June 2006 while it was parked in front of my house. I woke up early and heard a loud noise and did not see anything - oh if I only knew. The truth is State Farm will not pay me a dime because the car was taken without permison and they will not pay up!!! It took them months and months to tell me nothing. I had to keep calling them to get an answer voice mail is all I got. I am still upset as my car sits there smashed and won't run, it was such a good car b4 it got hit. I will never ever use State Farm for anything at all the rest of my life.

• Wi
    Willy Mar 30, 2007

I hate State Farm!!!

Dawn Marie Amos ...

Your complaint doesn't make sense. If it was parked in front of your house, what's all this about its being taken without your permission?

If you are saying that the other car was taken without the owner's permission, the one that hit your car, then the Driver is 100% liable for hitting your car, with or without insurance.

You seem to be saying that State Farm insures the owner of the car that hit you. You seem to be saying that you don't have collision coverage on yours, or Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage.

See what the Claim Limit is in Small Claims Court, and file suit against the Driver and the vehicle Owner. Ask State Farm for a copy of the Statement that they took from the Driver and Owner.
    Get a copy of the Police Report for the Court. Get an estimate on the damages to your car.

Wpayton5599 Apr 01, 2010

It is universal among insurance companies that provide coverage for permissive use, that any driver must have permission!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices