Old Republic Home Protection Logo

Old Republic Home Protection

Having problems with Old Republic Home Protection?

Old Republic Home Protection Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 972 5985 (Request Service)
+1 800 445 6999 (Renew Your Home Warranty)
+1 877 579 4559 (Contractor Relations)
P.O. Box 5017
San Ramon, California
United States - 94583-0917

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Old Republic Home Protection Customer Service. Initial Old Republic Home Protection complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Old Republic Home Protection above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Old Republic Home Protection. Discuss the issues you have had with Old Republic Home Protection and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 09, 2020

Old Republic Home Protection — Home warranty

I chose an upgraded warranty that included swimming pool coverage when I purchased my new home. I started...

Old Republic Home Protection — bad business practices

This company only had 2 providers in my area and eventually I was told that I would have to locate my own...

Old Republic Home Protection — denied services

I found out that this company is fake. they r only sell words not services. all their contractors are...

Old Republic Surety — rep was strange and asked to pay the full sum immediately

My father signed the contract with the company Old Republic Surety. He told me that he would accept the...

Old Republic — service, warranty

have had nothing but problems with Old Republic Home Warranty company, which is recommended by realtors when...

Old Republic Home Warranty / Old Republic Home Protection Company — scam company and liars

Between the date I closed on my house, and the date I actually moved in, a week later, my controller board...

Old Republic Home Warranty — service denied

On September 16, 2014: My husband called Old republic home protection to buy a home warranty. In Previou...

Old Republic Home Warranty — useless entity

This company boast of all the assistance it provides to home owners and buyers. However, their coverage will...

Old Republic Home Warrenty — does not pay claims

Old Republic Home Protection does not pay on there claims. I had a working A/C when I bought the property and...

Old Republic Home WarrantyWon't replace, just repair, repair and repair

I have a heater that quit working. Old Republic Home Warranty has sent a technician out 4 times now and the unit is still not working!! The temperature has been in the 30's. In addition, there was NO HEAT over the entire Thanksgiving weekend while having a housefull of company!!! The heating specialist has been out 4 times now. He's examined the unit completely, checked the ducting, looked at thermostats, etc. In one of the visits, he replace the electronic ignition unit. In another of the 4 visits he replaced a nother major component. The technician is now recommending a new unit, but Old Republic Home Warranty wants him to go out again to take another look! For what???? All this requires time off from a new job. I feel like I'm just getting the runaround. I called Old Republic Home Warranty this morning and was told "well, we're not JUST going to replace it..." How many more hoops need to be jumped through? I had another home warranty company before and the responded quickly and appropriately to when my A/C unit quit on a 100 degree plus day. I won't name them, yet, but I'm wondering if I should go back to them.

• De
      Desert Guy Dec 01, 2010

I sent a lengthy email about 8 hours ago, prior to posting my comment on this site. I have yet to hear from anyone - not even the courtesy of a response.

• Or
      ORHP Dec 01, 2010

Can you please send an email with your Plan number (or property address) and contact information to [email protected] so we can review your service request and determine the best way to get it resolved? Thanks.

Old Republic — home warranty

We called old republic to come out and fix a broken ice maker. They reported that ice makers are not covered...

Old Republic Home Warranty — they wont replace anything!

I have been dealing with these half wit people for going on 4 years for the same problem. I have major issue...

Old Republic Home Warrantyunsatisfying experience

I would never recommend or extend my service with Old Republic Home Warranty. The contractors they send out do not know what they are doing

and alot of time is spent on unnecessary phone calls and checking on their

service. I had an issue that took 3 months to be resolved and is still ongoing. One would think that a home warranty company was a benefit...

not if you use Old Republic Home Warranty. The service is a 2 in my opinion

and I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company. I hope that this helps others that are thinking about getting a plan; do not consider this company.

• Xa
        Xadon Sep 15, 2010

This is a Chop Shop. They just want your money and do not want to do any service. I had a problem with AC's thermostat. I called them guys came after 2 days replace the thermostat. After a week new thermostat stop working. I replaced battery try everything did not work. I called them tech called and scheduled to come next day. But some reason thermostat did not work whole day but start working in night. When guy came it was working I told him whole story. He said it is working can not do anything. I have paid them trade fee twice and still has issue with thermostat.

Old Republic Home Protectionrefusing to honor warranty

I had a non-functional toilet which constantly backs-up. The toilet is covered under the warranty but Old Republic would rather send a plumber out every time it backs-up rather than to replace the toilet. The contractor has 48 hrs. before they have to respond, yet old republic wants me to go without a toilet again and again rather than to have a customer that is happy with their service! Please do not use this company and save yourself some time, aggravation and money!

• Me
          Meliss Jones Jun 26, 2011

The evaporative coil (specifically covered by my policy) on my AC failed. In order to replace an evaporative coil, it is usual and necessary to effect modifications to the plenum, copper, and drains, in order to make everything fit back together again.

Old Republic has agreed to pay for replacement of the coil, rightly assessing me a $60 co-pay . . . BUT then insists I must pay $375 for the needed modification of the plenum, $150 for copper and drain adjustment, $75 for freon recovery, AND pay $150 to dispose of the evaporative coil (insult to injury!).

Folks, that's $810 out of my pocket to replace a covered part on a covered AC unit. Old Republic's Home Protection provides a policy worth just what you think it is.

Old Republic Home Warrantyovercharged

Last Sept our seller bought us a home warranty when we purchased their home. The end of August we noticed that several vents in our home had no air coming from them so we called Old Republic Home Warranty Co. They were great in sending out a contractor although we had to pay the 55.00 service fee; he found nothing wrong with the air conditioner but stated the duct work needed to be checked. Another call to Old Republic resulted in another company coming out. Their idea of checking the duct work was putting their hand over the vents. (No Kidding!) This contractor said the system we have is to small for the house. He recommended a new system be installed. We have lived here for almost a year with no problems; however Old Republic considers this a UPGRADE and will not honor their contract. We recently contacted another contractor on our own who indeed said the system is going out and needs to be replaced. What really caught our eye was the fact his bid was $1, 000 cheaper for a larger unit!

This happened during the 100 degree plus weather we are looking at having to pay almost $5, 000 and Old Republic won't even pay the max of $1, 500. Any help would be greatly appreciated - it would be nice just to spread the word that their is a lot of fine print in these contracts and you realize just how little they really do cover. Just do a search on Goggle!!

Old Republicdeceit

OLD REPUBLIC is a Homeowners Insurance policy that the realtors push sellers into buying, they are suppose to cover repairs on household problems after the sale, , , dishwashers, water heater, inside plumbing Air conditioning ETC< our ac went out over the weekend, we called old republic to it report request repairs, , , , , , they sent someone out that is an unknown most likely the cheapest contractor they could find, , , the guy comes out, messes with the outside unit, , loosens the valves, lets the steam out/ probably freon, , , , , , , , , tells us the compressor is out, , , they'll have to get an ok from OP, , OP calls me the next morning and tells me that in addition to the $60 service fee, I will have to pay out another $200 for a total of $260!! I believe these fees to recapture the freon, , that the tech ran out, and disposal of the old compressor, , plus repiping, , this is the second problem I have had with OP the first a wall plug burned up, , i had to pay the $60 service fee, and the electrician might have spent 15 minutes in there! Bottom line is OLD REPUBLIC is one chicken ### sorry ### company!! Oh and did I mention we get to sit here for the next 3 to 4 days in the heat 103-106 degree and wait for the parts to come in, , , , , , , , It is much cheaper to make your seller to do the repairs prior to closing, , and tell your realtor to kiss your ### if they dont like it!

Old Republic Home Warranty — complaint unresolved by company

Please do not use old republic home warranty unless you like throwing money away! I'm a realtor and use to...

Old Republic Home Warrantypoor service

To whom it may concern,
            I hope my concern does not fall on deaf ears concerning the support I have received from your company, Old Republic. I have had nothing but a nightmare experience. Last Sunday my air conditioning broke and in record 105 degree temperature heat. I called your company as I have you for my home warranty that is due up in August of this year. The service call was accepted and even though the house was not livable during that time due to the heat was way to hot to not have air conditioning, the service company that your company choose could not service me until Tuesday (that’s fine even though it was not optimal), Tuesday rolls around (today), I took the time off from work as the service company scheduled to come out said between 1-4pm. They never showed up, they never called. I called back your service center after 4pm today and your representative couldn’t get in touch with them (busy signal he said). We eventually did by continually calling. They said they were just running late. 7pm rolls around, no call, no update and no show while we waited all day in a house that was unbelievably horrible to be in. I called back the office of this service center and no one answered as they were closed. I called your service company again to complain about the service I am receiving as it is now going on Wednesday and I still have a house that is not livable; I have taken a day off from work already to get blown off by a company that you guys choose to service our area. I talked to a supervisor at your company named Karen. She told me that she could just put in a new order or I can choose a service to come out and your company would reimburse me. Isn’t that what I paid you guys for? I can’t believe that your company cannot call for emergency service since I have been wronged and blown off to the point where I still have no air conditioning three days in. You guys were very gracious when you took my money, but not really willing to go out of your way to make things right when I get screwed though, huh? You guy choose this service center and yet your customers are getting screwed in the end.
            At this point you probably could care less, but I found it ironic that while I was waiting on hold in your call center for a supervisor for more than 20 minutes before Karen even showed up, that the message over and over talked about how you guys take pride in your customer service. I guess your just one of those companies that say it but don’t really practice it.
            I just felt to let you all know how your company is currently being run, and that I will be going back to American Home Shield where I never had such a problem. I figured I would type this email out while I sit here sweating in a house three days after I called you guys for help and still no where any closer to getting this resolved.
            Thor Biafore
            [protected]@hotmail.com
            [protected]

• Ka
                Kay K Jul 01, 2009

We are very sorry that the contractor missed his appointments and apologize for the inconvenience. Our contractor relations department is addressing this with the contractor and will take all appropriate actions necessary to ensure this does not happen again. Even in the middle of a heat wave, our expectations are the same as yours - commitments are to be kept.

One of our call center managers spoke with you this morning. I understand that you are happy with the solution and a new contractor is scheduled to be there today. If further assistance is needed, please contact us at [email protected]

Old Republic / Home Warranty — refuse to replace but wants to repair, repair, repair, repair!

February 28, 2008, I had a repair done to my refrigerator through Old Republics contractors. it is now March...