American Family Insurance Group Logo

American Family Insurance Group

Having problems with American Family Insurance Group?

+1 608 242 4100 (Report Claim Fraud)
6000 American Parkway
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Family Insurance Group.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 16, 2019

American Family Insurance Group — american family insurance

My vehicle was parked in a private parking stall while I was at work with my client .your unlicensed insured...

May 17, 2019

American Family Insurance Group — roof claim

I filed a claim after finding hail damage on my roof. I was told by the Adjuster that he would be here on May...

American Family Insurancehouse fire/they are refusing to pay full costs for contractor bids only to put the house back the way it was, not betterment.

House fire Jan. 13, 2018... Adjuster has become very combative and is refusing to pay the going rate/bid for my contractor's work. Example: Contractor is charging $6, 000 for a certain job. Adjuster says no, I will only pay $4, 000 for that job. Again, this is NOT betterment. He's doing this on more than one bill... I just want my house put back the way it was, and now it's going to be coming out of my pocket.

American Family Ins — Insurance coverage - What insurance Coverage?

My agent is Bob Pratner in Colorado front range area. What a snake! We flooded and had all kinds of other...

www.amfam.comCompletely unnecessary thing

I obtained the insurance from the company www.amfam.com. I was surprised that when I got the neck injury, the rep from the company was angry and told me that this insurance wouldn’t cover such injury. I was shocked and couldn’t believe in this crap. I asked this guy for what I have been paying all this time, but he started to diddle-daddle. Be aware that their insurances are total ### and useless things.

American Family Insurance Group — Manipulating the Value of Vehicles via AudaExplore

American Family Insurance's client crossed an entire lane and hit my 1996 Grand Marquis with 61, 000...

American family insurance, stacy phillips agency — unprofessional personnel

I have been a customer of AmFam for 20 + years. I recently went into the local office (Stacy Phillips agency...

American Family Insurance — Denial of Hail Insurance Claim

Date of Loss: 5/28/2012 Policy - American Family Insurance Type of Loss: Wind and/or Hail Date Contacted...

American Family InsuranceWe strongly recommend others look elsewhere as well

We had a huge ice storm in our small town, Carter Lake, Iowa several months ago. All the other homes have been repaired for weeks and months. Our Home Owners Association - the Shoal Pointe HOA- had contracted with American Family Insurance for insurance coverage. We are still fighting to get our claims fairly resolved. No one else in the entire community has experienced the reluctance and the delays, slow response and general difficulty we have had with American Family. Other companies have long since settled with home owners. Other homes are long since repaired. Months after the ice storm, our block still has broken windows, damaged garages, pocked siding, and broken decks.

Our HOA will NOT be using American Family Insurance again. We strongly recommend others look elsewhere as well.

American Family Insurance — They do not pay for roof damage ever

I am a Contractor, I have been roofing for 20+ years, and in that time I have replaced thousands of roof...

American Family Insurance — unwarranted rate increase

After beng a loyal customer to Am.Fam for nearly 20 years we (my wife and I) recieved a letter informing u...

American Family Insurance — Trying to avoid paying my claim

I wish to submit a complaint about American Family Insurance and will do so on other sites besides this one...

American Family Insurance Groupclaim adjustment disagreement

My complaint is with American Family Insurance adjuster, Steven W. Fejfar. On Jan. 19, 2011 I was backed up in the lane at West Walmart, in Sioux Falls, when I noticed a Black SUV that was parked diagonallly from me starting to back up. I honked my horn and proceeded to go forward as much as I could without hitting the rear of the car that was parked next to me to avoid the car coming at me. He didn't stop and hit my rear bumper and cracked it. The driver, a Mr. Terry Hunter, apologized and gave me his insurance info and said the adjuster would be in contact with me. I wanted to call police but he said we didn't have to since it was in a parking lot. (My mistake). The insurance adjuster, Steven W. Fejfar, called the next day and recorded me saying all this, only coming to the conclusion that American Family Insurance will not pay for anything. I am filing a complaint against this adjuster, who I believe had his mind made up from the beginning he was not going to pay anything. I believe because I was a woman driver I was discriminated against and since Mr Hunter had no damage to his car---they were just going to say both cars were backing up and neither saw the other. That is not what happened and I did not say that on the recording. I was well out in the driving lane and say him coming at me. I was not backing up when he was backing up. I was going forward trying to avoid him.

American Family Insurance — ignorant company

american family is terrible to deal with on accidents. i was a CLEARLY not at fault driver in a wreck with an...

American Family InsuranceFollow up

I was involved in an accident around mid October of 2010, after a few days I was asked to give my testimony on the accident. That was over a month, I have been unable to contact the agent assigned to my case, and have recently found out that I will not be able to until the beginning of next year. From what another representative told me, all of the required information concerning the accident has been submitted to their offices, but no one has done any work on it. At the very least I expected to receive a phone call with an update after 2 weeks, but it has been left onto me to call them in order to find out anything.

I am currently in the process of "trying" to contact the manager of the office, but it seems like I may end up having to visit their location. I wanted to get the damage fixed to my car before winter hit to avoid further damage, but the way things are going this may not be the case.

• Kh
              khloee13 Nov 26, 2010

it is true...if you were drunk or on drugs or had no license they will not cover your claim period. Not saying you were BUT if that is the case or you were found at fault they will not fix it

American Family InsuranceClaims

On 03/28/2010 My 2007 Sebring was stolen and wrecked front, back and side. The appraiser came out and wrote up the paperwork figuring that there was $8950.00 and it stated a TOTAL LOSS. He then drew a line across the total loss part and then asked what shop do I want it taken to. He said it was welll within the repairable limits. a few days later after the shop took the car apart they asked for him to come back out and take another look. This took him 4 days to get around to do.
            My rental car coverage ended 04/28/2010 and today is 05/08/2010 and my car still isn't repaired. There is a problem with the electrial system and the car has caught on fire twice after working on the airbag wiring harness.
            I thought that it couldn't get any worse untill I was reviewing the estimate and noticed that the appraiser inflated the value of my car by over $2000. by adding options that I didn't have. My car is listed on NADA and Kellys Blue book for about 9000.00 but by him falsly adding to the American Family estimating audatex that I had tinted windows, leather seats, MP3 player and much more, this jumped the value of my car to 13K. So they didnt have to total my car.
            I have complained said company with no help. They only have the appraiser call me back the next day with a line of BS.
            I just wish that they would have totaled my car and I could have been done with it, as it stands right now I am stuck paying $25.00 a day for a rental car because they wouldnt extend it.
            Please if anyone is thinking of changing to them... dont. You might have a nice agent but they arent the ones that you turn to when you really need help.

American Family InsuranceCreit Based Insurance Fees

Back in Feb, of 2008 my husband left me without a word one except to say I had till the end of April 08 to get out. No money, no job.. I couldn't pay my credit cards off . Believe me I tried.
              After he left, I asked my Amfam agent to lower my renters and car insurance as low as he could... ( I drive a 1993 Dodge since I bought it in 2006) Charlie stated I was already as low as I could go on BOTH.
              Through the months since, I have asked him on several occasions if I was missing any discounts or was there any way to lower it...( I am disabled and only get minimum Social Security payments) Of course he said no, I just accepted it, He's been my Agent for 25 years. Last summer (09) my insurance was raised to 588.00 for a 6 month term.. they said because of my credit report. I told them I had told Charlie all about the split & if he could lower my insurance, told them what he said, AND told them he said it would be cheaper to leave my ex on my policy as well as my old address in New Hope.
              AmFam told me if I itemize my credit report and put down what my illness/husband leaving did to each individual account, they "maybe" could lower it. I told them over & over that it affected all acounts and everything in my life!!!
              To make a long story short, after arguing with them for 3 months, I sent a letter to a state official who directed me to the right people to contact. When I emailed a copy of the letter to them and told them I was ( and did ) going to report them, my insurance was lowered from 588.00/6 months to 356.00/ 6 months. BUT, I have no doubt that will change also. My insurance rates have gone up every time there's a change in my household for the last 15 years.
              I just turned 55, no claims, no tickets... rip offs!

American Family Insurance — Failed to Pay Claim

American Family Insurance — Scam and cheating

I got a letter in the mail today American Family is canceling my homeowners insurance in January of 09. I am...

American Family InsuranceAwful experience

October 2007, car was totaled in accident. Took 6 weeks of phone tag to clear up the claim, but it got done due to some hard work from our agent. Our agent took the info on the new car, and updated the records and ordered new cards so plates and registration could be transferred.

Shortly afterward, our agent stopped dealing with AF. We called AF directly, emailed, and called again. 'Please send us the policy on the new car so we can transfer plates.' After the 1st of 2008, we contacted the original agent. Within a day, we had all the info we needed to set things straight, with another reliable company.

Finally, in March of 2008, I got a letter from an agent in another town 18 miles away. It was a nice intro letter, welcome and all that. We finally were sent new insurance cards... on the vehicle that was totaled. I contacted the agent in the letter... and left a voice mail... several in fact. Polite ones, like... please call me, I have a question about a policy?

A few weeks later, I got a collection letter from a AF for insurance due on... you guessed it... the totaled car that AF had somewhere in it's inventory of scrap cars. SO, I called them. They told me I had to prove the car was totaled... (huh? they have those records, don't they?) and I was obligated tom pay the insurance payments from January to June. They had sent out cards for that car, remember?

I had them put disputed in the claim and asked them to verify their own records.

• Wi
                    Witness Nov 15, 2008

I know someone who had full coverage insurance with American Family insurance. Their car was vandalized while sitting on a car repair shop's lot. The car repair shop did not have car insurance for their lot which is not required in the state of Missouri. When the owner of the car called the American Family Insurance to report that the car was involved in vandalism, the American Family claims adjuster failed and did not even bother to come out to the scene of the crime where the car was left sitting there on the parking lot of the car repair shop to photograph the car or view the surrounding area where the crime occurred.
                    That means, that they missed seeing the other cars in the parking lot that were also vandalized, the wooded fence and the wired fence that surrounded the lot and the other side of the car repair shop that was not fenced in.
                    Once American Family finally had the car was towed off of the lot where it was vandalized, and taken to another car repair shop for an estimate on the damages, American Family Insurance picked out just one thing to fix, and accused the owner of the car of having a collision that was not remembered and that is where the other damages came from in order to scam out of fixing all of the damages.

The only amount of money that American Family Insurance put out was less than $100.00. They also, hid the other damages from the car owner when speaking with the owner on the phone. Both American Family Insurance and the car repair shop told the owner that her car was ready and repaired ready to be picked up.
                    When the owner got there to pick the car up, only a portion of the damages were repaired while the other damages were left not repaired. Everyone in the American Family organization agreed to the first person, not anyone of them spoke up for the truth.
                    Scamming on their own clients...horrible insurance company they need to shut down...They did not even do a diagnostic test on the car after it was vandalized to determine all damages that occurred.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices