Spirit Airlinesunauthorised charge of $69.95 and no way to contact customer service

L Feb 01, 2019 Review updated:

My credit card was charged $69.95, I emailed twice to Spirit and called two different phone numbers without talking to a person. Spirit does not have a way to talk to customer service, the only replay I received in the email is a auto confirmation that they recieved my email. No solution, no way to cancel annual membership of that charge was for that. Spirit has by far the worst customer service. I would neverfly Spirit again!

RESOLVED

• Spirit Airlines's response · May 02, 2019

Hello,

A $69.95 charge indicates the renewal of our $9 FareClub Membership. As part of the terms and conditions, you agree that the membership is automatically renewed yearly, if not cancelled before the renewal date. https://www.spirit.com/StaticFareClubEnrollment.aspx

If you wish to cancel, you can submit a request via Spirit.com/help and one of our Guest Care Coordinators will be happy to assist.

Thank you for choosing Spirit!

• Do
    Donnadavis Nov 19, 2019

The same thing happened to us. We have even fighting with the credit card company, thinking someone had stolen our credit card numbers and made a fraudulent charge. We can’t get a live person at Spirit.

• Cl
    Claudette thompson Nov 07, 2019

The same thing happen to me! This is bad rep because I did not sign up for this !! Not a happy person right now. I was not happy when I flew with them and now this?

• Fr
    Fred from Virginia Oct 31, 2019

We are charged $69.95 on our current credit card for a Spirit club of some kind that we tried to(and thought we did) cancel 3 years ago (the last time we flew with Spirit). The charge is on a new credit card we did not even own 3 years ago.
    There is no way to talk to a Spirit person to cancel such bogus charges.
    We are being scammed!

• Wo
    Woody Driggs Sr. Apr 10, 2019

The same thing happened to me. Apparently this $69.95 is some kind of renewal fee that I never signed for. I am being helped by Bank of America. They gave me this mailing address:
    Attention Free Spirit Customer Service
    2800 Executive Way
    Miramar, Florida 33025

I will write to them to see what happens. This the worst customer care I have seen.

• Wo
    Woody Driggs Sr. Apr 10, 2019

@Woody Driggs Sr. The same thing happened to me.