Having problems with Spirit Airlines?

Spirit Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 15, 2007. The latest review Falsely marketed “elevated cleaning process to address covid pandemic” was posted on Apr 8, 2021. The latest complaint unauthorised charge of $69.95 and no way to contact customer service was resolved on Feb 01, 2019. Spirit Airlines has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 237 reviews. Spirit Airlines has resolved 52 complaints.

Spirit Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 006 1111 (Mexico)
+1 954 447 8010 (United States)
+1 801 401 2222 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 800 772 7117 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 954 698 0125 (Spirit Vacations)
+504 94 520 238 (Honduras)
+505 22 781 149 (Nicaragua)
+506 40 329 449 (Costa Rica)
+502 22 920 828 (Guatemala)
+507 836 7701 (Panama)
+503 21 130 326 (El Salvador)
+57 67 497 248 (Colombia)
+1 877 211 1546 (Jamaica)
+1 849 937 0808 (Dominican Republic)
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, Florida

Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Spirit Airlinesfree flight voucher

My family and were supposed to fly from Orlando FL to Atlantic City NJ back in October. About 40 minutes before the flight was scheduled to depart, it was cancelled. They herded us much like cattle to the Spirit Reservation desk to reschedule flights. They also gave everyone on the flight a free round trip ticket voucher. Well guess what, I called yesterday to book a flight and they have no record of our free flight voucher.

I called the reservation #, which was the only # I could find at the time because the site was also down, and they told me I had to email Customer Service from the website. I explained the site was down, and she then told me that emailing the site wont help me anyway! (WHat the heck?!) I will have to go to the airport and speak to the people at the Spirit Desk! Are you kidding me?? I lost 2 days of work because of the cancelled flight and now I have to drive and hour to the airport and I dont even know if it will do any good.

Needless to say, after 2 days of searching for contact information, I was able to find a few #'s and addresses that might help for some others with similar problems.

Corporate Office:
[protected]- dont choose the customer concern option, it kicks to a recording saying to email from the site. Try extention 1711.

Legal Department- my next step tomorrow
Attn: Corporate Consumer Affairs
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, Fl 33025
[protected]

Last resort, but probably wouldnt make a bit of difference, I was able to find the head honchos email (I havent tried it yet to see if it actually works) Ben.[protected]@spiritair.com

And emailing [protected]@spiritair.com doesnt work.. It keeps coming back as undeliverable.

Hope this helps some people..Good Luck!

Spirit Airlinesbait and switch

Spirit runs adds like the current $50 off, and now they are presenting those fairs on their website so you can book the flight but after they've taken your credit card information and charged you, they present you with addtiional charges - a fee for each checked bag plus a fee for each seat!!! It ended up costing $100 more than the closest competitive fair once all these charges were added. This is not common practice in the airline industry and the information should not be buried in terms and conditions that are pages long which nobody reads!!!

Spirit Airlineslost luggage / changed sits / not willing to refund

To whom it may concern;

I am writing this letter being disappointed by spirit airlines service and I want to share my experience for your information.
      On november 1st, 2008 I had a flight number nk807 from dca (ronald reagan national airport) to sxm number nk100 (saint martin - princess juliana international airport) with stop in fll (fort lauderdale international airport). at first when we checked in we had a mess because of spirit representative was not paying attention that we flying to st. martin, however being informed about it, we been checked in as local flight to fll and got only two tickets to airplane instead of four. plus to it we been seated separately; my pregnant wife in front big sit that I paid for and I was downgraded to regular sit in the back (representative promised us a credit $100 but never explained how it will apply, "just call airlines, and they will figure out" was her answer).

When we arrived to fll suddenly when we tried to check in, we have been told that we does not have any reservation to sxm because we been checked in as local flight from dca to fll. we been in shock, imagine how much stress my wife got, she was on her fifth month of pregnancy. after a while we been fixed to our plain, my concern was about our luggage. we had two checked in luggage’s one at the beginning at front check point and another at the gate. and both of them had different stickers which I informed local authorities about this inconvenience and they promised me that everything will be just fine that they will deliver my luggage to the plain which we were flying. first I was told the same at fll check in, while they were looking the sits for my wife and me, second time at fll "lost and found" department where I left my information, and at last at the gate to the plain, plus in the plain. everywhere I was assured that everything will be just fine, and I should not worry about. however it made us more nervous, me and my pregnant wife.

My worries come true, when I finally was at luggage claim and never received my second luggage! there where our entire cloth.in the second small back which I intended to take as handy were only shoes. I opened a claim at local airport (princess juliana international airport), receipt is included. and I was promised that next day my luggage probably will be delivered by american airlines, because it made to local authorities sense that if luggage lost and spirit airlines flies only ones in a week it was supposed to be delivered by next airlines who flies to st. martin. we had nothing to do just to make a claim and leave with nothing. imagine how much stress to my pregnant wife and me. I got this vacation to her as a present to have some rest from everyday stress at work. that’s what I received for my money.

From my hotel where I was staying (sonesta great bay resort) I was calling almost every day to airport authorities (receipt from hotel for phone charges is included). I was told that american air lines never delivered my luggage and I was supposed to wait until next week spirit airlines arrival. that is the day when we were supposed to depart! that completely broke me down; I purchased additional internet minutes at hotel (my wireless card was at lost luggage), and if I was calling to spirit airlines I will be bankrupt. I send several emails to spirit airlines (copies included) and only respond received apologies informational notes. no calls, no information. by the way I find numerous same type complaints failed against spirit airlines, even law sues. how I been so naïve not to check them before I purchase those tickets.

Being locked from any information I found on the back of my luggage lost form that spirit airlines responsible for any purchases made if luggage was not delivered in five days. plus my wife being constipated and I had special medicine in my luggage for her. I was desperate, I run to local medical authorities to get help for my wife who started feeling really bad. I got medicine for her by our own expense. I was supposed to get some cloth for both of us, because except our sport clothing that we had on upon our arrival plus bag of shoes, we did not have anything. I was sending several messages to spirit airlines, no answer by email, no phone calls.

I spend $400 for clothing, doctor visit ($100), medications for my wife ($25), and I think when we will be back to us I will bring her to our doctor. if he finds that she has any additional problems caused by that. spirit airlines will be responsible.

For any of my purchase I got receipt, picture and description.

On november 8th, 2008 when we got to airport and talk again face to face to local authorities regarding our lost luggage. funny, but I was promised that if it will be delivered to our room. my wife specifically gave them our room number and my phone number in case if it would happen. to our surprise when we started arguing about our luggage on hundred times, I was expecting that at least I will get it from same spirit airline flight 101 that I was promised it will be delivered. I was informed that my luggage was delivered, but I never received it. I was asking at hotel front desk every day two times, I was sending emails to spirit airlines and got no answers. but somehow it was delivered exactly on my departure day. I was devastated. I was writing this letter while I was flying back to the states where I will have a numerous arguing with spirit airlines.

But I will be sending this letter to bbb, attorney general, and local scams information department. everybody should know how ridiculous this company. how my pregnant wife and my vacation was particularly ruined by this company.
      I just want reimbursement of $700 that I spend, and presuming will be spending because of them for none respecting to their own customers. funny, but I still never got my luggage back, I am flying back without it; it somewhere in st. martin - spirit airlines authorities promised me to send it back, but I don’t believe their promises.

P. s. except I was spending money for clothing, toilet accessories and sun block creams plus stool softener for my wife, I got my luggage back on november 18, 2008, 18 days later after numeros calls to spirit main office, spirit luggage center in fll and dca. french cologne was simply stolen out of my bag, my wife’s father gave me as present on my birthday (cost $70).

Thank you for your cooperation.

Spirit Arlines — Luggage prices and restrictions

This is the e-mail I sent to airline: My name is Karla Realpe and I am e-mailing you in big dissapointment...

Spirit Airlines — their system crashed and I got charged twice

Today I made a reservation for my boss using Spirit Airlines during the reservation process their system...

Spirit Airlineticket cancellation / refund

Within 24 hours of purchaseing airline tickets from spirit airline, my mother called and cancell a roundtrip ticket for her daughter who would not be going. Spirit airline issue a cancellation number and promised her a credit in the amount of 99.00. However, neither my mother or sister has received any credit from spirit airline. we have followed up with calls and complaints. But spirit airlines refused to issue any refund or credit.

Spirit Airlinescanceled flight

In Feb of 2008 I purchased 3 round trip tickets and hotel reservations to Cancun Mexico on Spirit Airlines through Spirit Vacations. We were to depart Alantic City Airport at 7:10 am on Oct 21. At 2:10 am ( 2 hours before we were to be at the airport) I received a call from Spirit Airline saying our flight was canceled and we could not get other seats for 3 days. I asked to be put on another airline and was told they could not do that. The only thing they could do was cancel my air ticket or I could wait and get seats in 3 days. I explained that we had planned this trip for 7 months taking vacation and having someone stay at our house while we were gone. I was told oh well they could not do anything. We had also paid $100.00 for Spirits seat charge and $60.00 baggage fee RT
          I went on line and found 3 tickets on Continental airlines for 9:00 am which we booked for more then $275.00 more then we paid on spirit.
          After we arrived at Cancun we were told by the travel agent that we might not be on the return flight with spirit because we did not come down with them. Three days later the travel agent called me to the hotel lobby and told me that we in deed were not on the return flight. (we had already paid for these ticket in Feb) The Spirit Rep said we should buy new tickets and try and get the money when we got home.
          We then booked tickets on Continental again for approx $275.00 more then the Spirit tickets. I then decided to get a written statement from the Spirit Rep. that we were removed from Spirits return flight. After I called the Spirit Rep. in Cancun and requested this letter I was put on hold for approx 5 min. when he came back on the line I was told that he had made a mistake and that we were on the return flight. We now had3 tickets on Continental and 3 tickets on Spirit all non refundable. We decided to take the Continental as it was a non stop as opposed to spirits 3 hour lay over in Fla.
          After we got home I filed a claim with Spirit Vacations for the cost of the Continental tickets which cost us almost and extra $550.00 as we had purchased the trip cancelation insurance. Spirit responded that they would not pay us back as we were a no show even through they had canceled the flight. Finally Spirit did send us back the cost of there tickets plus the seat fee.
          Spirit never sent the money back for the baggage fee.
          I also sent a letter to the CEO of Spirit Airlines requesting the extra $550.00 that we had to pay on Continental but he refuses to respond. My next step will be to take the issue to the new media or small claims court. I am not looking for free tickets only the extra money I had to put out because of mistakes.

Spirit Airlinesi just hate this airline

I hate spirit airlines. First of all this company is not straightforward about all the fees that need to be paid. The reason there tickets typically are cheaper is because they nickel and dime on baggage, seating, insurance, and various other small fees. I booked a international flight for My wife and I roundtrip for about $1500 bucks. Of course Spirit shows up to be the cheapest and I was a firt time customer so I thought I would give them a try. Immediately, I am disatisfied with there online booking system. Traditionally you would make your selections for a flight then be presented with a grand total for purchase. I wasn't aware my card was being charged as I made the selections. Well as I was proceeding I began to realize that this airline was adding on charges that would exceed the normal cost of this ticket. So I decided to cancel the reservation ( mind you I haven't recieved any confirmation of purchase). I was in the middle of making selections that's when I decided to call customer "No Service". This was all within a time frame of 10 mins. When I called I asked them to make sure they removed my credit card information from their system as I no longer wanted the tickets. They proceeded to tell me that my card had already been charged $1500. I FLIPPED OUT and asked how is that possible when I haven't even made a selection for seating, bagging or anything else nor at that time had I recieved any confirmation for anything. After arguing with the rep whom only quoted the terms and conditions policy I asked to speak to a manager. I asked for the tickets to be canceled. He proceeded to tell me the tickets were non-refundable and they can only apply credit to future purchases. He also mention a cancelation fee which was more than the online website specified. We argued about that as well he did at least say he could waive the cancellation fee but couldn't reverse the charges. At this time I am so boiling hot my vision starts to blurr... I asked how can I be charge for something I haven't made confirmation on. He tells me that Spirit charges the card as you make selections. I told him I was not aware of this and have not recieved any confirmations of such. He asks me to wait and comes back and tells me he has my confirmations numbers which at the time hadn't even appeared on my computer or email... I then said some expletives that I won't repeat here then told this Manager I will never do business with their airline again. He then told me this call was going no where and then he hung up on me. I called back and spoke to a rep whom had a little more common sense and he provided with the coperate address for complaints and what not and soon they shall be recieving a most expressive letter from me... DO Not Fly SPIRIT AIRLINES!!!

• Sh
                sherimorphis Mar 20, 2014

Sunday, 3-16-14; Spirit Airlines, Atlantic City Airport: Susan's her name, harassing seniors is her game! This flight was very stressful due to rude, controlling, abusive check-in lady, Susan. We had to get a boarding pass for Dave. Susan at check-in eyed our backpack and barked... that bag is not flying on "MY PLANE". I foolishly asked why. Susan argued even though the bag fit in Spirit's 'must fit this box to fly' it didn't fit Susan's expectations. Dave had the backpack all inside the luggage box, said to Susan, "See? It fits." Susan retorted, "I don't care if it fits, it's not flying on MY PLANE!" Susan refused to measure the bag, she said she was following guidelines for the FAA (now when did 'eyeing a bag' become an FAA guideline) We left check-in with our boarding passes to discuss what to do. It was a brand new backpack, flew from Tampa, FL to AC, NJ, no problems with the bag on that leg of the flight! Susan advised we pay $50 for the little guy to fly...helloooooo Susan it's a backpack, didn't even cost $50. As we walked to our gate knowing we were going to have to toss the backpack, I was walking first... my son walking behind me said something and I turned to answer him to see a smirking Susan, hair flying in the breeze, almost breaking into a trot and yep headed right to us. I told the kids not to turn around, but advised them Susan was on our heels. My daughter-in-law said, it's because of that bag, she's not letting this go, we have to throw it away. I agreed. Susan walked along side of me, looked at me smirking, then jumped in front of me, turned around to face me, walking backwards she spat, you shoulda paid the $50 downstairs, now you're gonna pay me $100 to fly that bag...I'm working the boarding gate, and that bag is not flying on MY PLANE! Susan you raving looney tune, I'm 70 years old, my balance isn't the best anymore, you could have made me fall, but being as vain and controlling, and apparently have job security, you apparently don't care if an old lady falls. Didn't know jumping in front of a senior to harass them was a Spirit Airline guideline. Susan left, went behind her desk. A young man came to assist and she pointed me out to him. He looked up til he found me, we locked eyes, he quickly bent his head down and obediently shook his head to Susan, yes, he'd seen me. My d-i-l became very upset. We wondered what would Susan do next to intimidate us or worse, keep us/me from flying home. I would fire this woman in a heartbeat! She lacks proficient skills to do an efficient job for Spirit. Susan uses her position to intimidate, it's personal for Susan. In my stress I took off my pullover, popped an expensive earring out and lost it. I didn't notice it til I was off the plane, a beautiful gift from my kids. I forgot my iPad cord in the zippered backpack pouch and a camera charger. Dave had to change into his heavy jeans so we had room in our new tote for his shorts, a grey plastic bag. Add degrading to our flight experience with Susan/Spirit. We tossed the backpack. I watched as bag after bag went by larger than mine. C'mon you know no one is paying extra to fly those! Even the tote bag I was carrying was larger than the backpack, oh did I tell you the backpack was not mine, but all tart communication was guided to me, not Dave. We decided to let Dave take the tote bag, put 5 people in between us to make sure Susan let Dave on, she didn't even glance at the heavy overstuffed tote he was carrying. Five people went ahead of me, then me. I held my breath, said not one word, Susan couldn't even look at me, but developed that "I won!" smirk when she saw the plastic luggage I was carrying, DINGed my boarding pass, cut it, gave me my stub and mumbled very very softly, " all this done without looking at me once, and muttered...thank you..." Dave was waiting on the other side of the boarding deck just in case Susan decided my eye color was wrong and kept me. My kids were behind me. I heard DING DING, good 2 more boarding and it was my kids. We were free! Susan had had her fun with the old lady, something to laugh about later in the evening I'm sure. Spirit shame on you for employing such a poorly qualified, non people person. I write this blurb knowing nothing will be done, but Susan is the type of anti-social personality who cannot control herself, she will go after someone else, and maybe that person will be able to complain and get results. To boot, my son is a Spirit member! What a horrible experience. The earring loss really hurt me.

• This airline was aweful! To keep it short, here are all the reasons why: They cancel flights without notice, hire very young kids to work with immature attitudes, 3 1/2 hour delays, many people just sleeping in airports with the promises to take them on the next flight (which never happened), no free sodas on the plane, every thing will cost you...carry ons', (100.00!), super young pilots (good luck with that), snotty ticket agents (who can't speak the English language well over the announcements), the seats are super-super close, every passenger's knees will be against your seat, and making you pass your destinations for connecting flights for unknown reasons. After spending 5 hours in the airport, I got to hear the stories of the passengers. Aweful! Suggestion: pay the extra $300.00. You will be home quicker without having to wait hours and hours at the airport!

Jack Brownn Apr 02, 2013

there prices are hidden for baggage fees flew from Houston to Vegas with no fees coming back charged us 100 at the gate for carry on bag that Houston did not BS

Jack Brownn Apr 02, 2013

They are the worse airline in the world would rather drive 5 hours than fly spirit airlines

Spirit Airlines Credit Card — deceptive practices

Last year I received an email from Spirit Airlines stating that I could get reduced fares membership if I...

Spirit Airliens 9 Dollar Clubthey rp me off

I decided to try the 30 days trial for the $9 club online and after the 10 trial they withdraw a memebership money from my bank account. i told them i want to cancel and want my money back. They closed the account but never refunded my money. I tried to contact them but every representative on the phone told me that because this is online they do no have a customer service dept for that. I did sent e-mails and all the answers that I got said that they aready refunded my money. i check my back account every single day and this happened 5 months ago and I still do not get my money back or the account active again.

Do not trust Spirit airlines...this online promotions or memberships are a rip off!

• Ed
                  Ed Duggan Dec 10, 2015

I tried call calling Spirit to cancel my annual subscription a day before expiration date as I didn't have access to a laptop where I was. However, Spirit knowingly makes it impossible for your to reach an actual human representative via their phone line... they knowingly deceive customers so you cannot get a refund. this is an airline led by crooks. I will take my case to BBB and my State Senators. I am amazed at the level of deceit this group of thugs goes to in order to deceive its customers.

• Pe
                  personanongrata Mar 20, 2011

If you paid with a credit card all you have to do to get your money back is to dispute the charge with your credit card company. Be sure to tell them that you did take all reasonable steps to cancel before the deadline had expired.

• Ic
                  ico Apr 12, 2009

Sorry to disagree - Sorry you are having problems. However - I continued with the 9 dollar club and more than received my moneys worth when I took a $34 round trip from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale for 2. You have to be able to be flexible in regards to vacations. Also when you sign up for the the 3 months for $9, just assume that you are interested enough to continue in the $9 club. I know that I will pay the fee again this year and use it at least once.

Spirit Airmilitary assistance

This complaint is more focused on Spirit Airlines committment to our military soliders and their families. Our son is coming home from Irag Dec 18th and flying into Georgia (Fort Stuart). We scheduled flights to fly into Myrtle Beach on Dec 16th and drive down, which is a 4 1/2 hour drive. We have done this drive in the past because you just can't fly into Savanna easily. As the days are getting closer, the military changed his arrival date to Dec 14th. All we are asking Spirit Airline is to wave the cancellation fee for us. We are not asking Spirit Air to pick up the cost of the ticket for the new flight down, just wave the fee for us. Your son is finishing his first tour of 15 months in Irag, you would like to see him get off the bus with his unit along with all the others families and you think the corporate officer would have a policy in place for certain military curcumstances like this.

To Spirit Airline Coroporate Officer, Thanks your your support to the military and their families.

Dennis Navin
                Tewksbury, Ma

Spirit Airlines$9 club ripoff

I enrolled into the $9 fare club, but instead of charging me $9 for 60 days, they charged me $39.95 for the whole year. Now they say the membership is not reinbursable. Their website is misleading. Be careful!

SandraWise Apr 04, 2013

I was in this club for a year, and never saw a $9 flight, , I never used it, this just got a bill for 59.95 for this year, I had to cancel on line, hope it went thru if not I will be calling my credit card company to get my money back. It was of no use to me... I believe it is a rip off, I couldn't get a phone number to talk to anyone.. got the run around with phone numbers.. SCARY!!

• La
                      Lancerdad34 Nov 20, 2008

I too am fighting to get a refund on this rip-off!

• Ei
                      EileenRocks Nov 11, 2008

I am not sure if I should join the 9.00 club. It seems to me that it is very hard to access this discount. Has anyone been happy with it? ARe there just limited amounts of tickets for the 9.00 fare?
                      Need help deciding if I should buy the club or not.

thanks

Spirit Airlines — unauthorized charge to spirit airlines credit card

We got a "free" spirit airlines credit card and were then charged a fee which we paid. On 5/12/08, a charge...

Spirit Airlinesflight attendants didn't give me a cup of water

I was on a red eye flight from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale on board a plane operated by Spirit Airlines. It was on August 29, 2008 flight number 310. After the flight took off, the passengers were informed there is a charge for drinking water and there will be a charge of $ 3.00 per bottle of water and they only accept credit cards and not cash. This was the first time I ever heard of such a thing. It was my first time flying on Spirit Airlines. It was a long flight of over 5 hours. I fly regularly and have seen that other airlines do charge for bottled water but they still serve regular drinking water in small cups free of charge.

I was thirsty before I even got on board. When the flight attendants started their "beverage service" I asked them to give me a small cup of regular water. They demanded that I give them a credit card and buy a whole bottle of spring water. I informed them that I am not carrying any of my credit cards and that I would be happy to pay cash. They refused. I didn't even want a whole bottle of water. All I wanted was a small cup of water to help me with my thirst.

During this long flight I suffered from thirst. It was like a torture. Approximately three and a half hours to four hours into the flight, I started feeling dizzy and could not breath and was extremely dehydrated and had chest pain. I could not wait any more. I finally walked to the back of the plane where two of the flight attendants where sitting and happily chatting. I nicely requested that they give me a small cup of water. Again I informed them that I do not have a credit card with me and I am willing to pay cash. But again they refused despite my repeated statement that I am very thirsty and severely dehydrated. The one flight attendant (Diana) told me that if she gave me water she would be doing something against the airline's policy and that she is working for the airline and she has to observe her duties, and then she simply ignored me and left. I asked the other remaining flight attendant and she again refused to give me water. I remained calm and went back to my seat.

After over five hours, when the plane landed, I could almost see nothing. I had almost completely lost my vision from thirst, dehydration and severe dry eye, and I could not breath. I had severe chest pain.

I strongly believe that how they treated me was extremely unfair and perhaps illegal. There must be some laws to stop this sub standard airline to treat people like this. I felt like I was imprisoned by them inside a plane for five hours without access to the most basic necessity for sustaining life which is water. The fact that they refused to give me a small cup of water amounts to torture, and I think that their act is probably illegal under some federal, state or international laws. I wasn't asking for alcohol or food or even a full bottle of water. I was asking only for a small cup of water and was also willing to pay for it. They still refused.

I believe that if the flight is longer than a certain period of time, then the airlines must have the responsibility to provide water for passengers. At the very least, if they want to charge for the water, then they should not limit the type of payment a passenger can make. If the passenger can only pay cash, then they must accept it. They should not be able to limit the type of payment to only credit cards. They should have also given prior notice of their policy before someone gets on board and not after.

I am very determined to find out if there are remedies for me against Spirit Airlines, and I would appreciate any help I could get from anyone knowledgeable in this area. I have already retained an attorney to do research to see the legality of the Spirit Airline's policy and the actions of its flight attendants, and if we find a cause, then I have every intention to file a lawsuit against Spirit Airlines for torturing me and disregarding my physical health and causing damages to my body and consequently my mind and perhaps even file a class action lawsuit by inviting other passengers who have suffered. I have also filed an official complaint with the Department of Transportation.

The fact is that, even if their actions may not have been illegal, at the very least, they were immoral an unconscionable. Spirit Airlines must be ashamed for its inhumane policies. Their policies should show anyone how they really feel and care about their passengers.

• X3
                        X3SUNDAE Feb 22, 2010

Mr. Grow up! ure an ###.
                        Water is a basic neccesity that they should offer and honestly like your parents told you: if you have nothing to say then don't say anything at all, ###ing jerk off

• Fr
                        frequant passenger Jan 03, 2010

Even though there are a few things about this that are true (Spirit charges fo water) the complainer missed a couple of important points. 1. there is no way that after a couple of hours of fight that he would start to be "feeling dizzy and could not breath and was extremely dehydrated and had chest pain". You need to research your topic better before making things up. If you really had thes simptoms, something else was wrong with you.
                        2. Thirsty? why didn't you used the water from the facuet in the bathroom? The water comes from the same place. Is it you just didn't know that there is water in the bathroom for washing hands?
                        Spirit's ticket prices start at $9 a seat and go up from there. At this rate I could even afford to buy a seat and a drink. I fly a lot on many airlines including Spirit. They are not perfect at their job by any means but I find that the Flight Attendents follow the airlines policy no matter what it is. In most cases if they don't they risk the chance of being fired.
                        If you were about to die after your 5 hour flight, find you a rip off lawyer and Doc and sue the company.
                        Better yet, fly another airline and make it first class, that way you will get you glass of water and you won't run the risk of dieing.

• Gr
                        Grow Up! Feb 03, 2009

I would love to help you in this matter. I am very familiar with the legalities of this type of situation. My biggest piece of advice to you, prior to any retainer that you pay me is this, ...

Remember your parents telling you to go bfore you left? Well, you are not 5 years old any more.

Spirit Airlinesruined vacation

On May 25th, 2008, I compiled a vacation package for the family and the air travel was purchased with Spirit Airlines. The original departure time was set at 5:25am, arriving in Orlando at 8:30am. The return flight time was 7:25pm, arriving in Puerto Rico at 10:15 pm. Everything was set, or so it seemed. The departure date is Sep.11th, so I decided to enter their site and verify itinerary since I'm only a day and a half away from flying, to my unfortunate surprise the airline decided to change my flight times without notifying me. This change has affected my vacation plans totally. The new arrival time has us at the airport in Orlando at 5:25pm, the park that is included in our vacation package closes at 6:00pm, by the time we get to the hotel and pick up the park tickets, we missed the entire day. Then the departure time from Orlando was changed to 11:50am, another missed day. The options I was offered were to either change my days of travel, which would leave my family without a hotel room unless I added additional costs to my package adding the extra days. Or getting a refund, leaving me with a day and a half to purchase other tickets with another airline, which on such short notice would be costly. What aggravates me the most is the fact that I ordered and paid in full my family's airfare over 3 months ago. In my contract that was sent via e-mail it states the penalties I would incurr if I were to change or cancel the reseravtion, yet it doesn't mention what would happen if the changes or cancelations were on their behalf. My family and I planned this vacation for over 3 months, they changed my plans and didn't notify me. A whole family was affected due to negligence and poor business tactics. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Spirit Airlines — ripped off

I did a first reservation with Spirit Airline, the computer tells me the reservation expired because I waited...

Spirit Airlines — sneaky - website/system glitch?

I decided to purchase a ticket for $474 Boston - Colombia without using their $9 club and $12 thing.. Then...

Spirit Air — $9 fare club

I emailed this to 100 people in my address book and sent a copy of it to Spirit Air as well. I'm...

spiritair $9 clubunauthorized credit card charge

I canceled my service with this company last year, now they are charging me again for an annual contract! this is a scam. you can tell its a scam because they are getting so many complaints they don't even take calls anymore! just email! I will never fly with these people again!

Spirit Airunderhanded business practices and zero remorse

I'm a travel agent and I just booked my first and last ticket on SPI-RAPE AIRLINES!!! I will never subject any of my clients, friends or family to their customer-no-service, rapist mentality again!

I should have known to leave the site and book elsewhere because to get the reservation done, it too 4 tries - page kept crashing and sending me back to the starting point!

Then you get to a page that quotes what you think is what you'll pay for the travel and once you enter your credit card info, and hit continue - THAT MAKES THE 'SALE' FINAL (excuse me, but is that not supposed to happen in the "CONFIRM!" phase of things which happens to be the LAST STEP showing on their website...???!!!)

The BAIT & SWITCH:
                          The ### don't give you the choice of not buying the ticket once you become aware of the baggage charge: they collect each phase of the rape separately, by the time you realize you have to pony up another chunk for baggage it's too late - YOU JUST BOUGHT A NON-REFUNDABLE TICKET on the previous page!!!

After the credit card info screen, aka the RAPE SCENE, you are carted to the "LAST CHANCE TO PRE-PAY FOR YOUR BAGGAGE!" screen where you are offered the opportunity to add $15 for the 1st piece of checked luggage and should you require a 2nd piece of checked luggage--ADD another $25 to the $15 (so, now you're at $40 over the price you were quoted initially!
                          ...mind you--their website clearly stated that the price for checked luggage (up to 2 pieces) was $10 EACH, but the calculation was done based on $15 for bag #1 and add another $25 for bag #2.--according to the rude agent in INDIA who hung up on me-"the cost has changed ma'am, the site has not yet been updated." (I asked if the customers were to pay for the company not updating their site and he explained that whatever the calculated price showed was what I had to pay, pretty much END OF DISCUSSION!)

Once you've gotten past the inital shock of your ordeal, gone to the ER, had your rape kit processed and scheduled your counseling session to deal with the DINNERLESS DATE-RAPE that you feel just took place, then comes the part where SPI-RAPE Airlines coughs up a nice one and spits it right in your face!

Ladies and Gentlemen:
                          If you want to sit in the middle of two strangers, by all means you are given the honorable option of paying a mere $5 to select a center seat (BLUE ZONE!)

If you happen to need to sit in an aisle/window seat(GREEN Zones) for whatever reason, the PRIVILEDGE of selecting your own seat will cost you $10 dollars in addition to what you've already paid!

And to anyone like me who's over 6 feet tall and needs to sit in an exit row for the extra leg room...GET READY--as if life's not already challenging enough--sitting in an exit row, YES, AN EXIT ROW (designated RED ZONE), you know the one where you have to speak English fluently per FAA regulations so that you may assist others in the event of an emergency) will cost you $15 MORE.

YES, THIS IS ON TOP OF THE un-"FARE, " the "BAGGAGE CHARGE" and of course any applicable taxes and fees!

To be fair, I must say that there is a note on the site regarding free seat-assignment that may occur at check-in, but as my poor sister said "WHAT"S TO SAY THEY WON'T MAKE YOU SIT IN THE TOILET THE WHOLE WAY THERE!?!!" They've sure treated their customers like crap to this point, so that would be NO SURPRISE!

I should also note that the baggage and seat payment screens both crashed and reverted me to the initial pages twice before I could get payments processed - way to go SPI-RAPE what else don't you properly maintain!?!!!

BEN BALD-ANZA, I'm here to tell you, on behalf of all your RAPE-VICTIMS, WE ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE. WE INTEND TO TELL THE WORLD! And, KNOW THIS--"You might not believe it-HA!-But, I talk a lot! I talk a lot! And, in case you didn't read that - I TALK A LOT! AND, SO DO MY FRIENDS, FAMILY, BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, FELLOW TRAVEL AGENTS, CLIENTS. Wait, I almost forgot OUR ATTORNEYS, EMPLOYERS, SENSIBLE AIRLINE EXEC FRIENDS OF OURS (oh, yeah those are your competitors! hmm--INTERESTING!!!), INVESTORS, MEDIA CONTACTS, SUPPLIERS, MARKETING PROFESSIONALS and ALL HUMAN BEINGS WHO KNOW YOU ARE WRONG--WE TALK A LOT!

YOU HAVE MY WORD! Just in case your Outlook proficiency didn't do an adequate job - WE WILL NOT TO LET YOU DOWN: THE WORLD WILL BE TOLD!

1 days ago by Alex [send email]
                          Spirit's poor customer service is almost a joke. The Indian people that you speak with on the phone are barely literate, and the woman I spoke with, "allison" just put me on hold and then hung up on me when I told her the calculations she was giving me to modify my ticket didn't make any sense.

I will never fly this ### airline again, and suspect they'll file for bankruptcy shortly. No American will ever put up with this pathetic customer service. What a shame! Spirit used to be a fun and well run airline.

Cheated out of my trip... Apr 07, 2009

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!

I actually told my husband I was calling the police to file a report because I had just been raped!!! The same thing happened to me!