Having problems with Spirit Airlines?

Spirit Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 15, 2007. The latest review Falsely marketed “elevated cleaning process to address covid pandemic” was posted on Apr 8, 2021. The latest complaint unauthorised charge of $69.95 and no way to contact customer service was resolved on Feb 01, 2019. Spirit Airlines has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 237 reviews. Spirit Airlines has resolved 52 complaints.

Spirit Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 006 1111 (Mexico)
+1 954 447 8010 (United States)
+1 801 401 2222 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 800 772 7117 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 954 698 0125 (Spirit Vacations)
+504 94 520 238 (Honduras)
+505 22 781 149 (Nicaragua)
+506 40 329 449 (Costa Rica)
+502 22 920 828 (Guatemala)
+507 836 7701 (Panama)
+503 21 130 326 (El Salvador)
+57 67 497 248 (Colombia)
+1 877 211 1546 (Jamaica)
+1 849 937 0808 (Dominican Republic)
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, Florida

Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Spirit Airlines — trying to confirm that my baggage payment was received

On 3/16 I went on you unfriendly website and thought I paid for 1 check in going an coming for my trip for...

Spirit Airlines — conf#h78lff, flight nk972

To whom it may concern: On February 8, 2018, my wife and I left from home (4 hrs away) to catch our flight in...

Winslow

Spirit Airlines Irving — unauthorized credit card charges!!

My name is Aden Farah my credit card is been charged by your company without my own consent, please have...

Spirit AirlinesNever again

Next time I'd rather go on a slow boat than using these airlines from hell.
These people canceled several flights including mine and rescheduled it 2 days later. Of course, my plans were ruined because of them.
You may say why would they care about so my passengers, but excuse me, they could have warned us at least, so we could have found somewhere to go or change/correct our plans. I think many people were infuriated by this.
I came from a town 80 miles away from the airport, what was I to do?

Spirit Airlines — customer service

On my trip back from LA to PHL, I stuck in the heavy traffic and TSA screening. I was very happy to get to...

Spirit Airlineshorrible experience at the gate

Horrible flight experience! Reply ASAP, otherwise Sue!
    I have checked my carry on luggage on ticketing. Your staff said it is ok. But boarding gate staff said I need to pay $65. I bought ticket from New York to San Diego. It said I can bring a carry on luggage 45*35*20. Your staff didn't check the size, just saying it is big and charge me $65. And the staff also told me I need to pay another $130 for my next 2 journey. I have to get rid of my suitcase at the gate and bring all my stuff in 2 plastic bags. I am 100% sure my luggage is standard size. I am still suffered for next 5 days journey in the USA with 2 plastic bags.
    How could be $195 for luggage and plus £135 for air ticket! I am not the only customer who has been charged at the gate! When scanned the ticket, they can see you are new to the flight, forced me to pay with horrible attitude. One of the staff also pissed off the boarding pass in front of customer's face! Spirit airline is a robber, robed each customer's money at the gate. No money no flight! Now I felt I was naked to boarding because all my stuff are messed in a plastic bag! I also lost my suitcase which I have used for more than 3 years fly all over the world.
    I believe I am not the first and not the last customer having this problem with Spirit airline.
    We need to speak out and let all other customers know how horrible Spirit airline is, how greedy spirit airline is. We should avoid to buy any more ticket from Spirit airline, which is the only way to shut down this Spirit airline ASAP!!!

horrible experience at the gate

gingin1 Mar 27, 2018

A class action law suite is currently pending in Federal Court. Contact attorneys: Hermina Law Group, [protected].

Spirit Airlinesagent arman rude refusing to send me a written copy of policy

9/20/2017 at 8:30 AM I called requesting a refund for luggage since we needed to cancel our reservation #[protected]---My husband Robert became sick and hospitalized at VA Hospital. I understand our tickets were not refundable but requested a refund on carry on bags----when Spirit Agent Arman refused----I asked to speak to a SUPERVISOR----she refused and stated would not connect me to a Supervisor-----then I requested to be sent a copy of the policy where it stated Fees for our baggie would not be refunded. Your Agent Arman refused----then when I told her she was being recorded she then changed her mind and told she would read the policy but would not send it to me. I will be seeing our Attorney, filing a complaint with BBB. I have a legal right to see a written copy of the policy when your company refuses to reimburse Luggage Fees.

Spirit Airlinesno refund with hurricane irma??

On August 22nd I purchased 2 tickets to fly to St. Thomas and then take a boat to St. John. Confirmation code: P8PDUS The trip was scheduled for March 6-14 2018. However, due to the recent destruction Hurricane Irma brought, we cancelled our trip on September 15th. There's no way the islands will be back to normal and open for business by then. St. John isn't expecting electricity til February 2018!! So sad. I have attached a picture of the neighborhood we were going to be staying.
        The house we were staying in has given us a full refund no questions asked. Obviously they understand the circumstances and that things out of our control happen sometimes. Here's the phone number of the lady [protected]. She is devastated as you can imagine!
        I am requesting a full refund of the amount I paid for the tickets $638.28. We were going with friends and they were flying American Airlines, they have fully refunded her for the trip even though their cancellation policy is just like yours. I am not going anywhere for a while. Not until hurricane season is in the distance!
        Thank you for your hard work...please help.

no refund with hurricane irma??

Spirit Airlinespile my complaint onto the same disgusting service that spirit inflicted on every one of the other customers.

I have a letter, which I will not just put in a pile on here, I am going to a higher authority, which includes the transportation authority of the us government. Together in the near future, we hope to shut this airline (Which it isn't) down!!! As well as make sure that none of the people hired (Not by spirit, I found out) but by third party organizations to never find disgusting, so called customer service??!! Reps to work for their bottom rate organization in the first place. I hope to see on the news within the next few years that spirit airlines has gone bankrupt never to be seen again!!!... Contact [protected]@yahoo.com.

Spirit Airlineshurricane irma (flights and evacuation)

I am requesting a full refund for flights scheduled during the Hurricane Irma evacuation of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

With Confirmation Code LEDRUA, I was to leave Atlanta on Friday, September 8 (flight 877) to connect to a Southwest Flight (confirmation code - pxm6pj) to Havana Cuba.

I had flights scheduled for return on Monday, September 11, 2017. (Spirit #600). I started receiving weather advisories from Spirit on Tuesday, September 5. By Wednesday, the governor of Florida was requesting a full evacuation of that area of Florida because of the impending hurricane.

I attempted to call Spirit and attempted to contact via email to cancel my flight - in that Southwest had cancelled the flights from Ft. Lauderdale to Cuba.

I finally reached a representative on Monday but was told I could only receive a refund of $53 not the total $177.00

I did not receive any service from Spirit. I did not carry on any baggage. I should not be expected to fly into a hurricane. I'm sorry I missed my trip and sorry about the inconvenience it may have caused. BUT there is no reason for Spirit to keep my money. A FULL REFUND IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO - AND THE EXPECTED.

Spirit Airlinesrefund of fare

I was scheduled to fly to Fort Lauderdale on September 8, 2017. via Spirit Airlines, flight 877. Spirit sent out numerous emails of warning of weather/ travel advisories because of Hurricane Irma . They also send out a number of emails with different departure times for this particular flight. We had the option until the date of September 16th. To re-book or request a refund, I requested a refund and was told I could only be issued a partial refund, because the travel advisory did not mean "don't fly into the evacuated area " it meant there was impending danger! Spirit of course wanted passengers booked on flight 877 to fly into a place that had a mandatory evacuation issued by the Florida Governor . Spirit is refusing full refunds for the flight, a flight they warned would be entering adverse weather conditions. I want a full refund, not a partial refund! My confirmation number is Z4DGX

Spirit Airlines — flight was overbooked. I purchase 2 seats. my extra seat was commandeered.

On Sept 7th. 2017, I was flying back from Oakland California at 9:10 A.M. My reservation number KB3JGJ Seat...

Spirit Airlinesspirit airlines onboard charge (not travel on that date/no bought anything)

Travel data: 8/12/17 - 8/18/2017
                ORD -LAX

I have bought a combo of $7 when we returned from the flight on 8/18. This amount has shown in my credit card transactions. But on 8/26 they again charged me $14 as I was returned to home on 8/18 and never traveled again.

They may have my credit info and charge again. This is not good. I'm not sure when to complain but I'm not happy with this.

Spirit Airlinesdelay, because of no pilot

Not only they rape you the carry on bag. $52.00 dollars for a carry on, something that is free in every airline. Now we have a double delay because the airline does not have a PILOT!!!😳 Where are we? In a third world country for God sake!!! Worst airline ever.!!! This airline shouldn't be in business, no way!!! I believe their is enough complaints online for consumers affair get involve.

• Sh
                      [email protected] Sep 16, 2017

Spirit is simply not a professional airline company! I hope enough people stop flying them, and contact the Department of transportation, as well as any media (televised) that they can to get that message out there. They have no regard to their customers and don't care how they treat the people who keep them in their jobs! My complaint is top of this list, and I do not plan to back down on them any time soon! You may contact me direct I will gladly sign any forms of complaints to the ceo and use whatever means possible to shut this airline down and have them go bankrupt! I am still waiting to see if they reimburse me for the nightmare they put myself, my children, and 200 other passengers through without cause!

Spirit AirlinesNo, never again

Maybe I'm a kind person that I never wanted to write bad reviews, even if something wrong happened to me. But this situation was an exclusion for me and I decided to share. These airlines are absolutely unreliable and if you are smart enough you won't risk your money and time.
                    I was going to a business trip. And found out that they canceled my flight to New York 10 hours before the departure and didn't offer anything instead. I had to look for other flights which were more expensive.
                    Still trying to get my refund. This is a terrible company absolutely not focused on customers' needs.

gingin1 Mar 27, 2018

A class action law suite is currently pending in Federal Court. Cox v. Spirit Airlines. The attorneys: Hermina Law Group, [protected].

Spirit Airlineshorrible airline

Ufff... They are terribly unique. They don't give a crap about customers. No one whatsoever. 2 weeks ago I had a flight that was firstly delayed for 2 hours, and then eventually canceled. I was left in an unknown city alone with no place to go. Guys from the help desk said I had to wait for three days, kind of there were no other flights to my town. The airlines didn't provide help because it was their fault. So I had to spend $700 to get home.
                      No refund from them. Nothing at all. Horrible.

Spirit Airlinesspirit airlines incompetent agents

On Sunday, August 20, 2017 we were supposed to be on Flight 906 on the way back to Houston from Oakland airport. That morning around 8 am before leaving the hotel we checked in online and confirmed our seat numbers which were 15 D & 15 E. There was something going on with Spirit's online website we were not allowed to print out our boarding passes due to the issue going on with the website, I tried several times but was not allowed. We arrived at the airport right at 45 minutes before our plane departed, went to the kiosk and still not able to print out the boarding passes - several of the kiosk were down that day. We got to an agent in the counter to get our boarding passes. He looked at this computer and said he could not print out our boarding passes anymore.
                        I told him the plane was still there and was going to be there for another 40 minutes to get our boarding passes so that we could go board the plane that was still going to be there for almost an hour. We told him we had to be back home that night due to a family emergency. He went back to an office and stayed there several minutes, came back out and said he couldn’t do anything. I asked him to get a manager or supervisor to help us out. He said he couldn’t call anyone because the supervisor was working the flight and she would come down after the flight departed. I repeatedly asked him to call up there and he refused to, by this time it’s been 20-25 minutes wasted with an incompetent person working the floor for Spirit Airlines in an international airport.
                        The agent finally called the supervisor and she said the doors were about to close and there was nothing she could do. We could have clearly been on that flight back home but missed it due to incompetent agents working the floor at the airport counters for Spirit Airlines. This has been the most frustrated experience we have ever experienced in our life time. We felt so frustrated and so upset of the situation, not having anyone being able to help us out and treated us horribly.
                        We went over to Southwest Airlines where we bought 2 plane tickets back home that cost us $1100.00 which we had to put on a credit card. There was no reason why we should have spent so much money on a new set of plane tickets when we could have been on that plane back home. We made it up to the gate within 10 minutes after purchasing the new flight tickets while our original flight with Spirit was just taking off. The flight attendant with Southwest Airlines mentioned they would have called the gate and printed out our boarding passes in a case like ours.
                        I would like and appreciate for someone to get back with me on this matter. We have flown with Spirit many times before, group vacations with up to 27 family members! We have been loyal customers and feel so disappointed to have been treated so poorly and have gone through such a horrible experience like this one.

gingin1 Mar 27, 2018

A class action law suite is currently pending in Federal Court. Cox v. Spirit Airlines. The law firm handling the case: Hermina Law Group, [protected].

• Pb
                            pbetftdi Feb 26, 2018

My experience with the incompetence of Spirit Airlines' employees supports the validity of this comment.

Spirit AirlinesDon't recommend them

How come I paid more for my luggage and seat reservation than the ticket itself??? You just don't know how to get more and more money from customers and make them buy absolutely unnecessary stuff.
                          I think when I buy a ticket the seat should be automatically reserved by me or at least I can choose it for free!!! What the hell is that. Just a ripoff.

• Cn
                              cnReggie Jun 02, 2018

I just paid more for our luggage and seat selection than the 3 airline tickets. I will be joining this lawsuit.

gingin1 Mar 27, 2018

A class action case is currently pending in Federal Court. Cox v. Spirit Airlines. The law firm handling the case: Hermina Law Group, [protected].

• Co
                              conniecc Oct 26, 2017

Horrible flight experience! Reply ASAP, otherwise Sue!

Spirit Airlinesspirit airlines on board charge fraud

I was just charged $18.00 for an on "board charge" on my credit card on August 9 ...I was not on that flight!!! I was quietly sitting at home while this took place!!! Your flight attendants should ask for ID before accepting a credit/debit card!!! Or maybe do background checks on all flights attendants!!! I believe you should be held responsible for this charge ... this is such a scam and ripoff.

Spirit AirlinesI booked a flight and they cancelled my booking I had already paid for thru orbitz

Booked and PAID FOR!! a flight thru ORBITZ for my sister Sandra Hurley, went to the itinerary and it said CANCELLED.Why was is cancelled ? and why didnt they give my money back?Emailed ORBITZ and all they keep writing is contact SPIRIT!!! well I have tried to send emails but NO REPLY! The Confimation VB6JXM. Booking ID NKWG36. [protected]. I do hope I can get somewhere with this email, as I am finding the whole process very distressing.Thank You Marianne wright. [protected]@gmail.com. I live in sydney Australia .