Complaints & Reviews

Allegiant Air — would you hire an abusive counter & gate person? allegiant did!

Flight 1759 GSP to FLL February 7. (Was unable to load pdf boarding pass as proof of claim) Approached...

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air — customer service

On Sunday, December 15, 2019, Flight 2213 Conf #: 9FWRRM was scheduled for departure 9:28 PM from gate 5 at...

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airairlines customer service

No one from allegiant airlines to help me get a boarding pass as I had my screen broken while getting off the car at the airport. TSA did not allow me as I had my boarding pass on my phone and they are not able to scan it using a broken screen. No one at the office to get me a print of boarding pass. After all this, I had to pay for my flight change and this the SO-CALLED COURTESY they have provided.

Allegiant Airallegiant forfeited entire airfare

My wife booked a round trip to visit my daughter. A week later she called Allegiant which was still 2 weeks before departure date of October 17, 2019 to cancel. My son needs surgery and Allegiant doesn't go to his city. Allegiant rep told her she forfeits entire airfare of almost $500. Very poor customer service. Today is only Saturday, October 11, 2019. It's still before the flight.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airbeware!!! animal hater works at allegiant air! punta gorda airport

Punta Gorda airport FL, Allegiant air employee are very disrespectful! Be careful if you travel with a pet. Most terrible service, the manager is a very rude person and an animal hater, also appeared to us that something was wrong with her, had very shaky hands and yelling when we simply asked about to confirm that our luggage is returned to us. Also SCA woman named Susie who seemed to hate pets even more was even worse and had a nasty look on her face when she saw our beautiful dog and came up to us and forcing our dog to get in the bag like a circus dog and to turn around 360 % and when our dog did not want to do so, she said - you will not travel the dog does not fit, right 15 min before boarding to the plane! When we traveled with same dog and travel pet bag for years Via Allegiant air. We will file a complaint and make sure that these type of people do not serve public, such poor manners shows the lack of ethics, education, training and respect to others, showing us her superior attitude and did not even try to listen ! We had lost a flight and money because of them. Shame on Allegiant Air!

Allegiant Airlines/Apple Vacationsflight home from cancun to pittsburgh pa on allegiant airlines

Allegiant Airlines
        Flights #7002 & #7003
        Pittsburgh, PA to Cancun, Mexico
        August 2 through August 9, 2019
        Reservation # Q84BA0AB
        Daneil B Blough Marylee Blough

My husband and I went to Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun on August 2, 2019 from Pittsburgh, PA, on Allegiant Airlines Flight#7002. We booked a Preferred Club Deluxe Tropical View and got a view of their parking lots!! We have traveled with Apple Vacations for 18 years, sometimes twice a year! We had some minor problems but nothing quite like the experience when we traveled back to Pittsburgh, on August 9 Flight #7003. We had upgraded our seats to Perks Plus on both the southbound and the northbound flights. We purposely booked these seats - 4A and 4C- because I like the window and my husband prefers the aisle, because of some back issues. We were ready to board the flight back to Pittsburgh and we were called to the counter and asked for our boarding passes. They were ripped-up without an explanation! I asked what was happening and the gate agent said"Your seats have been changed" not we're sorry but we had to change your seats. I said we had paid extra for these particular seats and the gate agent said "You have no proof that you paid for those seats". I again asked why this was happening and they said "We have families with small children that need to be seated together." I said we purposely booked these seats they said "Too bad" and that my husband could sit in the back in an aisle seat! They moved us to seats 4E and 4F a middle and a window seat. Sitting next to the father of the "small children" I found out they were 10 and 12.Not what I would consider "small children"!! THey very well could have sat in seats 4D, 4E, and 4F and the father could have sat between my husband and me.!Then we realized they did not pay to sit in the Perks Plus seating!!! THis return trip from Mexico has left a "bad taste" in our mouths and we will be hesitant to book another Apple Vacation with Allegiant Airlines! We feel we should at least be reimbursed for the Perks Plus seating on the northbound flight not to mention paying an upgrade for our hotel room which we never got!!
        Marylee and Daneil Blough

Allegiant Airlineplane tickets refund $514.00 dollars

I bought tickets to go to Mesa AZ on Febuary11at 7.46pm-2019 had to cancel tickets because of bad weather-- Tickets were $514.00 Dollars for both tickets, they were round trip from Grand Island Nebraska to Mesa A Z on March 11th Flight 515 Alligaint Air Lines for Carrol Allen and JUDY Tuttle my wife, when i called in to cancel my tickets they charged me $100.00 dollars to cancel both tickets which i paid the Itinerary #7X24PQ return Fight was to be WED March 20 Flight 514 out of Gateway airport at12.16 pm. the flight out of Central Nebraska regional airport

Carrol V. Allen--[protected]-E-Mail [protected]@yahoo.com Address 2320 county rd 32
          GRINNELL Kansas can send a copy of tickets

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air — rude counter agent and over charge

on Jan. 11, 2019 I had a 1 way ticket from St. Pete's/Clearwater to Flint Bishop, Flint Michigan I was the...

Merrill

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air — policy change on emotional support animals in flight and rude personal.

My itinery number 7PDL6G on Dec 10th. I left Owensboro, Ky the Friday before 7th. I got to the airport 1.5hr...

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airflight

Yesterday, July 25, 2018, flight 676 from Orlando Sanford airport to Flint Bishop airport had a hard landing that caused me to experienced whiplash a few hours after getting home. I'll be seeing a doctor today about it unless the doctor has me go to urgent care. I've never experienced whiplash before. The plane hit the runway hard, and then slammed on brakes repeatedly 4 to five times, and my head went forward and back each time.

• Updated by Rory Dabney · Jul 26, 2018

Yesterday, July 25, 2018, flight 676 from Orlando Sanford airport to Flint Bishop airport had a hard landing that caused me to experwhiplash a few hours after getting home. I'll be seeing a doctor today about it unless the doctor. I've never experienced whiplash before.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airflight 1661

Our flight was boarded on time at 10:20 am
              We were in the air and the pilot came on intercom stating "there was a miscommunication between the mechanics, flight attendants" the landing gear was malfunctioning and we had to return to the airport.

We are still sitting here at 3:30 pm, because they cannot get the paperwork filled out to move the plane that is at door 7 to allow the plane that sent here to get this trip out!

We only get 7 days vacation, the return day is already a total lost as it leaves out at 7:30 sm on July 17th back to Fort !

So our 7 day vacation is now down to 5 days! And you give a $50 voucher? Please issue a $200.00 voucher to each of us to get another vacation in that isn't ruined!

Sincerely
              Mr and Mrs Robbins

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airunethical behavior

6.25.18
                My 16 year old daughter was flying alone to Texas. We arrived at the airport at 8:15 a.m. for a 10:15 a.m. flight. She went through security, checked her bag, everything. We sat all day, constant delays.
                Finally, around 6:00 p.m. the flight was cancelled. Great!
                Everyone would get a hotel voucher for the night. Problem was my child was 16 and she was not old enough to stay at a hotel. NO voucher.
                The person working for Allegiant her name was Brittanie-told me that she could not give me the voucher because my name wasn't on the ticket. She said that I had to pay up front and maybe get my money back for the hotel. I asked what if I don't have the money for a ticket.
                She said, "WELL, WHERE DID YOU GET THE MONEY FOR THE TICKET?"
                That was rude, wrong, unprofessional and just right down inappropriate for anyone to ask.
                I stood at the desk while she ran around trying to fix other things that happened...like your security not allowing a family of 5 to get on the plane heading to Florida, because they had been told because of a delay to come back in three hours only to be told that the other security had left for the day.
                In the meantime, your security let 6 people get on the plane as this woman's family was not allowed because as your security guard said, "I JUST CANNOT KEEP LETTING PEOPLE WALK IN OFF THE STREET TO GET ON THIS PLANE".
                I have never witnessed so many rude employees in my entire life.
                Now, back to my child.
                So, my question is-why is my child an adult in AIRPLANE WORLD-but not in HOTEL WORLD?
                You obviously need to fix your policy regarding how these situations are handled. You see, I do take care of my child. I would never leave her at an airport without knowing that she was in air flying.
                Is it common practice for parents to do that. Where would my daughter have gone had I not been there. Remember the "young adult" thing?
                I am horrified to think that some kid might be kicked out of the airport and left to survive on their own if a parent were not there.
                I want my money back for the hotel. I want the $15 that I paid to park the two days that I had to go to the airport. I want someone to figure out how to fix the situation with the young adult label.
                You have no idea as to how scared my child was after witnessing the staff and how they dealt with their customers.
                Oh wait, I did forget in your world she is an adult and should cope with it.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air — flight

This is the worst service I have ever seen in my life, they closed boarding only if you bought a ticket...

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air — unacceptable situation needing immediate attention

My name is Donna Roberts my family and I traveled from Peoria, IL via your airline on April 30, 2018 to La...

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airtravel

When Leaving the Gerald Ford Airport, we had to sit in plane, for almost an hour, because the crew placed wrong luggage into plane, and also wait one hour to board, unknown reason, and it made our flight one and a half hour late to fly to Fort Lauderdale airport, I had this experience on Allegiant for second time, in one year.

Will fly United from now on, this company is not professional at all. in their
                  treatment of customers.By the way this date was 12/27/17

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airdo not book hotel or rental car through them!

Prior to now, we've been pleased with our Allegiant experience. It's nice to find direct flights at reduced cost and though I've read some other passenger in-flight horror stories, we haven't had any issue with that. My daughter even remarked she likes the flight crew of Allegiant best because they are low-key, down to earth and fun.

We added a car rental with our last booking - something we hadn't done before and won't do again. The price wasn't the lowest found on the car rental but the cheap flight fare and convenience of 1-stop reservation management made the slightly higher car rental seem worth it.

Purchased Trip Flex because Stuff sometimes happens, only to find out the car rental was governed by a different cancellation policy and not the 1-hr prior to boarding of the flight fare (same with hotels). Since we were beyond the 24 hour mark, we had to pay the entire car rental fee for the 5 day trip. To say we feel deceived is an understatement.

I am told this is spelled out under Terms and Conditions, but it is still (intentionally) vaguely stated and I think a reasonably consumer assumption is that trip flex would cover the entire Allegiant booking -- but if not, that would be clearly stated up front. So it's a costly lessoned learned and maybe the budget factor of the airfare means they don't have to care about customer service like the bigger carriers.

But if you continue that approach, Allegiant, eventually you'll lose.

My advice? Never book hotel or car rental with your Allegiant flight. Maybe this is obvious to some folks out there but it wasn't to us so if someone else can benefit from our experience, that's enough. Booking.com match pricing for Hotels, has excellent customer service and Rentalcars.com has had the best rental car prices so far.

We thought it would be nice to have the reservations all in one easy-to-manage reservation and instead got burned badly by the vague trip coverage of an airline that should do much better than that for it's customers.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airat boarding, my daughter 17 was was called out...

My 17 year old was set to fly out Nov 22 2017 but her best friend was killed in a car crash involving a deer on Monday Nov 13 so we called to change the flight so she could attend the funeral Nov 18th. Well I paid 143 to make the changes on top of the initial purchase. At the gate as we waited to send her they called her name and said she could not travel. I said there is no way she can not travel and miss this final goodbye to her best friend. Rudely they said nothing can be done, mind you we only have a few minutes before departure. No help from the desk agents and my daughter is sobbing. I was in shock and pleading with the supervisor. She ignored us both and did not offer any other solutions.in my final attempt with frustration asked her when is the next return flight and so they frantically called and threw me on the plane with my daughter as an escort after forking out 384 dollars more. Their story was she would not be allowed to fly by herself because of weather. A fellow passenger mom said she would take care of her. I was willing to sign a waiver if needed.in the end they got 800 out of me for the purpose of flying my daughter and taking advantage of a dire situation with having seconds to get on the aircraft. So I flew to the destination and at the same gate got back on the same aircraft and headed back home. Now we have to deal with them again to make sure what they have in mind for her return flight on Sunday after Tgiving. I feel mistreated and robbed. Planning to report to the higher authorities because that is inappropriate business practice. We fly this airline a lot and so angry at the way they treated us. This happened at Sanford Orlando Nov 18th Gate 9 boarding crew and supervisor. None of them offered any solution to my problem and did not have geographical knowledge either to make an attempt to fly to an alternate place.

Allegiant Airlines — conditions on plane

I'm a frequent. User of allegiant airlines. When I boared plane this past july. When I say down noticed blood...

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airlast minute flight cancellation

This is my fourth attempt to reach out on the same query. Apart from getting an auto-reply I don’t see any useful response.
                        It’s been more than a month since my first complaint. This is really annoying..

I'm deeply disappointed and frustrated with all the tension I had to go through on sunday, the june 25th due to the cancellation of my oak las flight. Initially it was rescheduled from 1:28pm to 2:53pm and later the flight itself got cancelled. I had already reached oakland airport by then. I did not get proper assistance anywhere. I was put on hold for more than 1/2 an hour. There was no other flight available at oakland airport as everything got sold out. I had to finally catch jetblue fight from sfo airport at an exorbitant price of 180$ - one-way. I had to again pay for taxi (125$) to reach sfo airport.
                        I lost the entire sunday in all this flight confusion and landed late in the night due to which I even didn’t get the car that I had initially booked as my reservation got cancelled due to the delay and had to downgrade to a hatchback.
                        This is seriously not acceptable as I went through a chain of disastrous events all due to allegiant airlines not being on track. 175$ check will definitely not match all the worry I had to go through.

I want monetary compensation of 180+125 = 305$ for my jetblue flight and taxi.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Airdiscrimination towards customers in wheelchairs

I am writing this complaint in regards to an incident that happened on Sunday, July 16, 2017 at Trenton-Mercer Airport. My mother in law Dolores Costantini, confirmation # 6XSJ97, was flying home to Florida, flight number 1623 at 6:53 PM. We arrived at the airport at 5:00 where we waited in line to check her bag. We arrived at the desk and I stated to the employee that she needed a wheelchair to get to security and onto the plane. This was stated on her itinerary when I booked her flight. She rudely told me there was no one available to take her down to the terminal, however I could wheel her down and someone will be there to get her through security and onto the plane. So now I'm doing the job of an Allegiant employee. I take her down to security where the TSA agent tells us there is no one down there to take her through security and I have to get a pass to do it myself. I go back upstairs to get a pass and I need my license to do so. I have no ID with me since my husband drove and dropped us off and was waiting in the cell phone lot. Now, I have no way to get her though security and to the plane. At this point I am livid! There is nothing I can do at this point and no one at the airport or from Allegiant was willing to do anything either. Finally someone in line waiting to check in asked if she was going to Punta Gorda and I said yes so she pushed her through security out of the kindness of her heart. A total stranger had to do the job of an Allegiant employee because no one there was willing to do their job. Once she got through security, she thought someone from the airport was going to wheel her up the ramp. Not the case. She was told it was her problem that she wasn't there two hours ago when someone was there to assist her. First off, you don't board two hours in advance. They were being rude and mean to my poor disabled mother in law. Again, the kind person that wheeled her through security took her up the ramp and helped her board the plane. This incident is not over. I am writing to the ADA and the US Dept of Transportation. You offer wheelchair assistance, however it is not anyone at Allegiant's responsibility to get your customers on or off the plane. I will never book Allegiant again due to their total lack of competence, professionalism and discrimination towards the disabled.