Having problems with Spirit Airlines?

Spirit Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 15, 2007. The latest review Unauthorized Charge was posted on Jul 28, 2021. The latest complaint unauthorised charge of $69.95 and no way to contact customer service was resolved on Feb 01, 2019. Spirit Airlines has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 250 reviews. Spirit Airlines has resolved 52 complaints.

Spirit Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 006 1111 (Mexico)
+1 954 447 8010 (United States)
+1 801 401 2222 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 800 772 7117 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 954 698 0125 (Spirit Vacations)
+504 94 520 238 (Honduras)
+505 22 781 149 (Nicaragua)
+506 40 329 449 (Costa Rica)
+502 22 920 828 (Guatemala)
+507 836 7701 (Panama)
+503 21 130 326 (El Salvador)
+57 67 497 248 (Colombia)
+1 877 211 1546 (Jamaica)
+1 849 937 0808 (Dominican Republic)
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Spirit Airlines Customer Service. Initial Spirit Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Spirit Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Spirit Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Spirit Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Spirit AirlinesRefused me refund

I book a flight for my grand daughter and I to visit my daughter on Spirit airlines. We where ready and covid hit and our county (Marion County) Indianapolis, Indiana was shut down. Only essential personnel allowed on the roads. So I go to cancel and it tells me my only option is a credit. I apply and when they send me an email back I ask for a cash refund. They refuse saying they don't do that. So I rebook for just me hoping to use as much of the credit as I can. Had my flight booked for over a month. Get an email a month before I was to leave saying the cancelled both my flights no reason given. I look for another flight and every thing between Dec. 2-16 have been cancelled. Still they refuse to give me a refund even after they cancelled and would not help me find any other way there. Now I will miss my event and miss seeing my daughter who is a doctor and had cleared her schedule so we could spend time with me. Spirit treats there senior passenger horriblly.

Nov 10, 2020

Spirit Airlines — Refund of money for a cancelled flight

In March my granddaughter and I where to fly to see daughter. She was to pick us up in Las Vegas for the 2...

Sep 11, 2020

Spirit Airlines — Services

Worst ever!!! I purchased my plane ticket yesterday evening and due to personal reasons I tried to cancel it...

Spirit AirlinesWebsite

I got married on August 16th, 2020 I booked my flight before I got married thinking that I would be able to go to the social security office and DL to change my name, However due to COVID-19 the social security office is closed and requires you to mail in your DL, if I do that I will not be able to get on the plane so I request to change my last name as the one on my DL and I included my DL and marriage certificate, I received a response back that spirt only changes names in cases of marriage, divorce or other legal name change or spelling error which is what I submitted I contacted the customer number asked for a manager and the manager advised me there was nothing he could do I spoke with Warren agent number 95845 in South Africa at 5:01 after being on hold for 45 mins. I just want my last name corrected from Hill to Finley

Spirit AirlinesCharge on my card.

My name is Kenneth Nally.On 08/03/2020 I had an unauthorized charge from your company in the amount of $20.00. On my statement the charge Read's "Spirit Airlines onboard Irving Texas". I in no such way authorized any transaction from your company nor provided my credit card number or information to your company in any recent times. I did travel with Spirit Airlines back in July 2020 at which time I may have given my credit card information to pay some drink fees which was a month ago. I am requesting that you contact me back and make arrangements or return my money to my account from the unauthorized transaction immediately. You can reach me at phone number330-383-7646. Thank you

Spirit AirlinesOver charged and terrible experience

Went to Florida for a wedding got to the airport at 3 in the a.m. Plane left at 5:40 the shuttle took us to the wrong terminal sat on it for an hour when we arrived they wouldn't let us board them charged us 200 to switch our flight to the next one which put us running behind and the plane had to stop for gas because the incompetent pilot didn't have enough gas to make it and we sat on the plan for 3 hours missing our ride and the wedding as well as having to rent a car and being stuck in Florida for three days because I'm not paying another 100 to switch my fight. Been on the phone for two hours with people that are no help won't let me speak with a supervisor or hang up. Offered me a 50 credit which is ridiculous!

Spirit AirlinesAnnual membership to $9 club

I enlisted in the $9 membership club a few years ago. I don't remember reading about an automatic renewal, which them as many other providers use it to prey on people's memories and make a buck (it should be illegal for them and any other provider to have automatic renewals without prior notification).
          When I saw the charge in my credit card, I immediately contacted spirit airlines to cancel and request a refund. I did so both through their numbers on file, and messaging service, but it was impossible to get through a life agent.
          Now with covid, when most people can't even fly because of the global pandemic and I can't fly because of cancer treatment, I find it shameful that spirit airlines would still charge without prior notification and then refuse to refund the membership fee. They claim that I agreed to it when I signed up several years ago, but that seems like a lame excuse under the present circumstances.
          Shame on you spirit airlines!!!

Spirit AirlinesFraudulent Charge

I was charged $69.95 on 3/20/20 by Spirit Airlines for an alleged Signature debut/SPIRIT AIR [protected] MIRAMAR FL Date 03/12/20 [protected] 0 3260 Card 8111. I never authorized or signed up for a Visa card or that alleged transaction from Spirit. As soon as I noticed the transaction, I reported my debit card number stolen to my bank McCoy Federal Credit Union and they refunded the money to my account and issued me a new debit card. They investigated the charge. Somehow Spirit disputed and my bank reversed my refund and I got stock with a $69.95 on a transaction that I never made or authorized at all. I need a refund of my money immediately. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com.

Spirit AirlinesFraud

I flew Spirit back in March. Today, May 8th, 2 different charges were charged to my bank account. 1 for $16.00 and another for $21.00. Spirit Airlines onboardirving txus. I've never been to Texas. I did some research to find out this is fraud. These transactions were not authorized. I recently lost my job due to Covid19 and need my money! Please address this situation. Otherwise, I'll have to report this to fraud

Spirit AirlinesCannot cancel my $9 travel club membership

Spirit airlines customer service is non existent, I have unsubscribed my $9 membership, have sent numerous emails, been on the phone, never getting a customer service agent. I keep getting charged $69.95 on my credit card, second year this has happened. I even changed my card number, but the charge still came thru. Sent another email tonight, maybe i'll get a reply.

Spirit AirlinesBilling charge

On 1/30/20 I was charged $69.95 by Spirit on My Citi/Costco credit card.

After many attempts to talk to someone at Spirit and VERY long holds, I will try this method before I dispute the charge with my Credit Card company!

I am guessing that this is some sort of membership club renewal that I did not authorize and will not pay!!

If you do not respond to this note in 7 days, I will dispute and NOT pay the charge.
                  Thanks.

Feb 03, 2020

Spirit Airlines — refund not received, unethical behavior during flight connection and missed connection

We had a horrendous experience with Spirit Airlines, on January 27, 2020, returning from Cancun to New York...

Spirit Airlinesflight confirmation # scyujp

For 25 years I work with Robert Gibson @ Ford Motor Company. Robert has been married three times in his life, with his last divorce three years ago. Robert lives alone, he has three kids that lives in the northern part of the state approximately a 4 hour drive away. Basically, Robert is a loaner who I have lunch with him approximately twice a month.
                    During Lunch two months ago Robert told me he met a new female friend who lives in Houston, Texas, and he communicate with her by Texting every night and this has been going on for over 4 months. Expressed a deep desire to visit his new friend but he didn't have the money. As a friend, I surprised Robert with this plane ticket to Houston to meet his new dream. Robert's kids heard about this new friend and investigated her. They found this mystery woman was a Hoax, she didn't exist. They told their father of their finding and for his safety he is not going to Houston. I'm asking for Credit for this ticket, to be used this dollar amount toward a future trip.

Dec 05, 2019

Spirit Airlines — unethical behavior

On 11/28/2019 (Thanksgiving Day) my fiancé and I were scheduled to depart Philly at 11:45 am. We were at our...

Spirit Airlineschecked baggage fees

Paid for baggage online when airline reservation was made (Spirit $9 Club). At the time of actual travel, only one bag was checked instead of 4 (2 checked/2 carry on - $240 total fees). Agent at counter instructed us to contact Spirit for refund.

Response from Spirit when called for refund - NO REFUND because it was purchased online through the $9 Club. We paid $240 for 2 separate trips (open legs) totaling $480 for 1 checked bag of luggage.

I have NEVER encountered such absurdity and ROBBERY in all of my LIFE!!! I will NEVER fly Spirit again and I will spread the word on the lack of Customer Service this pathetic company had.

Spirit AirlinesCancelled flight

10/26/2019
                        Flight 880, confirmation number a8jcxl from msp to new orleans was cancelled (spirit claims it was due to a power outage at the new orleans airport) yet other airlines are still flying there with no delays... Hmmmmm. We were notified 4 hours before departure time. I had to call customer service for assistance. They said I could drive to another airport in order to catch another spirit flight (hmmmm... I thought there was a power outage), I could take a credit (not a chance!!!), or I could get a refund. They refused to book us on another airline that was flying to new orleans because "its not their policy". I want the cost of my replacement tickets reimbursed ($465) since spirit can't seem to get their act together. This was going to be our first flight on spirit... Now we will never be spirit customers!!! Fly delta... They are reliable!!

Spirit Airlinescharge on credit card

Hi,
                          I live in Qatar and traveled to the US or used Spirit Airways ever in my life. Today I got a charge on my credit card of USD 468.58 got who knows what. Please guide me on the steps to get the charge reversed. The process has already been started with my bankers but it's going to take 3-4 months for a resolution and I will be paying interest for no reason all this time.

Spirit Airlinesbags

CONFIRMATION CODE DL2KUB
                            BOOKING DATE Sunday, September 29, 2019
                            I buy a ticket to LA, California with justify.com I finished making the ticket purchase on the same page pay for the suitcase I m taking . I was charged the total of $100.00.
                            I know that if you buy at the same instant for the suitcase the price is less. I look forward to your prompt response
                            Jorge A. Vega
                            [protected]
                            [protected]@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2019

Spirit Airlines — lost bag

Very disappointed. I have been flying Spirits very often. At the beginning of the year I flew into ecuador...

Sep 13, 2019

Spirit Airlines — seating

I am at Fort Lauderdale airport flying to Hartford Connecticut and flight number 162. As a broad shouldered...