The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sonic Drive - In — reply to all sonic complaints
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
For all those who file complaints against sonic drive-in locations-
1. All sonic locations are not owned by the corporation.
In fact, few locations actually are. Most are franchised locations which are independent of the company with the exception of branding, recipes, and marketing. That being said, each drive-in is going to differ based upon the ownership and the general manger in place.
2. All locations are not the same.
There are quite a few locations which are run exclusively "by the book" if you will. These particular locations have excellent service and great food. One thing that definitely helps with customer service is to know exactly what you want before you even consider pressing that pretty red button.
3. You can complain against any one location by calling a simple and easy-to-remember phone number.
The call is free and your next order will most likely be free (To an extent) as well. That number is simple:
This is the number for the customer service hotline which is offered through the coca-cola corporation. These are the same people that will take your complaints from wendy's, mcdonald's, or any other location serving coca-cola products.
A few little-known facts about the chain:
-sonic does not offer, nor do they endorse, warming lamps of any kind. Fries and tater-tots are to by kept for no longer than 5 minutes under a thermal glass lamp that looks exactly like a thermal glass cook top or stove. It is very hot and keeps those tots extra crispy for your enjoyment.
-our burgers and all other items are kept for no longer than 30 minutes. Don't get upset! If you like wendy's then you should know that they have been using this technology for years before us. It is called "infrared heating equipment". This equipment functions like some modern-day microwaves. There is a sensor located in this state of the art machine that measures the moisture inside a particular pan. When the product is no longer up to standard, it is discarded.
-most locations follow the "if you wouldn't eat it, don't send it out" policy. We do not ever serve anything off of the floor. All of our items are preserved at safe temperatures which prohibit the growth of bacteria and food-born illnesses.
-all locations must follow a strict sonic-safe policy that is endorsed and enforced by an independent organization known as "nsf" (National safety foundation). Each location in every state undergoes two rigorous audits each year where an inspector investigates all parts of the store and normal daily operations. The inspections are random and the store does not know when the inspector will arrive.
Most locations strive for great customer service and realize that the guests are who pay the employee wages. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly or that the location just isn't up to par, please call 1-800-ok-sonic and report the establishment directly to the big dogs. I assure you that every complaint is heard by numerous persons. The complaint process will go like this:
1. Call and speak to the representative.
2. Possibly receive coupons.
3. Rep. Files a categorized complaint which is sent first to the corporate office, second to the store owner, and last to the store manager.
4. Depending on the severity of the complaint, the owner will inspect the location. If the situation is bad enough, sonic corporate sends out either a regional representative or regional vice-president to handle the situation. If the location is too bad out of shape, sonic does what is called a full operational assessment where they come in with a full team of certified trainers. Each and every employee and manager is observed for one full week. During a second week, they are all retrained. A follow-up assessment decides whether to revoke the locations operating agreement with sonic or leave the location open.
Hope that all helps.
-a friendly sonic supervisor