Sleepy'sSAGGY EXPENSIVE MATTRESS

In July 2007, my husband and I were in the market for a very nice mattress. We wanted something super comfortable and long lasting. We decided on a Sleepy's pillow top with a cost of over $3000.00. Clearly we thought our expensive, plush mattress would bring us comfortable, restful nights for many years to come. WRONG! Despite turning our mattress as per recommended schedule, it began sagging after two years. My husband began waking up with sore shoulders and scapular discomfort, and I with a sore back. After attempting to nurse our ailments to no avail, we consulted with a chiropractic orthopoedist, who said our problems were due to our mattress. I called Sleepy's and had the mattress inspector come out to the house. First of all, she never even sat on the bed, let alone experience the sinking ship feeling when you lie down. All she did was take pictures and measure the pillow top. Needless to say Sleepy's said the measurements do not warrant a replacement. Quite honestly, I wouldn't take another Sleepy's mattress if you gave it to me. My husband and I have since moved to the spare bedroom on a super mattress called the Englander from Bedding Barn. The chiro was right! Our physical discomforts have dissipated and so has any future business with Sleepy's. I have since replaced my other Sleepy's mattresses that I furnished my real estate properties with, to Bedding Barn mattresses. Bottom line, Sleepy's sells crap mattresses, regardless of the price. They don't stand by their product and they're not customer service oriented.

John Hag Aug 21, 2016

My wife and I purchased a Stearns & Foster Mattress from Sleepys is Saugus Massachusetts. It is a pillow top so the hole I sleep in every night is not as pronounced in photos as it is when sleeping in the bed. Again my inspection was just shy of the 1.5 inches required for a return. However when sleeping in the bed the impression is many inches deep. My back and hip are in pain each night and require constant turning and rolling. When speaking to customer service the representative gave me his number and extension to call him from the store and they would give me a "substantial" discount on a new mattress. When the sales person from the store called the representative he told me the customer service representative I dealt with was not working that day. (a bold lie) So I called the customer service guy myself and he picked up the phone on the first ring. What a string of lies followed that. It was clear at that point they had no intention of treating me fairly or honestly. They were only trying to sell me another overpriced low quality mattress. I do hope the Stearns & Foster company sees this review and becomes aware a retailer is ruining their brand name. I will tell everyone I know not to go to sleepys or to purchase Stearns & Foster. I am sure this post will cost both companies a lot more in the long run than if they just treated me with honesty and respect. John H.

• Un
    UnhappyCustomer-2014 Sep 13, 2014

I have had the same experience. How do so
    Many mattresses manage to sag 1-3/8" and not be covered under warranty? Perhaps someone from Sleepys should attempt to get a decent nights sleep with a divot in their mattress which does get much deeper after it warms up from someone laying on(in divot) on it. I'm not asking for anything I wasn't promised when I spent all this money for a Kings Down Mattress that cost me a pretty penny. I bought it due to the comfort and warranty and now I'm just in misery! Sleepys needs to stand behind their products sold and follow up as promised after an inspection. I had to call to get these bogus results!

• Jm
    J Martens May 23, 2014

I have had the same experience. We spent over $2000 on a new mattress set 5 years ago and noticed significant sagging in the first year. We both have "valleys" that we fall into despite turning the mattress regularly. We lived with it until recently, when the back and hip pain I felt upon awakening caused me to take pain relievers on a regular basis. I called regarding the warranty and was told they would send out an independent third party mattress inspector to investigate. She came and took pictures and measurements with a collapsible stick. This was in the middle of the day so there is no accounting for the impressions in the mattress once a body has been in it for even a minute. I was told verbally the measurements were showing as 1 3/8" - and of course the warranty indicates a 1 1/2" sag is considered defective. I was told the results would be available in 7-10 days. Having heard nothing after 17 days, I called and was told only that "the mattress met manufacturers standards." Nothing more. I shared that I was told by the inspector the sag measured 1 3/8", and that I would be calling back in a month, and every month after that, for additional inspections, as I was certain the mattress would quickly sag an additional 1/8", and was told they only will do one mattress inspection every 12 months. I requested a copy of the report, and also the name and contact information of the third party inspector. I was told the inspection was done by a company called Bed Check and they were located in New Milford, CT where I live. I Googled that company and came up with NO results. The inspector was not from my town, but somewhere in the middle of the state. This whole thing sounds very fishy to me and after reading about others' experiences, I am contemplating a call to the better business bureau and possibly one of our local television news investigative reporters.

SarahB7 Sep 06, 2011

I too have bought a mattress from Sleepy's just over a year ago that has already started to sag. They did the inspection and told me my right box spring is defective and that would cure the sag in the mattress. (Are they kidding?)They were willing to replace the right box spring with the delivery fee of $89!!! I decided to wait the 60 days for the 2nd inspection and was given the same results. The sag in my mattress after less than 1 year came to 1-1/4 inch and needed to be at 1-1/2 inch to be considered defective. I fall into the "crater" size whole while I am sleeping and end up changing positions so often during the night I never get a good nights sleep. Not to mention the fact that when I wake up I am sleeping sideways on the mattress to avoid ending in a whole that I can't get out of. Sleepy's informed me that even if my mattress was defective they would only be able to replace the mattress and not give me my money back, as if I would purchase another mattress from them. However now I am out the $1400 it cost me to get this original mattress. I really wish they would stop calling themselves the mattress professionals!!!

• Sl
    SLEEPYS Aug 04, 2009

Good afternoon, my name is Melissa and I am a Customer Relations Representative at Sleepy’s LLC. It has been brought to our attention that you filed a complaint online and we would like to offer assistance to you. I understand this is a public website and ask that you contact me directly at [email protected] and provide your account information so we may further address your situation.

We look forward to hearing from you, so we may expedite resolution to your situation.

Regards,

Melissa
    Sleepy’s LLC

• Co
    Cooper's grandmother Jul 15, 2009

Re: Sleepy's Mattress. What brand of mattress did you buy? We bought a Serta Vera Wang Bouquet Euro top mattress in October 2007 and we have had terrible impressions. An inspector came and our warranty was denied stating that we had "slight impressions"...We had an attorney send a letter to the store where we bought the mattress and they just responded. We can exchange this mattress with another one for 1, 500.00 - mattress only. My husband and I have had terrible back pain, and the impressions are really horrible. We are so happy that they are giving us credit...however, we are concerned about having this problem again and I am still confused on what causes these impressions... I spoke to a Serta rep yesterday and she said my problem was the Euro top...she suggested to get another Vera Wang mattress but with a plush top... With your response about having problems with the plush mattress I am worried again... Can anyone recommend a comfortable soft Serta mattress that does not give impressisons? Small impressions would be acceptable...but my husband is sleeping in a valley!!