Skechersshoes fall apart

U Review updated:

Sketchers are sooo expensive and I used to buy them 3 years ago for my kids - they would actually last the entire school year.
But in the last few years they have been falling apart with VERY POOR quality!
I bought some for the whole family this summer and two pairs look old and the shoe lace backings are falling off.

I guess because all these shoes are made in China they are just CHEAP and not worth the price.

Bottom Line: Buy another brand; I am switching even though my kids really like the shoes (because of all the $$$$ they spend in advertising and targetting our kids).

• Do
    Don In Mississippi Mar 30, 2011

I too have a complaint about the quality of Sketcher Shoes. I bought a pair 6 months ago and they have already fallen apart behind the heal, nothing left but the plastic frame. I contacted the company and was for all practical purposes called a liar. I spent a month almost trying to deal with the company being as professional as possible just to be insulted. This problem was not due to wear but poor quality of the product. So my advise to anyone thinking of investing ( that's what it is being the price you pay ) look at other brands. To Sketcher's Company if you read this remember you brought this complaint on yourself for not doing the right thing and backing your product inorder to save a loyal customer. Don in Mississippi, this is only the beginning Sketcher's.

• Vi
    VICKIE TURNER Jun 25, 2011

WELL BOUGHT MY SHAPE UPS LAST YEAR DIDN'T GET TO WEAR THEM UNTILL MAY CAUSE OF THE SNOW WAS WALKING MY DOG UP HILL WHEN I GOT TO THE TOP MY RIGHT HEAL WAS HURTING BAD IT FELT REALLY BAD IT TORN THE LIGAMENTS IN THE PROCESS OF MEDICAL ATTENTION WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK OR ANOTHER STYLE THAT IS SAFE TO WEAR SHOE STILL BRAND NEW SPENT ALOT OF MONEY FOR THEM HAVE SOME OF THE OTHER STYLES NEVER A COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM VICKIE TURNER

• Do
    Doreen Lim Sep 11, 2013

I also have the same problem. The quality was so bad and last year I had bought 2 pairs of sketcher's shape up with RM399 per pair in Malaysia. I weared a few time only the shoe lace are broken. I have asked the branches whether can repair but they said cannot repair. Regret to purchase as I thought the quality will improve as I known past few years this already been happened but others brand with the same age still look good.

• Bi
    Birdwire May 16, 2017

Don't buy sketchers if you don't have money to throw away! I bought 2 pair of luxefoam sandals. They both had the soles flopping off in front and back. I bought them during the cooler season (Florida) and put them away in my closet to wear in Spring. What a mistake because now I can't take them back. Sketchers used to have a good product but not anymore! Save your money! I'll never buy sketchers again. Cheap Cheap Cheap.

John Boggi Sep 15, 2019

To the Skecher Company I recently purchased a pair of Black RelaxedFit sneakers. I've only [censored] them less then 8 times and the in soles are coming a part. I submitted photos.

John Boggi

John Boggi Oct 07, 2019

Dear Skechers Company this is the second email I've sent about the Skechers RelaxedFit Air Cooled Memory Foam sneakers and not heard a response back. The purchase I made online from DSW. In the first week wearing the sneakers the insoles in both sneakers are coming a part. See photos for further information

• Co
    Cozad Dec 25, 2019

Lori Cozad
    [protected]
    Buckeye Az

Wore the New Shoes.. one Day and Sprained My Ankel I am out of work 12 plus Days..Shoes should not sprain Ankels never had that happen to me me with shoes!!! 2nd picture 5 Days later black/blue swallow Hurts..still not Back to work sent back the shoes

• Ca
    Caroline Vaughan Powell Oct 26, 2020

I bought a pair of Sketchers Shape-Ups for my husband. He tried them on, wore them around the house and then they disappeared into his closet, never to be worn again. When COVID hit, that gave us more time at home and he went through his closet and got a big pile of stuff to get rid of & the Sketchers were in the pile, still new in their box. It had been too long to take them back to the store and stores were all closed anyway so I sold them on eBay. The buyer sent a message when they received them telling me that they received them, wore them out to take a walk around the block and that the soul of the shoe just disintegrated and fell off. I contacted Sketchers and they refused to help with a replacement. Only offered a coupon for 30% off another pair. I will never buy Sketchers again. If they don't believe in their own product enough to stand behind the pair of shoes, why should I spend even 70% of my hard earned money to buy their cheaply made shoes again? Not to mention, I am not only out the original cost of the shoes but also selling fees, shipping fees & having to refund the buyer in full for selling a defective product.