Singapore Airlinescheck in baggage security

C

For the first time in my life I was called to open my check in baggage after it got checked in.
I was traveling from Chennai to Singapore flight no: SQ529 on 16th Jun, 2017. My name was announced. Firstly, from the announcement, I could only decipher my name and nothing else. So I did not understand what the announcement was for. I approached the security to find out why the name was called. After about 20 minutes, the attendant ushered me to the check in baggage area and on the way was asking me if I was carrying any powder. I was shocked by that question.
I opened my baggage and a police officer was called to check. The whole ambience made me feel I am a criminal. I got insulted. What I was carrying was small bottle shaped chocolates which I had with me from Singapore itself . At Singapore, I did not have any problems. I was doubted in Chennai.
What conclusion I can draw is that:
1. The checking officer is not educated that such a chocolate exist.
2. The surveillance system is not sophisticated to identify bottle shaped chocolates.

This kind of experience causes trauma to innocent passengers like me. Thank God I had the time. If I did not have time, I would have got panic Attack and the officials would not have released my check in baggage if I had not approached them.
My request is to improve your systems and educate your staff with different kind and shapes of products. And also train the attendants to improve communication.
- Caral Grace Koshy