Singapore Airlines Logo

Singapore Airlines

Having problems with Singapore Airlines?

1800 742 3333 (United States)
131 011 (Australia)
800 808 909 (New Zealand)
+65 62 238 888 (Singapore)
+44 844 800 2380 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 710 722 (Ireland)
+43 15 134 655 (Austria)
+31 205 488 888 (Netherlands)
+49 697 195 200 (Germany)
+41 442 186 161 (Switzerland)
+852 25 202 233 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 568 888 (Philippines)
+27 216 740 601 (South Africa)
+82 27 551 226 (South Korea)
+66 23 536 000 (Thailand)
Airline House, 25 Airline Road

PO Box 4290, Auckland CBD, Auckland

Denmark
Grønnegade 3, 1st Floor, 1107 Copenhagen K, Denmark

China
Unit 4303, 43rd Floor, Beijing Yin Tai Center Tower C, № 2 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Beijing 100022, China

Hong Kong

3rd Floor, Sanclare Building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont, Cape Town

South Korea
16F, OCI Bldg, 94 Sogong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea, 04532

Thailand
31st Floor, Sathorn Square Office Tower, 98 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Singapore Airlines.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 06, 2019

Singapore Airlines — flights, seating, overcharging, lost luggage etc.

Below is the text of a letter I sent to Singapore Airlines on their 'Contact Us' form on 9th October. Thi...

Singapore Airlinesflight delayed by 7 hours on 23rd october 2019 london heathrow to singapore

Dear Sirs,
We wish to complain about our flight SQ317 being delayed by 7 hours on 23rd October 2019. The flight was suppose to depart at 11.25am from London Heathrow to Singapore arriving at 7.30am, but instead it departed at 18.30pm therefore we lost a full day in Singapore. We were very disheartened as we were only going there for 3 nights and had planned our itinerary in Singapore in advanced as it was our first visit there, but instead we arrived in the evening and could not do anything as planned.
We hope that you can provide some sort of compensation for the inconvenience caused and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours faithfully,
Waheeda Bungsraz and Roshan Bungsraz
Email- [protected]@gmail.com
Tel - [protected]
Mobile- [protected]

Singapore Airlinesstolen item in the airplane ref:s-[protected]

Upon getting off the plane (business class) in Singapore with two children and my husband who is disabled, I realized that I left my backpack behind. We were the last ones to leave the plane due to my husband's condition. He is paralyzed and had to be placed on a special wheelchair in order to fit through the narrow corridor. I informed the Singapore Airlines staff about having left my bag inside and was told that my bag would be brought over to the business lounge. I was under a lot of stress with the kids and my husband's condition and didn't insist on returning to get the bag. My bag was brought over but my laptop and cash was stolen. I informed the authorities who made me fill in endless forms and treated me as if I was at fault for forgetting my backpack (attached is the police report). It has been 4 months now. I received an email from the police stating that they have "exhausted all their resources in search for my stolen item". Singapore Airlines isn't willing to compensate as I did not have travel insurance. My Laptop and Cash got stolen inside the Singapore Airlines airplane. I paid a lot of money for those Business Class seats. I didn't lose or left it outside the airplane. It is the airline company's responsibility to provide a safe journey. I do not think that I need travel insurance to cover for items that are stolen inside the plane by the staff that the company is hiring.

I would like to be compensated for my loss by Singapore Airlines.

stolen item in the airplane ref:s-[protected]

Singapore Airlineslost items

Lost my wallet on my travels with Singapore Airlines. After finding the lost and found (an extend affair trying to find it) the lost and found number never answers. Sent and email.

Later had a phone call from Singapore Airlines Australia saying the had my item and it would be returned upon my return voyage which it was.

Lost and found team finally and subsequently responded from "Lost and Found Team". (Love the personal touch). Advising my item had not been found.

The whole SATS Lost & Found Team experience was exhausting. If you can find a viable contact method as the phone number is never answered. Not that I would suggest contacting them is purposefully difficult. Impersonal, unhelpful and in the end a redundant exercise.

Kind regards

Jon Taylor - an actual person.

Singapore Airlinesfood service

My name is vanna lim (my phone number [protected]) I took flight from melbourne to singapore on 27 oct 2019 my flight no. sq238 my seat no. 32e...
        The flight attendant did not serve me the hot tower for the first time... and second time she did not serve me the food again... she did not pay attention to me as I took out the tray and waiting for her to ask me what food I want... but she did not ask and look at me at all... this is my first bad experience with sia since 1995... (I always flight singapore since 1995) in the air I went to complaint the gentleman name himself as the manager told me that, she (the flight attendant) jsut start work today... the first day of her job... this kind of excuse is not acceptable for me... I am not very happy and very disappointed with this service, it is really pain my heart... I might tell that I am very angry...

Singapore Airlinesrefund approved may 2019 still not received

My husband son and I were booked to travel in June 2019 to UK with Singapore Airline from Perth Australia to Manchester his Singapore. Unfortunately my husband had to have urgent triple heart bypass surgery in May and so we sent Singapore Airlines a letter from his surgeon and Singapore Airline approved us for a refund straight away due to the medical emergency. Since that time we have been engaged in a continuing chain of emails and phone calls to both Singapore Airlines and eDreams (the agent) to try to get our over $5000 refund or to rebook new flights for June 2020. This has been so stressful and the worry of loosing all that money which Singapore Airlines is still holding is keeping me awake at nights. I am so worried qe may never get this money back. Please Singapore Airlines will you just treat us like valued customers and assist us to bring this issue to a resolution, we just want to book flights for next year and take our severely disabled son on the holiday we promised him to visit family in the UK. We are retirees and cannot afford to just write off $5000. It's a small fortune to us. Please please help. It just takes one person in customer service to make this their sole responsibility to bring this complaint to a satisfactory conclusion. Please don't make this go on indefinitely. Kind regards Hughes family, Perth Australia

Singapore Airlinescancellation of flight number sq6899

I booked this flight from UK to attend an important conference of Peadistric Anaesthesia in Brisbane on 16th of October.
            I booked this flight for me and my husband to attend the conference at 8.30am. The flight was scheduled to leave at 7am from Melbourne and was cancelled without informing us. We came to the airport at 6am to catch the flight and we were asked take 10am flight even there was an another flight at 9am to Brisbane. We missed the best part of the conference as we reached at 12 pm. We paid $1800 to this conference from UK. This is very unsatisfactory and we need to be paid compensation as we could not be in the conference at 8.30am. There was no courtesy to inform us by email or text that flight was cancelled. I really appreciate if I get an reply as soon as possible.
            Dr T M Peiris
            Consultant Ananesthetist
            Luton and Dunstable University Hospitals
            UK.
            My Mobil [protected]
            Email [protected]@yahoo.com

Singapore Airlinesservice and everything

Fm booking of tix to boarding plane was all mispresented. I paid SQ price for my Biz trip but I got budget treatment. I chosen SQ to Air China cos I rather paid high price for SQ.SQ5136 was mispresented, I was at departure on 17/10 & showed MI936 not SQ5136.plane was small, hv smell. Lunch only porridge as no other choice. Youtiao was oily &hard, porridge not hot. They are served us hospital food .When my fren asked for biscuit as she didn't take the food, crew say no biscuit. This is bad.Why I paid SQ price and get worst than budget treatment. Ask for tea, came w/o creamer n sugar. Asked n came later, then w/o teaspoon. Ask again, crew didn't bring to me. I drank the tea w/o creamer n sugar fast as tea was not hot.The crew was not happy when ask 2nd time for creamer n sugar.this is the 1st time I gotten very bad experience for SQ. Pics SQ but worst than budget treatment. I'm complaining for mispresentation when booking tix. Refund my fare for return SQ5135return on 20/10.air China is better if I compared this kind of treatment with SQ.i paid SQ price but worst than budget treatment, the hospital food, crew service n plane. The worst plane I ever took.

service and everything

Singapore Airlinescompensation for unpleasant travel from singapore to delhi flight sq 403 on 13th oct’19.

13th Oct'19

Customer Service Manager
                Singapore Airline,
                New Delhi.

Dear Sir,

Sub: Compensation for unpleasant Travel from Singapore to Delhi Flight SQ 403 on 13th Oct'19.

I traveled on flight no. SQ 402 from Singapore to Delhi, seat number 53 A, I was given very discomfort travel experiences due person seated next to me with twin kids. Starting journey from Singapore itself I put a request / complaint to aircraft crew members including Ms. Rachel & her team to either change my seat or do some arrangement to have my comfort seating.

During my compete travel I did not seat comfortably on my seat & travel without having a dinner due to so much of disturbance from person seated to me on 53B, 53 C.

Due to long & discomfort travel I fallen in seek & would be needing time to recover. I missed to attend important event with my family on Sunday due to bad health.

I experienced physical as well as mental strain due to this travel experiences.

I am lodging my protest both for unprofessional treatment and my claim for financial reimbursement of my Air Tickets cost from Singapore to Delhi.

The copy of the boarding passes is enclosed. Your earliest response and action on above will be appreciated.

Thanking you.

Yours truly,

Baban Kumar

Singapore Airlinesstroller broken by singapore airlines

I recently flew from San Francisco via Singapore to Coimbatore on 9th October 2019,

On arriving in the Coimbatore, my stroller was broken and non-functional.

I believe that ever since it had been in cargo on your plane, it is completely broken and believe it was damaged by the airlines handing and damaging my stroller.

Please could you advise of my options for this complaint and forward this email to the correct avenue if this is the not most appropriate complaints line.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Kind regards,
                  Jeevitha

Singapore Airlinesticket

I requested our ticket for Manila going Heathrow and back on May1 2019 to be rebooked for April 25-May8, 2020. However, when I called your ofc, resa said dates chosen do not appear yet on your system so I was asked to call back end of May 2019. When i called the 2nd time, still said dates are not yet appearing. And so It slipped my mind and only this OCT i remembered calling. Resa said our tickets are FORFEITED.
                    This is just so unfair because I was making the booking and it was your system that failed to open the dates i requested. I hope you can review my case and give consideration. I have very high regard for this airline but now, I am completely frustrated at how you treat your customers. I paid 78k for these tickets.

ticket

Singapore Airlinesdamaged luggage

On 19 June 2019 I arrived in Singapore by SQ37 from Los Angeles to realise my Rimowa Salsa Air 32 inch luggage was indented n broken near the wheel.

I filed for a claim and was told the luggage cannot be repaired and the compensation is $500 and I cannot take my luggage back after the audit. Since the day I filed for a claim, I had been seeking high and low to get this same Salsa Air model luggage. However I was told this model Salsa Air is already discontinued. Moreover my luggage is the biggest size of the Salsa Air and I can never buy back the same luggage. I really like this luggage a lot as it is light and big.

Finally on 30 Aug 19 I made a difficulty decision to accept the compensation. On 3 Sept I called SAT to ask for direction to collect $500 cash in T2 from SATS lost and found department. At the same time I told the staff over the phone how I wish I could get my luggage back after the audit and she told me to write an appeal email to saa_feedback which I did immediately. She even gave me the marketing company's contact no to ask about my luggage.

On 6 Sept I sent another email to remind to look into the matter. However on 8 Sep I received a call from the same staff that gave me the email address to appeal. She told me that my luggage was being disposed. I wrote another email to express my disappointment and sadness that my favourite luggage had been disposed even when I was still waiting for a reply from SIA and that I have not even claimed the $500 cash.

In my 8 Sep email I asked if I were to claim from insurance company, I wonder if they would also compensate me and throw away my luggage? But no reply from anyone. I decided to call the marketing company on 25 Sept and was told by a lady staff that from the system my luggage was not audited yet. I was pleasantly surprise and that gave me hope that I could appeal to get my luggage back.

I decided than to make a trip to T2 SATS lost and found department on 30 Sept. I thought I could get my $500 first and in the meantime they could check the whereabout of my luggage. But was told I need to sign the indemnity form before I can get the compensation. I decided I would not receive the money since I was told the luggage was not audited yet. As I was about to leave, the staff informed me that my luggage was disposed by the marketing company and asked if I wanted to collect the cash. As my husband was waiting for me outside the terminal hall and he was rushing for another appointment, I decided to go back first. The moment I reached office, I called the marketing company, this time a gentleman told me it could be in the storeroom and he told me that he would give me a call back after checking. However, the staff from SATS called me instead to inform me that the marketing staff may have made a mistake. On that same afternoon, I received an email from SATS to inform me to complete the Release and Indemnity Form before SIA can process the payment and that it would take 3 to 4 weeks for payment to be process upon receipt of the completed form and the damaged bag will be retained by SQ.

I replied the email and requested a thorough investigation and explanation. I decided that I want my luggage back since the marketing company told me that my luggage could still be in the storeroom. On 1 Oct SATS staff in her email mentioned that she has referred to SIA on my request and would revert to me upon their advice.

On 8 Oct, I received a call from SATS manager. She told me that my luggage was disposed. I was very upset and I emailed to ask the staff how could the marketing company threw my luggage immediately I called on 30 Aug and would want her to explain why the marketing co mentioned that my bag was not audited yet and that it could still be in the storeroom. Moreover, she was the one who gave me the telephone no and suggested that I appeal. I mentioned to her I will not sign any indemnity form and would like her to credit the compensation to my account. Again I was asked to sign the indemnity and release form before SIA can process the payment.

My questions are :

1) Is there any right to dispose my luggage before I sign the indemnity and release form? Moreover I have not even received the compensation.

2) How is it the luggage can be disposed so fast before I receive the $500?

3) Why must it be 3 to 4 weeks to process payment when my luggage can be thrown away in a matter of 3 days?

4) Why did the marketing company mentioned in two occasions by two different staff that the luggage is not audited and that it could still be in the storeroom whereas the SATS staff kept saying it has been disposed?

4) Why the lack of response and reply despite numerous calls and emails to SIA?

I was truly disappointed with Singapore Airlines handling this incident.

damaged luggage

Singapore Airlinesservices

Dear Sir/ mdm,

I recently took a long haul flight from HK Sin Ldn and Ldn sin HK. The flight from HK to Sin was pleasant but the flight from UK to Sin, Sin to HK on 29 Sep was not very pleasant.

From UK to Sin, I sat at seat 61K, SQ319
                        1)The folding cup tray was stuff with trash from the previous passenger and whoever that was supposed to clean the seat did not clear the trash!. The seat next to me also had the same problem. It was not very hygienic.

2)To make things worse, I went to the bathroom before take-off and when I lifted the toilet seat to use it, I noticed a lot of toilet paper stuff into the toilet bowl. It was obvious the previous person did not flush! I thought there would be someone to make sure that the toilets are properly cleaned before the next batch of passengers board the plane. That was disappointing and disgusting. I immediately told a male flight attendant who went in to take a look but I have already poured water into the toilet bowl and flushed it out.

3)Thirdly, it was a long flight, and the crew taking care of my section were very noisy, especially the female flight attendant, ever so excited, laughing and chatting away. I really hope SQ could remind the flight attendants that with long haul flights, they need to be careful to keep their voice level down because we were all trying to catch sleep and adjust the time in Europe and Asia. She was very inconsiderate.

Flight from Sin to Hk, SQ002.
                        I sat at 51A. The flight attendant seemed to be very new. When i told her that I wanted the indian food from the menu, she gave me the "rolling eye look" as if I was asking for a business class meal and said no indian food. I told her it;s ok and I'll take chicken but wondered as I saw it on the menu. After a while, she came back and said yes, they do have indian selection on the menu???? How was it that the attendant did not know what food was on the menu when she was supposed to ask passengers what they want for their meal?

As a whole, this was my most unpleasant flight as I felt that the attendants were very inconsiderate and unprofessional. Though I sat at the economy seat, I do deserve some rest.

Rgds,
                        Jeslyn

Singapore Airlinesremarks from air steward/stewardess

On 23/09/2019, Total we had 4 persons boarded SQ851 back from Guangzhou to Singapore departing time on 1.25pm. We carried a hand luggage which is about 5 kg and we need the air stewardess to help us to carry the hand luggage up to the cabin.

The stewardess made a remark that since it is heavy, we should offload the items, then she get the help from the steward. He took over our hand luggage and help us to put the luggage into the cabin. We are angry that he also made a remarks that since you feel that your luggage is heavy, we also feel heavy too.

We feel that since SQ allowed us to hand carry max 7 kg up in the plane and the cabin is up so high. The flight attendance should be willing and helpful enough to help us instead of marking this kind of remarks.

From Verlyn Chee
                          Email address : [protected]@yahoo.com.sg

This is not our first time taking SQ, we feel that their service was bad. This is the bad experience which we had encountered.

Singapore Airlineslack of response from lost and found section

Submitted a lost items report on the 18th of September regarding items left onboard my flight in the seat pocket - reference: SQFP180919021291 - no response from the airline at all regarding my missing items, despite two follow up emails (has now been 11 days with no reply). I leave Turkey in 5 days and would like to know if my items have been found before I leave.

Singapore Airlinesconnecting flight

Flight SQ 26 from Singapore to Frankfurt departing on 27th September 2019.
                              Connecting flight ( planned) to Munich SG 2016.
                              During flight we asked several times the crew for our connecting flight. Always we got the answer it will be announced before landing. Several flights were announced but not ours.
                              Ground personnel did not have any further Information.
                              Instead we became a SMS from Lufthansa we were rebooked to a flight at 3:15 pm.
                              You can imagine we are not happy at all by this service (now to wait additional 7 hours) before getting home. Plus the additional efforts for rescheduling other appointments and services which were and are depending on the scheduled flights. Plus having additional cost for late breakfast and lunch.
                              At least we would expect an official statement plus a small compensation.
                              Please note the picture of the boarding passes is for me only but booking is for 3 persons.
                              I'm happy to provide copies of invoices for late breakfast and lunch at a later time. Would be great if you would provide a link or email adress.
                              My email adress is [protected]@outlook.de

connecting flight

Sep 26, 2019

Singapore Airlines — quality of post-weaning meal onboard

I flew back from Incheon Airport via SQ611 on 22 Sept, 11.20am flight, with my 1 year old baby and...

Singapore Airlinescheck in

Singapore Airlines ground staff is so disappointed . I flied on SQ 237 from Singapore to Melbourne on 24 September 2019 00:25 am. I have separated seat with my wife and 3 years old daughter so I ask them to check for me if we can seat together. I have told them previously to make us seat together when booked through travel agent.
                                The ground staff is so rude just said full flight and you can buy the seat.
                                Im so disappointed with your service. This is the way you serve your customer.
                                Luckily the stewardess is so kind and explain nicely to us.

Singapore Airlinesdelayed baggage

My wife and I left Manchester on 10/09/2019 on flight SQ1819 Airlinr reference JNR9XI.
                                  Our delayed departure meant we missed our connection in Düsseldorf and had to stay overnight and be bussed to Frankfurt for our flight to Singapore finally arriving in Brisbane on 12/09/2019.

We were told in Düsseldorf that our luggage could not be found and would be delivered to our address in Brisbane. We were given a propert irregularity report ref. DUSEW54802.

The luggage had not arrived by 18/09/2019 so I contacted Singapore Airlines by Charline and Wes told tha it would be investigated and would telephone to advise me. No call was received.

On 19/09/19 I was referred to Menzies baggage handlers in Brisbane who told me the luggage would be delivered as soon as possible. On 23/09/19 I was referred to DNATO baggage handlers who investigated and called back to say they had located the luggage in Brisbane. I then had to travel to Brisbane airport to collect the luggage which was 11days overdue.

As you can imagine I had to purchase clothing and other essentials to bide me over until my luggage arrived.

I am sure you will agree this is o most unsatisfactory service and I look forward to receiving your explanation.

Singapore Airlinesflight sq 0346

Hi I'm Terry Saward & I and my partner Sabina Nef want to make a complaint about our flight on Saturday 21 Sep 125am mainly concerning our seating.
                                    We had 2 seats in the middle within group of 4 so we had a person either side of us, the person on the isle seat of my side was very sick with a terrible flu coughing and sneezing all the time and blowing her nose with dirty tissues every where.
                                    We couldn't get out of our seats to go to the toilet or stretch out legs, I've had a hip operation so this is very important for me, we had to get flight attendants to get us face masks for the entire flight of 12hrs 50mins, the lady on my partners side was a sleep and we could get her to move at one stage I had to tell the flight attendants that I was going to have to go to the toilet in front of my seat so they managed to get the sick lady up after cleaning up her mess of tissues, this woman was so sick we were amazed that she was allowed to board, now we are in Switzerland both left with this woman's terrible flu which is ruining our holiday we return from Switzerland on 14 Oct SQ 0345 from Zurich 11.45am so we are hoping that you can assure we won't be put in a similar situation.
                                    Regards Terry Saward & Sabina Nef.
                                    [protected]@xtra.co.nz