Sears Kenmorerun around from sears

G

On
Jan 02 2007, I purchased a sears kenmore oasis washer model #
110. [protected] ser # ct 4971637. About two months ago, I started
Experiencing problems with my washer. Within seconds of starting the
Washer, it stopped and code "f1" flashed on the screen. Since then,
Every time I start the washer, it stops and I get f1 code. It takes
Anywhere from 3 - 15 times to get it started... By stopping and starting
Repeatedly. Additionally, it frequently stops again at the rinse cycle
And I have to go thru the same process to get it going again. It is
Time consuming and frustrating. Shortly after this occurred, about 6
Weeks ago I contacted the rework line and was told by the customer
Service that this problem was noted and that there was going to be
"recall" or flash. She was very nice and advised me that in 2 - 3 weeks
I would be receiving a notification card in the mail regarding the
Problem an dat that time I could call the service number for free
Repair. Well, it has now been 6 weeks and I still have not received the
Card. So today I called the rework number and this time was told it was
Not under recall or flash repair!!! And it was never going to be. I was
Told that the information I had previously received was false and that
My only option was to schedule and pay for repair. Based on similar
Complaints I noted on line, this repair can cost up to $500. 00 and it
Still may reoccur!!! This is unsatisfactory. I paid over $1000. 00 for
His applinace less than 2 years ago. To be told I will have to pay
$500. 00 for repair is maddening. I have been a long time customer of
Sears and I am not happy with the service I am receiving on this issue.
The problem with the machine is not related to any type of abuse or
Misuse. Based on all the complaints I have seen on the internet, this
Is clearly a manufacture or design problem that sears should acknowledge
And fix.

• Mp
    mpabro Jan 30, 2009

Gail,

this problem is not up to sears to resolve. The manufacturer gives you a 1 yr parts/labor warranty and it is your responsibility to take care of it after that. You did have an option to buy a protection agreement from sears or through another provider once the manufacturers warranty expired. You chose not too. Your fault, don't blame others for your mistakes.

Just because you paid a great deal of money for a product, doesn't mean it will last indefinitely. Higher priced products simply follow supply and demand. They're produced in smaller quantities so they're more valuable as a result of that. :-D

• Us
    user Feb 11, 2009

I think the "repair protection" is a big rip off! Protection from what? A lemon? This sort of thing happens all the time and the responce of "you should have purchased an extended warranty" is total BS.
    Should your washer/dryer not be guaranteed for longer then 1 year?
    And isn't the manufacturer SEARS?

Most QUALITY units nowadays have a minimum 5 year warranty. A 1 year warranty for ANY appliance is a BAD sign of sub-quality product.

• Co
    consumer2 Jul 04, 2009

Mpabro - you must work for Sears. Sounds like they've brainwashed you well. You should not have to buy a warranty for a major design issue which this is. This should be a recall from Sears, or if they won't address their problem, a class action lawsuit hopefully will be forthcoming.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices