ADVERTISIMENT

Scotts.comTurf builder sun and shade grass seed, turf builder lawn food, turf builder weed and feed

M Aug 14, 2021

I have currently torn my back yard apart and tilled down 2 feet after putting down 3 treatments of ortho commercial ground clear to kill any and all weeds from existing lawn. After doing this I have treated with Turf Builder and wet lightly, after letting that sit for 24 hours I seeded with Scotts grass seed turf builder sun and shade. I watered on a normal cycle and protected the seed from birds and traffic. I have used 3 bags of seed and 2 bags of turf builder throughout the entire back yard and did it in 2 phases, due to owning large dogs. my new lawn started to come in beautiful and almost instantly after it was filling in the Crab Grass infestation took over as well as the Perslane. I then waited till I mowed it twice and treated with weed and feed, this killed some of the perslane but the crabgrass laughed at it and continued to spread like a wildfire. in my frustration I began pulling the crabgrass and the perslane and my lawn began to look horrible with bald spots. I left it alone and the crabgrass took over again. The pics i've attached are from the second side (phase 2). Phase 1 was even worse but I did not take in process pics because I know inert material is in the seed and I thought maybe it was something normal. I have attached pics of the crab grass infestation from phase 1 also. I'm absolutely disgusted at this point, I have gotten out on phase 2 and plucked baby crab grass and perslane and it just keeps coming back and YES I have pulled it with the roots completely. this is horrible I've wasted over 700$ in chemicals and tilling equipment rentals as well as hours on my hands and knees picking weeds in what should be a brand new beautiful lawn. Now I can understand some weeds as inert matter but this is an atrocity, I knew I should have done sod at this point I would rather have spent 1000$ in sod and spent a weekend putting it down than 700+ $ and all of my wasted time with a product I grew up with my father and grandfather using. lastly!!! with my large dogs and pee spots here and there I sucked it up and bought Scotts EZ Seed dog spot repair and as that started growing more friggan perslane appeared from that seed as well. Please note I bought my first bag of seed from Home Depot and my other 2 Bags from ACE Hardware!!! I would like some answers as to why this is such a horrible outcome!!! like I said I tilled this yard 3 times on each side down to a depth of 24 inches after the ground clearing chemicals. I have also included the pics of myself tilling and what it looked like prior to renovation with a dandelion infestation which we do not have an issue with anymore since we tilled and treated.

Comment Guidelines