Gardening Express Logo

Gardening Express

Having problems with Gardening Express?

Gardening Express reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 6, 2011. The latest review Product that is dead and receiving no response from the company was posted on Mar 12, 2021. Gardening Express has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 121 reviews. Gardening Express has resolved 0 complaints.

Gardening Express Customer Service Contacts

1436 London Road
Southend-on-Sea
United Kingdom - SS92UL

Gardening Express Complaints & Reviews

Gardening ExpressProduct that is dead and receiving no response from the company

I have tried to contact this company their E-Mail address is incorrect and they do not respond to their online chat service also they cannot be reached by phone. this is an appalling situation. I am beginning to think the website is a scam. Plant arrived in a poor condition but put this down to the plant about to go into dormancy It has been cared for in the correct manner but unfortunately it has not put out any new shoots and appears dead.

Mar 03, 2021

Gardening Express — Plants

Ordered plants from website based on the image that was shown. When the plants arrived, they were extremely...

Gardening ExpressPlants ordered 17 july 2020

Standard olive tree and large orange tree ordered 17 july. Never recieved. Numerous requests for updates, told lost in transit and then each time I asked for replacements or full refund of £50.93 after several days a stalling e-mail saying it will be referred to management. No way to phone of contact a real person. Appalling way to treat customers - using covid as an excuse for delay in replying. It would take very little time to issue a refund, but this has not happened. I am now considering small claims court on principle and have sent this message to them on yet another 'support ticket'.

Aug 19, 2020

Gardening Express — Delivery of plants in poor unsaleable state and not packaged appropriately

Order [laced 31st MArch, plants arrived mostly in a terrible condition - 16 chucked into one box, all broken...

Gardening ExpressCompany cannot respond to my complaint

Paid and ordered by debit card a Magnolia tree for £30 & a Daphne for £10 with £6 postage in March this year and after 2months wait the plants arrived in a torn sellotaped cardboard box which a Hermes courier dumped on my doorsteps uttering (this how we received it, all sellataped).
      The Daphne was satisfactory but the Magnolia was only a pole with all the branches broken and withered.
      Contacted Gardening Express by their system of raised tickets, expressing my dissatisfaction with corresponding photos only to get a response from someone called Zita that my complaint will be passed on to someone of the relevant team.
      After another 2 months and several contacts I am still awaiting a response from this relevant team.
      As I have paid by debit card I will now contact my bank to see if I can do anything with a chargeback.
      To make matters worst this is my second purchase from this company, my first purchase was lost in the post (again Hermes), however they did reimburse the full amount.

Gardening ExpressItems not received

I purchased 2 topiary plants in June 2020 and as yet have not received them. I managed to contact them and was told a refund would be made if the plants could not be sent. I was told that they were lost by the courier! It is now impossible to get in contact with them. What can I do? I have tried the ticket system but the security you have to go through does not work.

Gardening Express4 plants ordered mid may 2020

Ordered mid May - after a month or so received one dead plant and one only 1" tall-no Sign of two other plants ordered still to this day
          Sent about 15 emails and constantly receiving impersonal emails with pathetic excuses how busy they are and level one tier one etc - considering legal advice as they should not be allowed to get away with this - so many disappointed and upset angry customers on trust pilot with same experience - no contact tel no -
          More than Appalling Service - this website wont accept two photos so I can't send with this email - please let me know how I can send

4 plants ordered mid may 2020

Jul 23, 2020

Gardening Express — Dwarf patio apricot tree - prunus armeniaca

I ordered a Dwarf Patio Apricot Tree in April and it arrived 2 months later, dead and overpruned. A...

Gardening ExpressDead plants

Ordered on the 2nd June 2 evergreen fragrance clematis. Order number#[protected]
            £37.89. It was so difficult to Contact the company.
            The plants came after sending
            Emails stating I needed to cancel because of the weeks of waiting.
            The return email stated they were in transit.
            The paper work stated when the eventually arrived dead, that they were listed on the 1st June and arrived on 1st July.
            I find this company so frustrating and are using the pandemic as an excuse. They really do not care and should be closed down. They money and do not follow through with service.

Dead plants

Gardening ExpressRetail sale of flowers, plants

I was promised max 15 day delay. I placed my order on 15th April. On 6th May I raised a 1st ticket asking for a full refund - no answer. On 13th May - 2nd ticket asking for a full refund as terms of delivery has been broken - no answer. On 26th of June part of the order were delivered, but the plants were packed upside down and arrived with broken, brown or yellow leaves. One plant is still missing. On 26th of June I raised 3rd ticket. Today is 02nd of July and still no answers, no missing plant, no refund...

Retail sale of flowers, plants

Gardening ExpressDelivery

I placed an order [protected] on 6 may 2020 with a delivery of 3-5 working days which may extend to 10-15 working days in busy periods. I cannot contact them, social media cut off, no phone number and when emailed a "ticket" has to be raised. This gives a delivery number which means nothing and suggests that if a further enquiry which will result in a further "ticket" being raised will not improve response. Weekly general emails have been sent from what I assume is the company chief "plantologist" advising that extended delivery has been incurred by covid 19. But no proper delivery is promised it appears that orders cannot be cancelled after 24 hours from placing the order. Summer is progressing and it would have been nice to have the plants. Please advise if you can help.

Gardening ExpressTopiary gardenia tree

Order no. #[protected] May 2020

I ordered the plant as a gift. It arrived to my relative's home in a very poor state. Packaging was battered, pot was broken, soil was completely dry, buds & blooms had dropped off, plant was practically dead. This was truly disappointing and embarrassing. The contact "ticket" i raised was acknowledged but no further correspondence has been received. I would request a full refund please.

Topiary gardenia tree

Gardening ExpressDying and neglected plants

I have attempted to contact via their support ticket system together with photos but have only received an automated reply. My plants arrived suffering from a lack of water and light. Two were crushed due to a larger heavier plant being packed on top of them. I have planted them and will also take photos of them in situ. It was also stated that they would be in 1litre pots, they weren't. They offer a 5 year guarantee 😂, how do they honour of their responsibilities as a retailer if you are unable to contact them.

Dying and neglected plants
                    Dying and neglected plants

Gardening ExpressNon-delivery of order

My order [protected] was placed on 6th April 2020. Despite raising questions through their contact portal, I have had no response or delivery of the items.
                      There is no other way to contact, the complaint phone line listed is no longer active.
                      After one full month I would have expected delivery despite the problems caused by the coronavirus lockdown.
                      A complete lack of service and I fear I have lost my money.

Gardening ExpressI have only received part of my order

This morning as promised I received my Order #[protected] Mar 7 2020 The items I received were 2 Deal01015 but not but not included were the following

Deal76515 special deal Tête-à-tête Dwarf Daffodils in bud

H10832 Succulent plant collection-SixContemporary trendy plants

U10068 Pink Hyacnths in bud

Order# [protected] was sorted by10, checked by 29 and packed by28.

All these items were marked off

Is there another box to be delivered? Please advise.

Gardening ExpressCypress trees

Ordered a pair of Tuscan Cypress trees. On unpacking one was damaged, in that the leader branch was broken. Immediately emailed Gardeningexpress with pictures, took a week for them to reply (after I chased them) to be told that there was no detrimental damage. Having stated that I was unhappy with this I was told to return them at my cost to get a refund, when all they had to do was send a replacement tree. Rest assured I will not use them again and would strongly advise against anyone else using them.

Gardening ExpressPoor service and quality of plants

The plants arrived in two batches, one 2 weeks after ordering and the other 3 weeks after. There was no prior warning so the people they were being delivered to were away for the weekend and the plants were in a sorry state. I had tried to cancel the order when I realised the order was going to take more than the normal 3- 5 days but is seemed impossible to do so. The only way of contacting the company is by filing out a support ticket online. There is no way of speaking to anyone on the phone. I submitted a complaint a week ago and have heard nothing.

Gardening ExpressSupply of plants

plants not as described.
                              most are dead or about dead, small when described as large.
                              not fit for purpose.
                              The plants arrived after 3 weeks and were dry and dying.
                              No means to contact the company other than a ticketing system which i never got a reply to within their allotted time.
                              they refuse to correspond and will not allow returns under statutory rights.
                              they refuse to accept the plants are not fit for purpose so as they got out of paying return carriage costs.
                              their advertising is misleading regarding health size and type of plants.
                              they are posting fake reviews on trustpilot using multiple accounts over and over again.

• Updated by michael drinkwater · Aug 28, 2019

dead plants, incorrect descriptions and no reasonable means of contact

Gardening ExpressDead tree

After ordering a 'dormant tree in April, I had to wait a month before aything arrived. When the tree arrived, it was in a crushed cardbord box, had 2 broken branches, and no instructons for reviving it. I consulted the RHS website for accurate info about planting on dormant trees, and followed them to the record, but 3 months later I still have a 'dead twig' as it was when it arrived from 'Gardening Express' I contacted them by email on numerous occaisions but have not had any reply (would hace phoned, but could not find a number that would contact them!) Obviosly a cowboy outfit that sells crap, so would never use them again.

Dead tree

Gardening ExpressReally damaged plants was damaged in postage didn't want to help

It took 15 days to receive my plants the bales was damaged some of the plants very scruffy yellow, I had to have a ticket to complain had this only to be told just cut leaves off they will grow back the boxes wasn't damaged that bad 60 pounds worth of plants I think I'd have had them cheaper and healthier in garden centre no more gardening express.

Really damaged plants was damaged in postage didn't want to help