Complaints & Reviews

leland cypress and crepe/crape myrtle case#230862

I purchased a large number of trees and plants from Fast Growing trees. These trees/plants are mailed. Many arrive with damage pots and brown leaves if they have leaves when they arrive. The company includes a note in the box stating it is normal for leaves to turn brown and they will be fine. Order #9274540 and 9239666.

The Leland Cypress and Italian Cypress trees I received (2/27/18) all came in various states including broken pots, very little dirt left and most of the 14 were somewhat brown. The trees continued to turn brown until 3 completely died and 3 more are nearly dead. The Crepe Myrtle arrived (4/28/18) looking like a stick, had no leaves and has done nothing since it arrive to indicate it would bloom. Some seem to be doing well.

I requested advice on saving any I could, replacement of the dead and dying trees or reimbursement (I know they sell out of some items). I noted that my preference is to replace them. I also asked for their advice regarding what I needed to do to save the ones that had brown but still appeared to be living. In one of the contacts they stated the Tuscarora Crepe Myrtle was under their dormant tree policy.

I did a scratch test on all trees. 3 of the Leland Cypress were brown and 3 were brown/green under the bark and hardly any green on the plant. The Crepe Myrtle was brown underneath. Apparently the 3 nearly dead does not warrant a response. Fast Growing Trees agreed to replace 3 of the Leland Cypress and the Crepe Myrtle (as they had these in stock) advising me I would need to pay the shipping. I asked if it would work to order more plants to bring the amount up to the amount needed for free shipping and include those plants in the order hoping for a win/win for the company and myself.

The next email I receive is that they will refund for the 3 Leland Cypress and 1 Crepe Myrtle. At this point I cannot replace these as their prices have gone up as the size of their trees increased. I sent a response requesting they not do that and please send me the replacement trees due to the problem with using their certificate (not an actual refund as I can only use it at their business) and the value not being enough to replace with the same items. I was hoping to maintain a business relationship as I have plenty more yard to landscape.

The next response I received was email stating my gift codes were activate. Unfortunately it appears this company could care less about maintaining a customer. I have since read some reviews online. I have read in many of the negative reviews the company removed their reviews from the website so these are found in other locations.

I thought I had found a company I was going to be ordering many more plants from in the near and far future. I have attached pictures of all 10 Leland Cypress, 4 Italian Cypress and 1 Tuscarora Crepe Myrtle. Some are healthy trees and others are dead or nearly dead. I felt it important to include everything I could in this complaint to be fair as to what has transpired. Below you will see the communication between Fast Growing Trees reps and myself. You can see my last response was yesterday morning. This morning I had no response to this but I received email notifying me the gift codes were activated. They offered replacements and changed what they were offering to gift codes. I would still appreciate receiving replacement trees instead of the gift codes to resolve this matter.

From: Mara Campbell
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 8:11 AM
To: FGTs
Subject: Re: More pictures from Mara Campbell | Case #230862

Please send me the plants and I will pay the shipping. I cannot replace them for the cost you are reimbursing as you are now selling them for a higher price. Let me know how to take care of the shipping. I don't want reimbursed I want the trees.
I appreciate if you would work with me on this matter. I have plenty more room and need for more plants and trees in our yard and by working with me on this I feel I can trust continuing to order.

www.fast-growing-trees.com
Trees perfect for your area. Click or dial [protected] for fast growing evergreen trees, shade trees, flowering trees and fruit trees

Racheal

MAY 20, 2018 | 08:49AM EDT

Hi Mara,

Thank you for the response. We'll go ahead and issue a store credit for the 3 Leyland Cypress in the amount of $38.37 and another for the Tuscarora Crape Myrtle in the amount of $21.21. Please allow 2-3 business days for the credit certificate to show in your email box. Once you have your credit you can either re-order online and enter the certificate number at the time of checkout or you can contact us direct and we'll be happy to help with getting it applied. Please note that your store credit is valid for 1 year from time of activation. If you have any questions/concerns regarding the process please feel free to give us a call or email us and we'll gladly assist you further.

Have a great day!

MAY 18, 2018 | 02:56PM EDT

I would like to replace the trees. Are you still having the free shipping of over $79? If so I could order more and prevent the need for shipping cost. Can we make that work?

________________________________
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 11:36:09 AM

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 11:36 AM

__________________________________

Chanel C

MAY 18, 2018 | 02:36PM EDT

Mara,

Thank you for clarifying how many plants did not recover. The plants that still have some green left can be pruned back. The dead or dying portions of the tree can be removed in the hopes that the trees will fill back out.

In regards to the Tuscarora Crape Myrtle, we do have the 2-3 ft size available. I can send you one of these as a replacement if you like or if you would prefer a different plant we can issue you a store credit and make some recommendations.

In regards to the 3 Leyland Cypress trees that have completely died. we have more available. They are no longer covered under our guarantee, but since they arrived in a stressed state we can ship out 3 more replacements for you, if you can cover the shipping cost of $19.95 or if you prefer a store credit for these trees we can issue that. Please let us know which option would work best. I look forward to your response.

MAY 17, 2018 | 02:26PM EDT

Hello. Thank you for your response. Yes all the plant care instructions were followed. We have other Leland Cypress trees that have done wonderful in the same yard. We we're adding these as additional privacy.

There are 3 Leland Cypress trees I scratched with brown beneath and 3 that are green/brown. The other Leland Cypress and italian Cypress are green beneath. When they were delivered some looked a little worse for wear and plastc planters they were in had been broken. I didn't worry thought because your letter inside said it was normal due to being boxed for days. I wonder if these that are turning are the same ones.

I would like to know if I should just clip off the brown on those still green?

I would really like to replace the bad ones with the same thing if possible. If not can you suggest something comparable to the crepe/crape myrtle? It sounds like you don't have that one. The other plants seems to be doing quite well.

________________________________

__________________________________

Racheal

MAY 17, 2018 | 10:24AM EDT

HI Mara,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry you're having some issues with your plants! The Tuscarora Crape Myrtle is covered under our dormancy guarantee. We are currently out of the 1-2 ft trees that you had ordered. We can replace it with something else of the same value, $21.21 or issue a store credit or refund.

Can you do a scratch test on the leyland cypress and italian cypress that look the worse (completely brown) and give us a number that are brown when doing the scratch test?

How often have these plants been watered? Does your soil drain well and was it amended upon planting the trees? Were they mulched around the base after planting?

Thank you and we'll look for your response!

9274540 and 9239666

MAY 16, 2018 | 12:12AM EDT

Last pic from Mara Campbell. There is a pic I sent by mistake. It was too dark to see the tree so I took another.

There are 4 italian Cypress. 1 crepe myrtle (with close up to show the under where I scraped is brown). 10 Leland Cypress. I would like to save any I can with your input, replace those that cannot be saved or are already dead or get reimbursed.

MAY 16, 2018 | 12:03AM EDT

More pictures from Mara Campbell

MAY 16, 2018 | 11:29PM EDT

More pictures from Mara Campbell

MAY 16, 2018 | 11:22PM EDT

I purchased 10 Leland Cypress and 4 italian Cypress. Some have turned completely brown, some are about half brown while others have a little brown on them.

I also purchased a crepe myrtle. I have had this was for less time but it just looks like a stick. I scraped an area of bark and it is brown underneath.

I am wondering if any can be saved and how to do so. I am also wondering about getting the others replaced.

I have pictures of the trees. I have to submit separately to send.

• Updated by MDS543 · May 21, 2018

I heard from the company again. They seem to be willing to replace the Tescarora Crepe Myrtle and 3 Leland Cypress trees if I pay the shipping. They advised they were able to reduce the shipping cost somewhat as well. I will follow up with them tomorrow and attempt to complete this resolution.

Fast-Growing-TreesDon't waste your money

They have a good idea, but this business itself is simply a joke. My poor Clementine Tree died too soon, I didn't even understand what happened.
Called them to complain. They said I had to provide photos that thres really something wrong with the tree. No problem. Why would I lie? I did. Sent them.
They are gone. I don't know what happened but since then I haven't been able to reach them.
Please, never do business with them. Looks like they don't stand behind their products...

Fast-Growing-TreesWasn't able to cancel my order

I have a terrible experience with Fast-Growing-Trees and I would like to warn others about this company.
I bought a plant from them and within an hour I contacted them and asked them to cancel my order. They refused to do that and claimed that my order was shipped. They said that I can send it back when I get it, but in that case I will have to pay a restocking fee + return shipping.
By the way I still have not received the plant and I'm not sure if it really was shipped. I did not receive shipping notification.

Fast-Growing-TreesBad experience

I do not believe that all the positive reviews are true! I had a negative experience with Fast-Growing-Trees so I don't trust these positive reviews, I bet they all are fake!
Ordered a bush from this company and it arrived damaged. Contacted customer service and asked for another bush and they said ok. One week later they delivered another bush and there was nothing wrong with it except that it wasn't the correct one!! These guys can't do anything right! They are terrible and unprofessional! It took forever until I actually received what I paid for.

Fast-Growing-TreesDead plant

I have ordered a plant from Fast-Growing-Trees and it actually took the forever to deliver my order. When it finally arrived the plant was dead and damaged. I immediately contacted Fast-Growing-Trees customer service and demanded an exchange and they said that first I have to send back the dead one. The second one was not that bad, but it was also in a poor condition. I do not recommend buying plants from this site!

Fast-Growing-Trees.comI wish I would have read reviews before I choose to buy from them

Bought a willow and bamboo from this site. The willow was a wisp of a branch, that I must stretch out to the extreme to meet the 5-7 ft height promised. I paid 5 times the price I would have for the same items at my local nursery, and now have to go there and purchase what I need. The photos and descriptions were misleading, a true photo of the products would have made it clear that the asking price was 5 to 10 times what a reputable nursery charges. I have bought from reputable nurseries online and much smaller described trees I received were actually bigger in circumference and the same height. Also to save money they packaged the Bamboo with the Willow and placed the Willow upside-down in the box, this did not improve the shape of the plant. However being so tiny it survived. Also the 10 inches of Bamboo that was actually one stock with two small shoots cost $70.00 dollars, I paid $100.00 for a wine barrell full of a dense bush of 7 foot black bamboo 2 years ago from a private dealer. I will take this one for the team but say STAY AWAY FROM FAST GROWING TREES DOT COM UNLESS YOU WANT A RIP-OFF!!! I wish I would have read reviews before I choose to buy from FAST GROWING TREES DOT COM.

• De
    Deborah Piatz Jul 05, 2007

Order 5 Mimosa Tree 3-5 ft. on 11 May 2007. Web site confirmed order , charged my credit card and promised tress would ship in 4-5 weeks. Phone calls were directed to an answering machine. Which were never returned. E-mails were also ignored. Am filing complaint with cc company and states adjutant general.

Better off buyer from a local nursery.

• Dr
    Drakonier Nov 16, 2010

Sold me the trees and then when one of them died right away I wrote them and their employee told me to cut it down to the ground and wait until next Spring for it to come back and she said she would document it. Well she no longer works there and instead of writing back to them in May I wrote back in September and now they won't give me the exchanged material.

Fast-Growing-Trees.comPoor quality, poor customer service

Avoid this company at all costs. I ordered a tree for $120 that arrived as a dried-out 5' twig with no branches and a few leaves turning yellow/brown. I was expecting a 7' tree in decent health with a least a few small branches. Upon checking I find that I could have gotten a 20' giant with numerous branches and healthy green leaves at the local nursery for $235. No returns, no refunds because you have to agree to their terms when you place the order. If you call them within five days and the tree dies with 45 days they'll send you another twig. That's it. If you complain to your credit card company, they reply to the company with a phony history of calls, e-mails and attempts to rectify the situation. They operate around ten websites including the Green Giant Thuja website, all of them scams. Don't get caught. You may as well throw the money away.

Poor Product

I ordered over 800 dollars worth of trees and shrubs from this place... I wish I'd NOT been so ignorant and did my research first. But I wanted soooo badly to believe there claims with there "Fast Growing Trees". Well, my ignorance cost me, it DONT have to cost you! The Trees I bought were as follows. Royal Empress Trees (3) Tulip Poplar (2) Autumn Purple Ash (2) Butterfly bushes (3) and Knock out roses (3). First upon delivery the box's look great, BUT when opened? Looked like some one had a bad day, and just thru the items in there. NO leaves were prevalent on the Royal Empress Trees, NONE! The Tulip Poplars, and Butterfly bushes were the only ones that looked decent. The Autumn Purple Ash's looked like they were dead, dry roots and all, with a plastic bag (dry) wrapped around them. I called and they assured me, plant them, and if they don't perform, simply fill out a request for replacement', OK... well, as you can imagine, I lost both Ash trees, all 3 of the royal empress trees that had NO leaves, 1 Butterfly bush. That's a total of over 500$ lost in plants... I have MANY trees and shrubs bought locally, that performed WAY better than the ones I got from here... and LIVED, and if they didn't? I got a new one! I will say the Poplars look nice... but that's IT!!! . I received a rebate to spend on there website for just over 100$ and it took me 4 weeks to get that out of them! CROOKS!

Don't let this happen to you!

Order

If you plan on using Fast Growing Trees.com allow double the order time. They tell you 2 to 3 weeks ship time. I ordered a lemon tree over a month ago and still haven't received notification that it was shipped. I called customer service and was told they were waiting for a shipment of Lemon Trees to come to their nursery. It would have been nice to have received an e-mail or phone call keeping me informed of the delay. For a fruit tree the extra time delayed by the company means less time for your family to enjoy the fruit.

Took 6 months very poor product

I ordered 2 pecan trees 8-9 ft tall at a cost of $149 ea.in Sept 2011. It was noted they wold be trimmed back for shipping to around 6ft. I waited for acknowledgement of my order until Oct. When I called and waited almost 20 minutes I got a very rude person who said they would be shipping by the 15th of that month. I called again Nov 1 to be told they were behind and any day. I tried several other times to no avail or couldn't wait more than 20 minutes. In March 2012 just received 2 sprouts about 4 feet tall bare root that have never been trimmed. They each have about 3 small roots and survival is almost impossible. This is not the promised or represented product nor was it the verbal product promised on my last contact. They took my money 6 months ago. And still have not delivered the product.
I would hope that honorable businesses on the internet would litigate against businesses like Fast Growing Trees, as they will surely erode consumer confident over time.
These are dishonest fraudulent people owned by a corrupt venture capital firm DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Took 6 months very poor product

Fast Growing Trees NurseryDon't order from them

Ordered 2 trees of 2 feet tall. Trees that arrived were hardly 3 inches tall. Planted according to instructions in well prepaired soil. One tree lived, growing very slowly (company name?), the other died soon after planting. Contacted company, told to take pictures and send to them. Finally after weeks, were told they would replace 75% of cost of tree, but not full price, AND I'd have to pay the shipping AGAIN. This means it was going to cost me $20-$25 to replace their poor product. Contacted the BBB in their town - futile effort - they don't care as long as the company pays their membership fee. This company does NOT stand behind their product DON'T ORDER FROM THEM, go to a reputable local nursery.

• Ct
    ctbcomplain Nov 12, 2010

Yea, the BBB thought their response to my complaint was satisfactory because they offered to extend their "guarantee" (which had NOTHING to do with my complaint since the complaint was the unbelievably poor quality of product they sent). A guarantee which, as you found out, just forces you to pay for more of their doomed-to-die twigs.

However, although the BBB is nearly 100% useless to the person who got screwed, the complaints still increase the complaint counter against the company. These ###, for example, have 77 complaints, which is insanely high if you look at similar businesses. At least that's there to give a warning to other potential victims.

• Fa
    FastGrowingTrees Nov 23, 2011

It sounds like this customer ordered two of our one gallon trees. Some of these are quite young and can range from a few inches to 1.5 feet. A sales representative could have told this customer the approximate size of the trees at time he ordered.
    Unfortunately, it sounds as though this customer was unhappy with our One Year Warranty. There are links easily found on our website with this information, and the information is also shown to our customers at checkout. Our warranty is as follows: If a tree dies in the first 90 days we will issue a store credit for 75% of the cost of the tree. After that, and up to one year we will issue a credit of 50% of the cost of the tree.
    Our warranty is much more generous than a lot of online nurseries.
    Finally, we do not belong to the BBB nor are we accredited. Yes, there are companies that pay to become accredited, we are not one of them.
    The BBB is not a state agency, they allow consumers and companies to communicate and hopefully agree on a resolution. They cannot make either party do anything.

• Ym
    ymcebs Mar 09, 2012

I had a similar issue - I ordered shrubs that were described as "evergreen" - they were not. I asked to get a refund and was told that these shrubs are not evergreen. I sent the company the link from their own website that indicated that these shrubs were evergreen, and also, that their description clearly indicated that you can use the shrubs to hide your property from view. I am out over $210 with shrubs i can't use. I recommend to NEVER to buy from Fast Growing Trees Nursery again.

• Bo
    Bob Sanders 2 Jul 04, 2012

They make claims that their running black bamboo is non invasive and fast growing. What a crock.

Fast Growing Trees Nursery — Poor Quality

7609 I ordered 25 Willow Hybrid trees. Of the 25 trees 17 were DOA. I contacted the seller, instead of replacing the defective trees they gave me a credit for a percentage of the...

Received a dead stick as a tree

41057 Ordered 1 Mimosa Tree and 3 Eucalyptus Tree. The day FED EX delivered the Mimosa Tree, I was shocked to find Fast Growing Trees sent me a long dead stick! One Mimosa Tree ha...

Fast Growing Trees Nursery — Deceptive sale, advertising and claims

7609 The tree I ordered was delivered dead (Eucalyptus - silver dollar 1 gallon) and was never replaced despite me applying for replacement on their website and uploading pictures of...

Fast Growing Trees Nursey — Rip-off

I have a huge problem with the quality of the trees that were delivered to my home. For the prices I paid, I expected to receive trees that were at the same age and size as the...

Fast Growing Trees Nursery — Poor quality product

7609 I purchased two hybrid poplar saplings to avoid having to rent/borrow a truck to get them from a local nursery. Both trees are over five feet tall, but they're also both le...

Received DEAD Sticks as trees!!

I received my order from Fast Growing Trees and was missing two items. I understand mistakes happen. I phoned customer service and they stated they asked if I was certain I was missig these trees as if I was taking advantage of them. Trust me I wouldn't bother trying to get additional dead sticks from them. Sticks sold to me as "trees". When I began opening my trees I was VERY disappointed. I ordered over $300.00 worth of trees specifically 5 poplar trees. I received 4 packaged together and one separately. They were all pathetic looking sticks. The one packaged separately has no buds on it and seems to have been stripped of it's roots. It's pretty much a dead stick. I am VERY disappointed with this company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• 50
    502riverside Jun 24, 2009

Beware. Too many people have received poor quality plants from fastgrowingtrees.com and find that they have to pay an additional fee to eventually get a replacement and then find that the replacement is not much better than the one originally received.
    I ordered a 5ft tree and received a tree that was just under 5 ft. It had no leaves and after 1 month I notified them about the problem. After many unanswered emails I told them I would notify my credit card company to reverse the charges. I was then contacted by them and they eventually sent me a living 5ft tree with healthy branches and leaves. Their prices are very excessive compared to what can be obtained locally (as I later learned) and their replacement policy is outragious. They will charge you extra to replace your tree unless you can prove that the tree arrived dead or was other than what you ordered. I've learned that many people receive almost bare "twigs" that they call a tree and if it's alive when you receive it you will be very sorry with it. You will be more sorry if you try to get a replacement (at extra cost) and find that you receive another near dead set of twigs.

• La
    Laughitup2010 Jul 19, 2010

Do Not Order From This Company, go to your local nursery. Fast Growing Trees are tiny and unhealthy. Fast dead, fast dying, fast scam is what they should advertise. I ordered over $150 total worth of trees. Never again. Trying to return them (which you have to pay for shipping to return) or get a replacement is a nightmare. Why would a legitimate company ask you to pay to ship back a defective product that they sent to you? That is a sign right there! If it is their error, they should be able to fix it without asking you to pay for it, period. Evidently, you just end up giving up..which is what they want you to do anyway. They show pictures of all these wonderful trees on their website to lure you in and then they send you crap. I may as well have just thrown money out of the window. I will never order from this place again and I will definitely pass the word on about this company. It is basically a scam.

• I wish I would have seen this complaint board before ordering trees from this company. The two expensive trees ($70 each) arrived in a severely diseased condition. Upon researching their condition, I discovered that these dogwoods probably were infected with Anthracnose, a deadly and contagious disease to your whole garden. I sent an email to the company immediately, but received no response. I then called and was rudely told that my email was not received and that the company rep would check with IT because they often don't get emails. I was also told to email pictures of the diseased trees showing the dead leaves and holes all over every leaf on both trees.. I did that. I was then informed by email that since I did not take the trees to a professional lab for testing for anthracnose, I would not receive a refund. However, It is not my responsibility to spend even more money to prove the trees were diseased with anthracnose since it was evident merely from looking at them. They were nearly dead and there wasnt a single leaf that was healthy on either tree! This company is a complete scam and makes it's money selling dead and severely diseased trees. Do not buy anying from this company and use your local nursery.

• Fr
    Frosty09 Oct 21, 2011

I ordered two 5-7-foot Autumn Balze Maple trees on 2017-06-03 and received them about 2017-06-14. Both trees had their main trinks lopped off. YES... both had their main trunks cut several limbs extending up past the cut part. I planted them both. During the winter of 2017-2017 one tree died as a result of heavy ice. It broke about one-foot above the soil and then split from the break to the root ball. I removed that tree. The other tree is growing well... but is stunted from reaching it's full potential for height by the lopped off trunk. It is growing like an inverted pyramid.

I called and sent two emails. one with four photos to FGT. And three weeks later have heard nothing from them. I find that they are a well orchestrated sham. I just placed another order for FOUR (4) Autumn Blaze Maple trees from another nursery - and I hope that they are more honorable than Fast Growing Trees.

No INTEGRITY. Horrible customer service - delayed response and lies. Will not refund for DEAD product

This company has NO INTEGRITY. Do not order from them!!!

I ordered a weeping cherry tree from them and I was very dissatisfied with its condition. I have a feeling that it is a rare occasion that the product arrives healthy. The tree arrived in a timely manner but past that, there is not much more that I can say positive about it. The tree was dry, limp and dead upon arrival. Nearly all the leaves have been eaten by a parasite of some sort (you could see the holes where they ate through the leaf). I took it out of the box and promptly watered it and placed it outside, but instead of "perking up" as FastGrowingTrees promises it will, it had instead dropped 90% of its leaves. It looked more pathetic than the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. I thank my lucky stars that I had this sent to my house rather than to my friend as the gift I was going to give her as a memorial for her father's passing. How awful would that be to receive a dead tree for your father's passing???

On August 29th, I both called and emailed within ONE HOUR of receiving the tree - definitely within the 24-48 hrs policy that this website so much likes to tout. The memorial service for my friend's father was the following weekend (I receive the tree on a Saturday) and in my estimation if FastGrowingTrees had even BOTHERED to return either my call or email, they could have easily sent me another tree (hopefully alive). But no, they did not even contact me. On September 9th, the Tuesday following the memorial (where I had to present a different gift to my friend since FGT does not honor even their return policy), I filed a dispute with my credit card company. On that same day, I submitted a negative comment on their website reviews page. Guess what? I all the sudden received an email from FGTs asking about the tree.

By that time it was too little too late, dont you think? When I wrote another comment on their review website asking why my prior comments were not published (I would never have purchased from this company if I had known that they screened negative comments... shame on me to be so naive as to think that they allowed true customer comments), I received another email saying that they didnt think they needed to publish comments from a customer who chooses not to work with them. HUH? How did my contacting you via email AND phone within ONE HOUR of receipt not met the policy of your company??? When I asked them this same question noting the dates that I called and emailed them and then the date of their response, their customer service representative, Alyson, had the unmitigated gall to lie and say that she did talk with me. This is a bald faced lie. When I responded as such she hid behind the website policy.

My credit card company may or may not be able to help me fight this horrible company with terrible customer service that is obviously lacking in integrity, but I want to let anyone and everyone know that if given the opportunity you should run, not walk, away from doing business with them.

Fast Growing Trees.com — Order

I recently ordered a 2-4 foot tree from Fast Growing Trees.com. When I received my receipt it indicated 2-3 weeks for delivery. This was not acceptable so I attempted to cancel my...

fast-growing-trees.com; on-line nurseryshoddy product, poor quality, poor service

DO NOT order from Fast-growing-Trees.com!!! They are a SCAM! See my photos of what you will get compared to menard's!
I just got the trees I ordered and I was SHOCKED and DISMAYED, as they are just long sticks with a few leaves and very little root balls. check the photos for a comparison----For the same price at Menard's I found the maple tree that was at least 6-7+ feet and very branched and a huge rootball-7 gallon size! (This, despite the web site claim that these trees will not be found in the big box stores for 10 yrs.)
The N. spruce are scrappy, tiny, dried and and look lie they were dug out of the woods. Again at Menard's I found a much larger, pruned and full, with a much larger rot system! (see image)
I ordered these on-line, so that I would not have to get them to my cabin in the car, and now this...I feel utterly cheated! I want my money back in FULL and have disputed the charges on my VISA card. they are investigating this merchant.

The customer service is despicable, with the hassle of emailing and no response in over a week.

shoddy product, poor quality, poor service

• OH YA THIS PLACE IS A HUGE SCAM. THEY did the SAME thing to me and won't give me my money back. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ANYONE?

• 20
    20WahWah10 May 01, 2010

That's funny...you lay a tree down, claiming it to be a twig, and that it came from some fast growing tree nursery but there is nothing in the pics that proves that it did, yet you gave clear pics of a tree with the name tag Menards on it. You also claim that you got a 6 to 7 footer from Menards for the same price as fast growing tree's smaller tree. But where in any of your pics does it show you got the 6 to 7 footer for the same price? You must work for Menards and trying to boost sells. You people, i tell ya. You want something for nothing

• Ho
    Houseboat1 Jun 10, 2010

I just ordered two Royal Empress Trees from Fast Growing Trees. They arrived within the week with a fed ex order number emailed to me the day before they shipped. The plants are beautiful and appear strong. I expected sticks and got beautifully leafed plants. No complaints here. Will see what happens after I plant them!

Fast-Growing-Trees.comFalse Advertising/No Refund

I ordered a 3-4 ft tulip tree from this company for $56. When I got it, it was just shy of 3ft tall. And the trunk was no larger than a #2 pencil. I was shocked at what I had received. I immediately followed their instructions and planted my tree. After 3 weeks of warm weather, the tree was not budding. When I got it, there were no leaves or buds on the tree. So, I called the company and they told me to wait another 4 weeks and call back if there was a problem. After 4 more weeks of warm weather, still nothing. So I called back. They advised me to do a scratch test at the base of the tree. I did that and there was no green at all. The tree was dead.

By this time, I had already gone and replaced the tree myself. They have a NO refund policy. And even their replacement policy requires some rigorus steps that are just unnecessary.

Here is what I wish to tell you. Do not order from this company. You will get the run-around. I made many calls and sent several emails.

I ended up getting this same tree, in full bloom, with lots of leaves and 8 feet tall for $22.49 at my local Lowe's store. I should have never gone to fast-growing-trees.com!

• YUP THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL SCAM. I was totally screwed, buy your trees at LOWES!!! Cheap and a one year guarantee. This company has ZERO customer service, hides behind a so called policy (that really doesn't apply because they don't send you what they advertise) and needs to be shut down. I hope someone does something soon!

• Ka
    Kalmes Jun 03, 2016

Ordered 5 trees/ shrubs. They weren't as large as described, The purple lilac appeared half dead & looked like it had white mold on most of the leaves. It never grew & leaves were falling off despite fertilizing & watering. Sent photos as required for a replacement, they said they never received them. Took more photos, they said to continue fertilizing for a few more weeks. The plant continued to deteriorate. Called again & again told send photo that they again didn't receive. Sound like the runaround? After spending $300 on mediocre trees that comparable "fast growing" trees could have been purchased from Lowes I learned that some online companies shouldn't be trusted to provide good products or service. Fast-growing-trees.com is one of those companies.

fast growing trees .comInferior Product

I spend 425.00 on willow hybrid trees. When they arrived they were just twigs, but I thought okay, there is a 90 day guarantee so I will just send them back if they don't grow as fast as the company claims.

Almost 90 days later, the twigs have no leaves. I contact the company and they tell me to perform the scratch test to see if they are dead. They are not dead, but still no buds. The company refuses to replace they trees that I assume are dying because they claim they are not dead. The 90 days will be up and I will not receive replacements nor will they refund my money.

Very Annoyed.

• We
    Wendy Sea Sep 12, 2008

Ms. Mauer was refunded everything but the shipping on her order. It is made very clear on the website that the Willow Hybrids are a young thin tree. You can see this for yourself at http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/WillowHybrid.htm

I sincerely wish consumers would read the terms of service before placing an order on any website. Our policies are not that different from other in our industry. If you read the terms of service and are aware of certain polices it makes the whole experience much more manageable.

I hope when people read these complaints they take into consideration the volume of business we do vs. a handful of complaints.

• Oh please enough with your excuse of "Terms of Service" A: you have no customer service on email, B: your terms of service does not excuse bait and switch advertising products. You show a video on the trees I ordered showing a nice well developed starter tree, sure not like the pencils with NO LEAVES I got. Out of seven five are dead! Woo hide behind that terms of service...you just sell crappy trees and are a complete SCAM!

Fast Growing Trees Nursery — False Advertising

I ordered 5 hybrid poplar trees from this company. They advertise them as 3 to 5 feet tall. None of the trees were even 3 feet tall. One was 28 inches. In circumference, they were...

royal empress tree

I recently ordered a royal empress tree from this company on line. What I received was a mostly dead "stick" with 1 root. there were no branches or leaves. We planted it but the "tree" is dead.We spent almost 85 dollars! The customer service department is a joke! I advise anyone to stay away from this company and choose your tree locally.

• Cu
    Curtisg41 Jul 11, 2008

Steve,

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

I purchased some Empress Splendors from www.worldtreetch.com a few years ago and have had nothing but excellent service from them. They even guarantee for the first year (if you're located in the correct climate).

It bugs me to see negative comments regarding Empress Trees especially because everyone seems to paint them with the same brush. Although, given your experience I would feel the same.

The good thing about the Empress Splendor is that it contains all the amazing attributes of other Empress' but does not share it's invasive characteristics.

I think it would be a shame to miss out on a wonderful tree because of a bad experience with a certain company. I promise you will not be disappointed with World Tree!

If you have any other questions regarding my experience, let me know!

• Cj
    cjwalker5200 Jun 29, 2009

I have 2 royal empress trees that I purchased from Fast growing trees and they are just lovely. They arrived in the same form as above mentioned but quickly flurished after planting. Perhaps a second go might prove succesful in the early spring.

FastGrowingTrees.com — Poor quality product!

Purchased 4, 4 ft thuja trees. They were received with broken branches. However, the real reason for complaint is that after approx 45 days one of the 4 died. Wrote them several...

Fast Growing Trees Nursery — Items sold not as described / Merchant refuses to accept return and refuses to refund charges

Had to deal with Fast Growing Trees Nursery http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/indexT.htm... An online merchant offering plants for sale - wanted to save myself from having to move...